.. The San Andreas Interstate 420 Project (San An 420) is a GTA:SA Addon Map Mod (not a TC) which places an Interstate Grade highway around the border of the State of San Andreas. It is a very straight 4 lane 'luxury' sized laned floating highway system with only a few variations of elevation. It features several different ramp designs, and will feature other various features such as rest areas. In addition to the interstate itself, this map mod places several 'new' places around San Andreas.
[ Open Sections ]
- San An 420 Main Roadway
- The Odie-Illspirit Memorial Tunnel (Basic Version)
- The Legionaire Bridge
- Deathsquad HydroElectric
- Legionaire Construction Marina
- Centralia State Park (Basic Version)
- El Quebrados On/Off Ramp
- Verdant Meadows On/Off Ramp
- North Las Ventura Free-Flow Ramp
[ Closed / Under Development ]
- The Waterdeep Death Arena
- Deathsquad Highway Toll Plaza
- Angel Pine Ramp
- South Los Santos Ramp
- East Los Santos Ramp
- East Las Ventura Ramp
- South San Fierro Ramp
- North San Fierro Ramp
- Rest Areas
[ Additional Zones ]
1. The Legionaire Bridge at Los Santos Bay: Original San An 420 Concept was to build new highway structures on the already existing 'San Andreas' highway system, and the Legionaire Bridge was the first section to be built. This creates a double decker 4 lane suspension bridge that connects lower southwest Los Santoas (airport area) with the lower southeast corner of the Countyside on the opposite side of the bay. The Los Santos approach is a 3 way lighted intersection, while the countyside approach and exit is a 'free' flow ramp.
2. Deathsquad Hydroelectrics: Located on the Los Santos side of the Legionaire Bridge is an old style hydroelectric powerdam based on one in my local area. A new landmass was built for the Legionaire Bridge approach, and those created a small bay with the original coastline. For some reason I felt there needed to be a powerdam here. The powerdam is fully 3d, though features no machinery. Future plans for it to be a safehouse and possible garage.
3. Legionaire Construction Marina: A medium size set of docks with a boat ramp. One size features boat docks while the opposite side features a pier. The pier has a substation for the powerhouse on it, and an 'Workers' break area with food venders. The dock side features a static model of my 1968 Stardust Houseboat (older version, will be updated). The boat ramp was actually used in an attempt to see if you could pull a boat out of the water with a trailer.
4. Centeria State Park: A new landmass on the western side of the Legionaire Bridge which will feature a heavily wooded natural area. Area still under heavy development, it is planned to feature Solo's Rockstar Heights house from his liberty city mod (used with permission) up on a small hill behind the old motel on the San An Highway, aka 'Bates Motel'. Behind the house itself will be a copy of my Morningwood Cemetary from the VC-420 mod.
5. The Waterdeep Death Arena: An outdoor stadium featuring the interior of the Vice City Demolition Derby arena outdoors. Still under development.
6. Deathsquad Plaza: An area which will feature my 3d skyscraper and a highway garage. The garage itself we hope to make into a large garage and save point.
7. The Odie-Illspirit Memorial Tunnel: A tunnel through the mountains in northern San Fierro (northwest corner of the game map). The interstate will go through this mountain ridge. The tunnel is dedicated to Odie (RIP) and Illspirit who constructed the Liberty City Intercity Highway, which is one of my main inspiration for buiding highways in the GTA world and basically with their mod, got me into modding. Despite the simple design of the tunnel, I plan to add two small man-sized tunnels on top of the first tunnel (air shafts) and a control building on top of the southern tunnel entrance. There will also be a toll plaza before the tunnel on the southern end.
[ HELP WANTED / WISH LIST ]
1. An SCM coder: There are multiple coding ideas we are looking help with...
- New Safehouse Locations: Save Locations and Garages located at the Powerhouse, the Tunnel Control House, Deathsquad Plaza and the Centeria State Park.
- A race around the interstate.
- A demolition derby in the Waterdeep Death Arena.
NOTE: I've been out of the modding loop since 2007, but if these CLEO scripts which I have yet to explore can do the same thing, then we are also looking for a Cleo Scripter.
2. Path Creator
- Someone to place paths around the Interstate. Currently under development since you cannot just add paths to San Andreas and no one has a 3dmax scene of all the paths. There is one program which can add paths to San Andreas but is difficult to use, and is in reserve as a 'last resort'.
[ San An 420 Version 0.75 ]
Features the Legionaire Bridge, Deathsquad HydroElectric and the Construction Marina, the main highway roadway around San Andreas, the Odie-Illspirit Tunnel through North San Fierro, roadsigns and ramps at El Quebrados, Verdant Meadows and North Las Ventura.
San An Interstate 420 V0.75 [RAR|3.97mb]
San An Interstate 420 V0.75 [ZIP|6.03mb]