Photo

Petition

25 replies to this topic
scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

As the majority of you know, the PC version has a Video Editor. I was quite disappointed that the console version didn't have, at least, an Instant Replay feature. It makes sense. With Euphoria, the things that can happen are fantastic, and half the time, you don't get to see it due to the speed you are going in a vehicle.

I would pay extra just to get an Instant Replay feature, as I'm sure others would be prepared to do the same. The PC can keep their Video Editor exclusive (although, if I'm honest, I'd love that to be on the console version too) but why can't the consoles get a Replay feature?

Now, on to the petition. I would like to start a petition to see how many people would like this included through DLC (NOT the episodic 360 packs). But - how do I go about making up an online petition? I've never set one up before so I was hoping someone could tell me how, or said person could set it up for me and get credit for it.

I was thinking of sending an E-mail to Rockstar to see what they had to say about this. If I get a reply I will share it with you all.

Thanks for reading. wink.gif

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Its not the game that needs it, its the sodding platforms overall. PS3, 360 We are in next gen yet all we are seeing is next gen games not next gen features from our consoles. Microsoft and Sony need to bloody open their eyes and realize that their work ain't done, they need to put these features into the consoles + more.

EDIT: Not a replay feature, but more specifically a game action recorder and screenshot takers.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

Xbox gets DLC, PC gets video editor, PS3 gets nothing, its a cruel world.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind the video editor on the console.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

Its not really the Video Editor I'm talking about. We console owners will never get the Video Editor, sadly ( cryani.gif ) but a Replay feature where we could, possibly, save clips of things we did and be able to view them again, perhaps through the TV. If we had something like that, it would just complete this game for me. smile.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

The video editor is a great feature. I hope it comes to the console versions.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

It won't though, thats what I'm saying.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Ace

• Members
  • England
  • Best New Member 2009
    Most Helpful GTA Series 2009

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ Feb 21 2009, 16:55)
Its not really the Video Editor I'm talking about. We console owners will never get the Video Editor, sadly ( cryani.gif ) but a Replay feature where we could, possibly, save clips of things we did and be able to view them again, perhaps through the TV. If we had something like that, it would just complete this game for me. smile.gif

I believe on skate 2 you're able to replay things and then upload them to their website. That would be a petty good feature for GTA although again, is unlikely to happen.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

So is anyone going to help me make up this petition?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

I tell you what most PC gamers would happily give up the video editor in exchange for not having the game SPOILED because console gamers get it 7 months EARLIER. So how about this give PC gamers the game FIRST then console gamers can get the game 7 months later and with some poxy replay editor that hardly anyone uses. Yeah want to give that a try for a change ?

Dreakon
  • Dreakon

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

How about consoles can get the video editor if the PC can get The Lost And The Damned. wink.gif

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Feb 21 2009, 17:20)
I tell you what most PC gamers would happily give up the video editor in exchange for not having the game SPOILED because console gamers get it 7 months EARLIER. So how about this give PC gamers the game FIRST then console gamers can get the game 7 months later and with some poxy replay editor that hardly anyone uses. Yeah want to give that a try for a change ?

Settle down, don't get your knickers in a twist just because you choose to play PC rather then console. Do you see us balling over not getting WoW or Crysis or whatever? No.

God, i do detest people like you.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ Feb 21 2009, 13:19)
So is anyone going to help me make up this petition?

I support you Scotland4lyf

Updog
  • Updog

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

HA HA HA

Asking R* for something you actually want?? Pshh... This post will go unread and unanswered for eternity.

Where were they when we screamed give us rocket launchers, airplanes, ect.? They were too busy worrying about Johnny's story... Who fuuucckkkinnngggg carrress?!?!?!??!?!!

The story lasts as long as you play the story mode. When you f*ck around and do other sh*t is when you get the replayability.

R* eat my cock. You suck.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Settle down, don't get your knickers in a twist just because you choose to play PC rather then console. Do you see us balling over not getting WoW or Crysis or whatever? No.

Do you see me demanding a petition to get the PC version out at the same time as the consoles ? No you don't. I was merely pointing out that there is a reason why the PC version got enhancements over the console version. The PC version usually does because a) it is more powerful and b) we have had to wait longer for it.

However this topic was started by a CONSOLE user going "it isn't fair that the PC has the replay editor I want one too". As for you "detesting people like me" well I really couldn't give a toss to be honest.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Feb 21 2009, 18:38)

Do you see me demanding a petition to get the PC version out at the same time as the consoles ? No you don't. I was merely pointing out that there is a reason why the PC version got enhancements over the console version. The PC version usually does because a) it is more powerful and b) we have had to wait longer for it.

However this topic was started by a CONSOLE user going "it isn't fair that the PC has the replay editor I want one too". As for you "detesting people like me" well I really couldn't give a toss to be honest.

Did I ever say ONCE in my posts that I didn't think it was fair that PC users got the Video Editor? No, I didn't. I would gladly exchange TLAD for a Video Editor (although I wouldn't pay 13 for it). I have no problem with the PC getting the Video Editor and I didn't ask for one for the console. I asked for a REPLAY FEATURE so we can view something like the last minute of what we just did in-game.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Updog @ Feb 21 2009, 18:38)
HA HA HA

Asking R* for something you actually want??  Pshh...  This post will go unread and unanswered for eternity.

Where were they when we screamed give us rocket launchers, airplanes, ect.?  They were too busy worrying about Johnny's story...  Who fuuucckkkinnngggg carrress?!?!?!??!?!!

The story lasts as long as you play the story mode.  When you f*ck around and do other sh*t is when you get the replayability. 

R* eat my cock.  You suck.

Oh, and we already have rocket launchers. wink.gif

If we manage to get together enough signatures then maybe they will take notice. Irrational, the geniuses behind BioShock, made a Collector's Edition of the game. Why? Take-Two said that if the fans managed to accumulate 5,000 signatures, they would deeply consider it. And what happened? One came out for it.

I'm sure Rockstar would be prepared to release one, although it would cost, if we managed to get a large amount of signatures. Stop being negative. If we actually manage to send it to Rockstar then, you never know, we might just get it.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

Bump

numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ Feb 21 2009, 11:55)

Why couldn't we have a video editor? Skate (1 & 2) both have video editors. Sure, you can only see about the last 30 or 40 seconds of your action, but there is indeed a video editor available, and it's on consoles. So it is highly possible.

And to the tool that's crying for rocket launchers...yeah, there's rocket launchers there, maybe you should look around a bit. All you have to do is go to the gun shop. You don't even have to search for it.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Yes, I know we could have one. But I'm saying that we WON'T get one simply because it will always be a PC exclusive.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ Feb 22 2009, 15:12)
Yes, I know we could have one. But I'm saying that we WON'T get one simply because it will always be a PC exclusive.

I am just wondering can you clarify what you mean by that ? There is no such thing as a "PC exclusive feature" if Rockstar wanted to put the replay editor or a replay feature into the console version of GTA 4 there is nothing to stop them.

I would hazard a guess the main reason why the consoles don't get the feature is down to technical issues. Both consoles have very little ram. We have seen that using the console settings on the PC uses up nearly 400mbs of video ram, which leaves just 100mbs left for all the cars, peds physics etc. Now before you go "oh well blah blah has a replay feature" this is GTA 4 we are talking about here. The PC has the replay feature because it has stacks of ram.

It is possible Rockstar may try to implement some sort of replay feature in the next GTA for the consoles but I believe it will come down to resources agan. The clip capture feature uses RAM and it is something consoles are incredibly short on so if you want a replay feature then chances are you will have to accept a degradation of a feature elsewhere.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Feb 22 2009, 10:46)
QUOTE (scotland4life @ Feb 22 2009, 15:12)

I am just wondering can you clarify what you mean by that ? There is no such thing as a "PC exclusive feature" if Rockstar wanted to put the replay editor or a replay feature into the console version of GTA 4 there is nothing to stop them.

I would hazard a guess the main reason why the consoles don't get the feature is down to technical issues. Both consoles have very little ram. We have seen that using the console settings on the PC uses up nearly 400mbs of video ram, which leaves just 100mbs left for all the cars, peds physics etc. Now before you go "oh well blah blah has a replay feature" this is GTA 4 we are talking about here. The PC has the replay feature because it has stacks of ram.

It is possible Rockstar may try to implement some sort of replay feature in the next GTA for the consoles but I believe it will come down to resources agan. The clip capture feature uses RAM and it is something consoles are incredibly short on so if you want a replay feature then chances are you will have to accept a degradation of a feature elsewhere.

Very well put. I believe the Xbox 360 has two 256MB Samsung Ram cache's on the motherboard, 512MB in all. Good PC gaming rigs have up to 2GB, 3, and even 4 for vista users.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

It was Rockstar's choice to not implement a Video Editor into the console versions. I'm sure they could put one on to the consoles if they wanted to, but they didn't. It is on the PC and only that, making it an exclusive. wink.gif

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

+1 for me!

You should add a poll, too.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

It is only "PC exclusive" in the fact the PC has the RAM to do it in, you seem to be totally ignoring the technical facts here. Both consoles ONLY have 512mbs of ram even less when you take their OS's into account. The graphical settings that the consoles use need at least 400mbs and that is just for the graphics. Which leaves them with less than 100mbs (after taking into account the OS's of the consoles). So with 100mbs to mess with they have to do game code, physics, AI, missions etc there just isn't the space

It is quite clearly a memory issue even on the PC version the clip capture feature was turned off if you had less than 2gbs of ram. So even with a PC that had 4 TIMES the ram the consoles had you didn't have a replay feature. Now if they couldn't get the replay editor working well on a PC with less than 2gbs of ram I think you are beyond hope that the consoles with less than 512mbs TOTAL ram.

Now sure there are ways to do it, they could go with lo-res textures, less cars and pedestrians, trim the city down but really is it worth it just for a poxy replay feature ? That is what you have to remember if you want a replay feature on your console then something is going to have to suffer for it.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Feb 22 2009, 14:12)
It is only "PC exclusive" in the fact the PC has the RAM to do it in, you seem to be totally ignoring the technical facts here. Both consoles ONLY have 512mbs of ram even less when you take their OS's into account. The graphical settings that the consoles use need at least 400mbs and that is just for the graphics. Which leaves them with less than 100mbs (after taking into account the OS's of the consoles). So with 100mbs to mess with they have to do game code, physics, AI, missions etc there just isn't the space

It is quite clearly a memory issue even on the PC version the clip capture feature was turned off if you had less than 2gbs of ram. So even with a PC that had 4 TIMES the ram the consoles had you didn't have a replay feature. Now if they couldn't get the replay editor working well on a PC with less than 2gbs of ram I think you are beyond hope that the consoles with less than 512mbs TOTAL ram.

Now sure there are ways to do it, they could go with lo-res textures, less cars and pedestrians, trim the city down but really is it worth it just for a poxy replay feature ? That is what you have to remember if you want a replay feature on your console then something is going to have to suffer for it.

Once again, can't be put any better.

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

I'm nae a computer geek and work out how much RAM a console and a computer has. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users