Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

I can't really describe how big my jaggies are :p

You could try searching for some 1:1 uncompressed screen caps of the game and feeding them to your monitor. Also, do you have your Xbox's output set to 1080p? Since your monitor's that resolution, the image is going to have to be upscaled. If you feed your monitor a 720p picture, it's going to have to upscale it using its own engine, which could be good or crappy, depending on the monitor. The Xbox has its own hardware based scaler which is actually quite good, so it should give you the best picture (it softens up the jaggies a little bit). That being said, I don't use it, because my capture card is more likely to drop frames if I feed it a 1080p signal. But yeah, try it either way.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hey toke. I have an idea I would like to propose to you. I shall send you a PM with details shortly.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well are they seriously noticeable? One of the first things I noticed after launching it up.

I currently have it set to 1080p on the Xbox I think. I might try some different combos though. Does the reference level setting affect it?

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

No, it shouldn't. The reference level dictates the scaling of your contrast. If you don't have it set right, your game will either look a bit "misty" (whites not entirely white and blacks not entirely black), or it will have too much contrast, with light areas being too bright and dark being too dark, preventing you from seeing what you should. What you should have it on depends on your monitor/display.

The jaggies are there, but it's to be expected from a game running on hardware this old. Maybe you've been playing too much PC? According to Digital Foundry, the game looks very close to Max Payne 3, so if you still have your 360 copy, try a comparison. Or check out their screenshots.

GlitzyTomb, our private forums are down right now, so we can't vote (we're also a bit pre-occupied ;)), but I can assure you that you make a good chance of being accpeted, so I'd advice to stick around. We probably won't play much multiplayer until GTAO launches anyway.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thought you might like this Dylan.

-----

I'll talk GTA V later, gotta go...

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

My opinion of the game......

albundy_shock.gif

Ahhh, video game vinegar strokes :D

I played 8 hours straight when i got it and then slept for two hours and then have played it since then and that was 10 am... which is another 7 hours. Holy sh*t balls this game is awesome. Its like IV, RDR, and MP3 were all tests leading up to V. It combined the best of each game and added more than anything i've seen before. I'm anointing it my GOTY.... no wait. Game of this Generation. Yes. Thats it. Every mission has been exciting and fresh and the physics... OMG dont get me started on the physics. That sh*t literally had my pants soaked with the white sticky stuff the first time i rolled my car.

Michael and Franklin are my favorite characters. I'm not a fan of Trevors over the top brashness and antics. Just gets a bit stale to me.

Also Beep and Freckles, on the stock market you were right. the BAWSAQ is across the Social Club. and LCN is local only. In other words what everyone does influences the BAWSAQ where as only sh*t you do influences the LCN. Supposedly the best thing to invest in on the BAWSAQ is weapons manufacturers and popular car brands. At this point though i'm sure both options are going to be expensive buys with very little return. i'd suggest not getting any until R* fixes the Social Club aspect be cause its been disabled i believe.

But yeah keep an eye and ear open for any hints about companies and their stocks. Also btw you can influence the stocks yourself by buying cheap stocks in a company and destroying a rival companies stuff. 

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Private forums down for anyone?

*Runs back to V*

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

This is what is says to me:

Server Maintenance...

Changes: Server Maintenance

I wonder what it could be. :p

It's funny, I think Rockstar has been looking at mods made for the PC version to see what people want. For example, the visuals. There's a lot more contrast (maybe a bit too much for my taste, but I might have to fiddle with my TV's settings a bit), cars are shinier and there's more bright colors.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

This is what is says to me:

Server Maintenance...

Changes: Server Maintenance

I wonder what it could be. :p

It's funny, I think Rockstar has been looking at mods made for the PC version to see what people want. For example, the visuals. There's a lot more contrast (maybe a bit too much for my taste, but I might have to fiddle with my TV's settings a bit), cars are shinier and there's more bright colors.

There are also all the cars spawning regularly and not like GTA IV where you needed like a sports car to spawn an comet.

The only vehicle I haven't seen is an infernus. Spelling is wrong. :p

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 18 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Cheers for using spoiler tags gents. :^: I avoided the black like my grand-daddy always told me to. :p

So im going to start with what everybody knows...... THIS GAME IS F*CKING AMAZING!!!!!!

I've only done 3 missions and a "freak" encounter, The prolouge is so insane I had to play it with my bong in my mouth the entire time. I hope everybody payed attention to every detail because I have a feeling that prolouge is going to lead into some Breaking Bad type sh*t.  :monocle:

When I was finally let loose on the city as Franklin, literally the first thing I did was sit on his couch and blaze a dube. :cool: I love how theres effects to the screen and you hear Franklin's thoughts "this sh*t is weak as hell, everything is weak as hell. But not me, I'm strong!" :lol: So after getting high I went for a stroll and found a ladder, climbed it and proceeded to do parkour. Only I wasn't expecting the new ragdoll physics to be so "ragdolly", so I immediatly fell to my first death. I then tried interacting with peds across the street from Franklin's house, but they became hostile and I started a street fight and because I didn't know the melee controls I just button mashed and elbowed an un-suspecting, non-hostile woman. :pp Then I was brutally beaten to my 2nd death. Next I decided to go with my original idea and just drive around, so I stole my first car, which I noticed was sitting in a handi-capped parking spot so I both laughed and cried at the same time. :lol: I then drove around for about 10 minutes listening to "Glamorous by Fergie ft. Ludacris" which turned out to be an awsome song for describing GTA V. It wasn't long before my driving skills took a turn for the worse and I was noticed by the LSPD and engaged in my first police chase.... R* wasn't joking when they said the LSPD are better than Liberty City's finest. :blink: I was both surprised and excited by how fast they took me out, (3rd death). I was excited because 16vLSPD is going to be hella fun. :D

After all that I went to go do another mission but was distracted after discovering how to slide across a hood of a car Dukes of Hazzard style, I did it for like 20 minutes. :pp I then realized it was 4am and decided to go to sleep so I could enjoy the masterpiece that is GTA V with a non-tired and clear head, (I'm still getting high).

HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS - BOB SEGER!!!!!!!

I called it! :cool:

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Im at 52.7% with only doing the main missions. Gonna take a break from them and do some other things.

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I love how there's so many ladders everywhere! I've only really inspected one fire escape, but it was down and climbable, unlike 99% of the fire escapes in Liberty City (personal gripe of mine, sure it's more realistic to have them up, but sometimes gameplay is more important than realism).

I'm taking it slow. I only just "unlocked" Micheal. Robbed a couple of stores though. :)

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by MistuhDoughnutty, 18 September 2013 - 03:46 PM.

HOLY sh*t. You guys remember my fetish for Futo's, right? I FOUND ONE. 

Never realised it was classed as a sports. 

Edeet: I just upgraded it, and... Oh my. Oh. My. This thing is retardedly nippy. I LAV IT. 

I even got orange tire smoke. HOW COOL IS THAT? :D

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Where abouts did you find it. I've not seen one yet.

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Where abouts did you find it. I've not seen one yet.

Found it up along er... One of the highways leading up to the sticks. I also saw one pottering around downtown vinewood as it merges into Blaine in the hills. Pretty much drive along the highway in the grand Senora Desert, that leads to Sandy Shores, 

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by Guns N R0se, 18 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Only car I've upgraded so far is the Porche. I have a broken Trans Am in Trevor's garage I'm meaning to work on (Just like a  real redneck rural american!)

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Porche... Trans Am...

#KingRage

Anyone having problems with missions that require you to take pictures? I am stuck on a side mission because it can't connect to the Social Club which is what it does automatically when I select the Snapmatic app to take the picture. 

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

High Roller

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by gamesguru, 18 September 2013 - 08:39 PM.

King, I had a main mission where I had to take a picture and just like you it wouldn't connect to the Social Club, but I was able to cancel it (I think with either up on the D-Pad or B) and it allowed me to take the pictures anyway. I don't know if it's different for that particular side quest though. I wanted to take a picture of a part of a shark made with sand on the beach, but it wouldn't let me. It would be cool if they changed the 'sand castle' every few days, to give you reason to go and check it out.

More game features detailed:

So I found out today how in depth the customisation for vehicles really is. All the way down to the comedic horns. I found a Romero hearse and decided to see if I could tune it up, and sure enough you can. I ended up driving around in a pink Romero to the sounds of California Soul. Was epic. I tried a tractor, but the game was like "nah". I only did a few missions today, and spent the rest of my time screwing around. Again, the little tweaks they've made are great. Like walking up a hill too steep making you take a few steps back, as well as walking down that same hill, gaining momentum and then loosing your footing. I also noticed, with Franklin at least, the animation is slightly different in the regular and high class barber shops. In the former Franklin just nods his head, but in the latter he will give a slight acknowledging wave. It's crazy that they would add in things so minor like that. Another one is the hard shoulders on roads and grates on bridges making rumbling noises as you drive over them.

I like how you can throw sticky bombs in the car like a projectile now. I'm assuming the same can be said for grenades? You can also shoot a Pump Shotgun from a bike, but I don't know about the other ones. I didn't actually try it, but it allowed me to switch through it on the quick cycle menu using the "X" button, but I was then distracted by a parked Feltzer. I drove one earlier and loved it, so I decided to steal another one.

What royal pissed me off though, was when I was playing fetch with Chop, the cops began chasing after me because I threw the ball. Some cops were up the road were I was headed, having a shootout, so I waited it out and continued to play fetch with Chop after. I guess the game registers it as a weapon, or at least the aiming part of it is. I didn't do anything else to annoy them, so that must have been it. Which is a little silly. Next time I'm just going to throw the ball at the cops. I went full out rampage-mode because of it, and saw Chop take down a few guys for the first time. I also died at the hands of Rottweiler as Trevor. I took down two guys fishing and their dog across the street came pelting at me and grabbed my leg and I was done for. Another stupid thing that happened was when I decide to start a fight with all the Bodybuilders at Vespucci Beach, and I got my head knocked off in no time. Obviously I did the cowardly thing and shot them all like a sore loser.

I played about another 6hrs today. I'm going to play more on Sunday probably.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 18 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.

HOLY SWEET FLYING F*CK BOYS! HE'S BACK!

*Epic random encounter spoiler, if you haven't played the random encounter, presumably as Franklin, that epically references GTA IV then don't read.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'll probably never experience that again since R* says theres 250+ random encounters, but I needed to tell people! So much for no major IV characters returning, you can't bullsh*t a bullsh**tter Rockstar! :sly:

Shaquille O'Seal
  • Shaquille O'Seal

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Kinko., 18 September 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Speaking of things from IV returning... [MINOR HOUSING SPOILER]

There's

Spoiler
Not happy that the AoD are yet to be seen.

WELP, MINOR CODING ERROR.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Kinko I heard AoD mentioned on the radio.

Right now I'm working my way to the top of the Mile High Club to see if there is anything there. It's taking awhile...

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

High Roller

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

In regards to our private forums being offline:

http://if.invisionfr...opic/5175627/1/

We're performing unscheduled maintenance on this machine. I'll keep everyone updated until it has returned to normal operation.

We're still in process on the maintenance. Our server provider is currently replacing a defective hard drive, after which we'll be performing additional software maintenance.

While we don't have a hard time frame for the server to be up and running, we currently expect it to be completed in a 1-4 hour window.

I'll keep this topic updated as we have more info.

3:55pm Update: It's been a little under 2 hours since my last update. We've been informed that the hard drive was successfully replaced. We're working on rebuilding the database and then it's on to software maintenance. Thanks for everyone's continued patience.

7:55 update : we've been working non-stop to restore access to the boards affected. We're making progress but we're running some processes that simply take time. We're sorry this has taken longer than originally expected. We hope to have everyone back up ASAP.

11:55 update: I want to provide more info on what's currently going on. The server that runs communities on s6 and s10 suffered a catastrophic failure that necessitated an emergency replacement yesterday. Since that time we've been working on rebuilding the server from backups and restoring data lost in the failure. We're still progressing with this work, and while it is taking longer than expected, we plan to be able to bring the server back on line with minimal data loss. We want to thank everyone affected for their patience.

Brandon does expect some boards to have a few quirks such as topics with no posts inside them for example, but he has said he will be on hand to step in and repair anything like that which gets reported to him wherever possible.

Hopefully we only loose a few posts at most/from the past few days.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

If my recipe is gone.  I am gonna be slightly pissed off because that sh*t took about an hour or so to write.

GTA is sick yo.

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by Booze T, 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Kinko I heard AoD mentioned on the radio.

They were talking about the feud back in LC I think. I'd say there's a high chance they're in there, unless Rockstar thought that there wasn't enough room for two biker gangs, but that seems unlikely to me with such a huge map. I don't really mind too much either way, as it looks like we'll be able to mod our clothes and vehicles with the crew emblem anyway, so we can make anything AoD. :)

Edit: yeah the game is awesome. But I'm missing a good

Spoiler
radio station. The only thing that slightly resembles
Spoiler
the most on
Spoiler
I've heard so far is
Spoiler
That's saying something. :v: I haven't really listened to that
Spoiler
station, but presumably that's mostly
Spoiler
, right?

Spoiler tags out the ass. :bored:

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well.. Main Story complete. Now to do all the rest.. The music on the credits is like perfect.

That's all I shall say.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I love how there's so many ladders everywhere! I've only really inspected one fire escape, but it was down and climbable, unlike 99% of the fire escapes in Liberty City (personal gripe of mine, sure it's more realistic to have them up, but sometimes gameplay is more important than realism).

I'm taking it slow. I only just "unlocked" Micheal. Robbed a couple of stores though. :)

How do you rob stores at random? I've not worked out how to do it yet. :(

Booze
  • Booze

INFJ

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Booze T, 18 September 2013 - 10:44 PM.

I don't think you can rob all stores. The only ones I've robbed so far were gas stations and convenience stores. I've gone into barbers and clothing stores and I couldn't rob either.

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm thinking there wont be the Angels of Death in this. It's a slim chance, anyway. Not enough of a stint for them to do anything in LS. 

Anyway, King, I decided to try hitting Mount Chilliad with a uh... sh*t. Forgot what the Ute was called but, it looked like (Yes, I know) what Marty McFly drove at the end of Back to the Future 2(?) I think. The black ford. Anywho, it ended with me hitting the top relatively easily, had a little slip when I was turning around and proceeded to roll about seventy times. I WOULD NOT STOP f*ckING ROLLING. 

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Update of my last post:

I re-loaded my file and found him again at same location. It's 2 blocks south east of Franklin's 1st safehouse. It's a strip mall and their right in front of an un-enterable store called "Dollar Pills". Everybody should check it out! :^:

If you do it correctly and don't piss him off (don't ask), you'll be able to hire him for hiest missions. F*CK YES! :cool:

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by GTAking33, 19 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Update of my last post:

I re-loaded my file and found him again at same location. It's 2 blocks south east of Franklin's 1st safehouse. It's a strip mall and their right in front of an un-enterable store called "Dollar Pills". Everybody should check it out! :^:

If you do it correctly and don't piss him off (don't ask), you'll be able to hire him for hiest missions. F*CK YES! :cool:

Just did it! I told you this would happen!

If you don't want to watch this video. Then please at least skip to the end. You will love it. No spoilers in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users