Photo

[III] Xbox Version HD

2,020 replies to this topic
UltraNuparu
  • UltraNuparu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Can anyone continue to update this? I want to join but I need to know how to do this stuff.

UltraNuparu
  • UltraNuparu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Has anyone tried to convert everything missing from the Xbox to the PC? If not, then has anyone tried to recruit expert coders from the GTA community to contribute?  If not then let's try (If they don't have the Xbox disks then post a download containing ALL the files from the disk). I am DESPERATE to play GTA 3 and Vice City with all the new graphics, I have the Xbox versions of the games but I don't have an original Xbox (I have an Xbox 360 but it doesn't work for some reason, yes, it does have a hard drive and it's up to date, and no, the disk is not badly scratched up because it works fine at my friend's house).

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 13 April 2014 - 10:02 AM.

this mod has become my essential mod for GTA 3, there is a problem though: whenever a model is imported to 3DS Max by Kam's script, it goes unsmoothed and will look blocky ingame, many modders haven't aware of this and GTA 3 XBOX mod is one of the victim. so I eventually have to reimport,smoothed pretty much every character models from the mod by myself.

so, I think it's a good idea to share my "unofficial patch" here, sadly vehicles is not my field so I can't do anything about that

http://www.mediafire...oxPedPatch1.rar

would be great if someone can make comparison screenshot, I just don't have much time for it, but here are some pics:

BEFORE: (dat arms)

image_43415.jpg

AFTER:

1lJAMYT.jpg

i3DP60x.jpg

8AVy8GU.jpg

WOImCyz.jpg

nhQvHM5.jpg

• :twitch: likes this

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

So I went and got GTA 3 again after finding a xinput/xbox360/ps3 controller mod, which works wonders, and then I got into looking for HD mods.

I was able to install XBOX mod version 1.0, but when I try to install update 1.0 it works for a few moments and then the isntaller tells me that it couldn't create "Frontend.txd" and then rolls back the changes.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit as admin (since its my computer), and I tried running the update as admin and in the game folder but it keeps giving me that error. I also tried deleting/trashing frontend.txd but that just gave me an error telling me that "frontend.txd" could not be opened.

ANyone got any ideas? BTW I'm pretty sure I have Version 1.0

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:16 AM

Never Mind, I just went and did stuff by hand everytime it gave me an error by copying over the file in the error from the backup folder to the proper folder. Had to do this with update 2....

oh well, I got it all working and my game looks nicer :3 

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Does this mod install/work on Windows 8?

one2fwee4
  • one2fwee4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Does this versoin have moving fingers like the xbox version or are they just static still?

I know for a fact they fists could close in the xbox version but i can't remember if they moved individually.

It was especially noticable in cutscenes but also i think you could stick your finger up at traffic etc.

I wonder if the Russian equivalent mod for Vice city has this too?

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Does this mod install/work on Windows 8?

It does.

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

wosh u face

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by Mr. Jago, 23 April 2014 - 10:10 PM.

Does this versoin have moving fingers like the xbox version or are they just static still?

I know for a fact they fists could close in the xbox version but i can't remember if they moved individually.

It was especially noticable in cutscenes but also i think you could stick your finger up at traffic etc.

I wonder if the Russian equivalent mod for Vice city has this too?

they're static, but they do use the same detachable parts system the heads do, so if the work was put in it could be possible. the PC edition of vice city doesn't support it though, whoever's managing that mod would probably need need to merge the hand and character models together (along with the animations), but that'd take a great deal of work (if it's even possible) so I doubt it's gonna happen :/

also giving the finger is possible in all versions, the finger is a separate model on ps2 and pc but I don't know about xbox

InTheCatBoxAgain
  • InTheCatBoxAgain

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

I installed the mod with all patches, including the steam specific ones, and the cars are black.

There's also a missing crosswalk texture.

Any ideas?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

I installed the mod with all patches, including the steam specific ones, and the cars are black.

There's also a missing crosswalk texture.

Any ideas?

that's GTA 3 Steam exe problem, blame R* for their suck ass PC support.

you can download the fixed exe to fix this

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1375764

oh, and reduce draw distance seems to worked for me without the fix

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

That's because of a broken particle.txd, not the EXE. Check out THIS THREAD.

SilentPatch includes this aswell.

InTheCatBoxAgain
  • InTheCatBoxAgain

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Tried SilentPatch first, and that didn't seem to work.

I then tried the fixed EXE, which did help with the darkness, but now reflections are very white. All the cars look grey/white if you're at the wrong angle or too far from them.

And the crosswalk texture still hasn't reappeared.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:34 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 02 May 2014 - 04:37 AM.

That's because of a broken particle.txd, not the EXE. Check out THIS THREAD.

SilentPatch includes this aswell.

no. XBOX mod has its own particle.txd, isn't?

And the crosswalk texture still hasn't reappeared.

sadly, I can't fix the invisible crosswalk as well. sometime restart the game seems to fix the bug, and sometime it just happens again

oh, and try to reduce draw distance with the Steam exe

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

Lost, but not forgotten.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by undergroundvicious, 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

I installed it, following the instructions, but I was getting those blanks models and that lack of textures.

I realized that my game was not generating the txd.img - it was showing the message about "optimizing textures for your

video board", but it was using a standard inside the game. To generate the file correctly, do this:

1) Install GTA III;

2) Copy the "Audio" directory from CD2 to your main GTA 3 directory;

3) Crack the game;

4) Execute gta3.exe as Administrator, and configure your preferences;

5) Start a new game (you'll receive the message "optimizing textures to your video board";

6) Play for a while, then exit the game. If you check the models directory, you'll find now the txd.img;

7) Install GTA 3 Xbox Mod + Updates as Administrator.

8) Run gta3.exe as administrator.

The game will run without blank/missing textures. But then I face another problem: models are "in blocks", like these:

99fko4.jpg

2a0dekn.jpg

It was useless rebuild gta3.img and txd.img. I already tried badboy_zay "unofficial patch", but it didn't work. Vehicles and map are fine, but actors and peds look like "Lego". Version 1.0 of the game.

Any fix/solution to this?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

It's an old game, that's how it was originally.

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

Lost, but not forgotten.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by undergroundvicious, 08 June 2014 - 10:21 PM.

It's an old game, that's how it was originally.

Are you sure about this? I checked on YT videos about the Xbox gameplay of GTA III, and the models fit perfectly. The mobile

version shows Xbox models, and they have no issues too. 

I know PC has a different dff structure, but I don't know if this problem should be ocurring. What we really need now was a tool

to convert models from mobile versions. nick7 was able to update txdf*cker, giving us the possibility to extract txd from mobile;

Mrckos_27041995 was converting cutscene models from VC mobile. Mobile files are the best way to improve our old PC versions of the 

3D era.

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Cutscene models look like legos, because PC version (also PS2) of GTA3 uses different animation system, which means in order to use Xbox models, I had to cut mesh in pieces to convert them. Just like ThirteenAG said, it is an old game and animation technique used for this game is really crappy.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 25 June 2014 - 06:53 AM.

my "patch" only smooth the model, otherwise that is how GTA 3's models suppose to work. it's an old game using old bone system.

but then, with my patch, it should improve the models a lot because rmws hadn't awared of the Kam's script bug

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Actually, Update 1 or 2 (I don't remember) provides smoothed cutscene models.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:13 AM

but you didn't smooth all of them :p. I also smoothed the peds with xbox hands too, some of them look pretty bad in unsmooth stage so I just smoothed them all.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:50 AM Edited by clement_attlee, 05 July 2014 - 05:43 PM.

I have the latest updates and all but when I start a new game I get:

Unhandled Exception

Unhandled exception: c0000005

At address: 005b3bda

Please help I really wanna play GTA III again!  :(

EDIT: I get the error when the game is configuring the textures or something.

ZaxxerDog
  • ZaxxerDog

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by ZaxxerDog, 09 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

First and foremost excuse me for being a bit harsh but I don't really like if I have to register to a board I totally don't want to because I get some weird error. Frankly, if the guide for this mod wasn't written like "Install this, install that, play, yay, so simple!" I wouldn't even have started installing this sh*t.

First my problem was that all the cars were dark. I fixed that by rebuilding the IMG archives manually with IMG tools. Now, the game just crashes when I start a new game the second I enter the car where Eightball is. How to fix this?

A message to the mod's creator: if your sh*t doesn't work, fix it or just delete it from the face of the Earth. People don't have time to fix your mistakes.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

A message to the mod's creator: if your sh*t doesn't work, fix it or just delete it from the face of the Earth. People don't have time to fix your mistakes.

And with that attitude, don't expect any help. :p
  • AdusPL likes this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

obrzygane rzygi

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

People don't have time to fix your mistakes.

Yeah, read it carefully.

ZaxxerDog
  • ZaxxerDog

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

People don't have time to fix your mistakes.

Yeah, read it carefully.

Did everything how it was written in the instructions: fresh install of GTA 3 (Steam version), it ran okay, then I installed the mod and now it crashes. Why? Only the mod's creator knows because I sure as sh*t don't.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

obrzygane rzygi

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Did everything how it was written in the instructions: fresh install of GTA 3 (Steam version), it ran okay, then I installed the mod and now it crashes. Why? Only the mod's creator knows because I sure as sh*t don't.

So why it works perfectly to me? Maybe it's Steam version problem. I don't know.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Such a bullsh*t reason for you simply not paying attention. Instead of getting mad, how about you ask for help?

Did you download the update 2.1 for the Steam version of the mod?

ZaxxerDog
  • ZaxxerDog

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

So why it works perfectly to me? Maybe it's Steam version problem. I don't know.

That's nice: the Steam version has problems (installed all the Steam fixes btw.) but pirates playing with a cracked exe are having their fun? Yarr, I guess?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

That's nice: the Steam version has problems (installed all the Steam fixes btw.) but pirates playing with a cracked exe are having their fun? Yarr, I guess?

Seriously, just leave this forum if you're going to talk like an absolute c*nt. If you're having problems with the Steam version, go whine to R* and nobody else.
  • AdusPL likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users