» «
Photo

[WIP|SA|Rel] San An Interstate 420

80 replies to this topic
DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

CEO DeathSquad Industries

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:36 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 29 March 2009 - 09:29 PM.

user posted image

.. The San Andreas Interstate 420 Project (San An 420) is a GTA:SA Addon Map Mod (not a TC) which places an Interstate Grade highway around the border of the State of San Andreas. It is a very straight 4 lane 'luxury' sized laned floating highway system with only a few variations of elevation. It features several different ramp designs, and will feature other various features such as rest areas. In addition to the interstate itself, this map mod places several 'new' places around San Andreas.

[ Open Sections ]

- San An 420 Main Roadway
- The Odie-Illspirit Memorial Tunnel (Basic Version)
- The Legionaire Bridge
- Deathsquad HydroElectric
- Legionaire Construction Marina
- Centralia State Park (Basic Version)
- El Quebrados On/Off Ramp
- Verdant Meadows On/Off Ramp
- North Las Ventura Free-Flow Ramp

[ Closed / Under Development ]
- The Waterdeep Death Arena
- Deathsquad Highway Toll Plaza
- Angel Pine Ramp
- South Los Santos Ramp
- East Los Santos Ramp
- East Las Ventura Ramp
- South San Fierro Ramp
- North San Fierro Ramp
- Rest Areas
----------------------------------------------
[ Additional Zones ]

1. The Legionaire Bridge at Los Santos Bay: Original San An 420 Concept was to build new highway structures on the already existing 'San Andreas' highway system, and the Legionaire Bridge was the first section to be built. This creates a double decker 4 lane suspension bridge that connects lower southwest Los Santoas (airport area) with the lower southeast corner of the Countyside on the opposite side of the bay. The Los Santos approach is a 3 way lighted intersection, while the countyside approach and exit is a 'free' flow ramp.

2. Deathsquad Hydroelectrics: Located on the Los Santos side of the Legionaire Bridge is an old style hydroelectric powerdam based on one in my local area. A new landmass was built for the Legionaire Bridge approach, and those created a small bay with the original coastline. For some reason I felt there needed to be a powerdam here. The powerdam is fully 3d, though features no machinery. Future plans for it to be a safehouse and possible garage.

3. Legionaire Construction Marina: A medium size set of docks with a boat ramp. One size features boat docks while the opposite side features a pier. The pier has a substation for the powerhouse on it, and an 'Workers' break area with food venders. The dock side features a static model of my 1968 Stardust Houseboat (older version, will be updated). The boat ramp was actually used in an attempt to see if you could pull a boat out of the water with a trailer.

4. Centeria State Park: A new landmass on the western side of the Legionaire Bridge which will feature a heavily wooded natural area. Area still under heavy development, it is planned to feature Solo's Rockstar Heights house from his liberty city mod (used with permission) up on a small hill behind the old motel on the San An Highway, aka 'Bates Motel'. Behind the house itself will be a copy of my Morningwood Cemetary from the VC-420 mod.

5. The Waterdeep Death Arena: An outdoor stadium featuring the interior of the Vice City Demolition Derby arena outdoors. Still under development.

6. Deathsquad Plaza: An area which will feature my 3d skyscraper and a highway garage. The garage itself we hope to make into a large garage and save point.

7. The Odie-Illspirit Memorial Tunnel: A tunnel through the mountains in northern San Fierro (northwest corner of the game map). The interstate will go through this mountain ridge. The tunnel is dedicated to Odie (RIP) and Illspirit who constructed the Liberty City Intercity Highway, which is one of my main inspiration for buiding highways in the GTA world and basically with their mod, got me into modding. Despite the simple design of the tunnel, I plan to add two small man-sized tunnels on top of the first tunnel (air shafts) and a control building on top of the southern tunnel entrance. There will also be a toll plaza before the tunnel on the southern end.

[ HELP WANTED / WISH LIST ]

1. An SCM coder: There are multiple coding ideas we are looking help with...

- New Safehouse Locations: Save Locations and Garages located at the Powerhouse, the Tunnel Control House, Deathsquad Plaza and the Centeria State Park.

- A race around the interstate.

- A demolition derby in the Waterdeep Death Arena.

NOTE: I've been out of the modding loop since 2007, but if these CLEO scripts which I have yet to explore can do the same thing, then we are also looking for a Cleo Scripter.

2. Path Creator

- Someone to place paths around the Interstate. Currently under development since you cannot just add paths to San Andreas and no one has a 3dmax scene of all the paths. There is one program which can add paths to San Andreas but is difficult to use, and is in reserve as a 'last resort'.

[ San An 420 Version 0.75 ]

Features the Legionaire Bridge, Deathsquad HydroElectric and the Construction Marina, the main highway roadway around San Andreas, the Odie-Illspirit Tunnel through North San Fierro, roadsigns and ramps at El Quebrados, Verdant Meadows and North Las Ventura.

Enjoy!

Deathsquad Industries

San An Interstate 420 V0.75 [RAR|3.97mb]

San An Interstate 420 V0.75 [ZIP|6.03mb]

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

Nice! I will try it later on today, will report my findings here. smile.gif Also, I can offer help with some scripting, if you need it smile.gif

kimr120
  • kimr120

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

finally i can download this awesome map mod icon14.gif lol.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:20 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 02 March 2009 - 06:23 PM.

@NTAuthority: Yes, as the "Help Wanted / To Do" list at the bottom of the first post sounds off, I'm looking to turn the powerhouse into a safehouse with save location, maybe a clothing closet though I don't know how those fully work, and a race on the interstate. Simple stuff that I plan on experimenting with at some point, but its always a good thing to get another hand or two in the pot, I might never get to the SCM stuff myself.

Downloads should be available off of GTAGarage.Com probably sometime later today, just uploaded the rar version and promo post from above to it, pending approval at the moment.

user posted image

This is what I'm dubbing the 'Deathringer". In general it was the car I was spawning on the interstate to drive on it, love the engine sound for the car. Then I got into changing the handling, wanted to see how fast I could get the car going down the interstate, so far 350 mph seems to be the top end. Then I got into modding the actual car, since I suck as making cars. It has a 3d V8 motor, suspension, rear axle, drivetrain, exhaust and dashboard. The engine and suspension are only half mine, its taken from the 1966 Pontiac GTO that was released many eons ago (not the good looking 67) and yes I do have permission from the guy for use of the parts. I have to look up the file, I forget who made it now. The Dashboard is built by me, design taken from the 65 Pontiac GTO (love that car) and even includes actual gauge textures I made from actual gauges from a 65 GTO (can only find two, can't find the speedometer scan). The only thing I kept on the engine was the headers and block, everything else I made, including the exhaust headers, etc etc. Anyways, more on that later.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

Nice looking sh*t you got here. But i'm seriously waiting for version with ramps. Otherwise it's useless.

And why you don't add Deathproof like paintjob to Deathringer? notify.gif

Rsas
  • Rsas

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:37 PM Edited by Gangsta Killa, 02 March 2009 - 08:55 PM.

map is very nice

This preferred my map

malware link removed. - gk

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:51 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 02 March 2009 - 08:55 PM.

user posted image

More like this? I dig it, also for the record that's the first time I made a texture with an alpha, boy the things you learn...but I'm always up for small challenges. Good question is, what was on his hood, he's got a hood ornament but I've only seen the movie a few times. Ain't a skull or a Machdog, I remember that much...

And for god sakes don't download that file from Rsas, why you gotta be coming here to my tiny little corner of the forums and taint it with your malware soaked zips. Where's my stick. (Reported).

okei
  • okei

Dressed to kill like I'm Gianni Versace

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Mar 2 2009, 20:51)
And for god sakes don't download that file from Rsas, why you gotta be coming here to my tiny little corner of the forums and taint it with your malware soaked zips.  Where's my stick. (Reported).

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice. smile.gif

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (DeathSquad @ Mar 2 2009, 20:51)
he's got a hood ornament but I've only seen the movie a few times.

Well, i didn't seen that movie at all, just watched trailer and some posters. Yea it was skullhead, but why alpha? dozingoff.gif

P.S. Or that skull is brown, not alpha? Make it white. turn.gif

RavingxZombie
  • RavingxZombie

Beginner Map Builder

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:31 AM Edited by [EsN]Killswitch, 04 March 2009 - 06:00 AM.

Fixed the problem and good mod i be glad when you get those entry ways on the big road when it is finished off which from the looks of it just the hill across the golden gate good work glad to see that connected soon

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

You got any other mods in the game, excluding vehicles? I've gotten this error before, but I think I was missing an actual model file, which shouldn't be the case here, I tested this on a clean version of SA 1.0 (with no/cd) and it worked. Might double check the instructions, made sure you did everything needed, especially with the SA Limit Adjuster? Besides that, I'm not really sure, maybe if someone understands the crash error code in the SA-LA (like Sacky).

Also if anyone has gotten this installed, anyone else have a crash problem over by San Fierro? Say heading north on the interstate you come down that one graded section by the bridge in South San Fierro heading into SF, you get a short distance away from that point. I've tested mine, crashes everytime for me (will be working on that).

RavingxZombie
  • RavingxZombie

Beginner Map Builder

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:01 AM

oddly not me i been from closed end to closed end and no crashes for me but then i did crashed the second time it might be the limit adjuster maybe just a guess

Grove Street Boy
  • Grove Street Boy

Maggot for life!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

nice! I just tried the mod and i loved it! Hope to see the final version soon! tounge.gif

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

If here would be Odie, then this project seriously rant faster confused.gif

Later i will try to tell everything about crash that appears around SF.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:55 PM Edited by DeathSquad, 06 March 2009 - 08:59 PM.

QUOTE (Kowaah @ Mar 5 2009, 11:57)
If here would be Odie, then this project seriously rant faster

Could you rephrase that? I didn't translate well into english, I think you're saying if this was Odie's project (RIP), the project would be progressing faster? I might be mistaken though (anyone else?).

Going to work on the first set of ramps this weekend, hopefully. I'll just note that Deathsquad Industries is a one man freak show, and I'm neither a high schooler or college kid, so time is limited like most people, unfortunately. Ah, wouldn't it be nice to get paid for doing this kind of work, rather than just a hobby to pass away the -20'F winter days.

In other news that crash bug near SF has something to do with ped paths. It happens around the 5th light pole after the downward grade near the southern SF bridge leading into the city, and if I'm not mistaken there's a ped path on the beach directly beneath it. I should also note this is happening when I'm using that car, game might not like ped spawning with a car coming at it doing 300+ mph.

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (DeathSquad)

Could you rephrase that?  I didn't translate well into english, I think you're saying if this was Odie's project (RIP), the project would be progressing faster?  I might be mistaken though (anyone else?).

That's what I understood too.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

I've played with that map in Vice City and had a lot fun with it biggrin.gif
Nice Project you doing here icon14.gif

at72
  • at72

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

Ya, just let those kids talk - they simply don't have a f*****' clue of what people like you, Deathsquad, are doin' for us. In every showroom you got those nasty remarks and stupid questions like 'when is it done?'. They don't get an answer and so they think that they have to ask again. As if they have payed and wait for the product now. Really annoying!

I like this Interstate-map very much, but for my personal use I just kept the highway surrounding SA. That part inside is not (or not yet) fitting, I think. I didn't like how that piece of road close to the tunnel was just laying above the original road f.e. However, travelling with vmax around SA is great! Gas stations, diners, traffic and a couple of exits which are integrated nicely into SA's landscape would do it for me.

All in all really fantastic work, Deathsquad. Thank you!

Cheers,
Andrej

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

Well truthfully I really didn't think anything of the comment, been dealing with online people for over a decade, you get use to it, and the stuff just rolls off your back. And I usually just answer them, which I did. Bottom line, wait till yer on that hill sliding towards 30, and you shall know my pain! (j/k). I was just wondering what exactly he said since the sentence didn't translate over well.

@at72: I see what you're talking about and yeah, the road isn't suppose to just 'hover' a foot above the original road, its actually suppose to replace the original map section there, but ended up being off a touch. There's several places like that, especially on the highway and the graded sections. But this is why its v0.5, I mainly released what I have right now to possibly peek some interest in the mod, and maybe grab someone who wants to do a little SCM coding.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:33 AM Edited by DeathSquad, 08 March 2009 - 08:37 AM.

user posted image

And god said, let there be ramps. The above will be the main ramps used off the interstate, same style as the Legionaire Bridge's Western Approach and the ramps from the VCI (Vice City Interstate 420). I was planning on making several styles of ramps, but I think due to time and whatnot I'm sticking to just two different styles. Picture below shows the 2nd style under construction, this ramp is going to be a very simple ramp and not a 'free-flowing' design as the main ramps. It will probably be used for rest areas and or tight locations, as its only '3' pieces wide versus the free-flow ramps which are '5'.

There is going to be roughly 10 planned exits off the interstate, basically two in each major location. There will be two in Los Santos, one on the south end of the city near the Legionaire Bridge (or possibly connected right into the eastern approach), and one on the eastern side. In San Fierro there will be at least one ramp in the main city, and somehow a ramp near the harbor area in the north, depending on what I plan for that section. There will be two in the southern countryside and two in the northern countryside. There will be two in the northern/desert countryside, and two in Las Venturas.

And for the record all this work done today took roughly 8 hours to complete, and there is still several more hours of work to be done with this section of ramps, missing ends in the walls and such. Then comes building the other half of the ramps that actually connect with San Andreas.

user posted image

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

I can see some mapping issues on that ramp block, road textures misaligned wink.gif

Else it looks very freeway-esque icon14.gif

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

user posted image

Yeah I'm having some trouble getting pieces to align right, as seen above. I'm not really sure of the problem since when I do build these pieces, I basically make a section of highway for a base, so everything in theory -should- line up correctly, but then you get it in game and you get this, the center wall is square with each other, but the side wall is jutting outwards into the road, which is causing the textures to misalign. Fun fun.

I think once the roadway and ramps of the interstate are settled and 'finalized', I am basically going to rebuild the whole interstate again. Instead of single pieces copied over and over and over, I am going to basically duplicate the highway in Zmod, weld it all together, then break it up into large large chunks. This way all the walls and seams will have been welded together, and it should fix these little problems. For this moment in time though, I'm more about getting the structure up and layout settled.

FPl302
  • FPl302

★ Modder!!! ★

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Nice work!!! Keep going!!!

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

user posted image

First completed ramp, the L shape is due to the desert airport runway, didn't want to go overtop of it and make it useless. Didn't connect it to the SA Highway since there's a ramp already in that section, so this is a non-free-flowing ramp that intersects with the main northern country road in SA. It does look nice.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

user posted image

And tonight, we have a tunnel going into the side of the mountain. It might look kind of strange, but its mainly due to the angle the highway goes in at, its following a curved section. Inside the mountain the tunnel will head downwards and come out on the SF side, that'll come later. This of course will mean installers will have to replace a few files in the main img directory.

Peace out.

RavingxZombie
  • RavingxZombie

Beginner Map Builder

• Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:21 AM

i like the tunnel ideal and you might get it to the otherside by tomorrow night as i estimate but anynews about that San Ferro Bug at that bridge

Evel S. Fast
  • Evel S. Fast

aka Deadhart.

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

Wow the tunnel looks cool. It would be nice to have a big billboard on the top of it, and also a secret hideout in the big wall behind it.

DeathSquad
  • DeathSquad

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:31 AM

user posted image

That's kind of funny cause I was thinking either a large buildboard or hideout on top of that tunnel entrance. Think what I'm going to plan is a 'control' building on top of the San Fierro Side (seen above). The backside entrance will be some sort of 3d logo for Deathsquad Industries.

So with the exception of a small section, the I420 roadway is almost complete. I need make one large section of road which will have just a slight curve in it, which will complete the conncetions. Then there's the matter of the adjustment pieces in the curves, for those who have downloaded it, the 'majorly' overlapping sections I'm temporarily using.

[ Still Looking For Help ]

Looking for anyone who might be interested in doing some SCM coding for this mod, mainly looking to place a couple of hideout/save locations on the highway, and or include a highway race around the entire thing. Also need someone who knows how to work paths, so we can get traffic on it.

[ Version Beta 0.75 ]

Sometime this weekend or maybe early next week I plan on releasing another beta version of this mod, which will include all current work. I want to at least get the highway fully connected with itself, and two more ramps. So this version will feature a full interstate loop around San An including this tunnel, and will include at least three completed ramps on the northern end, and maybe one somewhere near the Legionaire Bridge on the southern end.

As said before, these releases are mainly to perk interest in the mod, and maybe snag someone to do paths and scm coding, that is on my possible 'to-do' list, but help is always a good thing.

DS

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

are you also gonna place pillars under the bridges? so they wont float?

Ultraussie
  • Ultraussie

With Sexy Company of CowGirl69 :P

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Nice....
I'll download it once you finish all the ramps off, and someone makes some sought of cleo script or something else so traffic goes on it.
Thankyou for making an awesome mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users