Quantcast

» «
Photo

Linking GTAGarage mods to Mod Showroom topics

14 replies to this topic
Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

Greetings GTA modders, as some of you starting new topics in the Mod Showroom may have noticed, you are now able to 'link' these topics to a mod you have submitted on GTAGarage. This feature is only available to the sub-forums of the Mod Showroom, and is designed to allow you to take advantage of the free and reliable mod hosting available at GTAGarage without losing the comment and criticism provided by the forums. Existing topics can also have mods linked to them if the topic creator edits the first post of the topic and selects the desired mod from the list.

Related things to take note of:
  • Currently all submitted mods, files and screens on GTAGarage require approval by a moderator (which usually takes a maximum of 24 hours). Once approved, files and screenshots will appear in a designated area at the bottom of the first post of a linked topic. More information on this is available on the Submit page at GTAGarage.
  • A linked GTAGarage mod will also have an additional link added to its page, encouraging users to post in the associated topic at GTAF.
  • You may only link one GTAGarage mod with one topic, and vice versa.
IMPORTANT:
This feature has partly been introduced to combat an influx of mods hosted at file sharing websites such as megaupload.com and rapidshare.com. The free solutions offered by many of these sites are designed for transfers of files between a select amount of users in a short amount of time. These download links will soon expire after posting, rendering the Mod Showroom archives useless to those browsing the forums in the future. Considering the ease and availability of mod hosting solutions that we and others now provide, and that these external solutions effectively equate to a mod being released 'by email' or to instant messaging contacts, any links at risk of expiring are now considered counterproductive and will be removed.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Great work, STM. Absolutely great work, another advancement to GTA Garage icon14.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Super, I immediately added it to the Design Your Own Mission-topic. icon14.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

Great new feature, STM.
Good idea and excellently executed. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

I wondered what the hell was up with all those test topics sprouting up! Good work Tom, GTAG is looking damn hot now smile.gif .

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

Impressive. I was waiting for something like this. I really never update on GTAgrage, this will be very usefull for me.

Added to BioHazard's topic icon14.gif

seems that i will have to update GTAGarage profile now. biggrin.gif

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

Excellent addition STM! I saw this on some topic and I didn't know more or less what this was about, but this looks good

Only one thing:

You may only link one GTAGarage mod with one topic, and vice versa.

There is no way to link in one topic to two different garage mods? Like for example, having a vehicle release for two games (VC and SA, or IV)... I think having two different topics and two different gtagarage is useless. Maybe adding to GtaG the hability to choose different games, or something.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Mar 2 2009, 13:34)
Excellent addition STM! I saw this on some topic and I didn't know more or less what this was about, but this looks good

Only one thing:

You may only link one GTAGarage mod with one topic, and vice versa.

There is no way to link in one topic to two different garage mods? Like for example, having a vehicle release for two games (VC and SA, or IV)... I think having two different topics and two different gtagarage is useless. Maybe adding to GtaG the hability to choose different games, or something.

This is exactly the plan actually. GTAG is already designed to consolidate different versions of mods by allowing for multiple files to be added; the Works With Game field is to be turned into checkboxes rather than a dropdown list, so multiple files for different games can be added too smile.gif

QUOTE (goin-god @ Mar 2 2009, 02:50)
seems that i will have to update GTAGarage profile now.  biggrin.gif

Muhahaha, all part of my evil scheme tounge2.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

I dont know if its me.. but.. Something is weird.

In my recently created topic i linked the GTAgarage page with it. I woke up the next day and found it wasnt linked anymore, relinked it. And the next day the same happened... i dont know i thougth i may have edited it by accident.

But today the same happened! I have to link the page again.. and maybe tomorrow it wont be linked anymore.... again.

Any ideas?

Topic:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=400900

edit: The same happened with my TC bioahzard alert i see! I linked it with its gtagarage page on March 1st, and it was still linked yesterday... now its not.

And you can see the last edit was in March 1, when i linked them confused.gif
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=270004

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

There was a bug in the code that meant whenever somebody edited a post in your topic, it would remove the GTAG link in the first post. I fixed it yesterday, it shouldn't happen again smile.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Mar 5 2009, 19:34)
There was a bug in the code that meant whenever somebody edited a post in your topic, it would remove the GTAG link in the first post. I fixed it yesterday, it shouldn't happen again smile.gif

Yep, working again. icon14.gif

Good work. cookie.gif

boyslikegirls
  • boyslikegirls

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

how to add files?.......

.DEATHWISH.
  • .DEATHWISH.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=18123

MichaelKnight1
  • MichaelKnight1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

How Can I changer Discuss in GTA Garage To GTA Forums . With each explanation I want all comment put in my mod showroom .so for example this mod .
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=20120
in the Below You Will Find This word ''Discuss this mod at GTAForums'' I want like that

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:17 PM Edited by fireguy109, 07 April 2012 - 11:19 PM.

Create a topic for your mod in the mod showroom, then on the bottom of the page select the mod for which you are making the topic. Make the topic, and it'll automatically associate the topic with the mod and vice versa. You can't link multiple mods to one topic though.

I swear, I just want to punch you in the face sometimes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users