Hi there, I was able to install Xbox Mod Version 1.0 to my Steam installation (v1.1) of GTA III.
Seems to work fine except for some white textures in trees. I also noticed that the installation of the mod
seems to have created a GTA III subfolder in my steam Grand Theft Auto 3 folder - if that makes any sense.
When I try to install Update 1 to Mod Version 1.0 I encounter this error. What can I do to fix it? Is this normal?
edit: just realised that all cars are really dark. I guess I'll need to do a clean install of gta3? If so, should I back up my local user files?UPDATE:
1) I copied all files from the GTA III subfolder created by the Mod Version 1.0 to the regular Grand Theft Auto 3 folder.
2) I was then able to patch with Update 1.
3) The update fixed issues with white textures and black cars.
4) Then I installed update 2. I then rebuild the two image archives with IMG Tool. Problem now is that the black car issue is back. I
will now try to run IMG Tool as admin to see if that helps.2nd UPDATE:
- Unfortunately running img tool as admin and rebuilding the disc image archives did not work.
- In fact, the game will not run.
- When trying to load a new game or saved game, the game freezes and I have to alt tab out. Or I will get an error saying
gta3.exe failed to respond.Is there a way to uninstall update 2 without uninstalling the whole game? Guess I should have backed up my original folder, lol.3rd UPDATE
- Ended up reinstalling GTAIII on Steam
- Downloaded a digital download version of the game from Rockstar to mod to my heart's content (been meaning to do this for a while as
steam version doesn't seem to play nice with mods).
- Installed Xbox Mod version 1 with no problem.
- Update 1 to the mod crashes the computer as soon as I try to drive away with 8-ball at the beginning. What's strange is that when it crashes,
for a split second or so I see the intro cutscene. It is almost like the game is trying to play that cutscene.
- So I am sticking to the mod without updates for now.
My system specs are:
intel 2500k 3.3ghz processor
8gb Gskill ddr3 ram
mis 460gtx 768mb
600 silverstone mkII power supply
Edited by sithren, 30 March 2013 - 03:33 PM.