Photo

Bump Maps

5 replies to this topic
shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

As we all know..Bump Maps are not natively supported by San Andreas...But thanks to ENB Series and SA GFX..We can have bump maps...My question is if I make a model with bump map textures in sketchup and put it ingame...Will I be able to see the 'BUMP' Effect?(I can't try as my pc can't run ENB and GFX. blush.gif blush.gif )

hristobg
  • hristobg

IV Map Modder, Scholarship Edition Project Leader

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

BUMP !! Please, I want to know that, too! confused.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

Generally if a year passes with no reply, it means "no". However, i don't recall seeing this topic - ever - so i'll elaborate.

ENB calculates the "bump" effect, using the existing textures, but the results are not accurate. The results are bumpy-looking, but not the way they should be. SAGFX requires the model to be re-exported with the "bump" texture (a tangent space normal map) and the results are still wrong, since the vertices don't have binormal or tangent data (and adding that data would require a fair bit of work to the engine, and new exporting tools).

In short, SA will not have accurate, bumpy looking surfaces. Infact, i removed the normal map support in later versions of sagfx.

hristobg
  • hristobg

IV Map Modder, Scholarship Edition Project Leader

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for info, but how about that: ?
Or this is just a texture? confused.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

That is sagfx (video -> upper left corner) tounge.gif
So is this (old pic from 2008);
user posted image

As i said, it's bumpy, but it isn't accurate.

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:07 AM

Generally if a year passes with no reply, it means "no". However, i don't recall seeing this topic - ever - so i'll elaborate.

lol 1 year is a long time.
btw the bump maps although can be useless in GTA SA you can use them in photoshop to give your textures realistic HQ effects wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users