Quantcast

» «
Photo

=A= Angels Of Death MC

Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
49,548 replies to this topic
LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I think I know who you mean Fireplace.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by gamesguru, 17 September 2013 - 09:44 PM.

I detail some gameplay mechanics, some minor features and whatnot below in this post, so if you don't want to know about 'em - don't read.

Holy sh*t-tits, this game is phenominal. I can't believe how much they've refined this game, it feels so different to IV, but in a very good way. It's just the small little things, like being able to just climb a ladder in one motion, a shooter in a police helicopter swapping sides to shoot you if their buddy dies, so on and so forth. There's been so many things that have put a little grin on my face, but there's so much to soak up it's hard to remember everything.

Lord is the city amazing. The lighting is impecible in contrast to IV. So lifelike, the ambience is incredible. I was walking down a road in Vinewood and one of the car alarms just started going off and then in the distant ambience I could here another going off as well. There's just so many cute details that scream vintage Rockstar. They've really outdone themselves. I wouldn't have bothered posting and just kept playing this beast of game, driving around and screwing about, but I made a really cool discovery that I had to share with you guys... those little delivery trucks, I forget what they're called (that have the adverts on the side and stuff, and have the smaller two-seat cabin like front), you can stand on them and not fall off. I shot it so it would start driving haphazardly and then I got the attention of the cops, and I was still firmly placed on the truck cabin-roof without budging. I eventually was budged off (no Euphoria) when it took a hard turn onto the highway at an even faster speed. So this is definitley something to mess with and even try out with buddies online (tag team shootouts/duels with shooters on the roof anyone?).

The sound in this game is infinitly better. From the new touches, like the engine cooling down, to the aformentioned ambience. Collisions, music blaring out of houses, cars speeding, etc, etc. I'm loving the radios so far. A few duds on Radio Los Santos, but so far so good. Admittedly I love the Non-Stop Pop station. So many great 00's smashes from when I was growing up. I was just pelting it through the streets to Rihanna's "We Found Love", don't you judge me. Oh, and the original score is really suprising me. That 80's dark synth vibe is littered throughout. I loved the score on one mission with Franklin where he was with two others about to meet a Ballas member and things kicked off, and then there was this G-Funk synth that kicked in with some horns over the top, sh*t was sick. Here's a few other things, from what I remember, that I've done/seen:

- Pushed an exercise ball in Micheal's house out onto the streets, trying to kick it into people. I've had no succsess yet, as it's difficult to aim up the kick.

- Side quests with Micheal: raced a jogger, and in order to beat her I litteraly ran to the point I almost died and I collapsed right at the finish line. Another side mission was when Michael approached a pro-Maruijana guy and GAMEPLAY SPOILER AHEAD, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Spoiler

- Chop got run over as he was getting in the car, and his body got sent flying, and I thought he had died. The welp really mad me cringe. He got back up though and then the driver hit him again, so I seeked vengance. Albiet, he ran me over as well for good messure, but then I put him to pasture finally. I was so mad. Ain't nobody f*cking with chop.

- You know those guys you see painted up as statues and stand still for money? Well, there were a bunch of people gathered around one, so I ran up and snuffed that dude out cold, took the money and ran. I was laughing for a good few minutes at just how spontaniously voilent it was. Yes, you can knock out people real easy now.

- Escaping the cops: by going into a parking garage, swapping cars and driving back out. Another one was hiding in an alleyway, but they saw me again, so I jumped on a bungalow roof, jumped over a fence from it and ditched them that way. I also walked out a barber near the begging of the game and cops pulled over some gangsters and and a shootout ensued. What was funny is that only one officer was left in the aftermath and as I walked up to him, he just put his arms out and starting doing a "what happened here, I don't know" animation.

- I didn't like that you could only scroll through radio stations one way, but I find out if you hold down left on the d-pad, it will bring up a wheel like the weapon one and you can select a station that way. Another hot-tip for you guys.

- Swapping to Micheal once he takes a taxi home mid-mission (as Franklin) and swapping to him later to see him getting out of the taxi. I noticed that when Iwas at Micheal's house as Franklin, I couldn't swap to Michael. I couldn't even bring up the character wheel. So it looks like Rockstar has prevented us from switching to characters when we're at their homes/stomping grounds. Would need to test it out futher though.

- I really like how the script/conversations can change depending on what order you do missions/what you do during missions/etc. ONLY READ THIS ONCE YOU'VE GOT TO THE PART WHERE YOU STEAL A BIKE FOR THE DEALRSHIP GUY AS FRANKLIN AND FINISHED IT

Spoiler
. Another example of this is during the first heist ONLY READ THIS BIT ONCE YOU'VE DONE THE FIRST HEIST
Spoiler

The script is really well written and the acting is top notch. So, so, so much more. I'm going to be ignoring posts in here for the most part, because I know I want to find out every little tidbit for myself. Well, as much as I can. Alright guys, I'm plugging back into the matrix, chow.

Calhole
  • Calhole

Ready to Start.

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Admittedly I love the Non-Stop Pop station. So many great 00's smashes from when I was growing up. I was just pelting it through the streets to Rihanna's "We Found Love", don't you judge me.

.... Agreed. I have like two hours playtime and must have listened to 'Only girl in the world' like 10 times.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Well.. I have called it a day for today. 28.8% completed. And well, bloody awesome. Love it, everything is just awesome.

The only problem I have found is that if your scoped in with a sniper and someone joins/leaves your XBL party for some reason it zooms you out.

SlitherJR
  • SlitherJR

Cocaine is God's way of saying your making too much money.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

These flying lessons are so strenuous. Love just choosing which player to be at any time. At one point I've gone to Trevor and he's spend half the money I've accumulated for him in some strip club getting a lap dance!

Also anybody seen any sharks under water yet?

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Also anybody seen any sharks under water yet?

Not yet only been underwater a few times.

Also, ran into a GTA IV character in a random encounter. Was nice.

ViceVersa
  • ViceVersa

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am in love with the game and I have not even had it for an hour yet!

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

I am in love with the game and I have not even had it for an hour yet!

I don't know if I can leave it alone like I wanted too.. Feel like firing it up again.. Eh.. What do I do?

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by gamesguru, 17 September 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Just did Trevor's first mission! Holy cheeze balls. Over 6hrs in of playing missions and screwing around. I'm gonna call it a night. Tommorow we start all over again!

By the way LeRay, I'd consider that a spoiler... IMO. Would be nice to discover secrets like that on our own. This is why I won't be reading many posts. Well not any now. Sad face.

Sure enough, a lot of YouTube'rs I'm subscribed to are doing playthroughs of this, but I can avoid that. I had to unsubsubscribe to one guy though, as he was making short videos for all mini-games, features, etc, and had thumbnails of gameplay. I've stopped watching his stuff for the most part anyway, so eh.

Anyone else having issues with the Social Club (don't know if it has been posted). When I go into the Gallery on the pause menu, it says "Online service is disabled on your account", but I don't know if that's because the Social Club is being throttled (it doesn't load 9/10) or if it's because of some sort of privacy setting I turned on (like I said, you can't even load the SC, so I can't check). The private forums are down for maintenance as well.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

By the way LeRay, I'd consider that a spoiler... IMO. Would be nice to discover secrets like that on our own. This is why I won't be reading many posts. Well not any now. Sad face.

That isn't a spoiler at all. I could have said who it was but I didn't. That would have been the spoiler.

SlitherJR
  • SlitherJR

Cocaine is God's way of saying your making too much money.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Also is anyone really customising the characters other than clothes?

I'm not sure whether to leave there hair, beards, tattoos etc. how they are:S

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I've not done any of that. Just been playing. Did a car up though as much as I could.

ViceVersa
  • ViceVersa

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Thought about it but haven't change anything yet, maybe later so I can make Franklin a real gang member! :)

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

The first mission (after the prologue) was a bit hard. I was so used to IV's driving, I kept crashing. I'm still having trouble, but I'm slowly getting used to it. It feels stiffer than IV.

You mean looser... It aint stiffer.

I remember being able to drift/skid all around in IV. Now the cars stick to the road and go where you turn them. I haven't really skid in a turn unless I tapped the brake, even then I was able to get back in control easier.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

The first mission (after the prologue) was a bit hard. I was so used to IV's driving, I kept crashing. I'm still having trouble, but I'm slowly getting used to it. It feels stiffer than IV.

You mean looser... It aint stiffer.

I remember being able to drift/skid all around in IV. Now the cars stick to the road and go where you turn them. I haven't really skid in a turn unless I tapped the brake, even then I was able to get back in control easier.

I can skid and drift easy as pie. Maybe it's because the skill changes the handling when you get it up.

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Booze T, 17 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Guru, I think Social Club is melting because pretty much everyone with an Xbox/PS3 and taste ( :p) is playing this game.

I've only played as Franklin so far and I just had my first real "f*cking hell, this is awesome!" moments. I was just exploring a little bit at night on the beach and I found a jetski. Decided to drive it along the beach and the waves were just.. wow. And that was in pitch black dark. Suddenly a big-ass plane passed over me and I realised I was right next to the airport. So I drove the jetski up the beach and entered it. Instant 3 star wanted level, but music faded in, like it was scripted. I just ran for the nearest plane, which happened to be a little seaplane. Managed to lift off before the police could really touch me. Then I flew over the city, at night with all the lights... Damn. The music was still going btw, so this was just an orgy to the senses. However, the plane was too slow to shake the police helicopter that was on my tail. I thought what the hell, and attempted a looping. I just pulled it off and managed to escape the police helicopter, too! The plane was pretty shot up though, so I decided to try to land it on the nearest body of water, which happened to be the harbor. I thought I did pretty well, but the plane went under anyway. And that was pretty much the first time I was underwater properly. Climbed out of the plane, swam around a bit, amazed by how it looks and then swam up.

After a first couple of unpleasantries, with which I'm not going to bore you, I am now reassured that this game will probably meet expectations. Can't wait to resume playing tomorrow!

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

People still having problems with driving? I loved it from the start. But still, I'm now honing my skills in ready for when Online comes out on the first. I've been doing quite a few flying missions, too. The shooting is fine, well... As fine as I can get when you're shooting at targets that don't shoot back. I've got Gold on all the range tasks. SO f*ck Y'ALL. 

In any case, the only problem I'm having is driving off-road. I'm perfect for mapping where to go, and seeing as though I've had perfect practice on the car in air control ability with Saints Row, that's fine too. It's just when I'm going too quick and there's a slightly larger bump (Or other object that comes out of nowhere) I'll instantly lose it. But other than that, I'm trying my best to ace all possible activities that will come into use for the gang when online is... well, online. c:

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by gamesguru, 18 September 2013 - 12:01 AM.

I love the handling and driving in this game. I was in the group of people who were sceptical, after loving the handling in IV, but I was pleaselantly surprised at how satisfying it is. The sense of speed and with what seems like an imporvement on traffic density, the sense of sprawl that comes with weaving in and out of dozens of cars at high speed during chases. I have the bad habit of using Franklin's special ability and still using the brake to accomidate my speed/to avoid crashing, which ultimately leads to the car coming to a halt.

The improvement on the sound also helps. Crashing cars is so much more satisfying because of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in IV, you didn't get that sound of wind as you rushed past cars at speed, but regardless, with the speed of driving in this game, it's just another neat layer that adds to it all. I actually crashed at one point, got sent flying out of the windsheild, and the car I hit actually lost a wheel, not just a tire, an entire wheel. I was even able to still drive it, as the brake just scrapped along the floor. Took me back to when you could glitch into blown up cars in III.

Speeking of the physics though, I haven't really had a chance to really to test it out, but one thing I'm on the fence about, is when you jump out of a moving car. I understand why they've towned it down, as opposed flying halfway across the city like you did some times in IV (although when I flew out of the windsheild in the previousley mentioned incident I almost reached the moon, crickey), but it didn't seem like there was much impact. You sort of just glide across the floor. I've only done this a few times though, so I'll need to test it out. I like that the characters put their arms up in front of their torso and face as protection though.

Also LeRay, I consider that a pretty notable spoiler to be honest. I'd rather not know 'that' happens in a random encounter at all, because imagine what a great surprise that would be finding that our for yourself, especially after the information leading up to the release made us believe otherwise. I don't know, maybe that's just me. What about you guys? Maybe I'm being anal about it, but THIS IS GOD DAMN GTA V we're talking about here, people's livelyhoods are at stake. Lord forbid I read any of the previous posts. With that I'm out, can't take any more risks. At least it wasn't a plot spoiler. Always look on the bright side and all that jazz.

Gonna enjoy waking up to this tommorow. I've got a hard-on just thinking about it.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by Toke, 18 September 2013 - 12:24 AM.

Words themselves cannot convey the pure and utter awesomeness of this game. 

I spent literally two hours just picking fights with every fat black chick I could find outside of Franklin's house.

Spoiler

So far I've just completed Trevor's first mission.

Spoiler

Tomorrow I plan on doing some hunting and finally get in a plane which I haven't done yet, hell I haven't even been down to the airport yet.

Edit-

@Capture Card Holders-You lot should consider putting up livestreams or at the very least some game play vids up on Youtube. 

Also if anyone has yet to notice our new and improved logo has been put on the first page.  Much thanks to the ever talented Guru for his hard work and expertise.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by gamesguru, 18 September 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Words themselves cannot convey the pure and utter awesomeness of this game. 

I spent literally two hours just picking fights with every fat black chick I could find outside of Franklin's house.

Spoiler

Well the prompt for

Spoiler
. Which I thought was pretty funny.

Okay, okay, I said I was going. I'm going. I'm just excited, is all. Can't wait to play some of Trevor's missions and explore a bit of the country tomorrow.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Well it was either take the time to learn that one or a bullet.  A bullet was far cheaper. lol

Loving the Social Club right now, sure it's slow as hell but its awesome!

0_0.jpg

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

If we're all sharing our favorite moments so far I'll share a few of mine:

This one was free roaming with Franklin,I decided to play fetch with Chop and after throwing the ball in the yard a couple times I decided to throw it across the street and watch him run and get it,

Spoiler

Another time I was with Franklin again and I got a wanted level right outside the safe house

Spoiler
Cops were shooting everywhere, and Franklin's aunt freaked out and ran outside.
Spoiler

Now here's one with Michael. I went on a mission with Jimmy and we

Spoiler
I went to jump in the water, but I jumped to early, physics took over, and he screamed and hit the water like a sack of bricks (as opposed to a nice dive).

I tried to not spoil anything while still giving enough info to warn as to what's coming up. Sorry if I didn't do a good enough job.

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Oh God. Oh Christ I laughed. 

"I reloaded a save and didn't do that again." XD Hahaha!

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Let me start by saying the obvious. V is so f*cking awesome.

One of the first things I found out was that you can get the back door of a Mule to open then climb inside of it and shoot out the back as the pedestrian drives.

One of my first adventures was to get to the top of Mount Chilliad and I failed horribly the first time. After I played the story some and screwed around a lot I stumbled upon a Sandking SWB and knew in my heart that this would be the truck me and Trevor would use to reach the peak of Mout Chilliad. So I jacked it and headed for LS Customs. Gave it all the necessary off-road modifications and set my waypoint for Chilliad (shut up!). It was still no easy task even with a souped up ride but I did it. Pics or it didn't happen you say?

PDNHI6K.jpg

Yeah, I got a crown on my shirt. It's 'cause I'm the king!

Calhole
  • Calhole

Ready to Start.

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

So far I've just completed Trevor's first mission.

Spoiler

Well, you were saying just a few days ago 

Spoiler

Also, I still can't use the camera, it gives me some Rockstar social error bullsh*t every time. Anyone have any ideas?

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Dude I'm loving this game! I realised something cool. I ended up modifying the f*ck outta the bike with the bags on the side... Yeah keeping it vague. But I mean I took the bags off, swapped up the engine, took the faring off, changed the lights, made it black, changed the wheels and changed the entire frame. So now it looks like a super gnarly old school stripped down chopper. Chrome and black. Classic. Still, got me thinking how we'll probably all have our own very unique bikes and sh*t on GTAO. I think a bio overhaul is going to be due soon.

As you've said Guru it's all the little details both in the visuals and the audio that make this game a real f*cking treat.

So you wanna hear my little GTA V first time story? Well, I worked for about 2 hours in the morning, then had the pleasure to be subjected to some more Transport For London bullsh*t, so I didn't get home until about 11am. Then I plugged in my Turtle Beaches, put in the install disk and turned the power on. Then I got a strange thing happen. The console made this really loud buzzzz sound. Then turned itself off. I unplugged it and tried again. Lord behold 1 Red Ring. I sh*t you not, the universe just had to toy with me that little bit more haha! Luckily it fixed itself... For now. But yeah, I have to say for those few minutes I was genuinely concerned.

Also, for anyone who's done Trevor's First Mission -
Spoiler

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

On that note Diggdy, Digital Foundry's Face Off was released yesterday (yeah, I'm not linking it because the bottom line is that both versions are near-identical, both with little advantages and disadvantages, but we've already decided our platform anyway, so there's not point). There's one interesting thing that came out of it. Maybe you've read that it's best to not install the Play disc? This is to optimize bandwidth, because assets can be streamed in using two sources that way: the HDD and the optical disc drive (this doesn't work for every game btw, the engine has to be optimized for it and V's is). I always install everything to the HDD to save my disc drive, so I had mixed feelings about this. As it turns out: you can use a USB flash drive for the second source. That's what I'm going to do now, because I really don't feel comfortable playing from disc.

Social Club is heaps faster now, probably because it's morning in Europe and late night in the US.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hmm, alright then. I haven't installed it yet but I might do the flash drive option. Is 1 red ring a disk drive problem?

Oh and is anyone getting screen tearing and quite jagged lines? I think I have my Xbox display settings wrong, or my monitors resolution is too high. But I just want to check. I was gonna do it yesterday but I couldn't bring myself to break away from the game.

My Internet is still down so no social club for me yet anyway :(
Also means I can't use the ifruit app.

I might take another run at it tonight, but the gist of the problem is that someone has reset the main router and its giving me an error message saying that there's no DSL connection. Anyone particularly savvi with this sh*t?

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

No, not really. We have shared internet here as well and it sometimes goes out too. What I usually do is turn off the whole chain in order of proximity: first my own switch, then the shared switch, then the main modem/router. I wait 30 seconds, then turn everything on in reverse order (so starting with the modem), while I wait at least 10 seconds in-between.

I haven't noticed any screen tearing. Yeah I see jaggies, but those are unavoidable if you're playing a 720p game on a big screen. I don't know if your jaggies are worse than you should expect though.

Toke, I'm not going to upload random gameplay. EVERYONE has this game, so I don't really see the point. However, I am recording everything I do, to catch unexpected things, so I might upload those if they occur.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

How big are yo jaggies, boy? Mine are kind distracting. My monitor is only 24" but it's 1080p. Hmmm, ill have a tinker later.

Nah I've already tried switching them all on and off too. No joy. I dunno I think the main router can no longer recognise the dsl it's plugged into. Still probably just gonna f*ck with it tonight. Accidentally renewed my Live, so ill be on to yap at y'all soon hopefully.

Who's everyone's favourite character to play as then? I think for me it's Franklin so far. I just like his look and his stranger missions are pretty good. Also his bike is my favourite (my customised stripped down chopper) and (minor spoiler...)
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users