First off, big props go to Gangsta Killa whose beginner guide on coding inspired me to even do this in the first place (I'm kind of a fast learner, my first script mod just hours later ). Also, thanks to HazardX for turning on the lightbulb over my head and giving me a clue on where to gather the resources I needed to make this mod work the way I wanted.
Thanks also to Vetra for helping me with his big huge daunting string replacement thingy! Even though I just spelled his name wrong in my .txt file, he'll find it in his heart to forgive me!
This mod requires HazardX's .NET Scripthook.
Then Click Here to download the quick fix to the "raising MAXHUNGER above 1,000 starts you out hungry" problem. Sorry, I'm busy right now so I don't have time to re-zip the archive and announce it as a new version or anything.
- The speed at which you get hungry and the money it costs to deliver food to your refrigerators is edited via the .ini file
- Yes, that's right, dial 555-FOOD and all your safehouses will be stocked with food for a fee!
- Take food out of the refrigerators (or the cabinets for the west safehouse) by using the ; key (currently not configurable, sorry!)
- Carry one food item with you at a time; it acts like a mobile hunger/health reliever when you eat it by pressing the ' key (currently not configurable, maybe next version!)
- Eat it in the car!
- New status bar replaces the barrage of messages about your state of hunger! As it widens, your hunger grows!
- Just as before, you can go to Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot, any nut/hotdog/Sprunk stand and any Sprunk machine to relieve your hunger, and you'll slowly starve to death when your hunger reaches its maximum!
The things under [SETTINGS] are the two things that have designed to be changed. MAXHUNGER is how many units of hunger must be burned through before you begin starving. So if you want it to take LONGER to get hungry, INCREASE this value. The default is 1,000 and is personally my favorite.
ORDERFOODCOST is the dollar amount required to stock your refrigerators. The default is $200.
Please do NOT change anything under [DONOTTOUCH] or the script may fail.
None, except one graphical flaw, not a functional flaw (it doesn't affect the way the mod works):
- Eating food taken out of the refrigerator while you're crouched makes Niko do some... interesting levitating trick. If any of you scripters out there know how to design an if condition to work around whether Niko is crouching or not, send me a PM so I can fix it in the next version!
*Implement a water bottle Niko carries with him at all times so he can regain his ability to sprint by taking a gulp?
*Other detriments to being extremely hungry, like poorer accuracy?
*Maybe even some sort of a buff for being fed?