GTAIV: TLAD Secrets & Easter Eggs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic
GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:53 PM Edited by gta_talk, 26 February 2009 - 09:11 AM.

..::GTAForums.com Official Secrets and Easter Eggs Topic::..

This list has been helped put together by the members of GTAForums.com, Many thanks to the people that Helped

If you want to find a Secret Or Easter Egg quicker , or you believe you found an undiscovered Secret or Easter Egg. Press Ctrl + F , just to check if it is already here.

!!Caution: There may be spoilers below. Look at you own risk!!

Please Fill one of these in, if you wish to send an egg or secret, if you don't, it will be unlikely ill post it.

CODE

Section: what section you think it deserves to go in I.E. Real-Life References.

Easter Egg Name: Put the name of the Easter Egg or Secret Here.

Notes: Describe where or what the egg or secret is.

Picture (Optional):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The List
If you wish to post a Secret Or Easter Egg please try to send a picture or a exact location so someone else can get a picture of it. you don't have to but this so people don't send in fake Easter Eggs.

I have organized the secrets & easter eggs by category. These categories are:
•Rockstar References
•Sex References
•Previous Grand Theft Auto References
•Musical References
•Movie References
•Television References
•Manhunt References
•Real-Life References
•Other Game References
•Miscellaneous References/Secrets
•Possible References/Secrets
•Unconfirmed References

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rockstar References - The people at Rockstar love to put their logo everywhere they can. Here's a list of what's been found so far:

Sex References - The pervs at rockstar really love hiding sexual content in their games. Here's a list of what's been found:

Grand Theft Auto References - Rockstar has included quite a few references to previous Grand Theft Auto Games. Here's a list:

1. Niko
Niko the main character from GTA: IV. The end credits of The Lost & Damned show various missions in Niko Bellics story, including Romans sorrow, bleed out,uncle vlad, museum piece & three leaf clover. (thanks Pr0xy_fl00d3r) but there are lots of references to Niko and the storyline of GTA:IV, what do you expect it is the add-on for GTA IV

Musical References - There's a few references to music in Liberty City also. Here's what's been found so far:

Movie References - There also are a few items that are meant to refer to movies.

1. Wayne's World
There's a car called a Rhapsody that can be found in-game. It is very similar to the one that Wayne and Garth drive in the movie Wayne's World. If you open the door and zoom in to the dashboard, there is a photo of Wayne and Garth taped onto it. Also, the car's name - Rhapsody - is a nod to the famous 'Bohemiam Rhapsody' scene from the movie. (thank to Marquischacha for the words and Enjoii for the discovery)

2. Silence of The Lambs
In Stubbs' second mission 'Off Route', during the cut scene before you steal the prison bus, a prisoner is being led out with a face mask similar to Hannibal Lecter's in the movie 'Silence of The Lambs'. The cop also says 'I saw what you did to that orderly!'. In the movie, Lecter tears out an orderly's tongue with his teeth. (thanks Marquischacha)

3. Come Out To Play!
In the mission 'Bad Standing', when you're running through the hideout looking for Brian, Johnny calls out, 'Brian, come out to play', in a style similar to that of Luther from the 1979 movie 'The Warriors'. Also, Rockstar adapted 'The Warriors' into a game in 2005.(thanks Marquischacha)

Television References - Ahh, yes. The world of TV. It isn't a surprise that there would be a few references to television in Liberty City.

Manhunt References- Manhunt, one of Rockstar's other great games, makes appearences in Liberty City. There are so many Manhunt references that it is deserving of it's own section in my list. Here they are:

Real-Life References - There is also quite a few easter eggs that refer to things in real life. Whether it be a landmark, a store, a music icon, or just a person, it's here. Here's the list:

1. Frankie Boyle
Frankie Boyle the Scottish comedian, seen on shows such as 'Mock The Week', can be seen in a Ricky Gervais style appearance in the comedy club 'split sides'.

Other Game References - Rockstar also placed a few references to other video games, mainly talking sh*t about them.

Miscellaneous References/Secrets - Just a list of secrets and easter eggs that don't fit into any other category.

Possible References/Secrets - These items appear to have been placed in the games for a reason. Maybe they are easter eggs that we haven't found the link to. But so far it is unsure what the reference is or if there even is a reference. Some may have a reference, but may only be a glitch.

Unconfirmed References. - These are what I like to call" Unconfirmed References". They have been listed in this topic, but I need confirmation like a picture or something.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

The end credits of The Lost & Damned show various missions in Niko Bellics story, including Romans sorrow, bleed out,uncle vlad, museum piece & three leaf clover.

Niko is also seen in the opening video in Alderney, he is seen bumping into a pedestrian.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Ace

• Members
  • England
  • Best New Member 2009
    Most Helpful GTA Series 2009

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to take credit away from anyone but the Rhapsody easter egg was posted several times before Marquischacha posted it.
And the credits are an easter egg of sorts, they show clips from several happenings throughout GTA IV.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

There are loads of Niko references, including Billy calling him serbian, and theres also mentions on the radio of the happenings of Romans Sorrow.

GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Feb 24 2009, 17:57)
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to take credit away from anyone but the Rhapsody easter egg was posted several times before Marquischacha posted it.
And the credits are an easter egg of sorts, they show clips from several happenings throughout GTA IV.

sorry added you to the credits.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

The ringtone "pager" is music from Vice City.

KingBulleT 8747
  • KingBulleT 8747

LOL

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

Fail. The Ringtone is in the Handy since GTA IV without TLaD and the Rington Pager is of Liberty City's Peepser.

ARSENALFC
  • ARSENALFC

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

For Real-Life References, it could be that scottish comedian Frankie Boyle is in the game. smile.gif

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Raptomex @ Feb 24 2009, 19:39)
The ringtone "pager" is music from Vice City.

Only if you're a fa**ot and your first GTA was Vice City K-CHING

It's the GTA theme.

timthelegend93
  • timthelegend93

the legend.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

i made one of these easter egg things but got no replies to speak of, why sad.gif waaaah.

super ubergeist
  • super ubergeist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

I don't really consider things like scenes from Niko's story as easter eggs.

someone88
  • someone88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

Though I like the addon overall, the lack of easter eggs is fairly depressing confused.gif

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

Mentioned this in some other thread:

Niko Spotted

In the beginning of the introduction, Niko Bellic was shown roaming the streets of Alderney. He pushed into some civilian, in which the civilian flamed Niko. Niko then responded in Serbian "f*ck you too" and walked away.

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:26 PM Edited by Marquischacha, 24 February 2009 - 08:30 PM.

Yeah, I wasn't the first to point out the Rhapsody egg - I just had an attempt at writing a Secrets/Easter Eggs thread - this one looks much better though smile.gif

And to someone88 - yeah, I'd expected a few more. I probably haven't noticed much since I've not completed the story yet.

Thing is, with Rockstar, a lot of the Easter Eggs are put into the city in the form of advertisements, car names, TV shows etc. And I guess the interplay between Johnny and Niko's storys kind of serve as secrets sometimes. I dunno. I'm sure more eggs will pop up at some point biggrin.gif

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Augh, sorry for double post, but forgot to mention this one. Spoiler alert, be careful.

In the mission 'Bad Standing', when you're running through the hideout looking for Brian, Johnny calls out, 'Brian, come out to play', in a style similar to that of Luther from the 1979 movie 'The Warriors'. Also, Rockstar adapted 'The Warriors' into a game in 2005.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ Feb 24 2009, 21:26)

Niko Spotted

In the beginning of the introduction, Niko Bellic was shown roaming the streets of Alderney. He pushed into some civilian, in which the civilian flamed Niko. Niko then responded in Serbian "f*ck you too" and walked away.

err just thinking about that niko didnt have access to that island at that point in GTAIV did he? Actually didnt niko arrive just after the terrorist warning?

//JohnnyGat\\
  • //JohnnyGat\\

//--TheLost&Damned--\\

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Feb 24 2009, 21:39)

Niko Spotted

err just thinking about that niko didnt have access to that island at that point in GTAIV did he? Actually didnt niko arrive just after the terrorist warning?

He Was In The Beginning Credits. He Bangs Into Some Black Guy

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (//JohnnyGat\\ @ Feb 24 2009, 23:17)

Niko Spotted

Yeah I think what the oysterbarron meant was that when the Lost are cruising through Alderney, at that point in Niko's storyline, he wasn't able to access Alderney?

Actually, come to think of it, didn't the Lost go over to Algonquin and that's where Niko appeared? Augh, I don't remember.

NJSpeedbeast
  • NJSpeedbeast

Are You Crying?

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

There are numerous references to the recession and also the peanut butter scare.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Marquischacha @ Feb 24 2009, 23:23)
QUOTE (//JohnnyGat\\ @ Feb 24 2009, 23:17)

Niko Spotted

Yeah I think what the oysterbarron meant was that when the Lost are cruising through Alderney, at that point in Niko's storyline, he wasn't able to access Alderney?

Actually, come to think of it, didn't the Lost go over to Algonquin and that's where Niko appeared? Augh, I don't remember.

yeah you got it, even if they did dont think niko has access still till at least after elizabetha missions, started replaying GTAIV before i got lost and damned, just got upto the liz torres mission and the police are still blocking the bridge.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Marquischacha @ Feb 24 2009, 20:36)
Augh, sorry for double post, but forgot to mention this one. Spoiler alert, be careful.

In the mission 'Bad Standing', when you're running through the hideout looking for Brian, Johnny calls out, 'Brian, come out to play', in a style similar to that of Luther from the 1979 movie 'The Warriors'. Also, Rockstar adapted 'The Warriors' into a game in 2005.

He actually says Brian come out to pay-ay. haha. best line in the game imo

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (super ubergeist @ Feb 24 2009, 18:59)
I don't really consider things like scenes from Niko's story as easter eggs.

Well they are, not all easter eggs are like the "heart of the city" one you know. It is merely a reference to the protagonist on another game. The showing of Nikos story in the credits was awesome, that was a pretty huge easter egg as it shows Luis fernando Lopez escaping across the roof on the Museum piece part of the credits.

Also, the Warriors one was pretty cool, I loved that film...& the game.

GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

could you fill one these in. that way it makes my job easier

CODE

Section: what section you think it deserves to go in I.E. Real-Life References.

Easter Egg Name: Put the name of the Easter Egg or Secret Here.

Notes: Describe where or what the egg or secret is.

Picture (Optional):

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Ace

• Members
  • England
  • Best New Member 2009
    Most Helpful GTA Series 2009

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

If you're looking for a picture of the Wayne's World photo in the Rhapsody, there's one here.

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Not sure if this is any good, I'll fill it in anyway.

Section: Movie References.

Easter Egg Name: Come Out To Play!

Notes: In the mission 'Bad Standing', when you're running through the hideout looking for Brian, Johnny calls out, 'Brian, come out to play', in a style similar to that of Luther from the 1979 movie 'The Warriors'. Also, Rockstar adapted 'The Warriors' into a game in 2005.

Picture (Optional):

Douglasq
  • Douglasq

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:25 AM

In the museum mission, you can see Niko running around. If you're quick, you can kill him. If you do, the mission fails, and you ring Ray and he says something like "Oh no, not Nicky...I mean, I never liked the guy but they don't usually come that f*cking cheap"
I think (and I might be wrong) that I also got a glimpse of Johnny when I played that mission as Niko, I dunno what happens if you kill him then (if he IS there)

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (//JohnnyGat\\ @ Feb 24 2009, 22:17)

Niko Spotted

I don't think that was supposed to be taken seriously like it was just put in so people would say "Hey there's Niko" and have a little giggle.

The bridges being closed was just put into GTA 4 as a plot device to encourage people to stay in Broker untill Bohan was unlocked etc. and to give a sense of progression aswell. Johnny's story begins before Niko gets to Bohan and there's no mention of bridges being closed. This is because chances are if your playing that game you have already completed GTA 4 so they don't want to punish you in a sense by putting you back to square one.

This type of thing happens all the time in video games like how many times have we all begun a level of a game where you turn around to go through the door you just came through only for the game to prevent you from doing so. Like there's nothing in real life that would prevent you from going back through a door you just entered. You have a f*cking Rocket launcher use that! But you can't... It's the same reason why you can fit that same rocket launcher on your person and have it remain invisible untill selected even though you're carrying twelve other weapons as big as your leg.

It's a game!! Don't got so caught up about technicallities... Just enjoy it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 31 2009, 15:05)
QUOTE (//JohnnyGat\\ @ Feb 24 2009, 22:17)

Niko Spotted

I don't think that was supposed to be taken seriously like it was just put in so people would say "Hey there's Niko" and have a little giggle.

The bridges being closed was just put into GTA 4 as a plot device to encourage people to stay in Broker untill Bohan was unlocked etc. and to give a sense of progression aswell. Johnny's story begins before Niko gets to Bohan and there's no mention of bridges being closed. This is because chances are if your playing that game you have already completed GTA 4 so they don't want to punish you in a sense by putting you back to square one.

This type of thing happens all the time in video games like how many times have we all begun a level of a game where you turn around to go through the door you just came through only for the game to prevent you from doing so. Like there's nothing in real life that would prevent you from going back through a door you just entered. You have a f*cking Rocket launcher use that! But you can't... It's the same reason why you can fit that same rocket launcher on your person and have it remain invisible untill selected even though you're carrying twelve other weapons as big as your leg.

It's a game!! Don't got so caught up about technicallities... Just enjoy it.

im not sure correct me if im wrong but when niko first comes to liberty there is a terrorist threat going on of witch if i remember correctly johnny triggers in a later mission of his meaning niko wouldnt have been in LC at that point of the game.

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

This might be the dumbest post in this topic, but what does and Easter egg exactly means ? movie reference or what ?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

a game secret or funny refrence, all the way upto penis shaped objects. pretty much covers it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users