Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
47,926 replies to this topic
beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

Dboi: I am excited, I just don't want to jump to conclusions until I see it for myself.

Sweaty : I'll try. I'm going to try to be on more in the afternoon before I leave for the day. Like around 5 or 6 your time.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

idk if you guys looked at the RSDev accounts but one of them is RSDev 19.... Looks like its at least 19 max people but my guess is that it'll be an even 20 or 32. So f*cking pumped now though. September 17th cant f*cking get here fast enough. I gotta trade me some stocks on the BAWSAQ.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 20:44)
idk if you guys looked at the RSDev accounts but one of them is RSDev 19.... Looks like its at least 19 max people but my guess is that it'll be an even 20 or 32. So f*cking pumped now though. September 17th cant f*cking get here fast enough. I gotta trade me some stocks on the BAWSAQ.

I only counted 15 people (including the camera person), so I'm guessing 16 max.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

No i dont mean counting the people. There was a Rockstar dev profile with the number 19. I may be splitting hairs but it might mean much larger parties.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Or it might mean that they have more than 16 accounts? Sorry Tubbs, I'm with Beep on this one.

D34THW15H
  • D34THW15H

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Probably gonna be 16. 32 would be nice though.

I noticed we've gone from the red smiley to the blue. Any significance there?

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Just representing the general mood after seeing the gameplay trailer tounge.gif
I know using an animated one is a bit dickish, but I think the occasion justifies this exception. I'll change it back when I get home.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 10 July 2013 - 05:24 PM.

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 00:18)
No i dont mean counting the people. There was a Rockstar dev profile with the number 19. I may be splitting hairs but  it might mean much larger parties.

Like booze said R* has more than 16 accounts, Rdev17-Rdev20 are most likeley back ups.

Then again they havent talked about GTA Online at all. So they could have just put 15 people in that teaser so we wouldnt know that we can get over 16 players. Its a long shot so im highly doubting it, but who knows? Tubbs might be on to something here monocle.gif

@Deathwish: Even though your sig has many timeline conflicts, It's still f*cking sick! cool.gif

Has anybody heard from King since the gameplay went live? I imagine he boarded up his windows and is still watching it on repeat tounge2.gif

I'm on Live now if anybody cares to join me, it would be nice to finally talk about the gameplay with someone blush.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:16 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 10 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:19)
So they could have just put 15 people in that teaser so we wouldnt know that we can get over 16 players. Its a long shot so im highly doubting it, but who knows? Tubbs might be on to something here monocle.gif

I think it's more likely that they shoved all 16 people into one block of the city in the teaser to give the impression that the MP will have more people in each game when infact, it doesn't. Pretty deceptive if that is the case but we'll have to see.

-----

Just went on some crazy hike around Goyt Valley and Castlefield. You've probably been there on a school trip Cal. Me and my mate were running/sliding down cliff faces. It was epic. I'll take some pictures next time I go (probably next week).

I might be on from about 9pm BST if anyone fancies some BF3 or Worms. I'll be up for some RDR or GTA if we can get enough people on.

Beep - Try and come on tonight at a decent time please icon14.gif . Really wanna get RE5 done.

-----

edit: By the way, I've started a social experiment where I don't instigate conversations on LIVE. I'll respond if something is directed at me but like I said, I'm not starting any conversations.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:16)
Beep - Try and come on tonight at a decent time please icon14.gif . Really wanna get RE5 done.

Get on naow! I'm on for about an hour and a half.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

@Beep, Booze, Dboi, and Sweaty: the reason i have hope that it's more than 16 people is because if Battlefield 3.5 can have 64 total players on consoles why cant GTA V?

I mean R* has blown our minds in the past and honestly no body believes that the footage is current gen but if anyone can make some thing like that its Rockstar... If king was here he'd have my back tounge.gif .

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

GTA Online will be using MP3 multiplayer, so I would imagine the amount would be the same, 16 players, though more would be cool but we'll have to wait and see.

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

It's all in the game, yo

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:23)
GTA Online will be using MP3 multiplayer, so I would imagine the amount would be the same, 16 players, though more would be cool but we'll have to wait and see.

That's a bit of a vague statement. What do you mean by MP3 multiplayer?

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 10 July 2013 - 10:53 PM.

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:16)
@Beep, Booze, Dboi, and Sweaty: the reason i have hope that it's more than 16 people is because if Battlefield 3.5 can have 64 total players on consoles why cant GTA V?

I mean R* has blown our minds in the past and honestly no body believes that the footage is current gen but if anyone can make some thing like that its Rockstar... If king was here he'd have my back tounge.gif .

Because Battlefield is strictly a competetive FPS that relies on chaos for a good game, so having bigger lobbies is alright because it makes it more chaotic. Whereas GTA V may have competetive modes, but I bet they won't rely on chaos because R* probably doesn't want them to become hectic warzones. So I imagine they're going to stick with what they know and have smaller, more balanced games.
Also nobody was arguing about the graphics, we all know they're current gen. Why did you even say that? mercie_blink.gif

@Gunwrath: I'm not too sure what you mean by MP3 Multiplayer, but I don't think GTA Online will be using it. MP3 only had competetive modes on a limited number of maps/levels. GTA V will have free roam in an open city so I dont think it will have anything to do with MP3 except for the Social Club Crews.

@Calhole: I should be online tomorrow, not sure what time but I'll probably be on for awhile if your up to finish Gears. smile.gif
EDIT: I'll be on around 3:30pm your time.

Good banter today King, Kinko, Beep, and Freckles biggrin.gif It's a shame Sweaty wasn't online to start a conversation when we were done. lol.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:44)
Because Battlefield is strictly a competetive FPS that relies on chaos for a good game, so having bigger lobbies is alright because it makes it more chaotic. Whereas GTA V may have competetive modes, but I bet they won't rely on chaos because R* probably doesn't want them to become hectic warzones. So I imagine they're going to stick with what they know and have smaller, more balanced games.

Dude that made next to no sense notify.gif .

-----

By the way, in regards to this social experiment. Just to be clear, I'll still talk to people one on one but I probably won't start a conversation in a party with multiple people for a few days.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

I don't refer to MP3 as game mode wise, I'm referring as the shooting mechanics, name/lifebar above players. They're also using Crews, which is a cool concept. Also they implemented bullet-time didn't they?

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

BIP ZOOP DOPPITY DIP, FLIM FLAM FLAPPY ZOING, right in the kidneys so they gets the KIDNEY DAMAGE.

For Alien. <3

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 11 July 2013 - 03:01 AM.

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:55)
By the way, in regards to this social experiment.  Just to be clear, I'll still talk to people one on one but I probably won't start a conversation in a party with multiple people for a few days.

We understood the first time, let's see how well this "social experiment" works for you. wink.gif

Also I was really baked when I typed that and the only word I could think of was chaos lol.gif
I'm pretty sure Tubbs got the jist of it. Bigger lobbies = CHAOS! tounge2.gif

@Gunwrath: Ok your right it does look like MP3 shooting, although i'm sure it's alot better. And yes, Michael's special ability is bullet-time, but i'm really hoping thats not in GTA Online confused.gif

So clearly this isn't new news since I'm posting it, and no King I still havent checked the private forums tounge.gif . But after watching the new trailer multiple,... multiple times. I noticed when the switching feature is first shown (rappelling/sniping mission) there's a 4th silhouette, under the 3 protagonists in the bottom right circle, and it says "83 days"........ WTF could that be? mercie_blink.gif I think its your GTA Online character but 83 days from July, 9th is September, 30th yes I counted on the calender!, so that don't make no sense a'tall monocle.gif

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

It's not a social experiment. Sweaty just got all PTSD over my selective hearing and now he wants a go at it.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

@Dboi: that graphics bit i had was typed out horribly. What i meant is that some people are amazed still that those are current gen console graphics and not PC. At least i am and i believe toke is like that as well.

I've heard Michael's special ability gives him better resistance to bullets and his bullets to more damage but time doesnt slow down like bullet time in max payne or DeadEye in RDR. or i might have misheard or misread that...

Also any one that has Civilization V, i highly recommend the new EP Brave New World. Its awesome. and you can trust me, cause i'm a doctor.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I do hope they bring slow motion back and I hope it's in multiplayer. It's the thing that made Max Payne 3's multiplayer interesting. They could make it optional, for the people that don't like it (like a setting in the lobby or something). BTW Tubbs, Battlefield 4 will have only 24 players on the current gen consoles. And in GTA there's even more stuff going on (bigger map, more AI controlled objects that need to be synched etc.).

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

Damn you booze. You're being a real mood killer lol tounge.gif

I'll have my fingers crossed that its more than 15 and it'd be awesome if it was 32 but i doubt it.

i'm now feeling pessimistic about GTA V.... Thanks guys. suicidal.gif

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 11 July 2013 - 02:11 PM.

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 03:02)
now i'm feeling pessimistic about GTA V

SLAP YOURSELF YOU HETHEN! angry.gif

As for special abilities, Michael's is bullet time. And Trevor's is take %50- damage and do %50+ damage. Im deffinatly using Trevor for my singleplayer rampages devil.gif

So I just counted all the RSdev's in the trailer and there are 16 people in that game, including camera. So whoever said 15 needs to learn how to count tounge2.gif

I don't know what RSdev#'s they are but there were 4 in the air (heli, plane, jet), 3 on ground to the left, and then 8 on the ground to the right, add the camera person and that's 16. Most likely a full game.

Also it seems all the footage from the gameplay trailer was recored on PS3 monocle.gif Interesting.....

@Cal: Im jumping on Live in about a half hour and will be awaiting your arival sly.gif .....

Don't bring me down! tounge.gif

TOXIC OVERLORD
  • TOXIC OVERLORD

=A= Prospect

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

How could you possibly feel pessimistic about GTA V Tubbs? I mean come on, it's GTA V for crying out loud! I've watched that trailer over and over and over again and I can't find anything that doesn't get me excited for this game to come out. biggrin.gif The only thing that would dampen my spirits about GTA is if for some reason it didn't come out for current gen consoles.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:00 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 11 July 2013 - 05:32 PM.

D-Boi - By not complying, your just swinging the result a certain way. Your paranoia amuses me.

-----

Beep - Get online!

-----

Also, I think the steam sale has started. The store isn't working...

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

It's all in the game, yo

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:16)
edit: By the way, I've started a social experiment where I don't instigate conversations on LIVE. I'll respond if something is directed at me but like I said, I'm not starting any conversations.

You shouldn't have told everyone. Now you'll either get demand characteristics or the complete opposite. Either way you don't have ecological validity. monocle.gif

This post was solely so I could use psychology jargan that I don't get the use in the real world.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 18:44)
QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:16)
edit: By the way, I've started a social experiment where I don't instigate conversations on LIVE.  I'll respond if something is directed at me but like I said, I'm not starting any conversations.

You shouldn't have told everyone. Now you'll either get demand characteristics or the complete opposite. Either way you don't have ecological validity. monocle.gif

This post was solely so I could use psychology jargan that I don't get the use in the real world.

It doesn't matter if they know or not. Their reactions will all add to the final result.

ILIKEFIREPLACES
  • ILIKEFIREPLACES

Prematurely post traumatic

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Dboi: My Xbox is pissing me off, I'm going out for a bit. I might be back on later. Hopefully then it will stop deciding to disconnect randomly..

Jedi: Garrus REPRESENT NIGGAH!

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

I love that song! And I don't even do drugs tounge.gif

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 13:00)
Beep - Get online!

-----

Also, I think the steam sale has started. The store isn't working...

I'm on, where are you? And it did start, nothing really good for me so far except maybe CS:GO.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users