Photo

Best of Both Worlds...

195 replies to this topic
SovietWarrior42
  • SovietWarrior42

Certified Demoman

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

I've started to do this since my save got messed up. I have to say, it makes the game even cooler.

SafetyCatch
  • SafetyCatch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

That's a good idea. I might just try it. tounge.gif

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 9 2009, 19:15)
Ok I switched it.

Which post is the up-to-date list? I'm almost through my current game and I'm going to try this on the next one. smile.gif

marv W
  • marv W

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Quality effort lads, Im gonna go do this now.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Apr 27 2009, 00:31)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 9 2009, 19:15)
Ok I switched it.

Which post is the up-to-date list? I'm almost through my current game and I'm going to try this on the next one. smile.gif

The second post down on page 2 is the most accurate and up to date list.

Ghett0
  • Ghett0

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Mar 6 2009, 04:05)
cookie.gif for Hannah Montana reference. Other than that, good stuff man.

You do understand that that phrase was invented long before that song?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:05 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 12 May 2009 - 05:13 PM.

QUOTE (SovietWarrior42 @ Apr 25 2009, 17:27)
I've started to do this since my save got messed up. I have to say, it makes the game even cooler.

Cool let me know if it works out well for you and more importantly if anything comes up.

And also... Something that occured to me about Liz's missions was that she has two different bodyguards (Andreas and Jorge) I know Andreas appears in almost every cutscene of her missions in TLAD meaning that he must be (or must now be) her main bodyguard. So that leaves the question of when did he take over from Jorge?

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

McLovin2404
  • McLovin2404

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

@OP - Nice set out. More reason to buy the 360 now. Will sticky this for myself for future referencing.

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

As much as I really want to play these levels in chronological order, I think I'm gonna wait until the DLC where you play as Luis comes out first.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 9 2009, 20:45)
I went through both version's today again and during TLAD(after TSC) i heard a radio report over the radio of Goldberg's killing, and it also was featured as(like i mentioned in a previous reply) the main story on the (game's)internet, as well.

So what has so far happened, was after "Final Inerview"(Niko's story) i got a radio news flash of a gunfight between bikers(not specified) and an Asian mob(from TLAD's TSC mission), and after "This Sh*t's cursed" i got a radio news flash of Goldberg being murdered.(from Niko's FI mission)

So after both missions of FI and TSC, i got reports of the other, and i was still unsure which one came first. lol

But then i found a hint on why i think F1 happened first, as another news flash(radio) mentioned another victim(from the serial killer) being found _and_ it also appears on his webblog, during Niko's story.

However during TLAD, while i got the radio news flash after TSC, the serial killer's blog(and you know his name) had no mention of what he just did.

So this must mean that FI happens before TSC, but these happen in near the same time, and heck, they may be happening on the same day....lol.

So the order must be:

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed

I went over this many times, and i really believe this is how the order is.

Later guys,

Phil

I apologize for bringing this up again, but when I played through the game doing TSC after FI I had a thought and I now beleive that TSC does in fact take place before FI. Here's why...

We were all confused to which one happened first because after doing FI was the news on the radio about the Triad/Biker Chinatown shootout and after doing TSC was the Goldberg Murder on the web. But everyone seemed to think that the web blog of the serial killer being updated in Niko's file and not Johnny's, that somehow FI took place first.

But wouldn't that just mean that the killer Eddie Low just hadn't written yet in TLAD which means that by the time of FI he has written it?

Also, when you check the Liberty Tree right away after TSC it is not infact updated yet with the Goldberg news, but when you save the game advancing a whole 6 hours then it does appear which means that the murder of Goldberg could have been taking place during those 6 hours. So here's an example of what I think happened... I'll use pretend days of the week and timing to make it easier to understand:

on Sunday night to Monday morning Billy, Brian, Johnny and Jim went down to Chinatown to do the deal with the Triads which of course you know what happens. By the time Johnny, Jim and Brian return to the clubhouse Niko is preparing for his interview. At any moment between that or maybe even before Eddie has commited his murder and the police have found the body. So of course the blog won't be updated around the time Johnny returns to the clubhouse and becomes president. If Johnny checks the computer there's no news of Goldberg yet, so Johnny takes a rest (saves the game) Then Niko kills Golderberg around 12ish on Monday afternoon and if he hops in a car to escape and passes the mission he'll hear about the Goldberg murder, the Eddie Low murder and the Chinatown shootout which has happened already. At this point Eddie has updated his blog. When you go back to TLAD after saving the game then Johnny will see the Goldenberg news updated on the Liberty Tree and Weazel.

Now I'm not sure when in TLAD the Eddie Low blog gets updated so that can still pose a problem to my theory but let me know what you guys think because I'm starting to believe it happened like this.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

So what your saying is It was right the way I had it the first time and I should change it back? or No?

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 12 2009, 23:25)
So what your saying is It was right the way I had it the first time and I should change it back? or No?

Well do you think I'm right friend? I was expecting a few arguments to be honest, but yeah if you agree with my theory you should change it back.

miarkus
  • miarkus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Versityle @ May 12 2009, 22:58)
on Sunday night to Monday morning Billy, Brian, Johnny and Jim went down to Chinatown to do the deal with the Triads which of course you know what happens. By the time Johnny, Jim and Brian return to the clubhouse Niko is preparing for his interview. At any moment between that or maybe even before Eddie has commited his murder and the police have found the body. So of course the blog won't be updated around the time Johnny returns to the clubhouse and becomes president. If Johnny checks the computer there's no news of Goldberg yet, so Johnny takes a rest (saves the game) Then Niko kills Golderberg around 12ish on Monday afternoon and if he hops in a car to escape and passes the mission he'll hear about the Goldberg murder, the Eddie Low murder and the Chinatown shootout which has happened already. At this point Eddie has updated his blog. When you go back to TLAD after saving the game then Johnny will see the Goldenberg news updated on the Liberty Tree and Weazel.

Although I don't have enough patience to write one it would be awesome to read someday a whole script of GTA IV + TLAD just like the one you did for those two missions. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later after 2nd DLC which will complete this whole epic story. BTW great job all of you guys.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Versityle @ May 13 2009, 13:34)

Well do you think I'm right friend? I was expecting a few arguments to be honest, but yeah if you agree with my theory you should change it back.

Well I said that that way was right and somebody said it was the other way and that they were completely sure. I was almost 100% sure it was the way I had it first but I didnt want to be an asshole and take the whole "I'm right youre wrong" approach. Anyway I've changed it so Thanks for settling that I guess.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 6 2009, 11:28)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ Mar 6 2009, 09:05)
cookie.gif for Hannah Montana reference. Other than that, good stuff man.

Ditto that, I <3 Miley with all my cawk.

Anyway, I'll have to try that sometime, well thought out.

Not that bi*ch again! UGH!
I have no affinity for her
Anywho, which Uncle Vlad mission,, where he gets capped for good?

I was to try and get a used Xbox 360 last night, the cheaper one sold already so I am hoping today to get it, it's quite the drive across town, and took me hours to find the location, after the guy left. Trying again today!
I hope I can get a system up and running and play my GTA4 all over from scratch on Xbox! hahaha. I don't believe it has a controller though, he's offering no spare parts with it

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 13 2009, 21:41)

Well I said that that way was right and somebody said it was the other way and that they were completely sure. I was almost 100% sure it was the way I had it first but I didnt want to be an asshole and take the whole "I'm right youre wrong" approach. Anyway I've changed it so Thanks for settling that I guess.

Nice work M.O.B., You have a couple of spots on page one. You can copy and paste your chronology into one of them and it`ll be easier for us to locate, plus it`ll just look better there.

Nice to see you`ve left loads of space for DLC2 btween the last half of Niko`s story

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:20 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 25 May 2009 - 12:55 AM.

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ May 14 2009, 18:17)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 13 2009, 21:41)

Nice work M.O.B., You have a couple of spots on page one. You can copy and paste your chronology into one of them and it`ll be easier for us to locate, plus it`ll just look better there.

Nice to see you`ve left loads of space for DLC2 btween the last half of Niko`s story

I will do that yes. Thanks for the suggestion man

EDIT: I'm gonna answer my own question that I posed earlier about Jorge (Liz's bodyguard) I replayed her missions and he only appears in the opening cutscene of "Luck Of The Irish" in GTA IV then he is only mentioned by Elizabetha after that when she say's he "Turned States". It's never explained what happens to him to make him rat on her though nor is it explained why Andreas takes over. All that we know is that it's after Luck of the Irish and before Heavy Toll... Maybe these gaps will be filled in the second episode and this will be explained further.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:34 AM

Minor correction to the list: "Jamaican Heat" is technically a [R] mission (Roman asks you to pick up Little Jacob). I got confused while following along because I'd completed Easy Fare and there was no [LJ] on the map.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 30 2009, 03:34)
Minor correction to the list: "Jamaican Heat" is technically a [R] mission (Roman asks you to pick up Little Jacob). I got confused while following along because I'd completed Easy Fare and there was no [LJ] on the map.

Noted and corrected.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

Since news of The Ballad of Gay Tony was released, I`ve been doing a lot of single player. Doing it made me think about this thread, so I`ve posted what I think is a good way to play what we`ve got from IV so far.

I`ve tried to keep changing episodes to a minimum, and cut ithe story into playable-in-one-go sized chunks that I`ve called `chapters`. The most important thing was getting the story in the correct order, but I`ve also taken Niko`s safehouses into consideration, so that you can end one chapter in a safehouse which is close to the first mission of the next chapter. Some of the mission strands I`ve broken up too, because there is a time that you have to wait for that mission strand to continue. eg. "Truck Hustle" in the middle of Gerry`s missions.

Things could change tho, when TBGT comes out, which I`m now hyped for.

XtremeBurner
  • XtremeBurner

Am I cool yet?

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

What is both worlds?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (XtremeBurner @ May 31 2009, 15:38)
What is both worlds?

One world is Niko`s story, and the other is Johnny`s Story. Look on the first page of this thread to see more. We won`t be able to call it `both worlds` when TBGT comes out - both implies two. How d`you imply three? haha

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

It's good there are different approaches to this. It reminds me of the different ways the Godfather movies are edited: the theatrical edits which alternate between flashbacks and later, and the TV miniseries edits which put events in chronological order with some different scenes.

Looking forward to seeing lists with TBOGT figured in. Could probably start a new topic called POSSIBLE Trinity.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:55 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 31 May 2009 - 05:49 PM.

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 31 2009, 16:09)
It's good there are different approaches to this.  It reminds me of the different ways the Godfather movies are edited:  the theatrical edits which alternate between flashbacks and later, and the TV miniseries edits which put events in chronological order with some different scenes.

Looking forward to seeing lists with TBOGT figured in.  Could probably start a new topic called POSSIBLE Trinity.

...yeah, they might even movi to the BGT forum when that`s released.

There is a point in IV where you could choose to do a mission for eight different characters: Gm, Fm, Dm, X, D, RB, B, and Bc

Edit : just put bernie crane instead of E/M after looking at a save

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

It's good there are different approaches to this. It reminds me of the different ways the Godfather movies are edited: the theatrical edits which alternate between flashbacks and later, and the TV miniseries edits which put events in chronological order with some different scenes.

Looking forward to seeing lists with TBOGT figured in. Could probably start a new topic called POSSIBLE Trinity.

Check this out
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=412539

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:32 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 31 May 2009 - 07:46 PM.

QUOTE (Versityle @ May 31 2009, 19:04)
It's good there are different approaches to this.  It reminds me of the different ways the Godfather movies are edited:  the theatrical edits which alternate between flashbacks and later, and the TV miniseries edits which put events in chronological order with some different scenes.

Looking forward to seeing lists with TBOGT figured in.  Could probably start a new topic called POSSIBLE Trinity.

Check this out
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=412539

Nice point you made about turning points in the game. It`s given me the idea to cange the titles of my chapters, but to cheevos you can get during those chapters. They`re more gameplay related tho, so you can do each chapter in one session and have Niko be in an appropriate safehouse for the start of the next

Hope they have pink for the next one

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

It's gonna be a lot easier to place the missions in chronological order when TBOGT comes out because it'll give us a lot more direction on where to place the missions.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jun 2 2009, 17:58)
It's gonna be a lot easier to place the missions in chronological order when TBOGT comes out because it'll give us a lot more direction on where to place the missions.

Do you think Luis will be part of the Torres Cartel, or the Elizabeta strand will have anything to do with the NDD. I`m still not sure who the couple are in "Shifting Weight" at the start when the deal turns sour.

I`ve been playtesting my playthru for the past couple of days and Brucie`s "Out of the Closet" missions are a pain in the neck because there`s such a long wait between Part 1 and part 2. I`m redoing it to put some missions in between.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Jun 2 2009, 18:44)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Jun 2 2009, 17:58)

Do you think Luis will be part of the Torres Cartel, or the Elizabeta strand will have anything to do with the NDD. I`m still not sure who the couple are in "Shifting Weight" at the start when the deal turns sour.

I`ve been playtesting my playthru for the past couple of days and Brucie`s "Out of the Closet" missions are a pain in the neck because there`s such a long wait between Part 1 and part 2. I`m redoing it to put some missions in between.

It was suggested by somebody that the Hispanic guys at the deal in the Snow Storm are NDD because some of them are wearing the same jacket as Luis. It is also possible that the guys in Luck of the Irish could be the NDD seeing as they are involved in a drug deal and are not Liz's guys.

I'm not really sure about the couple who cross the bridge in Heavy Toll but they could very well have something to do with Luis's Story.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:04 PM Edited by Magic_Al, 03 June 2009 - 11:18 PM.

I opened my story complete saves and went to the Internet cafes made a list of news stories that appear in both IV and TLAD.

Liberty Tree
  • Subway Death (Jim)
  • Steroid Scandal
  • Dragonbrain
  • Goldberg Murder
  • Serial Killer Twist
  • Arson in Broker (Roman's Sorrow)
  • Biker Wars (Jason)
  • Biker Gang (Billy Grey released)
  • Identity Theft
  • Jingoism Act*
  • Body In Humboldt (Platypus captain found dead)
  • A Fare to Remember
*There are two articles with this headline; only the first one in IV appears in TLAD

Weazel News
  • Dragon Death
  • Goldberg Dead
  • Bridge Openings
  • Drugs and Terror
  • Internet Abuse
  • Online Dating
  • Yusuf Amir
  • Jingoism Act
(BAWSAQ Crash and Gay Basher? also appear in both but not in the same order)

PLO
  • Goldberg Dead
  • Tom Goldeberg
  • Jingoism Act
Now a list of which missions unlock which stories would be helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users