Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
48,730 replies to this topic
SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Looks like King has been doing some tests...

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Battlefield 3 Premium is 50% off in the next Deal of the Week so im going to buy Close Quarters, Aftermath, and End Game so I pray somebody is willing to play BF3 when i'm back online smile.gif

Also, remember that free arcade game that made you rage uncontrollably?.... They made a sequel monocle.gif

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

My LIVE expired yesterday. I also finished classes yesterday and had intentions of trying to come on a bit more for the summer. I'm not sure when I'm going to refill it, money is tight but I have some extra cash that will hopefully come in.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

@Beep: Just sell your body on a corner dude. Theres an jewish underground fetish scene building up. Best to get in early and make the most money.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Or just buy a month? It's not great value for money, but it means you don't have to have a big outlay at once.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Well, after a lot of derping (read: dying) Spartacus made it to the big city!

user posted image

And no, he's not taking a piss.

In the city, you can change your class... POOF! Sorcery-man!

user posted image

Also decided to teach Sydelle (my pawn) the subtleties of archery:

user posted image

She's a quick learner.

Will keep you posted (and may post videos) if/when I encounter big monsters.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 02:43)
@Beep: Just sell your body on a corner dude. Theres an jewish underground fetish scene building up. Best to get in early and make the most money.

Meh...I have a bit of money coming soon. I might buy three months to last me until my birthday. But I don't think I'll renew it until the 25th. That way three months will expire exactly on my birthday.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Booze - Not only did I recieve the Ferry Stone you sent me, I also received about 2,500 Rift Crystals and some enemy knowledge so thanks for that icon14.gif . I just changed Ser Jorah back to being a Fighter and his gear is pretty sweet. He looks like a Targaryen knight. You should check him out...

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:05)
I also received about 2,500 Rift Crystals

That's a lot, right? I'm not sure, but I've yet to hit 100 Rift Crystals and I haven't spent any so far, so...
Maybe you got them because I rated him the maximum amount of stars in all categories? I'll summon him more often, then, it's a nice way of helping a player out.

Edit: nevermind, this is from the wiki:

When other players hire your Main Pawn you will receive a certain amount of Rift Crystals based on the experience gained while part of the other player's party. The more experience gained the more crystals gained when released.

You should totally upload some action screens btw.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

F*ck the Gods! panic.gif

It doesn't look like it has much of a story to it's campaign which is dissapointing confused.gif , also it will be free so I doubt much time even went into it. Nevertheless, i'm sure it will have some glory, it is Spartacus afterall.

Ill be online in two shakes of a lamb's tail........ what does that even mean? mercie_blink.gif

EDDYHarris
  • EDDYHarris

한국어조선말

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hey when are you guys are going to put this on the rockstar social club website so you guys can get more bigger

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (EDDYHarris @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 11:53)
Hey when are you guys are going to put this on the rockstar social club website so you guys can get more bigger

Looks like someone hasn't looked at the front page for long enough. biggrin.gif

Social Club Crew
Booze had it set up within mere minutes of the opening of the feature. And we don't accept randoms into the crew so its only our gtaf members.

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (EDDYHarris @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:53)

We also only accept advice from people who can construct coherent sentences, "get more bigger" does not make any sense kid, but good try.

So yeah guys when are we gonna get on the social club, ooh wait...

MistuhDoughnutty
  • MistuhDoughnutty

Oh My...

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

I HAVE NOT STOPPED LAGHING.

Seriously, you have to see it! XD

Hippybojangles
  • Hippybojangles

Got something to say?

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

But guys! I think we could really benefit from getting more bigger... tounge2.gif

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Branacane @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:42)

We also only accept advice from people who can construct coherent sentences, "get more bigger" does not make any sense kid, but good try.

Then how did I got in this gang then. mercie_blink.gif

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 23:03)

Because we don't require you to be smart about anything other than GTA King See what I did there?, that is your forte, and we don't listen to your advice anyway so that is why tounge.gif

I jest, I love you <3

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAking33 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:03)

Someone lost a bet lol.gif i keeed

Every gang needs a wigga' or two.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Dragon's Dogma update:

Went on a quest, encountered a Chimera surrounded by wolves, harpies and goblins. Picked off as many as I could without agro-ing the Chimera, but the fight was inevitable. Here's what a Chimera looks like right before the lion part rips you a new asshole:

user posted image

Luckily Sweaty's pawn (Ser Jorah) engaged beast mode:

user posted image

Which then gave the whole party the courage to face the foul beast:

user posted image

The kill gave me new-found confidence:

user posted image

Which was only mere hours later crushed by the scariest thing I've encountered in a video game in a long time (believe me, the video does no justice to the experience, but at least you get an idea):

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 13 May 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Very nice Booze. I love the action-packed Ser Jorah screenshots. I can't believe you came across your first dragon at night. What the f*ck were you doing in those woods anyway!? By the way. If you're ever having trouble with Chimeras again, just spawn a tornado and watch how fast they die. The tornado is the answer to most things, apart from some enemies... Like Dragons.

2:05 - "I'll scale it and strike from above" - Pure Jorah.

He was doing well until you died tounge.gif .

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

I was following the red quest marker. It's an early Gran Soren quest, so I didn't figure it would lead me straight into a dragon when the most dangerous thing I've encountered so far is a Chimera. I'm leveling Sydelle as a sorcerer right now, so I'll get the tornado as soon as I can.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

I think you were on your way to the Shadow Fort and were very close until you got interrupted by a Dragon. There is another way round but I recommend you go to the Quarry North Entrance and speak to the guy there before you start anything at the Shadow Fort. Trust me.

edit: Take a pickaxe.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Monday, May 13 2013, 05:05)
2:05 - "I'll scale it and strike from above" - Pure Jorah

He was doing well until you died  tounge.gif .

Maybe, but I wanted to scale it and strike from above tounge.gif
I'll go to the Quarry next then.

Man, I love how this game presents fantasy in a realistic way. The environments look real, the characters look real. The monsters look as if they were real. I still can't get over the sound of that f*cking goat on the Chimera. Luckily I've learned now that you can dodge magic if you pay attention. Well, at least some magic, I've yet to have an enemy cast a tornado spell on me tounge.gif .
Sweaty, shouldn't we be continuing this conversation in the DD thread? We need to make more people on the forums aware of this awesome game.

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Ok so you two have convinced me to buy Dragon's Dogma, I did enjoy the demo but assumed it would all be pretty much similar but you two seem to be having a whale of a time. I was perusing the interwebs and happened across Dark Arisen for £17 on Amazon, tempting.

EDIT: Just realised I have like 3 stores that sell games near me so I could go check one of those, derp.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, it does different playstyles well. I've been playing as a Strider (a fast, thief-like character with bow and daggers) and Sweaty spent most of the game as a Sorcerer. Both classes are very different from what you play in the demo (a Fighter) and make it feel like almost a completely different game. There's 6 more classes that either specialize in or combine aspects of the three main classes and each of those 9 classes can be customized (you can buy moves and abilities and assign them to action buttons).

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yeah it does sound good and look good, I played part of the demo in the countryside as an archer and really liked it. I've yet to actually try out any of the others but would be good to change classes throughout, that does seem cool. Hopefully it lives up to your praise, though I do generally agree when sweaty or you recommend a game icon14.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

The only thing that annoys me a bit thus far is the fast travel system. It's nice that you can create your own fast travel points, but it's not so nice that you need a consumable every time you want to warp. You have item burden, which slows you down, so having to carry around a bunch of these travel-items and remembering to stock up on them every time you run low is a bit of a pain. The cost of them doesn't bother me (playing on Hard gives you tons of money drops, but I think Sweaty's not too bothered either, playing on Normal). The solution to that would be to rent the original Dragon's Dogma, create your character there, then buy Dark Arisen and import your save. Doing so would grant you a couple of bonuses, the most important of which being an unlimited use fast travel item. The other bonuses make you a bit OP, but you can throw those away tounge.gif

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

So it turns out none of the shops around me have it in stock, every single one is sold out -_- Anyway amazon have it in stock so I've ordered it and it should be here tomorrow, just in time for me finishing me exam biggrin.gif

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, I'm looking at picking it up too. Sounds pretty good, but I dunno if I can be throwing any more money around at least until next week. (I spent £100 in 2 days..)

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Branacane @ Monday, May 13 2013, 15:22)
So it turns out none of the shops around me have it in stock, every single one is sold out -_- Anyway amazon have it in stock so I've ordered it and it should be here tomorrow, just in time for me finishing me exam biggrin.gif

Free prime for students? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! blush.gif

Sweaty-hype is a powerful thing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users