» «
Photo

Holy Crap, free DLC with purchase?!

18 replies to this topic
chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:18 AM Edited by chngdman, 19 March 2009 - 02:22 PM.

Apparently, right now, if you preorder IV, you get some form of DLC? How does this work? Is this normal for DS games? Discuss, does this make the game more enticing to buy? I found it here before anyone says I shopped this pic. tounge.gif

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

Preorder IV? You meant CW, right?
Anyway, that's really thoughtful of R*. I wish the earlier GTA's had this code...

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Its not DLC. Its just a unlock code for something thats already on the cart. Anyone who pre-ordered will just post the code online and everyone will have it.

Its like here in Aus EB have a pre-order bonus $10,000 and all the best weapons *cough*amoneycheatcodeandallweaponscheatcode*cough*

JonnyT
  • JonnyT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:01 PM Edited by JonnyT, 07 March 2009 - 01:04 PM.

QUOTE ([GTA Man)
cycon77foamy[GTA Man],Mar 7 2009, 10:25] Its not DLC. Its just a unlock code for something thats already on the cart. Anyone who pre-ordered will just post the code online and everyone will have it.

Its like here in Aus EB have a pre-order bonus $10,000 and all the best weapons *cough*amoneycheatcodeandallweaponscheatcode*cough*

Yeah, you also get a code for this when you pre-order from GAME (UK).

user posted image

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:49 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 08 March 2009 - 12:53 AM.

People are expecting both of these codes (the Gamestop money/gun code and the Amazon Infernus code) t just pop up online but with Nintendo's Wi-Fi and the Rockstar Social Club they could actually make these things unique codes that can't simply be used over and over again.

If it's something you actually enter into the game it probably would be re-usable but they could easily make codes that you need to enter into the Social Club that then unlock the content from the Wi-Fi connection. If this is how it's done then they could be unique one-time-only codes.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm guessing they won't be this complicated (doing the re-usable button code is easier) but it's within the realm of possibility.

I'm ordering two copies, one for myself and one for my little sister. I'll be transferring my $5 deposit from one of my Gamestop preorders over to the other (canceling that preorder in the process) and I've just put in my preorder at Amazon.

I get both bonuses, she gets a free game. Everybody is happy.

Edit:

Whoa, my speculation on the Social Club support was 100% right.

From Amazon.com's description of the deal:

At release your order will ship with a unique one-time use code packaged with the game, and brief instructions regarding how to use your DS' Wi-Fi capabilities, or your computer, to download your new ride from Rockstar Games' 'Rockstar Social Club.'

So this is 100% for sure NOT just a button code that will pop up instantly online. You get a unique code, you upload it to the Social Club and the Social Club sends it to your ds via Nintendo Wi-Fi.

George Brosnan
  • George Brosnan

Bring It, Fool.

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE ([GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man] @ Mar 7 2009, 10:25)
Its not DLC. Its just a unlock code for something thats already on the cart. Anyone who pre-ordered will just post the code online and everyone will have it.

Yeah BUT, remember, you cant finish the game 100% with cheats can you, so the code is slightly more hlepful

BentlyDang
  • BentlyDang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Mar 8 2009, 00:49)
I get both bonuses, she gets a free game. Everybody is happy.

Lol more like cheat code + Bonus inpenetrable infernus

But i would pre order from Amazon if i could sad.gif
Though im going to buy the game and try it without cheats

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:40 AM

@Guru thats interesting. Just looked up and some DS games carts are given free 'reserved space' for such downloads (I now remember the weekly puzzles dload for Professor Layton) So yeah thats plausible/how its being done.

But I prefer starting fresh with no assistance or head starts.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:08 AM

Glad they kept the IV style of the Infernus just look what happened to the Patriot

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

This code will proably be posted online so, I'd just buy it from any regular store

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:41 AM

This code will proably be posted online so, I'd just buy it from any regular store

Again, it's a unique code that you need to redeem through the Social Club. When you do this the Social Club either downloads the content to your ds or unlocks it.

In any case it's already been confirmed to be unique codes, not just one code that will be shared.

Amazon.com is guaranteeing street-date delivery and it will be sales-tax free for most people so I don't know why you wouldn't get it from them.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

Amazon do International orders, right?

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

I believe they do. If you're in Wales you might want to keep checking amazon.co.uk but I just checked and their "Chinatown Wars" product screen doesn't list this offer.

For the moment it really does seem to be an Amazon.com exclusive (meaning American, not the foreign Amazon sites) but as far as I know they do ship internationally.

Often times these deals end up at other retailers in other countries, so what is exclusive to Amazon.com in the US will be available exclusively at another major retailer in the UK.

JordanH21
  • JordanH21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (chngdman @ Mar 7 2009, 09:18)
user posted image

Where on the GTA map is this? I can't find what's on the minimap in the GTA IV world. Or have they added somewhere new?

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

The map isn't the exact same, but that's obviously near one of the bridges.

Too bad I can't have the Infernus, but oh well, everyone who does get it, make sure to tear up the town with it for the rest of us.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

Well, I might preorder the game from amazon, but even if I do I don't see how(my computer doesn't have any wireless network or anything) I would use my DS's wifi, so I still won't be able to get the Infernus sad.gif .

I mean, since this Liberty City is new to me(never played IV), I was at least hoping I would be able to ride around in safety...

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

hey, did anyone notice the Gas Dispensor Icon on the radar?? Fuel??

That seals it for me, Leeds was a modding team tounge.gif lol

Ruben-LWD
  • Ruben-LWD

1337 H4x0r!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (chngdman @ Mar 10 2009, 14:06)
hey, did anyone notice the Gas Dispensor Icon on the radar?? Fuel??

That seals it for me, Leeds was a modding team tounge.gif lol

yup its for molotovs you can get benzine etc of it to maake them in a minigame

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

ahhh that's what it's for. Not for cars too, though? Only weapons?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users