• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:25 PM Edited by Dutchy3010, 28 February 2009 - 03:10 PM.

QUOTE (radicell @ Feb 28 2009, 15:59)
I'm assuming the deadline is the end of Sunday, March 1st, ie. March 2nd 0:00 GMT?

Yes, it is. tounge.gif GMT time, of course.

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

When the winner of contest announcement?

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

You can find the schedule in the first post:

You can submit your mission until Sunday, March 1. All missions will then be reviewed by the jury, which will present the nominated missions within a week. After that everybody can play the nominated missions and name their favourites. This will be possible for a week after the nominees have been made public. After this week the mission with the most votes is declared winner.

So two weeks after Monday.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

Mission name: Food Wars

Mission description: Rick Adicel is a pissed-off pizza stack employee from Los Santos. Well Stacked Pizza has long been the weaker of the three fast food chains in the city, and Rick has taken it upon himself to change that. Armed with a combat shotgun, he needs your help to destroy the business of all the other fast food shops in the city.

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=314

I ran into a few unexpected crashes during the making of this mission. The end result turns out pretty good though; enjoy. icon14.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (radicell @ Mar 1 2009, 07:42)
Mission name: Food Wars

Mission description: Rick Adicel is a pissed-off pizza stack employee from Los Santos. Well Stacked Pizza has long been the weaker of the three fast food chains in the city, and Rick has taken it upon himself to change that. Armed with a combat shotgun, he needs your help to destroy the business of all the other fast food shops in the city.

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=314

I ran into a few unexpected crashes during the making of this mission. The end result turns out pretty good though; enjoy. icon14.gif

Sounds interesting, i'll try it later biggrin.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Remember: today is the last day that you can submit a mission! The deadline is at 00.00 GMT!

Sagari12
  • Sagari12

Never forget: September 11, 2001 WTC

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

Add my mission.
Name:Looking for money.
Objectives:Steal the money from the triads
Difficulity:Medium for bad shooting. Easy for experienced in playing.
Link: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=308

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

Name:New Gang in Town
Dificulty:Medium
Description: Your friend have problems with his gang leader.You are "accidenatly" kill him (the gang leader + coleader)
After you will make a gang and help your friend to make money.
Link: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=320

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Feb 20 2009, 22:23)
user posted image

Introduction
As many will know, we (PatrickW and I) created a modification for San Andreas that enable you to create new missions for SA, without the need to learn how to script SCM. This modification is called "Design Your Own Mission". This week we released version 4 of our mod and more than 250 missions have already been made and uploaded to our Mission Download Site. Now we have come up with the idea of running a contest, to see who can make the best mission using DYOM. Everybody who can play SA, can create an mission using DYOM and thus compete in this contest. If the contest turns out to be a success, we plan to have such a contest on a regular base with each time a different theme.

Goal
The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design your own mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme
This first edition of the contest doesn't have a specific theme, just create any mission you like. Keep in mind that the players will determine the winner, so convince them that your mission is the best one. If successful, more editions of this contest will be run, with different theme's such as: Race missions, gunfights or stuntmissions.

Jury
The jury, consisting for the first edition of PatrickW and myself, will choose a number of missions from all submissions and from those mission everybody can choose the top 3. The mission with they most votes will win the contest. The winner will be part of the jury for the next edition of the contest if he wants.

Schedule
You can submit your mission until Sunday, March 1. All missions will then be reviewed by the jury, which will present the nominated missions within a week. After that everybody can play the nominated missions and name their favourites. This will be possible for a week after the nominees have been made public. After this week the mission with the most votes is declared winner.

Submit
You can submit a mission for the contest by uploading it to the mission download site and post the following information in this topic:
CODE

[b]Mission name:[/b]
[b]Mission description:[/b]
[b]Link to the mission:[/b]

Everybody can submit just one mission, when you submit more than one, only the last one will compete.

Reward
The most important reward for everybody that enters the contest is off course that you can claim to be a GTA mission designer. The winning mission will be featured on top of the mission download site for the coming period, and the author of the winning mission will be invited to become a jury member for the next edition of the contest.

The Modification
The modification is very easy to install. First of all download it from Gtagarage. Put the extracted MPACK directory with everything in it, in your "GTA San Andreas User Files" directory. To use the modification, you need to have CLEO3 installed. For more information about installing CLEO3, please refer to this site. If you need help installing the modification or have questions about the modification itself, please go to the Design Your Own Mission topic.

HEi everytime i make a mission you have to kill one guy before another guy spawns
wath can i do for this to not happend smile.gif ? cryani.gif

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:48 PM

HEi everytime i make a mission you have to kill one guy before another guy spawns
wath can i do for this to not happend ?

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

wath can i do for this to not happend ? cryani.gif

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

opps soryy the 3 times spam nervous.gif

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:06 AM

Don't quad-post.

Well, first make the actors, then the objective actor, otherwise the normal actors are going to spawn after the objective one.

Or, after you made the objective, select another objective previous to this one, then create the actors, then re-select the last objective.

Or, if you already created them, select an objective previous to this one, and select to spawn each actor after that objective. Then re-select the last objective.

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

Thanks smile.gif biggrin.gif

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

And another question smile.gif
Every time i make a friend. hi starts to shot me down sad.gif why ??
wath can i do ?

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Wow... "The Great Deal" mission is very awesome...
Nice work Tony Resta..

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (bazzilen @ Mar 2 2009, 11:08)
And another question smile.gif
Every time i make a friend. hi starts to shot me down sad.gif why ??
wath can i do ?

Did you set his gang to friendly in the actor menu, when you added him ?

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

yes i did. and when i did go to him. he blowd me to hell sad.gif xD

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Pleas Download my Mission.
"Bad Drug Plans"
Pleas try it out smile.gif
Its my first mission so pleas make respons and tips smile.gif

http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=325 tounge2.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (billy7877 @ Mar 2 2009, 12:14)
Wow... "The Great Deal" mission is very awesome...
Nice work Tony Resta..

Thanks mate. smile.gif

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:36 AM

Uhm... isn't the contest over yet?

Who won?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (gtasearcher @ Mar 5 2009, 12:06)
Uhm... isn't the contest over yet?

Who won?

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Feb 28 2009, 20:40)
You can find the schedule in the first post:

So two weeks after Monday.

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Mission name: Company 69
Mission description: You are soldier Hughes, leader of worst company in USA, Company 69.
You must do work for army with help of Soldier Ace, Ms. Philips and Jackson.

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=340

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Jackal1337 @ Mar 6 2009, 14:50)
Mission name: Company 69
Mission description: You are soldier Hughes, leader of worst company in USA, Company 69.
You must do work for army with help of Soldier Ace, Ms. Philips and Jackson.

Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=340

It's too late to post your mission now, read the first post please.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Voting

Due to relative low amount of submissions we have decided to combine the contest here with an identical contest running in parallel on the Dutch gtaforum.nl. We've selected 5 missions from the missions submitted on both fora, that were the best in our opinion. Also the votes from both fora will be combined into the final result. Below you will find the five selected mission with our comments, in random order.

Call of Duty: War at the beach
This mission is submitted by Billy7877. This mission draws attention for the way objects have been assembled into whole new structures. This mission itself is created with much details and captures the ambiance of the setting. Good mission, which is certainly not easy to pass.

The Invasion
This mission by gtasearcher is certainly the mission with the most humor. He took a great idea and made it into an enjoyable mission. This mission is not the hardest to play but will certainly entertain you.

Get the G part 1 - part 2
Flitskikker created a mission in two parts, but he managed to make the transition in such a way that it isn't distracting. A good mission that exploits a lot of the techniques offered by DYOM.

Rest in Peace
Tony Resta is the master of cutscenes with this mission. The cutscenes could be from Rockstar themselves. The mission is certainly worth playing, a hard mission with a clear goal.

Food Wars
The final mission of these five is created by Radicell. A combination of gunfights and a touch of Rockstar-worthy humor. A good amount of cutscenes guide the player through this mission, that is certainly not your typical shoot-them-all mission, but shows the authors creativity.

We would like to ask everybody to play these five missions, and post your personal top-3 in this topic, if possible with your motivation.

CODE
[b]1. Missionname:[/b]
[b]2. Missionname:[/b]
[b]3. Missionname:[/b]
[b]Motivation:[/b]

You can vote until March 15. Afterward we will tally all votes and present the final results of this contest.

Have fun playing these incredible missions !

Snakesmeller
  • Snakesmeller

Have some pot.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Rest In Peace, i say 6/10

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

1. Missionname: Food wars
2. Missionname: Rest in Peace
3. Missionname: The Invasion

GTA-IV-Master
  • GTA-IV-Master

Sexiest Girl On The Forum

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

1. Rest In Peace
2. COD
3. The Invasion
Motivation: Rest In Peace wasn't an over the top mission, but still, with the cutscenes Tony used, it gave emotion to the mission, and the way he uses the words Rest In Peace at the end to tie in with everything is an awesome touch and a professional one, i really enjoyed that mission.

lisl
  • lisl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:54 PM Edited by lisl, 07 March 2009 - 11:58 PM.

i have made a mission:
TITLE:bigsy is invading grove street
DESCRIPTION:Bigsy is in grove street!Bigsy is the fusion of pigsy and bigfoot.

You can download in:http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=355

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

So far i've only played Rest in Peace which was very well planned and put together. The cutscenes made it feel like unrelease missions from the game. I'll try the others later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users