Photo

2 PS3s behind the same router?

12 replies to this topic
roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

I cant get me and m8s PS3 to work online at the same time when behind the same router. He hosts the match, but when I join, after a while it kicks me out with "the connection to one or more players has been lost". When I try to rejoin, I get the message "kicked by host" over and over again.

Its so f*cking annoying. I can play behind my router no problem on my own. Soon as a m8 brings his PS3 round, it dont work.

I tried changing options on the router but with no luck (dmz, nat translation, ipsec) none of it makes a difference.

It also only occurs on GTA. I'm using a Buffalo router

If anyone has got around it, I'd be glad to hear from ya.

cheers

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

you got uPnP enabled? if so try turning it off

your not using the asos are you, and manual setting them up?

roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

if you turn uPnP off, does that mean having to forward the ports manually?

asos?

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

http://www.buffalo-t...echnology/aoss/

edit:- ops put the s in wrong place lol aoss

erm maybe thats your problem then... you should forward them...

roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

not using wireless - wired connections only. Wont let me forward same ports for more than one ip address

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

should only need to do it for one to get it into a open nat.. the other one should be fine on a strict...

mind you, you said dmz is not working like... maybe they is a firmware update for your router?

is one of the ps3s showing a (nat of type 1 )? when in dmz

roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

it has something to do with the UDP port. Wont accept two connections on one router. If you google "2 PS3s behind router", others have had issues as well. I have tried DMZ - doesnt work. Both PS3s have NAT 2. GTA is the only game that causes a problem.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

ye I think they said it would show as "nat2 when I got down, guy just labeled it wrong", well maybe one other thing you could try is sticking one in dmz and port forwarding the other? tryied it that way..

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

maybe cod4 holds the answer as this guy says

Dude go to your router page and setup separate ports for each PS3-You need to assign each PS3 its own IP address then you can set them to different port ranges-Check COD4 forums for the best ones and save them on your router page. I had my friend bring his PS3 over and hook it up to my piece of crap Linksys router and it worked after it was setup properly so just tinker with it until you can get a good connection on both .Good Luck

roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

i think I ve got the problem. My router wont let me assign the same udp port for more than one ip address. That would explain why one of us always gets kicked out.

Only letting 1 PS3 communicate with the UDP port, basically.

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

anyone know what the hell is "port triggering" and if it will work....

have you got that, menu in your router?

"make sure you setup port triggering instead and both you and your house mates will be able to play in the same room with multiple consoles behind 1 connection.."

roadieX
  • roadieX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

my router only has one kind of port forwarding. Anyone know if theres a router that will open the same UDP port for more than one ip address? It works with TCP but not UDP.

devil.gif

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:17 PM Edited by logitechdog, 26 February 2009 - 10:19 PM.

maybe you should go to a expert site.. don't think anyone here knows more than basic setting of a router up, including me and some don't have a clue...

or even so have you tried contacting your router maker... and asking them for advice.. making sure you tell them fully what your trying to do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users