Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
46,504 replies to this topic
Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

This echoed my sentiment quite well regarding Microsoft's policy reversal. The last paragraph is all for you Beep wink.gif

user posted image

@Booze-I heard you Dutch folks are FINALLY getting Netflix later this month, congrats!!

@Beep- That fake frog leg surrender monkey Celtic can suck a fat one. His apology is hollow at best and laughable and sh*t-on worthy at worst.

@Sweaty-I'll attempt to be get online for some Battlespleil 3 if you down nigguh.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:06)
QUOTE (EDDYHarris @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:41)
Hey what would happen if someone made a Lost MC page for the 360? What will be the outcome?

A failure. Like all the other Lost MC's.

sly.gif sad.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Injecting "guruv2.exe"... 32%

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I got a chuckle out of it I admit, but thank the lord it's facetious. Personally, I believe Microsoft's inept ability to convey aspects and inclusions of their own hardware to the consumer in a confident and concise manner seriously dented their reputation. I believe Microsoft have the ability to keep in unique features such as game-sharing (something which they kept making additions to post-backlash; and I think publishers would have pressured them to alter it like they did with Sony and the PS3's sharing capabilities), whilst still giving people the choice to not have a constant internet connection and the ability to trade-in physical copies, but they've chosen not to give people choices, instead of opting for an either/or angle, and amidst making some necessary change(s), they've lost their console's identity. Now it's just a less-powerful and more expensive alternative to the PS4. As for exclusives, Sony have double than what Microsoft have planned in the pipeline, and the current generation's track record puts my faith in the court of Sony (not saying one is better than the other, but I personally preferred what the PS3 pumped out overall).

I think the always-online thing just rubbed people the wrong way, and it just threw everything overboard. I know that was the one thing I personally hated. I've gone days without internet (and that's in London, one of the biggest city's in the world), and just recently I couldn't hop online for roughly the span of a day when I tried to get on TeamSpeak to talk to King (albeit, I was a sleep for about 7 of those hours). Although I guess you could applaud them for re-sculpting their policies around backlash, but they didn't really have a choice, and I think it's somewhat unprofessional how they are willing to drastically flip-flop on their own stances, as if they don't have confidence in or knowledge of their own product. I did read though, that the Xbox One requires a day one patch (which requires a connection), and that this had always been planned, which I think is mind-bogglingly stupid. Took 'em long enough to tell us.

I could see both the PS4 and Xbox One gradually putting a bigger focus on digital content (Sony representatives have mentioned that is the aim; and the play-as-you-download feature looks promising, as well as the ability to download either the single or multi-player portion first), and they will, I just don't think always-online and completely throwing restrictions on top of physical ownership is the way. The change has to be organic, and not a case of innovation for the sake of consumer choice/freedom, especially considering the market is as vocal and versatile as it is. Again, going back to the comparison I made to the Surface Tablet. I see a lot of people saying that used-game restrictions would have made the games cheaper. Personally I think they should become cheaper digitally either way (especially now that you can't share them anymore), with physical discs staying at their standard rate (and eventually more expensive), which I think is a fare trade-off. I just don't think many publishers will think it's beneficial to do so initially. I believe it was the same with Steam at first.

Even though I don't think it's fair to compare Steam to the Xbox One in some areas, especially in regards to having to download games online, considering the nature of the platform it's on and the fact you can by a physical copy that doesn't require an internet connection to begin with (and play digital copies offline). Though I'm just saying that, because I've seen people make those comparisons many times, outside of the Dorkly image. I'll admit though, people hated $team at first. Additionally, it looks like Steam might be planning to incorporate their own shared-games feature. I like the HDMI-in though, as Booze pointed out. It would have been nice to have a couple though. The ability to switch between a PC and television simultaneously would have been ace, hell, plug in your PS4/WiiU/360 if you want.

The Smash Bros/villager meme is far better than this Xbone nonsense anyway.
http://kotaku.com/th...ernet-513160490
http://kotaku.com/fa...ernet-513785018

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:10)
I could see both the PS4 and Xbox One gradually putting a bigger focus on digital content [...] Personally I think they should become cheaper digitally either way (especially now that you can't share them anymore), with physical discs staying at their standard rate (and eventually more expensive), which I think is a fare trade-off.

I agree. They way they're going about it now, I think you could use this analogy: the console manufacturer (Microsoft in this case) and retailers both run a hotel. The hotels are both very similar, so they're competing with each other. The way Microsoft was planning on competing was to keep their own hotel sh*tty, but burn the other one down so guests wouldn't have a choice anymore. What they instead could have done was make their hotel the nicest to stay at with the fairest prices.
Leaving this analogy, the cost of a videogame is very fragmented: there's developer costs (building, facilities, employee salaries etc.), there's the publisher who wants to see their investments returned, there's the console manufacturer who asks a fee, there's marketing, printing and distribution, the wholesalers who want a cut and finally the retailers. So the $60 price tag has to account for all of that. But that's for physical distribution. If you were to go digital, you can cut off a chunk of that chain, starting with printing and distributing the discs. Wholesalers typically pay around $30 per game. Minus the cost of printing and distribution, co-op marketing and accounting for lost/stolen units, the publisher gets roughly $18 per sold game.
Now, if they were to go digital, you would have to add the cost of server bandwidth and IT personnel. Let's say that's $7 per game (very roughly). That would mean that even if they were to ask $30 per game (as a download), they would still make more profit ($5 in this example).
If I could get my games, on release day, from the comfort of my home and for 50% the price I would pay in a traditional game store (with rapid additional price drops), I would totally be prepared to forgo my ability to resell or lend. If you could download a 3 month old game for $20, would you still go the game shop to buy it used for $30? The game shops would have to respond by lowering their prices even more to the point where this whole second hand market just isn't profitable anymore.

QUOTE (Toke @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:13)
@Booze-I heard you Dutch folks are FINALLY getting Netflix later this month, congrats!!

Haha thanks! tounge.gif Even better, our company might just be the partner that Netflix is gonna jump into bed with (they were here today!). It's good to see things moving forward. It was just a few years ago that me and my friends were using a less-than-legal music "sharing" site and we were all thinking "I would TOTALLY pay a small fee per month to get this legally". But music labels took their sweet time adjusting to the new technology. Now we got Spotify, Netflix etc.

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:24)
QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:06)
QUOTE (EDDYHarris @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:41)
Hey what would happen if someone made a Lost MC page for the 360? What will be the outcome?

A failure. Like all the other Lost MC's.

sly.gif sad.gif

He was talking about Xbox 360 gangs, not PC. You guys are awesome tounge.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:40 PM Edited by gamesguru, 20 June 2013 - 09:43 PM.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there Booze, I was actually going to mention manufacturing costs (and re-cooping) as a factor, as it relates to how I implied that I feel publishers have a lack of good faith with the digital market, as far as fair pricing goes anyway. Cutting manufacturing costs should be enough to at least see a small discount on the the price of digital copies available today on principle alone, but alas that has yet to happen yet (Steam have great sales, incentives to pre-order, and in some cases it's cheaper). You'd think not having the ability to sell a digital copy, on 360 at least, would also be another incentive for the publisher to lure in customers. Unless, at least in Microsoft's case (as I can't speak on the prices for PS3), the cut they take is nut-crushingly high, I just don't see why they wouldn't at least shave off a couple of bucks.

Though, this was the case when I was last on Xbox, which was a while ago now, so feel free to inform if its changed since then. I did check a few titles on the marketplace, and the physical was cheaper in all the instances.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Booze T, 20 June 2013 - 10:08 PM.

They've been having some sales, which is a step in the right direction, but the core digital distribution of (new) games is still atrocious. I just searched around a little bit, and only the third game I checked (Gears of War: Judgment) was available On Demand. And it was €70. Then I did a quick search on the internet and the cheapest physical copy I found was €35 (and that's a NEW copy). Looks like we've a long way to go. confused.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by gamesguru, 20 June 2013 - 10:14 PM.

It's £10 cheaper for a new copy at Game, which is pretty much our only dedicated gaming retailer nationwide, and around £25 cheaper on Amazon (new copy).

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE GODDAMMIT!!

Hopefully Sony and Microsoft lead by example and make the prices for their digital titles competitive as much as they can, when they can, once the PS4 and Xbox One arrives. That's if they truly care about pushing the envelope for digital sales being a more beneficial alternative to those that choose to use it (at both a consumer level and provider level).

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

Sweaty, my LIVE runs out tomorrow. I don't have the money to renew it yet. Not unless I get this job (which I will hopefully know by Saturday). If these people keep bouncing dates around I might say forget it though.

Probably next week at the earliest I'll have it renewed.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 21 June 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Beep - OH JEZUS! THE PENNIES AND THE DECISIONS!

I might be able to hook you up with some free LIVE.

-----

Sorry about randomly leaving last night on BF3. There was an outage in my area.

Don Mattrick is a child sex predator btw. He uses bad body language and the kinnect to lure kids into his paedo-van.

-----

edit: Tell me you won that game on Bazaar and my tank swipe wasn't in vein... Good games anyway. Uber pwnage! icon14.gif

Toke
  • Toke

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:01)
edit: Tell me you won that game on Bazaar and my tank swipe wasn't in vein... Good games anyway.  Uber pwnage!  icon14.gif

No worries buddy, despite (I believe) Cal and I bailing on it soon after, our team actually managed to keep it alive just long enough for us to pull off the win. Odd that we got to see randoms do so well, perhaps our brazen pwnage inspired them to get their heads out of their asses?
user posted image

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

First one is the most factual, second is the funniest.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just making sure you guys saw this:

When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour...When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game... The difference between the family sharing and the typical store demo is that your progress is saved as if it was the full game, and the data that was installed for that shared game doesn’t need to be erased when they purchase the full game!

So the "family sharing" wasn't sharing of full games at all, merely demos of those games. Misleading much?

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:57 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 24 June 2013 - 04:33 AM.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

By the way, The Cave only has local co-op and the frame rate issue is still pretty bad. I'll probably save my MS points and get it in a steam sale.

I should be online for some more BF3 today at some point if any fancies wasting some noobs. Also, I'm craving a game of Worms so someone play with me please. If we can get a few people on I'll let you team up against me.

-----

PLEASE DON'T POST!

I really want us to go to the land that time forgot (the second page). It'll be funny. People will start to talk...

We need some of the magical Leelee drama in here to liven the place up. A GTA meet up would be nice. An el classico church with some events and AoD vs The World for good measure. I know Toke was talking about getting on some GTA now he's back on LIVE. I'll organise something for this Wednesday. If people turn up, they turn up. If they don't then... "I say f*ck 'em!" [Alien voice] wink.gif

Lol, use the Yardies thread to post if you have to. I'll organise our mid-week church in there too lol.gif.

Toke
  • Toke

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Toke, 24 June 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Simply would not do to have us reach.......(shudder) page 2. Plus you cannot get that smell outta yo puckerbutton.

Good games Tubbs and Sweaty on the ol Empire:Total War. Despite Tubbs being a f*ckin noob nard it was all good, lol Just remember Tubbs while the mental image of a all cavalry army does indeed sound bad ass and harkens back to a more romantic notion of the grand charge it simply doesn't work in game especially with that lag! lol.gif . Hell, I spent 1/3 of my points on cavalry and they did f*ck all, should've just went for more infantry who in fact did manage to hold off most of the English enemy until their Turk buddies showed up to overwhelm me. The Indians I assume, Sweaty spanked thus why I only saw a bunch of camel cavalry the whole time. icon14.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 24 June 2013 - 05:07 AM.

GOD F**KING DAMN IT TOKE! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WE'VE BEEN CLOSE! angry.gif

I'm still organising the mid-week church in the Yardies thread. F**k it.

-----

edit: Both Tubbs and cavalry suck balls and together it was a deadly combination... Never again.

Best units on Empire for me are elite line infantry, light infantry and accurate artillery units. The melee units and elephants are really cool too. With cav you have to be really picky about who you're fighting. The best cav units for me are elephants, heavies and lancers. The missile troops are pretty good if you can use them effectively by skirmishing. They do have their moments. Me and Toke have had a few occasions when our general cav units are just running through the lines being really effective shock troops. Hard to use though in a battle as big as the one we were in. I think it'd be a good idea to scale down the units next time to keep down the lag. I'll be up for some more tomorrow from about 5-8pm.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

@Sweaty And Toke: I thought in game 2 we were going to go with the same gameplan as game 1. I use just cavalry, Toke has infantry, and Sweaty has artillery.

I'd be down for GTA or Empire here this week. I dont get off til 630 pm pacific. but ill see about getting a day off or two this week as well.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

wow.gif

Toke
  • Toke

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Until I see liquid human fecal matter drip off that stuff I shall not be impressed. lol.gif lol.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 25 June 2013 - 12:34 AM.

I'm sure I saw that waterproof stuff in a Blue Peter episode in my formative years. Looks pretty cool anyway.

Beep - I'm getting online now and have that code for you. It's only a month but it's better than nothing. I dunno if I can be arsed with RE5 tonight because I still need to eat but I'll play some Worms and maybe some GTA icon14.gif.

PO-LICE THAT MOOSTACHE!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

@Guru: the top comments of that vid are hilarious just FYI.

So i've got tuesday and wednesday off to recoup from this f*cking cold (i also got off work 3 hours early today but just came home and slept) so i'll be on xbox and steam when you guys want me to be.

I'd love to play some more Empire total war. For what its worth the reason we got obliterated in the 2nd game Sweaty and Toke is because we didnt communicate to each other which units we'd use and we all ended up using Cav.

And because i havent posted a vid recently i thought i'd post something that'll annoy most of you tounge.gif

DestructoBoi420_2.0
  • DestructoBoi420_2.0

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

JESUS H F*CK! nervous.gif nervous.gif nervous.gif nervous.gif
Im pretty sure I just watched "The Red Wedding" mercie_blink.gif Mind = Blown
Just to be clear, is the Red Wedding the season finale? Becuase I still have 1 episode left and sh*t just went down.... at a wedding sly.gif
ROOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBB!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO! cryani.gif
once again I still f*ckin hate you guys tounge.gif

@Beep: You can buy a month of Gold for a $1 this week, North America only b*tches!, You should let sweaty save that month because shirly your not that Jewish tounge2.gif And yes, there is a scale for Judaism.

@King: I'll be on PSN in about an hour or 2 if your up for more Last of Us mp, I have my mic today so we I should be better biggrin.gif

I will probably be on Live at some point today if anybody is up for BF3 or GTA...... or GoW2 blush.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

With Game of Thrones, sh*t's always seriously going down in the next to last episode (you remember a certain beheading and a certain application of green fire?).

So how's The Last of Us' multiplayer? I'm still rocking the single player and I think I'm almost done. I'm not really interested in the multiplayer (it sounds like one of the many tacked-on multiplayer modes, like so many strong single player franchises are getting), but if you guys say it's good then I'm willing to check it out. icon14.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

No, it's not tacked on it's actually really good and carries a lot of the elements of single player over to multiplayer. It's heavily based on stealth, tactical play, and teamwork. It reminds me a lot of the Rainbow 6 series, which I love. The the only downside is that there are only 2 game modes but I don't usually play anything other than TDM anyway. There will be a few DLC packs coming out and they might include a few new modes for MP.

DestructoBoi420_2.0
  • DestructoBoi420_2.0

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 09:37)
With Game of Thrones, sh*t's always seriously going down in the next to last episode (you remember a certain beheading and a certain application of green fire?).

So how's The Last of Us' multiplayer? I'm still rocking the single player and I think I'm almost done. I'm not really interested in the multiplayer (it sounds like one of the many tacked-on multiplayer modes, like so many strong single player franchises are getting), but if you guys say it's good then I'm willing to check it out. icon14.gif

I never noticed that about GoT, probably because I watched all 3 seasons as 1 big season tounge.gif But it makes sense now that you mention it. The climactic event happens in the 2nd to last episode so that the finale sets up the next season. For example Im watching the finale now and Theon's sister is taking the fastest ship and her 50 best killers to rescue her brother, now besides that sounding like a setup to a Sylvester Stallone movie tounge2.gif , it also sounds like Season 4 is going to be quite badass cool.gif
I suppose that is really good writing, but I prefer it when the insanity goes in the finale so that when it ends I have a year to think about wtf just happend. TBH i'm still dumbfounded after Walking Dead's season 3 finale bored.gif

And I only played a few games of Last of Us yesterday and since it was my first time I didnt last long lol.gif
I wouldn't say its outstanding mp, but its deffinatly not average either. Alot of features transfer from the singleplayer like crafting and listen mode so thats pretty kewl. Teamwork is essential but that doesnt mean communication, if you roll in a pack then you'll most likely survive unless your up against a beast like King or John Mclaine tounge.gif You should join us Booze, even if its just a few games for you to try smile.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:27)

Hate yourself for not listening to us sooner.

-----

I saw Man of Steel last night. It was really good despite having a slightly dodgy ending. Glad I didn't see World War Z. It looks cool but Brad Pitt is the last person I would cast for that role as he's the last person I'd be thinking of in an apocalypse scenario.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 10:27)
@Beep: You can buy a month of Gold for a $1 this week, North America only b*tches!, You should let sweaty save that month because shirly your not that Jewish tounge2.gif And yes, there is a scale for Judaism.

I can spare $1. I'll but it right now and be on in a few of hours or so. I have to go out in a bit and run errands.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Here's a clip from This Is The End

I thought it was funny. Reminded me of you all biggrin.gif

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Alright boys! My internet went down for a spell. *cough* it still happens even in London, the most densely populated area of one of the most developed countries in the world...*cough*

Good job I could still play single player! biggrin.gif

Anywho, i've read everything, I'm up to speed, I just don't have much to add. Maybe on tonight to bust some balls

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

So my Xbox is asking me for my e-mail and password when I sign in, but it's saying my information is wrong. When I sign in I get a loading screen, get that "X friends online" notification, then it decides my password or e-mail is wrong. I know it's right because it works on the website, but now I can't get on to renew my LIVE confused.gif. I feel like not having Gold might be a factor, if anyone as a 48 hour code I can use to see if it helps (or if Sweaty see's this with his one month code) I'd appreciate it.

DestructoBoi420_2.0
  • DestructoBoi420_2.0

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 25 June 2013 - 09:24 PM.

QUOTE (beep41 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:05)
So my Xbox is asking me for my e-mail and password when I sign in, but it's saying my information is wrong. When I sign in I get a loading screen, get that "X friends online" notification, then it decides my password or e-mail is wrong. I know it's right because it works on the website, but now I can't get on to renew my LIVE confused.gif. I feel like not having Gold might be a factor, if anyone as a 48 hour code I can use to see if it helps (or if Sweaty see's this with his one month code) I'd appreciate it.

LIES!!! you just don't want to spend that dollar! sneaky2.gif

Seriously tho, it has has nothing to do with your lack of Gold, Microsoft isn't that jewish no offence tounge2.gif
You can probably renew it on the website, it should be on the main page if your silver. As for your actual dilema I have no solutions, my first thought was that somebody hacked your account cry.gif

QUOTE (Sweaty)
QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @  Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 15:27)
Hate yourself for not listening to us sooner.

Ha, ha ha..... ha, It's still not as good as Spartacus sly.gif

@Diggidy: You haven't missed much, only part 1 of the AoD console flame war '13 where Arnold Shwarzenegger started a beef with Eminem lol.gif Which console do you think you will be eventually getting? Part 2 begins.....

@Tubbs: How the f*ck did that remind you of us! mercie_blink.gif Still funny though.
Heres a promo for This is the End that you probably havent seen. It came out the week of Dec, 21

And here's the viral video that inspired the movie, you probably havent seen it either tounge.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users