Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
47,926 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by GunWrath, 06 July 2013 - 04:07 AM.

QUOTE (Z0MBIEStheyN0MBIES @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 21:32)
@Gunwrath: Oh believe me, I've had my fair share of partying and womanizing. I just haven't been stupid about it like some people. You know, those kids who get busted for drunk driving and/or have a girl knocked up. I was lucky enough to surround myself with other people who have a future. My best friend actually just left for Army basic a few days ago (yeah, I know, but it's a future, right?) and he was a pretty good influence on me. Kept me from being stupid.

If it's not to personal, was the Corps a personal choice, or something you were pushed into? Believe it or not, I had to give my parents the ultimatum of signing for me, or having myself do it when I turn 18.

@Dboi  biggrin.gif icon14.gif 'Murrrica.

EDIT: Damn, looks like my membership finally ran out. Thought my year lasted until next week, guess I was wrong  confused.gif . Don't suppose anyone has any 48 hour cards lying around somewhere? Haha

I come from a military family, my great uncle was 101st Airborne in WWII, which I don a 101st flag in the man cave, my uncle was a Marine during the 50's, my dad was a Marine during Nam.. so I've always been into military history, war, equipment, lingo, etc for most of my childhood and always grew to love it. So during 11th grade, I remember talking to my dad and at first he didn't like the idea because of the tensions due to 9/11 at the times but he supported and then my mother ended up supporting too and we went and signed me up at 17, so after graduation about 3 1/2mos after, I went off to Boot. It was a personal choice and one of the best decisions I've ever made. I got to travel, meet a lot of different people throughout my journey. Also learned a lot of useful things.. so it's really more than just BOOM! BLOW sh*t UP! KILL KILL, YUT! like majority of people think. It really helps for a career/life after the military as well, depending on MOS. My MOS really doesn't have a good impression, lol but the fact I was military helped me out in some situations.

I still have character defects now like I did when I was younger but not as bad as they could of been without the proper transformation that the Corps gave me. My swearing improved and so did my no-nonsense attitude.. but I still have my manners and my cleanliness.. not to mention my accuracy. smile.gif

When you return from boot and get some time for yourself, I'll be here still hopefully man and I look forward to hearing about your experience. It keeps the fragrance of awesomeness in my mind to hear about the stories and such.

Edit: Sent a 48hr trial code to you via PM.

Terminal Indoc
  • Terminal Indoc

We Screw * We Nut * We Bolt

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:02)
QUOTE (Z0MBIEStheyN0MBIES @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 21:32)
@Gunwrath: Oh believe me, I've had my fair share of partying and womanizing. I just haven't been stupid about it like some people. You know, those kids who get busted for drunk driving and/or have a girl knocked up. I was lucky enough to surround myself with other people who have a future. My best friend actually just left for Army basic a few days ago (yeah, I know, but it's a future, right?) and he was a pretty good influence on me. Kept me from being stupid.

If it's not to personal, was the Corps a personal choice, or something you were pushed into? Believe it or not, I had to give my parents the ultimatum of signing for me, or having myself do it when I turn 18.

@Dboi  biggrin.gif icon14.gif 'Murrrica.

EDIT: Damn, looks like my membership finally ran out. Thought my year lasted until next week, guess I was wrong  confused.gif . Don't suppose anyone has any 48 hour cards lying around somewhere? Haha

I come from a military family, my great uncle was 101st Airborne in WWII, which I don a 101st flag in the man cave, my uncle was a Marine during the 50's, my dad was a Marine during Nam.. so I've always been into military history, war, equipment, lingo, etc for most of my childhood and always grew to love it. So during 11th grade, I remember talking to my dad and at first he didn't like the idea because of the tensions due to 9/11 at the times but he supported and then my mother ended up supporting too and we went and signed me up at 17, so after graduation about 3 1/2mos after, I went off to Boot. It was a personal choice and one of the best decisions I've ever made. I got to travel, meet a lot of different people throughout my journey. Also learned a lot of useful things.. so it's really more than just BOOM! BLOW sh*t UP! KILL KILL, YUT! like majority of people think. It really helps for a career/life after the military as well, depending on MOS. My MOS really doesn't have a good impression, lol but the fact I was military helped me out in some situations.

I still have character defects now like I did when I was younger but not as bad as they could of been without the proper transformation that the Corps gave me. My swearing improved and so did my no-nonsense attitude.. but I still have my manners and my cleanliness.. not to mention my accuracy. smile.gif

When you return from boot and get some time for yourself, I'll be here still hopefully man and I look forward to hearing about your experience. It keeps the fragrance of awesomeness in my mind to hear about the stories and such.

I think that's what makes me mad are all of the misconceptions. Yeah, there are those people who just join to go "kill 'dem brown people" but those aren't the ones who make up the majority. The military has become so much more than just a fighting force. I just know the Corps will give me a sense of belonging and brotherhood that'll last forever. Something only the AoD has provided for me so far ( blush.gif ) but on a much, much larger scale. And the first chance I get of computer access when I'll get back, I'll definitely post on here. Everyone will be going batsh*t crazy over GTA V by then, though, haha. If everything goes right, and 13 weeks actually equals 13 weeks, I'll graduate October 4th.

If it helps bring back memories, my old JROTC CO was telling me that while he was in Boot, his DI came in at around 3 AM, and commanded all the recruits in the barracks to take their mattress off the racks, and to go build a mattress fort out in the sandpit. And that motherf*cker had to be sturdy. I'm sure you can imagine how hilarious it must be to see a sh*t ton of recruits, all in their PT gear, try to get out of the door at once, all holding their mattresses. Anyways, this continued for about a week, and after the first few days, everyone got used to it, and one recruit was already halfway out the door before the DI had gotten the full command out of his mouth, and he was told to stop, and about face, and talk to the DI.... through the mattress....

@Beep: I don't know, it's not even letting me connect to play a silver account. It's telling me to update my payment information, and even if I try to pay with my Debit cart, it tells me that there's a problem buying this product suicidal.gif . Looks like my only hope to get back on for anything is a code.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Yeah, DI's can be some sneaky dudes but it makes boot camp memorable. Because just doing PT and then sleeping wouldn't be fun at all rolleyes.gif But it helps make the time go by, it can get boring as hell in there. Our SDI was a major jackass during but I remember one time having my box gutted out, trashed and him going 'YOU'RE GD BOX IS MESSY, PVT, WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING IN MY BARRACKS' .. he then continued to bitch and moan for 10-15mins, me at attention just curious wtf is going on, after he was done.. I had to fight the response I was about to give for afew nanoseconds but still said it, "SIR, THAT'S PVT BARRS BOX, SIR!" .. he would not f*cking believe me even though his f*cking name was on the box. I went through hell for about 2hrs after that.

Once it was over and I come back in for a head call and all that good sh*t, I see Barrs over at the bunk laughing and smirking, but don't worry, I got my f*cking payback later on down the road. That I did, that I did.

Terminal Indoc
  • Terminal Indoc

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Sleep? What's that? Haha. Well deserved Revenge is a great thing to dish out, isn't it?
As far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm not a blue falcon, I'll be happy. From my last 15 hr MEPS visit, I learned to keep my mouth shut, and do whatever the DI says. If I'm holding my rifle magazine, and the DI tells me to go get my rifle magazine from the armory, I'll do just that. I also know from the plethora of stories I've heard, nothing I do will be 100% correct in their eyes.

Also, I just checked my graduation date. I'll be in 3rd Battalion. Fffffffff*ck.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 06 July 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Military circle jerk over? I certainly hope so. They've taken it to the bedroom... I mean PM's wink.gif

-----

I passed out again at about 2am. Just woke up about half an hour ago. Too many meds man...

Anyway. Final Fantasy VII is avaliable on steam biggrin.gif icon14.gif They really do need to make HD versions of VII & VIII though.

Also, my hand is nearly back to normal and I should be able to play something tonight. I might be on Worms this afternoon but it's meant to be a nice day so I might not be on until the evening.

We could do the Red Dead thing this weekend if you guys are up for it. I was thinking tonight or tomorrow night (any time past 8pm BST) if that was all good?

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by Booze T, 06 July 2013 - 11:40 AM.

I bought The Witcher (1) last night for 5 bucks. I only had one error (2 if you count the one I got when trying to update the game), so I guess that's good for PC terms. But then I went to play it and had kind of hoped I'd be able to play it with a controller. Turns out I can't... Not unless I download some external program that lets you map keyboard buttons to a controller. So it looks like I'll have to switch my 42" plasma and recliner for my crappy laptop screen and desk chair. F*ck that. Master race my ass.

Edit: Yeah, I'd be up for Red Dead Jousting if enough people are on icon14.gif
I have to work tonight, but hopefully I can go home a bit early. I'll be home at roughly 9 pm BST (8 pm GMT) at the latest.

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yeah I'm down for RDR tonight or tomorrow. alien.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 06 July 2013 - 12:19 PM.

F**k it. Lets say tonight at 9pm BST and if hardly anyone gets on we could reorganise it for tomorrow and see if more people show up. We probably need a minimum of 5.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

If y'all want an extra head to play with y'all, I'll join in as well.

Branacane
  • Branacane

=A= Sgt at Arms

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sounds good but I can't make it tonight, as weird as it may sound I am spending the night at my ex's. Kinda seeing each other over the summer so I'm making the most of the time not spent looking after my dad to be with her. I'm sure most of you will agree that spending the night with someone is better than RDR, and she has made cup cakes, can't turn down cupcakes :3

Have fun though, and If you re-arrange it for tomorrow, I should be able to join you icon14.gif

D34THW15H
  • D34THW15H

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Didn't know Mario could get so mad lol.

On the other hand, I thought of something cool we could do on RDR. One group of people get the carriage at Gaptooth Breach hideout and head to Blackwater. The other group be stationed at John Marstons house. The goal is that the group in the carriage has to try and make it to lets say Armadillo without the carriage being destroyed or being killed.

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Associate

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

What is BST and how do I convert it to EDT?

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

BST is GMT -1 I believe, I can't make it tonight though. sad.gif

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Associate

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

so that would make it an hour till said event?

Kinko XXV
  • Kinko XXV

Perpetual scapegoat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Indeed it would. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
  • GTAking33 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

Are y'all jousting right now? I'm bored as hell.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

I know the lover of fire places is the only other guy here who watches rap battles (and Nitty to some extent), but I thought I'd let you know there's a Grand Theft Auto V punchline at 5:30 - 6:00. cool.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 23:16)
Are y'all jousting right now? I'm bored as hell.

Yeah, we were when you posted that. Should've added one of us, man. confused.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

I added toke, but it's cool. Y'all just didn't want my swag, it's completely understandable, It's known to cause blackouts.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 16:40)
I added toke, but it's cool. Y'all just didn't want my swag, it's completely understandable, It's known to cause blackouts.

Yeeea I rarely if ever get online on the weekends. Happy wife happy life and all that. lol.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 07 July 2013 - 05:29 AM.

Good games on RDR last night. The jousting was really fun (especially the round I won wink.gif ). We made another game mode too but if I share the details I think I might be banned from the forum. I'll write it up on the private forums just incase we go back to Red Dead one day. My apologies to the new guys for the constant mishaps but unfortunately sometimes sh*t goes down like that. It can go smoothly, but not often. Speaking of which. Next time you're that difficult King I'm sending you to f*cking Disneyland because you're not playing with me.

Sorry to the people that couldn't make it by the way.

-----

edit: Have fun at boot camp Zombies. Stay frosty.

Terminal Indoc
  • Terminal Indoc

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Well, since I won't get to do this tomorrow as I'll probably be busy with everything before I leave, I might as well do it now, since I get to claim page 2070 in the process.

It was really great playing with you guyses over the past few years. Church Sundays were some of the best video gaming experiences I have and can remember. It was cool seeing/hearing some of you guys progress through life. Mostly Beep, who somehow beat all the odds, graduated, and lost his v-card, despite his crippling ugliness (<3). The interesting conversations I had with you all, whether it was Alien talking about large V8's or Sweaty chatting his conspiracy stuff, were pretty hilarious and thought-provoking. Overall a great experience that'll be fun to carry over into the next generation of consoles.

Catch you guys around in 3 months.

-Zombies.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Z0MBIEStheyN0MBIES @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 01:19)
Mostly Beep, who somehow beat all the odds, graduated, and lost his v-card, despite his crippling ugliness (<3)

You forgot my social awkwardness and bad jokes/pick up lines (which nearly lead me to gonorrhea). Guess I was a miracle child.

Stay safe, try not to do or say anything I would.

D34THW15H
  • D34THW15H

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by D34THW15H, 07 July 2013 - 06:55 AM.

Don't really know you well yet Z0MBIES, but take care. You've already earned my respect man.

Had fun with you guys on RDR. The manhunt was some fun(yet racist) sh*t. I also got to destroy some SoA kid to the point he got off GTA. In the words of Ice Cube, "I gotta say it was a good day."

Also, out of curiosity what next gen console will we be on?

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ah Deathwish, you are also familiar with the great warrior poet Ice Cube!?

Zombies Those were some heart warming words. Thank you. Seriously though, good luck and all that! Also it's a shame sweaty had to stake his claim first sad.gif

Yeah Red Dead looked pretty fun, but my connection was Albanian as f*ck, just as expected. I wish you could of seen my screen though. I turned invisible at one point!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

@Zombies: good luck bud. and like Sweaty said, stay frosty.

@Death: i think the Next gen thing is split. Me, Toke, and Dboi will be getting Xbox Ones while i believe everyone else are going the cheaper route and going PS4

ILIKEFIREPLACES
  • ILIKEFIREPLACES

Prematurely post traumatic

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Zombies: Good luck man! Hope to see you at some point in V. smile.gif

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Nah, Dboi is getting both. Right now it stands at just Tubbs and Toke getting the Xbone, while everybody else seems to be leaning towards PS4. I don't think anyone will be getting them on release though.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Later, Zombies.. good luck my man.

D34THW15H
  • D34THW15H

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Diggdydog @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 09:08)
Ah Deathwish, you are also familiar with the great warrior poet Ice Cube!?

Yeah. I prefer most 90's rap to the sh*t you hear nowadays.

Good sh*t about the ps4. It'll be a cold day in hell if I buy a xbox one. I won't get it on release either. Probably gonna wait a few months.

Question, are the Fallout games worth playing? I've heard good things but I'm still not sure if I should try them out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users