Ride High Live Free Kick Ass
49,509 replies to this topic
Booze
  • Booze

Love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by Booze T, 06 May 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Digital Foundry has an answer to my question about Dragon's Dogma being letterboxed (black bars on top and bottom). It's as I expected a performance issue:

QUOTE (Digital Foundry)
The first thing we noticed is the unusually wide aspect ratio - it's closer to that of a 2:35:1 movie than the common 16:9 presentation we normally see in video games. Both versions of Dragon's Dogma are thus rendered in a sub-HD resolution (1280x608), but in order to avoid any unwanted scaling this is actually contained in a native 720p buffer with blank pixels rendered at the top and bottom of the screen.

But why make the change? The open-world design of Dragon's Dogma is particularly demanding: large-scale environments are packed full of detail, while the world is lit and shaded using a huge number of dynamic light sources, all of which put a burden on the current-gen consoles with their limited amounts of RAM and processing power. In that respect, adopting this particular kind of framebuffer set-up works as a performance-saving measure designed to reduce the overall pixel workload of both console's respective GPUs, so that these resources can be better spent enhancing the visuals elsewhere. There'll obviously be a RAM saving too in comparison to a standard 720p image buffer.

As a side effect this gives the game a slightly more cinematic look, while images appear as crisp as they would in a 'full-screen' 720p game

Can't wait to see what happens when developers like these are unleashed on the next-gen consoles smile.gif

Edit: this is that Iphone game/app whatever I was talking about yesterday:

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Oh wow that app is completely ridiculous, who the hell is going to spend nearly $100 on a bloody sprite for a game -_- I honestly don't know how these kind of things can make it onto the store, and how nobody has said that it is pretty much robbery at those prices.

So I've finally started revising for my first exam (this thursday) so I will probably only be on in the evenings for the next couple of weeks till my exams are over (Next thursday)

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:37)
GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS BELOW

Jedi - I think we did quite well in predicting who would survive for a while. Arya looks quite safe for now and it looks like my predictions were correct in that there is big things lined up for her. What was that sh*t about the different coloured eyes about!? I think she is going to become a shape-shifting assassin like Jaqen she met at Harrenhal. I think Jon Snow is going to be ok for a while too.

Was the eye comment refering to the colour eyes of the people she would kill or the colour eyes she would have? I'm interested to see what happens with Arya's friend who got taken away, he seems to play a pretty big part too. I'm still not digging any of the Bran segments but hopefully they'll get better soon. That would have probably been the best overall episode for me if not for the exclusion of Khaleesi. We're gonna have to wait and see if our prediction about the whole Theon torture thing is right, at the moment it's up in the air and he could be f*cking anywhere. It seems Little Finger and Joffrey have a little plan they're conjuring up, those two could be f*cking deadly especially with the "new experience" relating to killing/hunting (crossbowed the f*ck up).

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:59)
QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Monday, May 6 2013, 04:37)
GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS BELOW

Jedi - I think we did quite well in predicting who would survive for a while.  Arya looks quite safe for now and it looks like my predictions were correct in that there is big things lined up for her.  What was that sh*t about the different coloured eyes about!?  I think she is going to become a shape-shifting assassin like Jaqen she met at Harrenhal.  I think Jon Snow is going to be ok for a while too.

Was the eye comment refering to the colour eyes of the people she would kill or the colour eyes she would have? I'm interested to see what happens with Arya's friend who got taken away, he seems to play a pretty big part too. I'm still not digging any of the Bran segments but hopefully they'll get better soon. That would have probably been the best overall episode for me if not for the exclusion of Khaleesi. We're gonna have to wait and see if our prediction about the whole Theon torture thing is right, at the moment it's up in the air and he could be f*cking anywhere. It seems Little Finger and Joffrey have a little plan they're conjuring up, those two could be f*cking deadly especially with the "new experience" relating to killing/hunting (crossbowed the f*ck up).

I thought the same thing about whether it was the eyes of the people she'll kill in the future. Can't wait to see what happens with her. I dunno what will happen with her friend now. He'll probably get seduced by the Evil Ginger Bitch (her unofficial name) and tossed aside after she spawns one of those ethereal characters. I feel the same about the Bran segments. I really wish the Starks would actually do something instead of all this bullsh*t politics that gets them nowhere. I love the Lannister politics though. That conversation between Tywin and Grandma Tyrell was sick. I dunno what Little Finger is up to but he wont be around long with people like Tywin and Jamie around (once he gets back). I hope the Lord of Light forgives me for my lack of Game of Thrones knowledge.

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Jesus you'd think your conversation was about some high-classified black ops sh*t mercie_blink.gif

@King: the first code has expired and we didnt even finish the Halo campaign..... cooperatively atleast tounge.gif

Im not going to activate the next code for awhile because theres not alot of activity on Live latley, at the latest im going to activate it on May,20th so I can watch the new Xbox reveal live.

Also i'm going to buy End Game so I hope everybody is ready for the greatest CTF plays you'll ever see cool.gif

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Diggdydog, 06 May 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Just activate it now, Dboi. We've been fairly busy the past 2 days and the niggar D is back! So hop on wink and we'll have words! biggrin.gif

user posted image

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Jedi - I just rewatched it and she says "Eyes you'll shut forever". So I am guessing she kills niggas...

Cal - Give me a shout if you're up for playing some Guardian of Derp. I'll probably be on DD for the next few hours but I'll come off it to play with you. I just wanna get it completed now. Make sure you bring your co-op face and I'll try to bring mine.

Good games on GTA before btw. It was brief but I had fun all the same icon14.gif .

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

I should be on a bit later, after I do some more revision wow.gif Actually knuckling down so I am surprised haha

Also this:

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:22)
Jedi - I just rewatched it and she says "Eyes you'll shut forever". So I am guessing she kills niggas...

Got a little prediction for Jon Snow. I reckon the King of the North (not Rob) is going to die sometime either this season or next and Jon is going to be the new leader. Imagine that, Jon marching with all those f*cking wildings (wildlings?) and giants all the way the Kings Landing.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 07 May 2013 - 11:35 PM.

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:22)
Jedi - I just rewatched it and she says "Eyes you'll shut forever".  So I am guessing she kills niggas...

Got a little prediction for Jon Snow. I reckon the King of the North (not Rob) is going to die sometime either this season or next and Jon is going to be the new leader. Imagine that, Jon marching with all those f*cking wildings (wildlings?) and giants all the way the Kings Landing.

I'm pretty sure I said something similar last time we spoke (of GoT). It would be good. But why would he do that? To help Rob or because he suddenly realises that the whole realm is built on corruption and that too many of the people he cares about are dying? Not very likely seeing as he is so detached from civilization. Perhaps he'll rendezvous with Bran or somebody and get the lo-down. It would seem a pretty bold move travelling south with the White Walkers still to worry about. Remember he was sent there to protect the seven kingdoms. If he leaves then he would have abandoned the Black Watch (if there is anything left of it) which means there is no-one to protect the wall. My guess is that he will eventually travel south as TRUE leader of the north, going after Khaleesi's dragons with the dragon glass they found. I'm guessing it's used to kill dragons... It's going to interesting to see where the White Walkers come into it. If Jon does go south I'm guessing he'd leave some people to protect the wall. If that is the case they'll probably get over-run leaving the north is exposed and no-one there to protect it with all attention being on matters in the south. That'll change the politics a bit. I just hope Arya or Khaleesi get to sit on the throne by the time the books are finished. Maybe both?

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Game of Thrones fans, I just got a call from Microsoft for some beta program they wanted to if I wanted in. I said yes (didn't get in) and they were asking me questions to see if I qualified. They said it was for a show or movie that I would watch May 9th and fill out a survey about it afterwards. Some of the questions were asking if I like Sci Fi shows, if I like dramas, etc. Then they asked if I have HBO, if I saw the recent Star Trek movie, and if I saw the recent GoT episode.

So it sounds like there might be some Sci Fi Game of Thrones show/movie on the horizon. Just my speculation.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

I have to answer those same sort of questions when I fill out surveys for Xbox Rewards.

They were probably just trying to get statistical data so they know how to better market stuff to consumers on LIVE.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 08 May 2013 - 03:13 AM.

White people with no adversity, haha. I hope they make another season.

Yeah.

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Toke @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:29)
I have to answer those same sort of questions when I fill out surveys for Xbox Rewards.

They were probably just trying to get statistical data so they know how to better market stuff to consumers on LIVE.

I see where you could get that from, but before they asked me all of those questions they asked if I had time May 9th to watch a show or movie. That was the part that tipped me off thinking it may be a new show or something.

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Toke, 08 May 2013 - 04:05 AM.

QUOTE (beep41 @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 20:48)
QUOTE (Toke @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:29)

I see where you could get that from, but before they asked me all of those questions they asked if I had time May 9th to watch a show or movie. That was the part that tipped me off thinking it may be a new show or something.

Seems plausable. But is there anything slated for a premire on TV on the 9th? I personally can't recall anything.

@Sweaty- I watched the Quantum Leap episode on the JFK assasination yesterday. Turns out it was the Russians LOOL #beeppost

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 08 May 2013 - 04:37 AM.

QUOTE (Toke @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 04:02)
@Sweaty- I watched the Quantum Leap episode on the JFK assasination yesterday.  Turns out it was the Russians LOOL #beeppost

It's more likely that a Tusken Raider was on the grassy knoll than the bloody Russians!

user posted image

Cyril102031
  • Cyril102031

=AoD= PS3 Chapter Vice-President

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

SO mah new account is Chronotixx

Other one got banned and after a bunch of sh*t, wasn't able to get it back.

Send me a request guys, it would be much easier than me having to send all of you one...

Booze
  • Booze

Love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Didn't you put like a whole bunch of crap in your bio? After they had already temp banned you?

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 08 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

ALEX FERGUSON IS RETIRING AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!! ERMAHGERD!!! panic.gif

-----

Place your bets... Moyes or Mourinho?

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

@Sweaty: i have no idea who those people are so meh tounge.gif

An NFL from my hometown retired the other day. Dude played 20 years as a Kicker for the Detroit Lions.

Oh and away from sports have any of you see the 12 new screenshots from GameInformer? OMFG cant f*ckING WAIT. September is too far away. I feel like a crack whore tweaking for more info.

user posted image

According to GI the car customization is similar in detail to another R* title, Midnight Club.. mercie_blink.gif

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:36)
ALEX FERGUSON IS RETIRING AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!! ERMAHGERD!!! panic.gif

-----

Moyes. icon14.gif Which manager are you gonna hate the most in the Prem now? tounge2.gif

Regarding GoT: He might place someone like Sam (that's the guy, right?) in charge of guarding the wall with a few hundred wildlings. I think they would have killed off a character like that if he didn't have a big role to play in something. That will leave Snow enough time to claim the iron throne and then charge back up to the wall as Sam is being over run with whitewalkers. A bit of a long stretch but it could always happen.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:16 PM Edited by GTAking33, 08 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 09:43)
Oh and away from sports have any of you see the 12 new screenshots from GameInformer? OMFG cant f*ckING WAIT. September is too far away. I feel like a crack whore tweaking for more info.

[IMG[/IMG]

According to GI the car customization is similar in detail to another R* title, Midnight Club.. mercie_blink.gif

No, we don't pay attention to any news. What game is that? Why are you looking forward to September?

Psst, Hey Tubbs.
Link

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by DestructoBoi420_2.0, 08 May 2013 - 05:36 PM.

This is the greatest joke i've ever heard lol.gif

user posted image

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (DestructoBoi420_2.0 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 11:30)
This is the greatest joke i've ever heard lol.gif

[IMG]

Hey, Dboi.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:48)
QUOTE (SweatyPa1ms @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:36)
ALEX FERGUSON IS RETIRING AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!!  ERMAHGERD!!!  panic.gif

-----

Moyes. icon14.gif Which manager are you gonna hate the most in the Prem now? tounge2.gif

I dunno. I think the FERG-BOT 5000 will take over anyway wink.gif .

Booze
  • Booze

Love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well, FINALLY finished Lost Odyssey and FINALLY started playing Dragon's Dogma (for reals).

Behold: Spartacus, about to set out on an epic journey of derp!

user posted image

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Dude, you need some armour. You look like a paedo version of Robin Hood.

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Well it looks like it was Moyes who took the job at Man U, I'm sure he will do well there he is Scottish too!

Also I have my first exam tomorrow and it will be the hardest by far, wish me luck because I am going to need it.

Booze
  • Booze

Love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by Booze T, 09 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Good luck, Freckles!

Sweaty, this better?

user posted image

The first boss fight:

Second bossfight (this one wasn't too difficult either):

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

So we switched from sh*tty ass ATT...