[III] Xbox Version

1,728 replies to this topic
Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (darkdude @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:10)
does this work for android version? anyone tried it?

Android version already has Xbox models. If you mean textures I don't think so.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone upload the peds and cars separately?

FGC
  • FGC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by FGC, 31 May 2013 - 10:14 PM.

This mod fixes missed rextures?
Screens here http://dimzet13.3dn....dition/1-1-0-48

And Android have some improvements? Did they present in mod?

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Is there any way someone could upload or give some instructions how I can easily install ONLY in-game environment textures (buildings, billboards, roads, peds etc.) and nothing else (no cars, menu, player)? Mod looks great by the way and well done for mot abounding it.

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

I love this mod but is there anyway to uninstall without re-installing the game? I was just curious.

skaterkee
  • skaterkee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by skaterkee, 15 July 2013 - 09:30 PM.

QUOTE (Nintendo898 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 13:26)
I tried the stable 1.0 release but i can see through some portions of the road (looks like reflections) and alot of vegetation and ped textures are missing (totally white) Can anyone help? Now I'm reinstalling my GTAIII and trying the 1.3 beta release. Great job anyways have some  cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

I have the same problem. A lot of trees are just white, so are the character textures. I've got 1.0 and the two updates. Everything seemed to install ok.

EDIT:
Lol sorry fixed with the instructions two pages back.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

The only thing I'm interested in is the car headlights are brighter like in the Steam version. I'm still looking for a mod that does this separately.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by Mr. Jago, 04 August 2013 - 12:11 PM.

interesting little tool seems to have popped up in this guy's sig:

http://www.gtaforums...?showuser=69648

http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/rwconv.zip

I was originally trying to find him because of his PS2 DFF converter, however this one is much more capable, if not completely remarkable. I've tried it out and it can convert models and textures directly from the PS2 version of GTA 3 to the PC version's format with no bugs, no re-exporting required. it supports xbox models and textures too, and apparently can preserve rigs, though I haven't tried it out. here's a test render of the first safehouse with no UV bugs! (alpha rendering disabled):

user posted image

sadly has lighting bugs in-game (completely black but can be seen from certain angles, almost like z-fighting), but I figure that can be worked out. someone with more knowledge than me should take a look at this.

hc41
  • hc41

The Project

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Jago @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 08:09)
QUOTE (rmws. @ Saturday, Apr 6 2013, 07:05)
interesting little tool seems to have popped up in this guy's sig:

http://www.gtaforums...?showuser=69648

http://aap.papnet.eu/gta/rwconv.zip

I was originally trying to find him because of his PS2 DFF converter, however this one is much more capable, if not completely remarkable. I've tried it out and it can convert models and textures directly from the PS2 version of GTA 3 to the PC version's format with no bugs, no re-exporting required. it supports xbox models and textures too, and apparently can preserve rigs, though I haven't tried it out. here's a test render of the first safehouse with no UV bugs! (alpha rendering disabled):

sadly has lighting bugs in-game (completely black but can be seen from certain angles, almost like z-fighting), but I figure that can be worked out. someone with more knowledge than me should take a look at this.

I assume every user who owns a steam version of GTA3 encounters the notorious black cars glitch. Well, it can be easily fixed by modifying particle.txd file and I was thinking about uploading a fix for Xbox mod on gtagarage. Anyone's interested?

That could be very useful.

I didn't get the new horn sounds with the update. Will you include the black cars fix in an update? Even with a "fixed" particle.txd, the cars still don't look right.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Was it just me or does the Double Clef FM still doesn't include 'O Mio Babbino Caro'?

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by ToyGT_one, 14 August 2013 - 04:55 PM.

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 13:20)
Was it just me or does the Double Clef FM still doesn't include 'O Mio Babbino Caro'?

It's says in the main post that they use the ps2 Double Clef FM but i downloaded all the radios in the the download link and i listening to the radio the whole time and i didn't hear that music.

why they cut this song on pc, ios , xbox and android if they use it in the gta3 trailers.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by nkjellman, 16 August 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Is there any mod like this for VC? I have only found Xbox cars for VC.

There are a few things that are different.
-Cars and wheels as we all know
-Textures are higher resolution
-Characters in cut scenes have hands with separate fingers.
-Rain drops that show on the camera are reflective.
-Foot step sounds are different. (I still prefer the foot step sound from VC PC/PS2/Mobile, SA, LCS, and VCS)

Then there are the advantages from the mobile version over the Xbox, PC, and PS2.
-Detail overlays
-Not sure but mobile may have even higher resolution textures on max settings.
-Not sure if its from Xbox, but I remember Rockstar saying the weapons are high quality.
-Less of a chance at falling off your bike.
-Only one of the speed boats at the boat yard starts the time trial mission.
-I noticed after doing side missions (I think the police, and paramedic), if you die or are arrested you don't loose your weapons (III and VC)
-Its optional to auto aim or free aim with weapons like the mini gun, or any other gun that goes into first person, minus the Sniper Riffle, and RPG.

One other thing I noticed about VC. On PS2, I think its more sensitive to fall damage than PC, Xbox, and mobile. In the Estate, if you sprint down the stairs, you take fall damage on PS2, but not on any other version.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

This never happened to the other fellow.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 00:13)

-Foot step sounds are different. (I still prefer the foot step sound from VC PC/PS2/Mobile, SA, LCS, and VCS)

Then there are the advantages from the mobile version over the Xbox, PC, and PS2.
-Detail overlays
-Not sure if its from Xbox, but I remember Rockstar saying the weapons are high quality.
-I noticed after doing side missions (I think the police, and paramedic), if you die or are arrested you don't loose your weapons (III and VC)
-Its optional to auto aim or free aim with weapons like the mini gun, or any other gun that goes into first person, minus the Sniper Riffle, and RPG.

One other thing I noticed about VC. On PS2, I think its more sensitive to fall damage than PC, Xbox, and mobile. In the Estate, if you sprint down the stairs, you take fall damage on PS2, but not on any other version.

This is what you may be looking for, it has xbox stuff, aswell as stuf from the other ports like mobile.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 August 2013 - 05:41 AM.

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 05:16)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 00:13)

-Detail overlays

This is what you may be looking for, it has xbox stuff, aswell as stuf from the other ports like mobile.

Thanks. Looks good, however, that one has all this other stuff that makes it not an official Xbox mod

mudflesh
  • mudflesh

Mudflesh

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Cool and nice one from you all and I said congrat for your effort exert to be this into reality.Always be there for us GTA 3 infatuates and GTA riddens.Bravo and keep it up. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif moto_whistle.gif sigh.gif

Beckermann-Dewitt
  • Beckermann-Dewitt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Sorry for such a stupid question, but would it be possible to tell me how many files you have in each .img when you install this mod?

For mine, I have the following

txd.img = 710 files
gta3.img = 3856

When I first installed the modification, I had 720 files in the txd.img, and definitely more files in the gta3.img. Reinstalling the game and then the mod does not correct this issue.

Also, I found a bug. In the ghost town, go into replay mode (F1) and press it again to exit. Claude will now fall through the road into the water.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Darth_Starkiller, 11 September 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Just wondering, could you release the unfaithful improvements as a separate download? Great mod by the way.

Edit: Having some problems. While the whole installation goes great, when I get to Patch 2, required for Steam Version, it gives me this: fxGCRC4.png

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by stef_92, 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Just wondering, could you release the unfaithful improvements as a separate download? Great mod by the way.

Edit: Having some problems. While the whole installation goes great, when I get to Patch 2, required for Steam Version, it gives me this: fxGCRC4.png

As I can see there is some problem with enbseries.ini. Just to tell you - the Steam versions of GTA don't support ENB

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

So, I discovered I hadn't applied the Steam fix yet. However, it still displays the same, error, but this time, it's the d3d8.dll archive. I've tried taking it away, but it gives the same error. Ideas anyone?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Try to run the intstaller as administrator.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Still nothing. 

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Still nothing. 

Just delete the ENB series files and everything will be OK

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

The mod works but I'm having lots of white textures. For instance the player itself, the bushes besides the school and some car parts are white. The first safehouse is also white-ish. I tried deleting the txd.img and txd.dir but the game didn't rebuild them. What's the solution to this?

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

The mod works but I'm having lots of white textures. For instance the player itself, the bushes besides the school and some car parts are white. The first safehouse is also white-ish. I tried deleting the txd.img and txd.dir but the game didn't rebuild them. What's the solution to this?

If you don't want the player's texture to be white delete the files from the skins folder and models/generic/player.bmp

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:16 PM Edited by Darth_Starkiller, 15 September 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Just delete the ENB series files and everything will be OK

I tried. But for some reason, the installer keeps giving the same error, even without the problematic files.

By the way, I suppose you have to install the 1.1 steam fix before installing 2.0 and it's steam fix?

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

If you don't want the player's texture to be white delete the files from the skins folder and models/generic/player.bmp

I'll try that but what about texture errors with bushes, trees, some buildings and cars? How do I fix that?

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'll try that but what about texture errors with bushes, trees, some buildings and cars? How do I fix that?

I wonder how many people here have problems with the textures.. I never had.

I am starting to think that after installing the mod you delete the txd.img file...

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I didn't delete it at first but when I figured there was a texture error, I recalled from installing RealGTA that white textures can be fixed by rebuilding the txd.img. That's why I deleted it. However, it didn't rebuild itself.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

It seems that the 4shared staff has deleted my XBOX radio stations folder and the link is no longer aviable. So I had to upload the files in mediafire. This is the new link for the xbox radio stations:

http://www.mediafire...For_PC_version)

• Mr. Jago likes this

squeakyg
  • squeakyg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have just tried this mod (because I felt like some GTAIII nostalgia, and wanted to play it with the best graphics possible).

Some minor annoyances:

- Certain parts of the roads are transparent.

- In cutscenes, some characters' hands don't connect to the wrists properly.

- The HUD is reflected in the cars.

Are there any fixes for these issues?

• Mega likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users