Photo

[WIP] GTAIII XBOX Version

1,648 replies to this topic
LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Minget @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 17:52)
Install xbox mod 1.0 works

Install update 1 / Steam fix and update 2 all fail.

update 1 error Cannot open d3d9.dll
Steam fix error Cannot open d3d8.dll
update 2 error cannot open enbseries.ini

NONE of these files are marked as read only. And tried running as Admin.

Actually I'm surprised that the mod worked on a Steam version of the game at all.I have heard that Steam games can't be modded,idk if it's true.

Pdge Jameson
  • Pdge Jameson

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Anyone else having update 1 and 2 error "Path to GTA3 Invalid" ? And btw its not the steam version.

joshual2
  • joshual2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by joshual2, 08 March 2013 - 11:04 PM.

hi this is the problem im getting whenever i try to run a new game or a loaded game before the error it works fine but when you try to start the loaded or new game it says optimizing textures for your graphics card then just hangs and when you alt tab delete its showing that image confused.gif it just wont work i tried with 1.1 update and without but wont work... please help guys confused.gif user posted image

Pdge Jameson
  • Pdge Jameson

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

So no one wants to help me with the error that wont let me install? I implore you this is driving me insane.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Pdge Jameson @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 01:39)
So no one wants to help me with the error that wont let me install? I implore you this is driving me insane.

What's the actual (full) path to the EXE?

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

I've managed to successfully install the mod and it looks awesome. Unfortunately, when I exit the game, there will be a message stating that gta3.exe has stopped working. Any suggestions on what to do?

joshual2
  • joshual2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (joshual2 @ Friday, Mar 8 2013, 22:43)
hi this is the problem im getting whenever i try to run a new game or a loaded game before the error it works fine but when you try to start the loaded or new game it says optimizing textures for your graphics card then just hangs and when you alt tab delete its showing that image confused.gif it just wont work i tried with 1.1 update and without but wont work... please help guys confused.gif user posted image

hello? would someone please help me with this thanks its driving me insane!!!!!!!! confused.gif

Pdge Jameson
  • Pdge Jameson

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 18:03)
QUOTE (Pdge Jameson @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 01:39)

What's the actual (full) path to the EXE?

Doesnt matter I have moved the path of the game all over and cannot for the life of me find a fix. DId someone ever release a zipped version without the installer crapola? No offense.

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

Ok I have managed to solve my previously posted problem by using the built-in Administrator account. However, new problems arose as a result.

1. When I installed the updates for the mod, I noticed that there was a backup folder created, with lots of files inside. I do not know if those are the original files of the game or whether they are the mods' files to be copied to their respective folders. I need clarification for this.

2. The account (built-in administrator) which I performed the installation on works fine, with the exception of 3 transparent lines in Chinatown. However, using the same set file to run on my other local user account, I get loads of white textures. I do not know if switching accounts render several components to malfunction, and once again, I need clarification for this issue too.

The game is installed in its default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTAIII and installation was performed by the built-in Administrator account.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

If it's called Backup, it may be the original files, in order to restore them in case of problem;

Have you removed the config file in My Documents after installing on your normal user folder?

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 16:19)
If it's called Backup, it may be the original files, in order to restore them in case of problem;

Have you removed the config file in My Documents after installing on your normal user folder?

Yea. I followed the instructions to a T. Strangely my local user account still gets white models while the Administrator account loads everything fine

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I did a shor gameplay of latest version. smile.gif

Btw. Has anyone met that bug before?

user posted image

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

@saedism In order to fix white textures problem try this:

1) Install Grand Theft Auto 3
2) Start the game
3) Set your graphics settings and then start a new game at least once
4) Play for a while and then exit the game
5) Delete gta3.set file in Documents/GTA3 User Files
6) Install Xbox mod
7) Change your graphics setting again and load the game

@xXaerooff2Xx http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062180722

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by saedism, 22 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

QUOTE (rmws. @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 12:27)
@saedism In order to fix white textures problem try this:

1) Install Grand Theft Auto 3
2) Start the game
3) Set your graphics settings and then start a new game at least once
4) Play for a while and then exit the game
5) Delete gta3.set file in Documents/GTA3 User Files
6) Install Xbox mod
7) Change your graphics setting again and load the game

@xXaerooff2Xx http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062180722

yea that is exactly what I did. I still get those white textures.

EDIT: Changing the player skin sort of reinitialized the player models and textures and everything works fine, except for the Callahan Bridge, which still has missing textures. All this is done on the local user account

EDIT2: Manually rebuilding both archives with elevated privileges has fixed the problem. Previously, when I rebuilt the images without "run as Administrator", it still showed white textures everywhere

EDIT3: I need to run the exe as administrator in order for the textures to load properly. Any idea why?

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by sithren, 30 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Hi there, I was able to install Xbox Mod Version 1.0 to my Steam installation (v1.1) of GTA III.

Seems to work fine except for some white textures in trees. I also noticed that the installation of the mod
seems to have created a GTA III subfolder in my steam Grand Theft Auto 3 folder - if that makes any sense.

When I try to install Update 1 to Mod Version 1.0 I encounter this error. What can I do to fix it? Is this normal?

edit: just realised that all cars are really dark. I guess I'll need to do a clean install of gta3? If so, should I back up my local user files?

UPDATE:

1) I copied all files from the GTA III subfolder created by the Mod Version 1.0 to the regular Grand Theft Auto 3 folder.
2) I was then able to patch with Update 1.
3) The update fixed issues with white textures and black cars.
4) Then I installed update 2. I then rebuild the two image archives with IMG Tool.

Problem now is that the black car issue is back. I
will now try to run IMG Tool as admin to see if that helps.

2nd UPDATE:

- Unfortunately running img tool as admin and rebuilding the disc image archives did not work.
- In fact, the game will not run.
- When trying to load a new game or saved game, the game freezes and I have to alt tab out. Or I will get an error saying
gta3.exe failed to respond.

Is there a way to uninstall update 2 without uninstalling the whole game? Guess I should have backed up my original folder, lol.

3rd UPDATE

- Ended up reinstalling GTAIII on Steam
- Downloaded a digital download version of the game from Rockstar to mod to my heart's content (been meaning to do this for a while as
steam version doesn't seem to play nice with mods).
- Installed Xbox Mod version 1 with no problem.
- Update 1 to the mod crashes the computer as soon as I try to drive away with 8-ball at the beginning. What's strange is that when it crashes,
for a split second or so I see the intro cutscene. It is almost like the game is trying to play that cutscene.

- So I am sticking to the mod without updates for now.

My system specs are:
intel 2500k 3.3ghz processor
8gb Gskill ddr3 ram
mis 460gtx 768mb
600 silverstone mkII power supply
user posted image

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have a problem, after doing the first mission in statoium island it freezes when driving.

I posted this a year ago and no one helped.

Pc specs

Win 7 64bit
Gtx 480 gpu
2.0 amd anthlon x2 4x
8gb ram

Gta 3 version 1.0

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

it's pancake time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (ALLEN2 @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 13:49)
Gta 3 version 1.0

There's your problem.

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Jago @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:34)
Gta 3 version 1.0

There's your problem.

If I update It wont even open. Using the gta3 offical cd I got like 10 years ago

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

sorry for double post my processor is 3.0 ghz i made the post on my phone whileout

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (sithren @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 04:17)
Hi there, I was able to install Xbox Mod Version 1.0 to my Steam installation (v1.1) of GTA III.

Seems to work fine except for some white textures in trees. I also noticed that the installation of the mod
seems to have created a GTA III subfolder in my steam Grand Theft Auto 3 folder - if that makes any sense.

When I try to install Update 1 to Mod Version 1.0 I encounter this error. What can I do to fix it? Is this normal?

edit: just realised that all cars are really dark. I guess I'll need to do a clean install of gta3? If so, should I back up my local user files?

UPDATE:

1) I copied all files from the GTA III subfolder created by the Mod Version 1.0 to the regular Grand Theft Auto 3 folder.
2) I was then able to patch with Update 1.
3) The update fixed issues with white textures and black cars.
4) Then I installed update 2. I then rebuild the two image archives with IMG Tool.

Problem now is that the black car issue is back. I
will now try to run IMG Tool as admin to see if that helps.

2nd UPDATE:

- Unfortunately running img tool as admin and rebuilding the disc image archives did not work.
- In fact, the game will not run.
- When trying to load a new game or saved game, the game freezes and I have to alt tab out. Or I will get an error saying
gta3.exe failed to respond.

Is there a way to uninstall update 2 without uninstalling the whole game? Guess I should have backed up my original folder, lol.

3rd UPDATE

- Ended up reinstalling GTAIII on Steam
- Downloaded a digital download version of the game from Rockstar to mod to my heart's content (been meaning to do this for a while as
steam version doesn't seem to play nice with mods).
- Installed Xbox Mod version 1 with no problem.
- Update 1 to the mod crashes the computer as soon as I try to drive away with 8-ball at the beginning. What's strange is that when it crashes,
for a split second or so I see the intro cutscene. It is almost like the game is trying to play that cutscene.

- So I am sticking to the mod without updates for now.

My system specs are:
intel 2500k 3.3ghz processor
8gb Gskill ddr3 ram
mis 460gtx 768mb
600 silverstone mkII power supply
user posted image

Try putting the updates into the GTAIII folder and "Run as administrator" for both update 1 and 2. It should be able to extract the files successfully. Thereafter, you'll be able to enjoy the mod in its full glory.

saedism
  • saedism

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (ALLEN2 @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:38)
Gta 3 version 1.0

There's your problem.

If I update It wont even open. Using the gta3 offical cd I got like 10 years ago

I need more details. You can't run GTA 3 after updating it to patch 1.1, right? Did you patch GTA 3 with its official 1.1 patch after you applied the mod? If so, I advise you to reinstall the game and follow the instructions, step by step.

ALLEN2
  • ALLEN2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (saedism @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (ALLEN2 @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 21:38)
Gta 3 version 1.0

There's your problem.

I need more details. You can't run GTA 3 after updating it to patch 1.1, right? Did you patch GTA 3 with its official 1.1 patch after you applied the mod? If so, I advise you to reinstall the game and follow the instructions, step by step.

I fixed it already i just had to reinstall it from the cd again because i changed my gpu 3 years ago

EDIT: Or it might have been a beta to update 1 update im not sure. I been using this mod since the beta and its great!

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (saedism @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 00:12)
Try putting the updates into the GTAIII folder and "Run as administrator" for both update 1 and 2. It should be able to extract the files successfully. Thereafter, you'll be able to enjoy the mod in its full glory.

The mod itself, though, did not work when I tried to put in the GTA III folder. I had to copy the files over to my own folder. Does that matter? Will have to do the same thing with the updates?

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

I was curious how well Xbox mod works on Steam version of GTA3, so I decided to buy it.

I noticed that not only vehicle headlights were fixed, but also the taillights.
On the original GTA3 taillights are visible through the model and this bug is fully fixed on steam version.
Here is a comparison:
user posted image user posted image

I assume every user who owns a steam version of GTA3 encounters the notorious black cars glitch. Well, it can be easily fixed by modifying particle.txd file and I was thinking about uploading a fix for Xbox mod on gtagarage. Anyone's interested?

QUOTE (Mr. Jago @ Sunday @ Mar 31 2013, 21:34)
QUOTE (ALLEN2 @ Sunday @  Mar 31 2013, 13:49)
Gta 3 version 1.0

There's your problem.

I want to make one thing clear: this mod fully supports BOTH 1.0 and 1.1 exes. So if you own a 1.0 version there is no need to upgrade to v1.1.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

A fix is always welcome smile.gif

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (rmws. @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:05)
I was curious how well Xbox mod works on Steam version of GTA3, so I decided to buy it.

On the original GTA3 taillights are visible through the model and this bug is fully fixed on steam version.

I'm curious what they've(R*) done to fix them. I tried to trace the changes in this particular functions between 1.0 and steam exe, no luck. They seems identical, or almost identical.

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:02)
QUOTE (rmws. @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 15:05)

I'm curious what they've(R*) done to fix them. I tried to trace the changes in this particular functions between 1.0 and steam exe, no luck. They seems identical, or almost identical.

That's strange. Have you looked at CAutomobile::PreRender function?

And how did you disamble gta3.exe from steam version? I used IDA with various options, but the steam version EXE seem to be compressed or something, because I can only see the minority of functions. Could you pm me you idb file?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I didn't. Silent gave me "disasm frendly" version since he looked at that issue too.

ReverendTed
  • ReverendTed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by ReverendTed, 06 April 2013 - 11:35 PM.

I have the Steam version. My observations below are based on a limited drive from the Staunton hideout.
Updates were installed from the "Grand Theft Auto 3" directory as Administrator.
(One thing that probably throws a lot of Steam users off is that when you're selecting the installation folder, the installer automatically appends "GTAIII" after Steam's "Grand Theft Auto 3" unless you delete it, so things accidentally get installed into "Grand Theft Auto 3\GTAIII\" if you're not paying close attention.)

Original Steam Version:
- Dark (not black) cars bug, otherwise fine
- Puddles outside of Staunton garage reflect wall textures

Xbox Mod V1.0:
- Updated cars, surface reflections and other textures
- Normally-lit cars (not dark, not black)
- Puddles outside Staunton garage reflect wall textures, but reflected windows are invisible and there are translucent white blotches on the pavement
- Appears to run just fine (again, just testing with a limited drive from the hideout)

Xbox Mod Update 1 (without Steam fix):
- Updated cars, surface reflections and other textures
- Normally-lit cars (not dark, not black)
- Puddles outside Staunton garage reflect wall textures, but reflected windows are invisible
- Crashes after about 30-45 seconds with an unhandled exception (maybe a coincidence, but just after it starts to rain)

Xbox Mod Update 1 (with Steam fix):
- Updated cars, surface reflections, and other textures
- Dark (not black) cars bug
- Puddles outside Staunton garage reflect wall textures, but reflected windows are invisible
- Appears to run just fine

Xbox Mod Update 2 (installed after Update 1 and Steam Fix, and then manual rebuild of gta3.img and txd.img with TXDTool V2):
- Updated cars, surface reflections, and other textures
- Black (not just dark) cars bug
- Appears to run just fine

Edit: I found an updated particle.txd which fixes the dark cars bug in vanilla GTA3, but it creates the opposite problem in Update 2 - all the cars are pale. I'm assuming this is what rmws. is referring to above. So, yes, I would like that very much! Is your experience the same as mine?

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Finally got my hands on GTA3 steam exe that can be properly analyzed. Right now I'm adding full steam version support for all Xbox mod scripts and I have nearly finished my work, only HUD switch code is left to do.

When I'm done, I will pack the files and upload them on gtagarage as Update 2.1. Hopefully the patch will fix all bugs for steam version users.

QUOTE (ReverendTed @ Sunday @ Apr 7 2013, 02:08)
- Puddles outside Staunton garage reflect wall textures, but reflected windows are invisible and there are translucent white blotches on the pavement

It is just a minor rendering bug. Windows are present on the upside down model, but for some reason they are not visible.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users