Photo

[Q] Make the npcs stop behind my car

67 replies to this topic
DaRkMiLlEnIuM
  • DaRkMiLlEnIuM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to bump an extremely old post, but I'm trying to get the suggested to work but they aren't cooperating.

The script posted by Hazard doesn't affect anything and the peds still drive around.
The .asi script above does a horrible job at stopping them. The peds just gear up and gradually lurch their way around.

Is there anything available that will work with the latest C++ scripthook or another asi?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

I know Hazard's script used to work quite well, so I guess a patch or scripthook update broke it. Perhaps he could fix the script if you ask him about it, either by PM or in the .NET scripthook thread.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Harzard... Would you plz update the source code? colgate.gif

Kucikuc24
  • Kucikuc24

C/C++ Developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

if you want make LCPD cars stop behind your car, you can use GetClosestCar and if is closest car some police model, use FreezeCar

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

I asked about this in the scripthook thread, and Hazard said it still works the same as always. Someone else pointed out several bugs (which aren't new I think), but I don't think Hazard intends to fix them.

Areppon
  • Areppon

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Aug 3 2010, 01:24)
I asked about this in the scripthook thread, and Hazard said it still works the same as always. Someone else pointed out several bugs (which aren't new I think), but I don't think Hazard intends to fix them.

Yeah, I agree that it still works the same as always. I've always had those bugs ever since I started using it the day it was posted. I've seen this topic quite a few times in the past and it's unfortunate that the interest doesn't seem to be high. I personally think it just needs optimization but I know negative nothing about VB. I had tried to translate it into c# a while back but angry.gif suicidal.gif
It would be nice if some one that knows VB would take a look at it though. I'm certain with all the updates to the scripthook it could be fairly well optimized. If there's interest I'll see if I can find what I did, post it and maybe I can get some help picking it apart and making it work? After all, Hazard did the hard part, he gave us the tools to make what we want. It's up to us to make it if we want it. I want it (and I'll do my best to make it), but I'm a total newbie and need lots of help.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

I just tried it yesterday and I didn't experience any problems.
The only "bad" thing about this mod, is that other cars simply won't move an inch if you stop on the middle of the highway - They don't get irritated or honk the horn or anything sigh.gif

MyNameSucks
  • MyNameSucks

Derp

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Okay, this is VERY old post, but I downloaded this, and it doesn't work. My car won't move properly, it won't accelerate.
Fixes/New info?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users