Best of Both Worlds...

195 replies to this topic
Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 26 2009, 11:04)
Sorry for the double post but I've updated my list and I'm pretty sure that now its the most accurate it can be. I have also included explainations on why certain missions happen when they do.

I went through the whole of The Lost and Damned checking the internet after every mission and listening to the radio as well as looking carefully at the cutscenes So I'm Pretty Confident about it.

Perhaps Mafioso86 could put it on the first page of this topic so that people see it as the definitive list when they go into this topic rather than going through all the posts. If so that would be great  colgate.gif

Thank you for all the work! One more suggestion to make it more useful, could you go through and label each mission by its map marker? (user posted image for Roman missions, etc.) Then it would be easier to follow the order since you have to start a mission to see its name.

A question about which missions should follow "Roman's Sorrow": when do the buildings first appear burned to Johnny, and might that be earlier than seeing the news article about it? A similar thing to check would be the exploded-or-not status of the Used Auto Parts garage in Bohan ("Rigged to Blow").

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:50 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 September 2009 - 12:12 AM.

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Mar 27 2009, 02:06)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 26 2009, 11:04)
Sorry for the double post but I've updated my list and I'm pretty sure that now its the most accurate it can be. I have also included explainations on why certain missions happen when they do.

I went through the whole of The Lost and Damned checking the internet after every mission and listening to the radio as well as looking carefully at the cutscenes So I'm Pretty Confident about it.

Perhaps Mafioso86 could put it on the first page of this topic so that people see it as the definitive list when they go into this topic rather than going through all the posts. If so that would be great  colgate.gif

Thank you for all the work! One more suggestion to make it more useful, could you go through and label each mission by its map marker? (user posted image for Roman missions, etc.) Then it would be easier to follow the order since you have to start a mission to see its name.

A question about which missions should follow "Roman's Sorrow": when do the buildings first appear burned to Johnny, and might that be earlier than seeing the news article about it? A similar thing to check would be the exploded-or-not status of the Used Auto Parts garage in Bohan ("Rigged to Blow").

Yeah I'll label the missions as who theyre for but for me to check the other things I would have to play all of TLAD again and I don't really feel like doing that. Guess I should have thought of that before confused.gif
Oh well. I think the news story appearing after "It's War" is evidence enough but if somebody could check out the Auto Garage and the Cab Depot that'd be great!

EDIT: I also have to change some missions around because it has come to my attention that you get the phonecall to start "Hostile Negotiation" right after you complete "Photo Shoot".

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Guanxi @ Mar 20 2009, 01:06)
I've just started playing both GTA IV and TLAD in parallel and after a lot of thinking I finally believe I've come up with the best possible way of pacing the stories while taking into account all the prerequisites listed in the guides and I thought i'd share this for anybody interested in playing GTA IV/TLAD in this way:

The Cousins Bellic
It's Your Call
Three's a Crowd
Clean and Serene
First Date
Bleed Out
Easy Fare
Angels In America
Jamaican Heat
Concrete Jungle
Shadow
Liberty City Choppers
Bull In a China Shop
Hung Out to Dry
Clean Getaway
Ivan the Not So Terrible
Uncle Vlad
Bad Cop Drop
Crime and Punishment
Do You Have Protection?
Final Destination
No Love Lost
It's War
Rigged to Blow
The Master and the Molotov
Russian Revolution
Roman's Sorrow
Action/Reaction
Escuela of the Streets
Street Sweeper
Luck of the Irish
Buyer's Market
Blow Your Cover
The Puerto Rican Connection
Politics
Logging On
Search and Delete
Coming Down
Easy As Can Be
Out of the Closet
Off Route
Deconstruction for Beginners
Photo Shoot
Hit the Pipe
Ruff Rider
Undress to Kill
This sh*ts Cursed
The Holland Play
No. 1
Heavy Toll
Call and Collect
Final Interview
Marta Full of Grace
Holland Nights
Lure
The Snow Storm
Shifting Weight
Have a Heart
Wrong Is Right
Portrait of a Killer
End of Chapter
Dust Off
Paper Trail
Bad Standing
Harboring a Grudge
Waste Not Want Knots
Three Leaf Clover
Roman's Holiday
Hostile Negotiation
A Long Way to Fall
Diamonds In the Rough
Taking In the Trash
Meltdown
Museum Piece
Collector's Item
Was It Worth It?
No Way on the Subway
Get Lost
Weekend at Florian's
Late Checkout
Actions Speak Louder than Words
I Need Your Clothes, Yours Boots, and Your Motorcycle
Smackdown
Babysitting
Tunnel of Death
Hating the Haters
Union Drive
Buoy's Ahoy
Bryce's Infernus
Blood Brothers
Undertaker
I'll Take Her
Ransom
She's a Keeper
Diamond's Are a Girls Best Friend
Truck Hustle
Pegorino's Pride
Payback
Catch the Wave
Trespass
To Live and Die In Alderney
Flat Line
Pest Control
Entourage
Dining Out
Liquidize the Assets
That Special Someone
If the Price Is Right
Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
A Revenger's Tragedy
----------------------------
A Dish Served Cold
Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
Out of Commission

First off, good job trying to get a complete list of both storylines together, whch is not easy. (lol, and it saved me the work to do simularl)

The mission "Hit the Pipe" does not open up unless you complete "This sh*ts Cursed", and i can confirm this because i'm at this point now in TLAD.

Also it's in the Brady guide as well, stating the same thing.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:06 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 29 March 2009 - 07:56 PM.

First off, good job trying to get a complete list of both storylines together, whch is not easy. (lol, and it saved me the work to do simularl)

The mission "Hit the Pipe" does not open up unless you complete "This sh*ts Cursed", and i can confirm this because i'm at this point now in TLAD.

Also it's in the Brady guide as well, stating the same thing.

Yeah as I said My list is more accurate man. It's the one above the one you quoted.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 11 2009, 15:36)
I have prepared my own list that I think is more accurate.
Missions from TLAD are in Red and missions from Vanilla are in White. Before each mission is the initial of the person who gives it to you in brackets. They are as follows:

R - Roman •M - Michelle •LJ - Little Jacob •B - Billy •V - Vlad •MF - Mikhail Faustin •J - Jim

DR - Dimitri Raskolov •BK - Brucie Kibbutz •ME - Manny Escuela •E - Elizabeta Torres •S - Stubbs

A - Ashley •FMC - Francis McCreary •ULP - United Liberty Paper •X Playboy X •D Dwayne Forge

PMC - Packie McCreary •RB - Ray Boccino •GMC - Gerry McCreary •DMC - Derrick McCreary

BC - Bernie Crane •PB - Phil Bell •JP - Jimmy Pegorino •G - John Gravelli

I've also put in some explainations in Grey after some of the TLAD Missions to say why I think they occur at that point in Niko's story. And as if that wasn't enough I've also put the Deal missions in Green and the Revenge choices in Yellow just to make it even easier to understand.

So... Here it is:

[R] The Cousins Bellic
[R] It's Your Call
[R] Three's a Crowd
[M] First Date
[R] Bleed Out
[R] Easy Fare
[LJ] Jamaican Heat
[LJ] Concrete Jungle
[LJ] Shadow
[B] Clean and Serene - I just think that TLAD starts a bit in to Nko's Story
[V] Bull In a China Shop
[V] Hung Out to Dry
[V] Clean Getaway
[V] Ivan the Not So Terrible
[B] Angels In America - In the credits we see Johnny and 2 bikers riding by when Uncle Vlad takes place.
[V] Uncle Vlad
[MF] Crime and Punishment
[MF] Do You Have Protection?
[MF] Final Destination
[MF] No Love Lost
[J] Liberty City Choppers - You hear about Jason being killed on the radio during this mission
[MF] Rigged to Blow
[DR]The Master and the Molotov
[BK] Logging On
[J] Bad Cop Drop
[DR] Russian Revolution
[R] Roman's Sorrow
[B] It's War - The story of the Cab Depot and apartment being torched appears on the net after this mission
[ME] Escuela of the Streets
[ME] Street Sweeper
[B] Action/Reaction
[E] Luck of the Irish
[E] Buyer's Market
[E] Blow Your Cover
[ME] The Puerto Rican Connection
[BK] Search and Delete
[BK] Easy As Can Be
[S] Politics
[BK] Out of the Closet
[A] Coming Down
[BK] No. 1
[S] Off Route
[FMC] Call and Collect
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[FMC] Final Interview
[J] Hit the Pipe - The story of Goldberg being killed appears on the net after this mission
[FMC] Holland Nights
[E] Heavy Toll - Happens a day or so before The Snow Storm
[FMC] Lure
[E] The Snow Storm
[E] Marta Full Off Grace - Elizabetha is holding a gun and getting drunk, the way we see her in Have a Heart
[E] Have a Heart
[E] Shifting Weight
[ULP] Wrong Is Right
[ULP] Portrait of a Killer
[ULP] Dust Off
[J] End of Chapter
[ULP] Paper Trail
[X] Deconstruction for Beginners
[X] Photo Shoot
[J] Bad Standing
[D] Ruff Rider
[R] Undress to Kill
[A] Roman's Holiday Mallorie tells you that Roman is missing before The Holland Play
[X/D] The Holland Play
[R] Hostile Negotiation
[PMC] Harboring a Grudge
[PMC] Waste Not Want Knots
[PMC] Three Leaf Clover
[RB] A Long Way to Fall
[RB] Diamonds In the Rough
[RB] Taking In the Trash
[RB] Meltdown
[RB] Collector's Item
[RB] Museum Piece
[RB] Was It Worth It?
[RB] No Way on the Subway
[RB] Weekend at Florian's
[S] Get Lost - A news story about steroids plays before this mission and Late Checkout
[RB] Late Checkout
[GMC] Actions Speak Louder than Words
[GMC] I Need Your Clothes, Yours Boots, and Your Motorcycle
[DMC] Smackdown
[DMC] Babysitting
[DMC] Tunnel of Death
[BC] Hating the Haters
[BC] Union Drive
[BC] Buoy's Ahoy
[BC] Bryce's Infernus
[FMC] Blood Brothers
[PMC] Undertaker
[PB] Truck Hustle
[JP] Pegorino's Pride
[GMC] I'll Take Her
[JP] Payback
[PMC] Ransom
[PB] Catch the Wave
[PB] Trespass
[GMC] She's A Keeper
[PB] To Live and Die In Alderney
[GMC] Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
[JP] Flat Line
[JP] Pest Control
[G] Entourage
[G] Dining Out
[G] Liquidize the Assets
[ULP] That Special Someone
[JP] One Last Thing
[DR] If the Price Is Right / A Dish Served Cold
[R] Mr. & Mrs. Bellic
[LJ] A Revenger's Tragedy / Out of Commission

[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[FMC] Final Interview

So it should be flip flopped:

"Final Interview"
"This sh*t's cursed"

The story of what happened to Goldberg is on the net after doing "This sh*t's cursed", which means Niko must do "Final Interview" first.

I'd just wanted to let you know that.

Great job doing this listing.

Phil

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

The way I have the list is the way it happened for me. This probably means that the point at which things happen is dictated by the order in which you do the missions rather than triggered by the completion on certain missions... Damn.

I guess that's the whole thing f*cked up then. sad.gif

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 4 2009, 19:40)
The way I have the list is the way it happened for me. This probably means that the point at which things happen is dictated by the order in which you do the missions rather than triggered by the completion on certain missions... Damn.

I guess that's the whole thing f*cked up then. sad.gif

Are you sure you checked the net(IV's net) after "This sh*t's cursed"?

If so and you did'nt get that news report, then maybe it's just random on what mission it appears after.

Your list seems pretty much on target(well up to this part, it seems), so don't sweat it.

You did a great job, it's not you're fault if the mission structure is somewhat random.

Hitman19
  • Hitman19

Your Dad.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Mar 6 2009, 22:50)
QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Mar 6 2009, 10:20)
Nice work man, I was going to do the exact same thing but I`m just too lazy.

BTW Gracies pink Felzer is on the driveway during a mission and I can`t remember which one, Aaaargh.  Also there`s skid marks from the peel-out at the beginning of the car chase in the "Payback" mission. They`re outside the diner. Not checked that out tho, I read it on a IV references thread.

I would have done "Get Lost" just before "Pest Control" because of what Stubbsy says in the cutscene, put a mish between "Blood Brothers" and "Undertaker". "Shadow" before "Final Destination".

I`m gonna stop now and post my own version in a bit.

First off... I'm I the only one that doesn't understand what any of this has to do with hannah montana???

Anyways as far as Stubbs talking about Ray getting taken out he says within a month... so I don't really see any need to move "Get Lost" closer to "Pest Control," but there's no reason you couldn't wait until right before "Pest Control" to do "Get Lost" if that's what you wanted to do. As far as between "Blood Brothers" and "Undertaker" My feeling is that they always take place a while later in the story when I play IV... after I feel like all of Johnny's events occur. Ofcourse depending on how you play they could occur more in the middle of IV. The other thing though is that I did my best not to have just one random Johnny mission in between Niko missions... I tried to put a few Johnny missions where possible. In regards to "Shadow" and "Final Destination," I just listed the missions (for the most part) in the order that they were on gta4.net's missions list. One thing I did change was when Niko kills Goldberg and when Elizabeta is arrested; according to their list these occur in reverse order of TLAD (where you hear the story of Niko killing Goldberg on Weasel News long before Elizabeta gets taken down). But for these two missions ("Shadow" and "Final Destination") I don't see any conflict of timeline if you reverse them, and I believe they are both open at the same time.

ur not the only one that doent know what this has to do with hannah montana like wtf ppl

Gomez
  • Gomez

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

when I first played TLAD, after the opening sequence was over, I got on my Hexer and rode around the entire map to just look around and see what was new and different. I drove by the cab depot and the original safehouse and they were both burned out from the beginning of the game.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 4 2009, 22:20)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 4 2009, 19:40)

I guess that's the whole thing f*cked up then.  sad.gif

Are you sure you checked the net(IV's net) after "This sh*t's cursed"?

If so and you did'nt get that news report, then maybe it's just random on what mission it appears after.

Your list seems pretty much on target(well up to this part, it seems), so don't sweat it.

You did a great job, it's not you're fault if the mission structure is somewhat random.

I checked TLAD's net after EVERY mission.. Not IV's if you meant that it appears on the net after that mission in IV then that's pretty obvious since you just killed him don't ya think. I'm not try to put you down but I think its pretty obvious that that would happen.

when I first played TLAD, after the opening sequence was over, I got on my Hexer and rode around the entire map to just look around and see what was new and different. I drove by the cab depot and the original safehouse and they were both burned out from the beginning of the game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

Post Removed

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

[B] Angels In America - In the credits we see Johnny and 2 bikers riding by when Uncle Vlad takes place.
[V] Uncle Vlad

[FMC] Lure
[E] The Snow Storm

In the credits when The Lost are riding while Niko shoots Vlad, I don't see Billy in the group, Johnny is leading. So likely Billy hasn't been released yet and The Lost can be making their way to their Alderny Clubhouse and leave to pick up Billy the next day. So if I'm right, then TLAD does take place after "Uncle Vlad".

I'm not doubting "Heavy Toll" takes place a day before "The Snow Storm" just wanna know how you know that?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:30 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 07 April 2009 - 05:36 PM.

QUOTE (Versityle @ Apr 7 2009, 16:38)
[V] Uncle Vlad

[FMC] Lure
[E] The Snow Storm

In the credits when The Lost are riding while Niko shoots Vlad, I don't see Billy in the group, Johnny is leading. So likely Billy hasn't been released yet and The Lost can be making their way to their Alderny Clubhouse and leave to pick up Billy the next day. So if I'm right, then TLAD does take place after "Uncle Vlad".

I'm not doubting "Heavy Toll" takes place a day before "The Snow Storm" just wanna know how you know that?

That's a valid point. It's just when doing that mission billy took off pretty quick and was tottally out of sight for most of the mission in fact I don't remember seeing him at all it was just me and two or three other bikers then it told me to go back and meet up with the rest of the group beside a tunnel. So that lead me to believe that billy didn't bother persuing the AOD to the end of the chase and just gave up at that tunnel to let you and the others do all the work.

I suppose it works either way though. That was the only indication I could see to show where that mission should occur but then again that is just my take on it and quite it's open to speculation.

And about the Heavy Toll thing.. I just assume elizabetha would take at least a day to negotiate a deal with the buyers of the coke. I said a day or so... That could be two days... could be three... could even be a matter of hours if the deal was arranged previous.

The whole list is just a guideline. People can play the two stories in whatever order they want. That was just the order that worked best for me. Some mission placings are definites though like "Diamonds in the Rough" before "Taking in the Trash" etc. The reasons for these are pretty obvious though.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

How far does the AOD take in "Angels in America", or do they just keep riding until you kill them? I hate asking these questions that I could have answered myself had I not had a Ps3.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Versityle @ Apr 7 2009, 22:13)
How far does the AOD take in "Angels in America", or do they just keep riding until you kill them? I hate asking these questions that I could have answered myself had I not had a Ps3.

They keep going until you stop chasing them as far as I know. I'm not 100% though.

Gomez
  • Gomez

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

I chased them all the way through the Booth Tunnel into Algonquin and killed the last one near the bottom left corner corner of Middle Park. That's what we're talking about, right?

Then you call Billy and tell him they're all dead which I assume is an indication that he did not go on the chase with the rest of the Lost. I think someone questioned that in an above post.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

After the mission "Final Interview" you'll hear over the radio a news flash about a gunfight between a bike gang and an Asian mob. This happens before the mission "Holland Nights".

That gungfight is of course the mission 'This sh*t's cursed".

I'm thinking the structure should be:

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

Now it's possible the news flashes are broadcasted at random..but within a 2 mission time frame, if you know what i'm talking about.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:20 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 08 April 2009 - 10:27 PM.

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 8 2009, 22:05)
After the mission "Final Interview" you'll hear over the radio a news flash about a gunfight between a bike gang and an Asian mob. This happens before the mission "Holland Nights".

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe 
[FMC] Holland Nights

Now it's possible the news flashes are broadcasted at random..but within a 2 mission time frame, if you know what i'm talking about.

I didn't think any TLAD missions were mentioned in GTA IV.
was the report after "Final Interview" in GTA IV or was it in TLAD??

I remember hearing about a shootout between members of an IRISH gang and and an Asian mob which is of course the Mission "Harboring a Grudge" but not not about a Shootout Between A Biker Gang and an Asian mob. Only in TLAD when it says that Lost member Billy Grey was arrested but how do you make out that this is after "Final Interview" (In GTA IV) when it only appears in TLAD.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:08 PM Edited by PhilipO43, 08 April 2009 - 11:38 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 8 2009, 22:20)

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe 
[FMC] Holland Nights

I remember hearing about a shootout between members of an IRISH gang and and an Asian mob which is of course the Mission "Harboring a Grudge" but not not about a Shootout Between A Biker Gang and an Asian mob. Only in TLAD when it says that Lost member Billy Grey was arrested but how do you make out that this is after "Final Interview" (In GTA IV) when it only appears in TLAD.

Yeah, it surprised me as well, but this news flash was indeed in Niko's story(it was the only storyline i played at that time), and occured a short time after the "Final Interview' mission.(before Holland Nights)

And i'm 100% sure the news flash mentioned a biker gang.

Also, i'm not at the mission "Harboring a Grudge" as of yet, so it's impossible i mistook the biker gang for Packie's Irish gang.

I'm playing each storyline in parellel, actually going by your guide.(nice job, btw)

So when i heard this news flash i figured i'd let you know of it.

I think i'll start a new game(both storylines) in the near future, when i'm done with these and keep two saves for each, so i can recheck every newsflash and internet update, and i'll make a journel of how each mission played out with exact news flash and internet quote's.

Later tonight i'll check Niko's internet updates(i saved after Holland Nights) and see if it was mentioned there as well, because i did read at least one clip of a biker club(referring to The Lost), at that point as well. (I'm hoping i see it listed on the Niko's internet, as it would confirm it)

Oh and about how it can happen in Niko's storyline, Rockstar did mention that they were doing parts of TLAD as they were still working on GTA:IV.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 8 2009, 23:08)

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe 
[FMC] Holland Nights

Yeah, it surprised me as well, but it this news flash was in Niko's story after 'The Final Interview' mission.

I'll double check it later tonight to confirm it.

I just looked back over the previous posts and first off you were saying that The Story about Goldberg being killed appears after "This sh*t's Cursed"
Now what your saying is that after "Final Interview" a news story plays about "This sh*t's Cursed" although they each make us both correct.

I have it like:
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[FMC] Final Interview
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

And You have it like:
[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

If the news report about TSC comes on after FI Then that means that TSC happened before FI. This Means that I'm correct.

However if the story of goldberg being killed appears after this sh*t's cursed then that means that TSC happens after FI this means your correct.

But seeing as radio reports are always more delayed than internet reports. Chances are I'm more right. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

And don't get the wrong Idea man I'm not trying to argue with you I just want to have the list as accurate as I can so I kinda want people to point out flaws. Just as long as theyre right. smile.gif

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 8 2009, 23:33)
QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 8 2009, 23:08)

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe 
[FMC] Holland Nights

Yeah, it surprised me as well, but it this news flash was in Niko's story after 'The Final Interview' mission.

I'll double check it later tonight to confirm it.

I just looked back over the previous posts and first off you were saying that The Story about Goldberg being killed appears after "This sh*t's Cursed"
Now what your saying is that after "Final Interview" a news story plays about "This sh*t's Cursed" although they each make us both correct.

I have it like:
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[FMC] Final Interview
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

And You have it like:
[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

If the news report about TSC comes on after FI Then that means that TSC happened before FI. This Means that I'm correct.

However if the story of goldberg being killed appears after this sh*t's cursed then that means that TSC happens after FI this means your correct.

But seeing as radio reports are always more delayed than internet reports. Chances are I'm more right. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

And don't get the wrong Idea man I'm not trying to argue with you I just want to have the list as accurate as I can so I kinda want people to point out flaws. Just as long as theyre right. smile.gif

The points you make are very valid, and this is confusing me here, and tonight i'll be looking over this alot more in depth, because both things indeed happened when i said.

Now, that i'm 100% sure on.

This is exactly how it has played out:

[FMC] Final Interview
(Playing Niko's story, the radio news reports on the Asian-Biker gunfight after FI)
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
(Playing TLAD, the net report on Goldberg getting killed happens occurs after TSC)

So is it possible both F1 and TSC happen at the same time?

It is possible that both events happen at the same time, don't ya think?

One more thing, i think what you listing was great..and thanks(it saved me the work as well..lol), and i would prefer your mission structure to be 100%, believe me.

But after the net report on Goldberg, i was thinking it does not seem right, and now after the radio news on the biker-asian gunfight, i'm really confused here.

The only possibility it seems would be that both events happened at the same time.

And if so it would look like:

[FMC] Final Interview / [B] This sh*t's Cursed {both missions happen at the same time}
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

Or is that too crazy to believe?

lol

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:22 AM

The question is which one started first? Or is that being to nitpicky? If you're planning to play it chronilogically what you should do is do

FI: Part 1
TSC
FI: Part 2

But you guys would know better, I have a Ps3 cryani.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

The points you make are very valid, and this is confusing me here, and tonight i'll be looking over this alot more in depth, because both things indeed happened when i said.

[FMC] Final Interview
(Playing Niko's story, the radio news reports on the Asian-Biker gunfight after FI)
[B] This sh*t's Cursed
(Playing TLAD, the net report on Goldberg getting killed happens occurs after TSC)

One more thing, i think what you listing was great..and thanks(it saved me the work as well..lol), and i would prefer your mission structure to be 100%, believe me.

But after the net report on Goldberg, i was thinking it does not seem right, and now after the radio news on the biker-asian gunfight, i'm really confused here.

The only possibility it seems would be that both events happened at the same time.

[FMC] Final Interview / [B] This sh*t's Cursed {both missions happen at the same time}
[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

lol

I was 95% sure the Goldberg story appears on the net after Hit The pipe in TLAD as I made a point to check the internet after every mission. But since you said you just played it I won't contradict you. It is very possible that both things happen at the same time and if you look at the list I have two versions of the same mission in different places on it. I just placed these on which starts first like Buyers market before Blow your cover because of Johnny being at Liz's house when Niko arrives etc.

What I'll do is leave the order the way it is but delete the explaination. Hows that?

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

[J] Liberty City Choppers - You hear about Jason being killed on the radio during this mission

Don't delete the explanations dude, they're quite helpful for someone such as myself.

I hate to contradict you seeing as I cannot play the game (I'm sure you can guess why) but from guides that I read, "Liberty City Choppers" is available right after "Clean and Serene" therefore you have the option to do LCC before Jason gets killed so how is that news possible. The net is either wrong about the prequesits for LCC or maybe because you played "It's War" before LCC you thought you heard the news after it. I'm not saying I'm right but I am planning to play this game eventually one way or another and these guides are helpful.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

I went through both version's today again and during TLAD(after TSC) i heard a radio report over the radio of Goldberg's killing, and it also was featured as(like i mentioned in a previous reply) the main story on the (game's)internet, as well.

So what has so far happened, was after "Final Inerview"(Niko's story) i got a radio news flash of a gunfight between bikers(not specified) and an Asian mob(from TLAD's TSC mission), and after "This Sh*t's cursed" i got a radio news flash of Goldberg being murdered.(from Niko's FI mission)

So after both missions of FI and TSC, i got reports of the other, and i was still unsure which one came first. lol

But then i found a hint on why i think F1 happened first, as another news flash(radio) mentioned another victim(from the serial killer) being found _and_ it also appears on his webblog, during Niko's story.

However during TLAD, while i got the radio news flash after TSC, the serial killer's blog(and you know his name) had no mention of what he just did.

So this must mean that FI happens before TSC, but these happen in near the same time, and heck, they may be happening on the same day....lol.

So the order must be:

[FMC] Final Interview
[B] This sh*t's Cursed

I went over this many times, and i really believe this is how the order is.

Later guys,

Phil

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:14 PM Edited by PhilipO43, 09 April 2009 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Apr 9 2009, 11:10)

[FMC] Final Interview
[b] This sh*t's Cursed

[J] Hit the Pipe
[FMC] Holland Nights

lol

I was 95% sure the Goldberg story appears on the net after Hit The pipe in TLAD as I made a point to check the internet after every mission. But since you said you just played it I won't contradict you. It is very possible that both things happen at the same time and if you look at the list I have two versions of the same mission in different places on it. I just placed these on which starts first like Buyers market before Blow your cover because of Johnny being at Liz's house when Niko arrives etc.

What I'll do is leave the order the way it is but delete the explaination. Hows that?

Alright, let me say you did a amazing job with your list, and i was using it to pay both in order, and until FI and TSC, it seemed both were dead on right.

But i'm 100% sure the Goldberg update/net report happen after TSC, as i seen it all 3 times when i started up the load game, from that TSC point.

I'm not at "hit the pipe" yet because i'm doing other things instead(ie..reading the blogs to find clues on mission structure and gang wars and bike races), so obviously this proves(for certain) to me, as both the radio flash report and the internet article(of Goldberg's murder) happen right after TSC.

But here's is where i finally think i got it figured out. After TSC's the serial killer's blog is not updated yet on his latest killing, while after FI his blog is updated.

Now maybe if i go back and play it after TSC and do so for say 12hrs or more, with doing no more missions, it will be, who knows?

But after FI, i clearly remember his blog being updated soon after the mission.

So this is why i'm leaning towars FI first and then TSC soon after.

The next time i boot up TLAD i'll give that blog 24-48hrs(in game) to update, just in case.

I'm really believing more and more, the blog updates are a major way of knowing which mission is happening first.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Ok I switched it.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Does the Explosion in Bohan News every appear on radio or net in TLAD???

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Versityle @ Apr 11 2009, 02:52)

From what i remember, both.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Apr 11 2009, 19:52)
QUOTE (Versityle @ Apr 11 2009, 02:52)

From what i remember, both.

Thanks man. I should have also asked when? After what mission in TLAD?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users