Photo

[WIP] GTAIII XBOX Version

1,647 replies to this topic
loczek47
  • loczek47

They call me "Random Funny Guy".

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Holy sh*t, it was possible to buy cars in III's xbox version?

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

You might want to try coding the flames up like I told you, Rimwis.

Also, the explosion has way too much delay between ending and fading away.

It was nice talking to you too, rim, wink.gif .

Fischkopf
  • Fischkopf

Admin

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Holy sh*t, it was possible to buy cars in III's xbox version?

No, but its a nice new feature anyway biggrin.gif

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Here's flamethrower's flame in better quality

Overall audio was better in xbox. Can You convert flamethrower's sounds? They're better.

Sonic011
  • Sonic011

Kogey Fox

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:42 AM

Nice job on the mod guys! It would be a big improvement if you could actually get the headlights to work

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Mar 2 2009, 23:09)
Overall audio was better in xbox. Can You convert flamethrower's sounds? They're better.

We can't convert the audio - the Xbox uses a different codec. If the audio wasn't in an archive, we would be able to crack the codec, but unfortunately the audio IS in an archive - and no archive programs can crack the codec, meaning that we can't upgrade the audio.

The explosion is waay too slow though.

Seeing as we added a feature (random attacks, buying cars), how about we also add the Cone Crazy side-mission from Vice City? It fits in perfectly and adds another way to earn cash.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

I have both GTA III and VC and I like them both. but that Cone Crazy mission, where/what is it? never seen it I think...

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (CHILLI @ Mar 3 2009, 15:49)
I have both GTA III and VC and I like them both. but that Cone Crazy mission, where/what is it? never seen it I think...

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Mar 2 2009, 23:09)
Here's flamethrower's flame in better quality

They are better only because xbox used all power of directx.

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Will the team be converting everything from the xbox version of vice city after they are done with this one? I honestly can't see a difference with the xbox version of vice city.

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

someone was already making an xbox vc mod,but its been dead for a while now suicidal.gif .anyways,is there already a planned release date for v1 of this mod,cause it looks awesome,especially the game menus smile.gif .

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (CHILLI @ Mar 3 2009, 14:49)

Cone Crazy is a side-mission in Vice City.

There's a Stallion parked somewhere in VC, I think it's on top of a multi-storey carpark. Get into the Stallion and the mission starts. You have to collect all the checkpoints as quickly as you can without knocking over the cones.

GTA3 already has a multi-storey carpark, so why can't we adapt that mission to GTA3? It fits in very well and the mission's discreet. GTA3 already has the objects needed, and the code should fit straight in - all we need to do is add the parked Stallion and change the position of the checkpoints/cones.

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

anyways,is there already a planned release date for v1 of this mod,cause it looks awesome,especially the game menus  smile.gif .

I don't know about beta1 releasing date. First of all I want to finish all tree patches. Also I'm waiting for plane and boats conversions.
And about new menus... I don't think we will use them in the mod, because gta3 pc version use same background in few menus.

GTA3 already has a multi-storey carpark, so why can't we adapt that mission to GTA3?

Ghost Bear plans to complete all mission code improvements which are mentioned in the 1st page. Maybe when he finish he will start scripting that checkpoint mission.
Besides he finished car purchasing script!

I tried to remake xbox fire and flame thrower's flame. Now staff looks better but it is still just a beta.
I left that slow fading explosion because it looks exactly the same like on xbox

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Nice Fire icon14.gif

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (rmws. @ Mar 4 2009, 16:06)
anyways,is there already a planned release date for v1 of this mod,cause it looks awesome,especially the game menus  smile.gif .

I don't know about beta1 releasing date. First of all I want to finish all tree patches. Also I'm waiting for plane and boats conversions.
And about new menus... I don't think we will use them in the mod, because gta3 pc version use same background in few menus.

GTA3 already has a multi-storey carpark, so why can't we adapt that mission to GTA3?

Ghost Bear plans to complete all mission code improvements which are mentioned in the 1st page. Maybe when he finish he will start scripting that checkpoint mission.
Besides he finished car purchasing script!

I tried to remake xbox fire and flame thrower's flame. Now staff looks better but it is still just a beta.
I left that slow fading explosion because it looks exactly the same like on xbox

Looks alot better now icon14.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

That's an epic beautiful fire and exposion effect, will make a lot more fun to see these instead of the orginal boring ones icon14.gif biggrin.gif

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

Sorry for bumping a second page topic, but, nice updates, man.

Get a coder to finish those pesky flames tounge.gif

They look terrific for GTA3's sh*tty way of handling fire particles.

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:39 AM Edited by 1TUFSS, 07 March 2009 - 12:47 AM.

Coder to handle pesky flames? That's me, haha.

If anyone's got a problem with anything in this mod, send me the particle.cfg and tell me the problem, I'll fix it.

Your car flame is huge, tell me if it needs fixing.

QUOTE (Gundog)

You should see what I've managed to squeeze out of my effects pack then! And there's still potential left...

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (1TUFSS @ Mar 7 2009, 00:39)
Coder to handle pesky flames? That's me, haha.

If anyone's got a problem with anything in this mod, send me the particle.cfg and tell me the problem, I'll fix it.

Your car flame is huge, tell me if it needs fixing.

QUOTE (Gundog)

You should see what I've managed to squeeze out of my effects pack then! And there's still potential left...

You can make a code that can make the xbox flame texture appear one by one, similar to the explosion texture? You can make the xbox-like dynamic flame?

That's awesome.

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Gundog @ Mar 7 2009, 00:50)
You can make a code that can make the xbox flame texture appear one by one, similar to the explosion texture? You can make the xbox-like dynamic flame?

That's awesome.

Unfortunately that's something I can't do - it's hardcoded into gta3, which means it's almost impossible to edit.

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (1TUFSS @ Mar 7 2009, 00:55)
QUOTE (Gundog @ Mar 7 2009, 00:50)

That's awesome.

Unfortunately that's something I can't do - it's hardcoded into gta3, which means it's almost impossible to edit.

Well, I'm off to sleep now... But I bet it's possible due to the XBOX game having the same engine. It may be hard, but doable, so, the project needs a helluva good coder. It must be similar to the way explosion particles are handled (not to mention that they also need updating).

It may not be worth it since most people think the game itself isn't worth updating due to it's age and lack of various features added in the later installments, but I beg to differ. We have to find someone who can pull this off.

One question/syllable remains.

Who?

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:40 AM Edited by 1TUFSS, 07 March 2009 - 02:52 AM.

It can't be done AT ALL.

It's hardcoded into gta3.exe.

The only people who can code it are the ones who work at R* and made GTA3.

The xbox version doesn't have an EXE file so we can't simply cut and paste code.

Anyway, if you do it right, you can still get good looking fire.

I had to stick with a single texture in my effects pack... and it looks better than the Xbox fire.

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Ah, fiddlesticks. Well, I guess we have to be thankful for what we have now.

But, can you enable crouching and walking?

(Cops crouch for cover when you shoot at them) Crouch = C

(Walking is in the PS2/Xbox version of the game) Walking = Alt + < ^ > v

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Gundog @ Mar 7 2009, 11:41)

Yes, they can be enabled. GTA3 has the animations needed for both, and they can be enabled through the script. I can't do it (not a scripter) but Ghost Bear could (he is coding the script for the mod).

However I think crouching wouldn't make much of a difference; you can't walk while crouching and I don't think you can shoot either (cops never shoot when crouched, so I'm guessing it's not possible). Same applies to VC (which had the ability to crouch).

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:14 PM Edited by Gundog, 07 March 2009 - 06:35 PM.

QUOTE (1TUFSS @ Mar 7 2009, 12:32)
QUOTE (Gundog @ Mar 7 2009, 11:41)

Yes, they can be enabled. GTA3 has the animations needed for both, and they can be enabled through the script. I can't do it (not a scripter) but Ghost Bear could (he is coding the script for the mod).

However I think crouching wouldn't make much of a difference; you can't walk while crouching and I don't think you can shoot either (cops never shoot when crouched, so I'm guessing it's not possible). Same applies to VC (which had the ability to crouch).

I don't want to make this look like a chatroom, but I'm sure I saw cops shooting while in crouch anim, but only singlehanded weapons like the pistol and the uzi.

It would make some difference because it'd provide you with cover from the army (we all hate those M16's), and those other pesky arsehats that prevent your killing spree.

1TUFSS
  • 1TUFSS

Full Throttle.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

I'll check if they can shoot while crouched.

:twitch:
  • :twitch:

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

awesome awesome
what about beta? blush.gif

Fischkopf
  • Fischkopf

Admin

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, we want a beta of this great mod please.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:01 PM Edited by Ghost Bear, 08 March 2009 - 07:05 PM.

I wonder if this a XBOX version or a old Kuruma headlamp textures?

user posted image

user posted image

---
Also new street textures are awesome! Really guys, you rock!

user posted image

user posted image

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

What is the difference between the xbox weapons and the pc and ps2?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users