Photo

GTA games supports Violence ?

32 replies to this topic
GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

GTA series is in controversies from the day of its first game released...

most controversial is GTA fans killing other people, after influencing from GTA games.

GTA game are always accused of supporting violence.....some people even thinks its the most violent game of the gaming history,,,

I am GTA fan from a very long time..... and i don't think so ... WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS...

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

I don't think GTA supports violence at all. Anyone who's been influenced by the violence in any of the GTA games is a moron.

Violence in video games was around way before GTA came on the scene.

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

Always GTA, myself personally has not heard any complaints about games such as SR.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:04 AM Edited by CryptReaperDorian, 08 March 2009 - 05:08 AM.

GTA does not support violence, even read the text before a GTA game starts up. People just use GTA as a scapegoat and lawyers like Jack Thompson support them. People who actually get influenced to commit a serious crime from a game aren't mentally stable to begin with and thus it could possibly be somebody else's fault for letting them own or play the game in some cases.

Violence has been on projector films since the beginning of the 20th century, yet films never or barely get accused for violence and other serious crimes. Same thing with sex in media, in 80% of the shows on TV there is always somebody f*cking another and GTA SA gets a whole bunch of sh*t from politicians and lawyers for a fully-clothed sex minigame with fictional people. I wonder if interactivity changes the whole thing in violence and sex in media.

@Stink_Fist: Jack Thompson flamed SR2 for pushing the limits more than GTA IV (probably because of streaking and the Fuzz! activity). Oh, and good song. icon14.gif

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK @ Mar 7 2009, 23:44)
GTA series is in controversies from the day of its first game released...

most controversial is GTA fans killing other people, after influencing from GTA games.

GTA game are always accused of supporting violence.....some people even thinks its the most violent game of the gaming history,,,

I am GTA fan from a very long time..... and i don't think so ... WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS...

Watch, this, look what I do here:

Eminem is in controversies from the day of his first LP released...

most controversial is Eminem fans killing other people, after influencing from Eminem.

Eminem always accused of supporting violence.....some people even thinks its the most violent rapper of the rapping history,,,

I am Eminem fan from a very long time..... and i don't think so ... WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS...

Madonna is in controversies from the day of her first video released...

George Bush is in controversies from the day of this is actually black marker, not a spoiler. Either way, he's the most popular unpopular president thus far, and he did it with many controversies.

Controversy, my friend, is a big deal. Once you have it, you ride it out as long as they are still getting pissy about it. You know, Jack Thompson, regardless of if we agree with the particular things he was on about or not, we got to all sit back and say: "Hey, Jack Thompson, in the end, was not all that bad for the games industry...". He was a pretty bad role model for future lawyers, but put new eyes on games, or pissing off someone above him who might just happen to like games lol. Beside the point, anyways, Controversy. It's very very important once you get it in the ways you don't deserve it.

When you have radicals who call themselves patriots banging down your doors to stop production, or radicals who kill each other or rob someone and blame it on the games they played, blaming it on GTA, they gave a pretty tame game the Controversy Card and now they have the ability to go all out.

The controversial sh*t sells, and GTA III was a pretty tame game. They called drugs simply "Spank". Maybe that's a slang name for some form of speed over there, I don't know. Either way, the game was for n older crowd and it was a series of things you often see recycled on TV over and over again. When they were attacked for that, I think the media, the pressures-that-be behind the media at least, I think they created a new eminem. A new madonna. A new GW. They handed them the pass to say "f*ck that" and gave them the Golden Ticket. These guys are driven to be that utterly amazing-sounding thing they pinned on them. And it is a hefty task, and the way they are doing it is amazing. GTA 1 til now, lots of grief especially once it went third-person, and they stilllll manage to do things in rather tasteful and artful ways - without boasting it's art, without banging out knock off junk, without a lot of press time, just what they have, it'll be out soon - being unique in so many ways they truly are Rockstars. And So is eminem, he's a Rock Star, and Madonna, and George Bush, and Britney, and Controversial Pop Culture is the Gold. Once you really get that, you roll with it - it drives you. These guys have something like 20 or 25 titles, it might not be a lot, but you know them all.

They are more than games, and that's what the radicals don't understand, and other radicals abuse in fear of taking their own responsibility, and that's the same reasons anyone ever has witch hunts against them or people blaming their material for some crazy or retarded thing they've done. It amounts to a spot light. In the creme-of-all, Controversy - that sacred realm. Running with it is only for people who are Rockstars, and they really live up to their names.

That makes them either incredibly insightful and intuitive, or part of the charade that makes up the very media they spoof. Either way, GOAT, controversy sells. I would not be surprised if JT owned a good share of T2 sly.gif

bud5mok38alla
  • bud5mok38alla

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

how can you say gta supports violence
wen you have all these war games were your killing people from differnt nations
but its ok bcoz your fighting for your country
i dont understand

also it grinds my balls gta teaches you how to be violent
what are you ganna do get a gun and u want to shoot sum one
so wat do u do?
L2, R2

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:13 AM

i remember when there was one thing that someone murdered his friend with knife because he played GTA or manhunt so much tounge.gif but later on it was proved that he had watched Childs play day before he committed murder

javi13
  • javi13

Doa backflip

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Jackal1337 @ Mar 8 2009, 06:13)
i remember when there was one thing that someone murdered his friend with knife because he played GTA or manhunt so much tounge.gif but later on it was proved that he had watched Childs play day before he committed murder

I think one of those children's shows could influence me to commit murder... on a mass scale.

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

Child play? How the f*ck does a horror movie about a doll influence you to kill someone?

bud5mok38alla
  • bud5mok38alla

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Mar 8 2009, 08:25)

Child play? How the f*ck does a horror movie about a doll influence you to kill someone?

well if someone is truly f*cked in the head they might see childsplay
see it and think holy crap thats how i shuld kill (insert name here)
theres always someone like that out there

it may not influence tho as such but just show a demonstration

fed-B
  • fed-B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

i think the violence in this game doesn't influence anyone. this is violence with funny stuff. i laugh playing gta biggrin.gif

MrCheezeWhizz
  • MrCheezeWhizz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

I've been playing Super Mario all day
I think I'm gonna go kill some turtles, and pop some shrooms.

numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

The actions of an individual can not be blamed on anyone but the individual. No matter what. You are solely responsible for your own actions. Anyone who claims otherwise is a sad excuse for a human that can't take responsibility for their own screw ups.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (MrCheezeWhizz @ Mar 9 2009, 12:39)
I've been playing Super Mario all day
I think I'm gonna go kill some turtles, and pop some shrooms.

Don't you mean Koopas? happy.gif

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, I kill.

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (bud5mok38alla @ Mar 8 2009, 05:49)
i dont understand

Look dude i agree with you that GTA is not responsible for violence but about the war games

The matter is you kill innocent people in GTA and in war games they are enemy soldiers you have to kill them if not they will kill you, whereas in GTA there are innocent city peoples.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

I believe Sam Houser commented a few times on this, but mainly his worry was all of GTA would become a footnote for what was Hot Coffee... The time and effort of their art reduced to what Hot Coffee "stirred up"
Sam is not happy at all about real life situations marred by voilence. Neither are musicians who are affected by fan suicide. The thing to keep in mind with both is it's a reflection of life and all that brings to the table, all the baggage. The art of Entertainment is a reflection, but in interactive cases like GTA, the impetus is based upon movies, which again, COULD glorify violence, some would say Scarface does. Either way, it's partly based on real life.

IT'S ONLY a GAME!

bud5mok38alla
  • bud5mok38alla

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK @ Mar 10 2009, 01:00)
QUOTE (bud5mok38alla @ Mar 8 2009, 05:49)
i dont understand

Look dude i agree with you that GTA is not responsible for violence but about the war games

The matter is you kill innocent people in GTA and in war games they are enemy soldiers you have to kill them if not they will kill you, whereas in GTA there are innocent city peoples.

m8 u culd kill any1 any were and way any time for any reason but ur still killing

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

I don't think so. I played the first GTA game when I was only 7 years old, and that was one the PS1. I have been a fan of the series since then, and I haven' killed a soul, stole a car, shanked a bitch, or anything like that. I don't have a criminal record at all and I am 19 years old now.

What people fail to realize is that GTA games are influenced by all of the sh*t that happens in society, such as killing, car jacking, fighting, shooting, stabbing ect. There is also a few extras thrown in there like weilding rocket/missile launchers and flamethrowers and such. The assholes that slam GTA game for being "violent" need to realize that Society contributed to what GTA is today. And R*/T2 of course, just to avoid the samrtasses.

In the end, GTA doesn't support violence. Society does.

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Mar 10 2009, 14:51)
I don't think so. I played the first GTA game when I was only 7 years old, and that was one the PS1. I have been a fan of the series since then, and I haven' killed a soul, stole a car, shanked a bitch, or anything like that. I don't have a criminal record at all and I am 19 years old now.

What people fail to realize is that GTA games are influenced by all of the sh*t that happens in society, such as killing, car jacking, fighting, shooting, stabbing ect. There is also a few extras thrown in there like weilding rocket/missile launchers and flamethrowers and such. The assholes that slam GTA game for being "violent" need to realize that Society contributed to what GTA is today. And R*/T2 of course, just to avoid the samrtasses.

In the end, GTA doesn't support violence. Society does.

But may be Blading and slicing people in the game may some how effect brain of children of age below 10 years.

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

i think most of the fans are agree that GTA supports violence...

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:42 AM

Just remember this, My Friend...

GAMES DON'T KILL PEOPLE, I KILL PEOPLE!

Go back to bed, thanks. dontgetit.gif whatsthat.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK @ Mar 13 2009, 23:25)
i think most of the fans are agree that GTA supports violence...

So, from everyone posting and expressing how GTA doesn't support violence. You still think they agree it does?

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

What's most disappointing in this thread is that no one has flamed the OP yet.

Seriously, what's up with you pussies?

His thread is completely retarded. Everyone actually responded to it seriously.

BigTen
  • BigTen

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Ive never seen any violence in GTA. dozingoff.gif

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

I just wanna ask you whether killing pedestrians using vehicles, killing passing by people, breaking police rules and then killing cops...

Doe you think its violence ir not?

personally i didn't feel so coz it's just a game but but i don't think so every body is thinking like that.

Samcharles
  • Samcharles

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

There are so many games out there that can be labeled as violent. It's honestly stupid for someone to choose one game and say that one drove someone to kill.
What about t.v.?
Movies?
Music?

When are people going to stop blaming "things" and put the responsiblity where it truly lies? With each person.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

I think GTA could probably prevent violence. My reason is because if you kill people in real life there will be consequences if caught, and if you are somebody feeling like you are about to rip somebody's head off it could release some stress from some people.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:14 AM

Obviously enough, the series glorifies violence and a criminal lifestyle, but that doesn't mean that they support or condone doing any of these actions in real life.

Video games have only been around so long, yet tribe-like violence has been around since seemingly ever. Whether it be "my country is different from yours, let's kill each other over it", or the Cosa Nostra and other crime organizations of the mid-1900's. Why, pray tell, did human beings commit such atrocities if there were no video games to influence them to do so? Oh yeah, because that wasn't the case then, and it's not the case now.

How appealing would it be, after having committed murder, to show up in court and lay the blame somewhere else? Doing so could get your sentence reduced, maybe you could score your family some extra money on the side from claiming that a third party influenced you to commit such acts, and taking them to court, in the case of an entertainment business, for not providing supposed "vital" warnings of the contents of the media?

In my opinion, yes, it is possible to desensitize a person to violence through exposing them to violence in media, but why is that considered a bad thing? Why would it be considered bad to be able to keep yourself from locking in panic during a violent situation? Desensitization isn't such a bad thing, when you look at it. It's when the desensitization is coupled with insanity that a person truly becomes a risk for harming others. However, an insane person need not be desensitized to violence to commit violent acts. It simply takes an insane man to confuse the fantasy worlds presented to us by video games, movies, literature, etc with the real world.

In short, I think violence in media is simply a scapegoat for the homicidal to justify their own insanity.

Slamman
  • Slamman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Mar 24 2009, 04:00)
I think GTA could probably prevent violence. My reason is because if you kill people in real life there will be consequences if caught, and if you are somebody feeling like you are about to rip somebody's head off it could release some stress from some people.

yes, but every time the cops gang up and nail me I get MORE AND MORE AND MORE..... A N G R Y !!!! ARRGGHHHH!HHHHHHH!HHHH!!!!H!H!!!!

Imma kill sum folks!

Then myself.

The guy in California, he did because he feared not finding a job, if that were the case with me, I'd already have CRACKED!!! nervous.gif nervous.gif wow.gif angry.gif devil.gif devil.gif notify.gif sarcasm.gif suicidal.gif rampage_ani.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users