Photo

Design Your Own Mission!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• None

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:23 PM Edited by Dutchy3010, 20 February 2009 - 11:01 PM.

user posted image

Introduction
As many will know, we (PatrickW and I) created a modification for San Andreas that enable you to create new missions for SA, without the need to learn how to script SCM. This modification is called "Design Your Own Mission". This week we released version 4 of our mod and more than 250 missions have already been made and uploaded to our Mission Download Site. Now we have come up with the idea of running a contest, to see who can make the best mission using DYOM. Everybody who can play SA, can create an mission using DYOM and thus compete in this contest. If the contest turns out to be a success, we plan to have such a contest on a regular base with each time a different theme.

Goal
The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design your own mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme
This first edition of the contest doesn't have a specific theme, just create any mission you like. Keep in mind that the players will determine the winner, so convince them that your mission is the best one. If successful, more editions of this contest will be run, with different theme's such as: Race missions, gunfights or stuntmissions.

Jury
The jury, consisting for the first edition of PatrickW and myself, will choose a number of missions from all submissions and from those mission everybody can choose the top 3. The mission with they most votes will win the contest. The winner will be part of the jury for the next edition of the contest if he wants.

Schedule
You can submit your mission until Sunday, March 1. All missions will then be reviewed by the jury, which will present the nominated missions within a week. After that everybody can play the nominated missions and name their favourites. This will be possible for a week after the nominees have been made public. After this week the mission with the most votes is declared winner.

Submit
You can submit a mission for the contest by uploading it to the mission download site and post the following information in this topic:
CODE

[b]Mission name:[/b]
[b]Mission description:[/b]
[b]Link to the mission:[/b]

Everybody can submit just one mission, when you submit more than one, only the last one will compete.

Reward
The most important reward for everybody that enters the contest is off course that you can claim to be a GTA mission designer. The winning mission will be featured on top of the mission download site for the coming period, and the author of the winning mission will be invited to become a jury member for the next edition of the contest.

The Modification
The modification is very easy to install. First of all download it from Gtagarage. Put the extracted MPACK directory with everything in it, in your "GTA San Andreas User Files" directory. To use the modification, you need to have CLEO3 installed. For more information about installing CLEO3, please refer to this site. If you need help installing the modification or have questions about the modification itself, please go to the Design Your Own Mission topic.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Ya know, I've always wanted to try this mod; I just never got around to downloading it. Anyhow, count me in on the contest. icon14.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

I had heard about this and it sounds like an excellent idea. I'll make it a point to find time and contribute to this. icon14.gif

Thanks to both Dutchy & Patrick. smile.gif

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

I might take part in this if I can think of a mission that would be entertaining enough.

Nice idea Dutchy and Patrick!

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Aight, I'll start right away

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

Does it matter which version you have?

I'm having some trouble's getting it to work so I thought maybe I need Version 1 or something.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• None

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

CLEO only works with version 1, so you need indeed version 1 to install this modification. smile.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Okay then. Thanks for the help. Looks like I'm off to find that downgrader patch once again.

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

a design your own mission contest colgate.gif ??... wow biggrin.gif
Okay i wantJoin This Contest barf8bd.gif

I will make the mission NOW

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have Version 2 and I used the downgrader patch. I then varifyed my game still worked correctley and it did. I then installed CLEO 3 and put the MPACK in the San Andreas User Files folder. At this point when I try to start SA I get an error message saying GTA SA need's to close, blah blah blah. For the hell of it, I uninstalled CLEO 3 and then tryed SA and it worked but when I load up the DYOM new game thing, SA crashes and I get the error message again. Any ideas why this is?

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

CLEO3 doesn't work with with version2 of GTA SA, so you have to downgrade SA. However the normal "downgrade patch" won't help. You'll need an V1 executable (gta_sa.exe), I'm not sure however, if I'm allowed to distribute it here.
But you should be able to locate it somewhere.

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

Mission name: 8-track shootout
Mission description: You are invited to a race at 8-track, but you are confused to find no one there. When you get outside a bunch of people you pissed off start shooting at you. It must be a trap! You must kill them and get home safely.
Link to the mission: http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=255

Snakesmeller
  • Snakesmeller

Have some pot.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Heres the mission i made for the contest go backwards and find a garage road headin upwards after the cutscene at the base get out of the car and run or walk up.

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:22 AM Edited by billy7877, 28 February 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Oh... This is my mission for DYOM contest

Mission Name = Back to Aldea Malvada
Mission Description = In this mission, you are military ordered to defend Aldea Malvada from terrorist..
The terrorist are very much and powerful..
Mission Difficulty = Very Hard (But i can beat it WITHOUT cheat)
well... good luck to beat this mission without cheat!!

Link to the mission = http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=253

Wait.. don't use Back to Aldea Malvada mission for contest. . use this one

Mission Name = Call of Duty2 War at the beach
Mission description = Alright listen up soldier... I will send you to the beach then recapture the area
There are three bunker at the beach... You must clear the terrorist at the bunker
But you must be careful. The terrorist use M4...
At the first time, you must defend the place where you landing there...
Then wait for first reinforcement...
The reinforcement is 5 person...
After get reinforcement, it is your chance to attack the terrorist then recapture area.
Mission difficult is hard

Link to the mission = http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=307

Use the Call of Duty2 War at the beach mission for contest

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:42 AM Edited by tony-resta, 24 February 2009 - 10:04 PM.

Happy to add my mission smile.gif :

Mission name: Crack Invaders

Mission description: Ganton has been invaded lately by your typical crack dealer, but this time you won't take it anymore, pack some heat and let off steam! Free your neighbourhood from these parasites.

Summary of the whole mission objective: Wipe out the gang leaders and their crew, and finish off the big crack boss at the end.

Link to the mission: Tony Resta's GTA SA Missions - Crack Invaders

Video of the whole mission:

Click Me

p.s. Don't count this mission, count my other one, Rest In Peace, thank you smile.gif

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

This sounds quite awesome. icon14.gif

I'll start my mission soon, these missions look to be quite rad!

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (radicell @ Feb 23 2009, 10:33)
This sounds quite awesome. icon14.gif

I'll start my mission soon, these missions look to be quite rad!

The thing is, it's so easy to make compact missions, this IMO is by far the best and most usefull program there is, as well as CLEO. Congrats to the authors icon14.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Congrats on this winning in the GTANet Awards. icon14.gif

I gotta get cracking on my mission. blush.gif

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hey, can i make 2 mission for contest???

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

@unlimited: Thanx, the award is a nice encouragement to keep going smile.gif

@billy7877: Only one mission for the contest, if you submit more than one, than only the last one will compete.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

I took all day to make this new mission, i'm extremely proud of it, i had alot of trouble getting everything right but it's all payed off. I had already added an entry mission, i'd like to add this one instead of the first one, is that ok? It says you count the last mission submitted as the entry so it should all be good.

Anyway, here it is, hope everybody enjoys it smile.gif :

Mission Name: Rest In Peace

Mission description:

Story:

Last year, your brother Giorgio committed suicide after not winning the election to become mayor of Vice City. He was in a serious depression after the loss, and after a month of feeling down, he decided to end his life, his body was found at the base of a skyscraper in Downtown San Fierro, we can all immagine how he got there...

You play as Marco, a male from southern Italy. You find out that Vice City's mayor has come to San Andreas for a meeting with all three mayors of the state. This is your chance to get revenge!

I'll let you discover the rest, but i'll tell you this, this mission isn't your usual go and kill a target type of mission, it varys a bit, don't let your eyes be decieved by the screenshot, as you can't really show much on a picture. Hope you have fun, it isn't hard if you're carefull.

Link To Mission: Tony Resta's GTA SA Missions - Rest In Peace

GTA-IV-Master
  • GTA-IV-Master

Sexiest Girl On The Forum

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Woah mercie_blink.gif That is some awesome mission right there, most of the other ones i've downloaded weren't made with care, but this, hell, you've even taken proper care of the cutscenes, huge well done to you icon14.gif

Also, i might be making my own too biggrin.gif

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

Mission Name: The Invasion
Link: http://patrickw.gtag...act=show&id=281
Description: Earth, year 3059.

The Sun's shine has stopped, and people are desperatly seeking refuge.

You are a soldier who has been left behind, deep into Area 69 which was locked.

You've got to escape, fast, as the aliens are coming...

It has a dramatic end.

I'm sorry I couldn't publish it; so anyone can edit it; but PLEASE, DON'T DO THAT.

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:57 AM

Okay thanks for the information

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (billy7877 @ Feb 22 2009, 04:22)
Oh... This is my mission for DYOM contest

Mission Name = Back to Aldea Malvada
Mission Description = In this mission, you are military ordered to defend Aldea Malvada from terrorist..
The terrorist are very much and powerful..
Mission Difficulty = Very Hard (But i can beat it WITHOUT cheat)
well... good luck to beat this mission without cheat!!

Link to the mission = http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=253

I found a hole in your mission, which made me complete it very easily, at the beginning, you have to go into the checkpoint to start basically yeah? But the military people have already spawned on the rooftops, so what i did was shoot them one by one, then go into the check point, finish off the ones hiding behind the houses and voila, biggrin.gif thought i'd just let you know, if maybe you want to fix this or not.

Tug66666
  • Tug66666

Francis McReary

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:22 PM Edited by Tug66666, 06 July 2011 - 11:01 PM.

Excellent mod!

bazzilen
  • bazzilen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Feb 20 2009, 22:23)
user posted image

Introduction
As many will know, we (PatrickW and I) created a modification for San Andreas that enable you to create new missions for SA, without the need to learn how to script SCM. This modification is called "Design Your Own Mission". This week we released version 4 of our mod and more than 250 missions have already been made and uploaded to our Mission Download Site. Now we have come up with the idea of running a contest, to see who can make the best mission using DYOM. Everybody who can play SA, can create an mission using DYOM and thus compete in this contest. If the contest turns out to be a success, we plan to have such a contest on a regular base with each time a different theme.

Goal
The goal of the contest is off course to create the best mission using "Design your own mission". Things to keep in mind are originality, playability and difficulty. You should challenge the players of your mission, but they should not get frustrated. If your mission is ready, you should upload it to our mission upload site.

Theme
This first edition of the contest doesn't have a specific theme, just create any mission you like. Keep in mind that the players will determine the winner, so convince them that your mission is the best one. If successful, more editions of this contest will be run, with different theme's such as: Race missions, gunfights or stuntmissions.

Jury
The jury, consisting for the first edition of PatrickW and myself, will choose a number of missions from all submissions and from those mission everybody can choose the top 3. The mission with they most votes will win the contest. The winner will be part of the jury for the next edition of the contest if he wants.

Schedule
You can submit your mission until Sunday, March 1. All missions will then be reviewed by the jury, which will present the nominated missions within a week. After that everybody can play the nominated missions and name their favourites. This will be possible for a week after the nominees have been made public. After this week the mission with the most votes is declared winner.

Submit
You can submit a mission for the contest by uploading it to the mission download site and post the following information in this topic:
CODE

[b]Mission name:[/b]
[b]Mission description:[/b]
[b]Link to the mission:[/b]

Everybody can submit just one mission, when you submit more than one, only the last one will compete.

Reward
The most important reward for everybody that enters the contest is off course that you can claim to be a GTA mission designer. The winning mission will be featured on top of the mission download site for the coming period, and the author of the winning mission will be invited to become a jury member for the next edition of the contest.

The Modification
The modification is very easy to install. First of all download it from Gtagarage. Put the extracted MPACK directory with everything in it, in your "GTA San Andreas User Files" directory. To use the modification, you need to have CLEO3 installed. For more information about installing CLEO3, please refer to this site. If you need help installing the modification or have questions about the modification itself, please go to the Design Your Own Mission topic.

Hey how to istall a mission smile.gif
Pleas answer

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

After installing DYOM, download the DYOMx.dat of your choice and copy it into your San Andreas Userfiles directory.

Than from within DYOM select: mission-> load

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

Mission Name = Call of Duty2 War at the beach
Mission description = Alright listen up soldier... I will send you to the beach then recapture the area
There are three bunker at the beach... You must clear the terrorist at the bunker
But you must be careful. The terrorist use M4...
At the first time, you must defend the place where you landing there...
Then wait for first reinforcement...
The reinforcement is 5 person...
After get reinforcement, it is your chance to attack the terrorist then recapture area.
Mission difficult is hard

Link to the mission = http://dyom.gtagames...act=show&id=307

Don't use back to aldea malvada mission for contest
use this one...
Call of duty2 war at the beach

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

I'm assuming the deadline is the end of Sunday, March 1st, ie. March 2nd 0:00 GMT?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users