Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

That's a lot of trouble you went through to do it wrong!

I wonder whose bright idea it was to combine an mp3 inside a Wave file? Seems completely at cross-purposes to me =\

Where did you get that from? PC Version uses IMA ADPCM, PS2 is an altered version of ADPCM (.VB Container) and Xbox uses WMA8. That converting you did at the end and forcing it back to MP3 (but in a WAVE container) pretty much ruins any quality gain purpose you had intended to do really, if people want that PS2 track, would be easier to just grab the PS2 VB file and then convert from that straight to IMA ADPCM.

Fact is as well, the STEAM Digital version of the game pretty much contains the most recent encodes of the radio, still 32Khz IMA ADPCM, but even at least here Chatterbox gets a massive boost from the low quality version it originally came with.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

I just checked and CHAT.WAV from Steam version is exactly the same as on my retail disc bought years ago. At least, hash-sums match, CRC32 D784A3E0.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:26 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 04 March 2015 - 08:26 AM.

R* didn't make any cuts to Steam version of III. Only VC if you bought it late and SA.

Foffy
  • Foffy

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:34 AM Edited by Foffy, 04 March 2015 - 08:41 AM.

R* didn't make any cuts to Steam version of III. Only VC if you bought it late and SA.

Can SA's cuts be restored by that Steam downgrade patch? And what about VC being downgraded?

I also thought the PC version of III was missing music? One of the songs on Double Cleff FM? Or were you referring to Steam updates removing songs?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

I just checked and CHAT.WAV from Steam version is exactly the same as on my retail disc bought years ago. At least, hash-sums match, CRC32 D784A3E0.

Are you certain about that? Unless Rockstar shipped a higher quality version on later Disc releases? Originally Chatterbox was 16Khz like the PS2 version, the Steam version is 32Khz.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:42 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 04 March 2015 - 08:44 AM.

Can SA's cuts be restored by that Steam downgrade patch? And what about VC being downgraded?

I also thought the PC version of III was missing? One of the songs on Double Cleff FM? Or were you referring to Steam updates removing songs?

Yeah I'm reffering to Steam updates. PC version of III was always missing O mio babbino caro and Vice City Running with the Night, but the Steam versions of VC/SA got additional cuts.

And yes that downgrader should restore even the songs. This mod also contains the cut PS2 song I mentioned.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

Are you certain about that? Unless Rockstar shipped a higher quality version on later Disc releases? Originally Chatterbox was 16Khz like the PS2 version, the Steam version is 32Khz.

Absolutely. Steam version, Deviance scene release, my own retail disc. All exactly the same.

P.S. Of course I am talking about PC version of the game. PS2 version is obviously lower quality.

mwnn
  • mwnn

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:30 PM Edited by mwnn, 04 March 2015 - 09:40 PM.

That's a lot of trouble you went through to do it wrong!

=D

Please feel free to suggest the best way to restore the missing track and keep the best overall quality.

The PS2 waveform looks to have lots of noise/static during O Mio Babbino Caro and possibly elsewhere.

I was under the impression that the XBOX tracks are superior? Which is why I attempted a hybrid track.

Where did you get that from? PC Version uses IMA ADPCM, PS2 is an altered version of ADPCM (.VB Container) and Xbox uses WMA8. That converting you did at the end and forcing it back to MP3 (but in a WAVE container) pretty much ruins any quality gain purpose you had intended to do really, if people want that PS2 track, would be easier to just grab the PS2 VB file and then convert from that straight to IMA ADPCM.

I'm merely looking at the filesize differences as well as the information in the dBpoweramp audio properties window

Double Cleff Differences

This mod also contains the cut PS2 song I mentioned.

I don't have O Mio Babbino Caro when using the XBOX mod + tracks in the first post ?!?

Hence why I went to the trouble (of doing it wrong...)

• Mateos likes this

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Rat

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:45 PM Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 04 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

Great mod, but:
1. I fixed dark vehicles by placing fixed particle.txd, but how to fix dark peds ?
2. How to completely remove ENB from vehicles ( and from peds I think ) ? I remove d3d8 and d3d9 files, but cars still look badder then original. Or maybe that is not ENB.

denis1379
  • denis1379

'No more stupid noun stories'

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:09 AM Edited by denis1379, 05 April 2015 - 06:13 AM.

Simple, use better colour of dynamic light, default in timecyc.dat is very week, change colour in Amb to Dir and edit pointlight texture in particle.txd :)
Oh, and remove enb config! Enbseries.ini

denis1379
  • denis1379

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

Hey guys, why dont you do a Ipad version, which is better than XBOX? Please upgrade that f*ck :D

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

Hey guys, why dont you do a Ipad version, which is better than XBOX? Please upgrade that f*ck :D

Checks Ipad's textures - xbox is better

Checks Ipad's reflection - xbox is better.

4bde065a46a1e31a65f60da3b1c3c26e.jpg

• Jinx. and Mega like this

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Rat

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:55 AM Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 05 April 2015 - 01:28 PM.

Simple, use better colour of dynamic light, default in timecyc.dat is very week, change colour in Amb to Dir and edit pointlight texture in particle.txd :)
Oh, and remove enb config! Enbseries.ini

I fix dark peds and something, that looks like ENB by removing iiiGFX.flt file. Now have another problem - game lags with Frame sync ON, but if turn OFF missions and cutscenes freeze.
EDIT: found a fix - cleo frame limit adjuster.
P.S. Xbox mod has a lot of old asi plugins and files, they caused some bugs.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:17 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 05 April 2015 - 02:17 PM.

Only notable difference between Xbox and Mobile version is the Pager. Mobile one is completely new.

denis1379
  • denis1379

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Only notable difference between Xbox and Mobile version is the Pager. Mobile one is completely new.
Oh really, but ipad have better lightning system, is possible to do more brightness to that dull vision? :)

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

Oh really, but ipad have better lightning system, is possible to do more brightness to that dull vision? :)

Xbox/Mobile version of GTAIII has some improvements from VC. I doubt it's really that easy to port them over.

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Rat

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:45 AM Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 06 April 2015 - 08:49 AM.

According to Rim post: particle.txd - adds real-time reflection and sun sheen imitation on vehicles for users who do not
use ENBSeries.
He told about particle.txd from steamfix to update 1. Can someone upload this file somewhere ? I don't like ENB, but interesting to see what particle can do with graphics. I can't install this by myself, because steamfix installation only applies on real III folder, and contains other useless files, they can broke my game a little.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

According to Rim post: particle.txd - adds real-time reflection and sun sheen imitation on vehicles for users who do not
use ENBSeries.
He told about particle.txd from steamfix to update 1. Can someone upload this file somewhere ? I don't like ENB, but interesting to see what particle can do with graphics. I can't install this by myself, because steamfix installation only applies on real III folder, and contains other useless files, they can broke my game a little.

One particle.txd from steamfix http://ulozto.net/xD...JM/particle-txd

• TWIST_OF_HATE likes this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:00 PM Edited by stef_92, 08 April 2015 - 12:01 PM.

The problem is that the original XBOX files are in WMA format and the PC version can read WAV files only. The first solution is just simply to uncompress the WMA files into WAV but this can make all files really big and this makes them difficult to store on the Internet. So what I decided to do is to use dbPowerAmp's converter to convert the wma files in Wave-mp3 (320kbps) format so that you can have small WAV files with almost the same quality as the original.

ALCAMJI
  • ALCAMJI

Crackhead

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

Anyway I can select what things of this mod I want to install? I dont like the new menu, the enb and the game crashes when starting a new game...

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:28 PM Edited by Mateos, 29 May 2015 - 06:28 PM.

You can remove ENB files in order to disable it (some d3d DLL files)

6pakki
  • 6pakki

Der Sämme

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Under surveillance mission doesnt complete when i have finished it

Timer runs out and mission fails

ChaynReaction
  • ChaynReaction

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

Can someone please help me. My game seems to always crash and present the message 'unhandled exception c0000005' 'at address 0048be5d' after i have applied update 2. I then apply update 2.1 (since I have the steam version of GTA 3) and I am still faced with the same problem. What will happen is the two intro cutscenes will play with only their audio, and then i get a black screen that only shows the version number in the top left corner and the only thing I can do from this point is use task manager to close GTA 3 and see the error message. Just to clarify things, my steam version of GTA 3 works fine with v1.0 of the xbox mod along with update 1 and steamfix. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted A week ago

I have recently made some spectral analysis on the PC version audio files and the xbox .wma files (i have even checked the Android version mp3 files). I realized that that the quality of the XBOX version radio stations i not higher than the PC version ones. That's all.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

Yeah no. Xbox ones have higher bitrate and are .wma instead of ancient WAV format they used on PC.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 2 days ago Edited by stef_92, 2 days ago.

Yeah no. Xbox ones have higher bitrate and are .wma instead of ancient WAV format they used on PC.

First of all WAV may be old format but it's uncompressed after all. Its simply the audio stream coded in PCM so there is no point in telling anything bad about it. Every music producer (who uses windows) exports the masters of his tracks in WAV format. On the other side MP3 and WAV formats are compressed in regard of quality loss.

XBOX version radio stations are 32KHz WMA files with 128kbps bitrate.

The PC version files are 32KHz WAV files and they are uncompressed. That's why they are much bigger.

However these WAV files were coded using 8bit PCM (not 16bit like the CD format). But you can't say if Rockstar used exactly these files to convert them into WAV. If it is so - XBOX version doesn't provide higher quality radio stations.

I'm sorry if I'm telling you things that you already know but you are just wrong. The funny thing is that I am the one who provided the radio stations download link and now I'm telling everybody that it's not worth it .

• Jinx. and Ivan1997GTA like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 days ago

You're free to have your opinion, but I disagree. No worries ;)

• Mega likes this

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted A day ago Edited by stef_92, A day ago.

You're free to have your opinion, but I disagree. No worries ;)

You are wrong about the exact thing you said - that the xbox files have higher bitrate. They don't. Their bitrate is 128kbps and the bitrate of the PC wav files is 258kbps. You can check it yourself.

Yet it's not high enough like the CD format (1411kbps) but still higher than the xbox files.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users