» «
Photo

[III] Xbox Version HD

2,097 replies to this topic
Ozi
  • Ozi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:37 AM Edited by Ozi, 22 October 2011 - 12:55 PM.

Anyone have 502 gateway error at download?
Or there is mirror link to v1.0?
I just bought gta3 and I want to improve my nostalgia with this mod.

Yay, it's working again.

LibertyCityStories
  • LibertyCityStories

GTA III Legend

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Zedo Mann @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 08:52)
Quick question: If I'm using 1.0 right now and I update to a new version, will my saves still work fine?

1.0 save files work with 1.1 so even with the mod you don't have to have any problems with save files

Zedo Mann
  • Zedo Mann

Everyday I'm hustlin'!

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (LibertyCityStories @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 09:47)
QUOTE (Zedo Mann @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 08:52)
Quick question: If I'm using 1.0 right now and I update to a new version, will my saves still work fine?

1.0 save files work with 1.1 so even with the mod you don't have to have any problems with save files

I meant 1.0 of the mod on 1.1 GTA3, and if I update to a later version of the mod it should still work fine though, right?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Has this been documented at all?

The STEAM version of Grand Theft Auro 3 not only has the audio improvements from the Xbox version, but actually has a custom TXD.img that comes in at a whopping 300MB! The game automatically bypasses the Texture Creating Process and uses this file, I looked into it, and, well, it's all the textures from GTA3.IMG But UNCOMPRESSED 32bit, so there's no artifacting or slight colour distortion that's seen in the Disc Version and the Xbox version.

Just thought it was rather interesting that this and the Audio Update were slipped into the Steam version with no mention at all.

cjd2425
  • cjd2425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:34 AM Edited by cjd2425, 26 October 2011 - 08:33 PM.

I read it was also supposed to have the car front headlights working (like in VC), and has light reflections on the road when it is raining or on wet floor I guess.

This is a bug in the original game, the UV map is upside down, any idea if this can be fixed by flipping the texture, I mean if the correct UV is not used anywhere else in the game, otherwise the UV would have to flipped for each single model (which may be a pain).

user posted image

Is even more notable now that the texture has pedestrians.

Any chance of including the PS2 loadscreens which are already in the PC files, there were some mods, but one doesn't work with the 1.1 version, and the other seems to replace the menus with backgrounds along the loadscreens. I have no idea if the Xbox version used the same ones as the PC.

EDIT: or maybe the texture was flipped to match the original ?

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

I had no idea that steam version of gta3 has better quality audio and a custom txd.img.. I'm thinking about getting gta3 on steam just out of curiosity.

I read it was also supposed to have the car front headlights working (like in VC), and has light reflections on the road when it is raining or on wet floor I guess.

I asked pearcyp if he could share the memory address which can re-enable headlights and he kindly agreed, so this feature *might* be included in the next update. Some users in GTA III section reported that light reflections do not appear on wet roads. Well, I heard that this bug is caused by new graphics cards or drivers.

This is a bug in the original game, the UV map is upside down, any idea if this can be fixed by flipping the texture, I mean if the correct UV is not used anywhere else in the game, otherwise the UV would have to flipped for each single model (which may be a pain).

Fixed.

Any chance of including the PS2 loadscreens which are already in the PC files, there were some mods, but one doesn't work with the 1.1 version, and the other seems to replace the menus with backgrounds along the loadscreens. I have no idea if the Xbox version used the same ones as the PC.

There is no point in enabling ps2 loadscreens. IF Xbox version would have them, I would.

Zedo Mann, your savegames are safe smile.gif Savegames from beta 1.2 do not work with other versions.

News:
Fixed most of bugs caused by new shadows
Added v1.0 gta3.exe support. You do not have to patch v1.0 exe to run this mod anymore!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have to say, thanks to the mod creator, I'm not using all of the mod, I took the TXD.IMG from this mod and then imported the buildings into the default one, so now I have my desired thing which was to just have the building textures from the Xbox version, along with OnePiece's HD Cars.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Some users in GTA III section reported that light reflections do not appear on wet roads. Well, I heard that this bug is caused by new graphics cards or drivers.

So is there any way to fix that??

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday @ Oct 28 2011, 19:55)
So is there any way to fix that??

Light reflections appear when I launch gta3 on my old laptop, but on the new one not. I don't know if there is a way to fix it, but I could take a glance at the exe later.

cjd2425
  • cjd2425

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:36 PM Edited by cjd2425, 31 October 2011 - 02:08 AM.

This could be a problem on my end but the arrow marker has flat lighting, none at all or no specular/bevel. Is it supposed to look like this ?

Default <-> XBOX Mod v1.0 <-> XBOX

user posted image <-> user posted image <-> user posted image

EDIT: could be some sort of light source missing ?

There is no point in enabling ps2 loadscreens. IF Xbox version would have them, I would.

Thanks for answering, I didn't know about it.

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (cjd2425 @ Sunday, Oct 30 2011, 23:36)
This could be a problem on my end but the arrow marker has flat lighting, none at all or no specular/bevel. Is it supposed to look like this ?

Default <-> XBOX Mod v1.0 <-> XBOX

user posted image <-> user posted image <-> user posted image

EDIT: could be some sort of light source missing ?

Thanks for answering, I didn't know about it.

I disabled speclight on mission arrow, because it becomes transparent when ENB reflections are enabled.

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

Game menu is almost complete. It still needs a bit of tweaking but I'm happy with the current result.

Original one:
user posted image

Remake:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Great stuff, will download the next release. icon14.gif

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

holy sh*t! that look awesome icon14.gif
better stop playing a while to waiting for next update biggrin.gif

lalalala93
  • lalalala93

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

that is a sexy menu mod it completely owns the pc's menu and i am just blown away on how well the xbox graphics absolutely own the ps2/pc i never would have thought the graphical differences would be so huge for just a different console. Also with that mission marker (because i hate enb series on gta3 it makes all of my textures look like 8-bit or 16-bit colour quality) how do you enable spec light on it or what is the model name for the mission marker so i can get the original one.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Any updates?

Fireburns
  • Fireburns

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (lalalala93 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 23:05)
that is a sexy menu mod it completely owns the pc's menu and i am just blown away on how well the xbox graphics absolutely own the ps2/pc i never would have thought the graphical differences would be so huge for just a different console. Also with that mission marker (because i hate enb series on gta3 it makes all of my textures look like 8-bit or 16-bit colour quality) how do you enable spec light on it or what is the model name for the mission marker so i can get the original one.

Make sure that after enabling ENB Series you have to reassign (in-game) GTAIII using 32 bit textures. ENB Series changes to 16 bit per default.

Fireburns

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Saturday @ Nov 26 2011, 18:16)
Any updates?

Just adding support for all game languages.

And I have some news for ya:
Update patch for Xbox mod v1 will be released next month. The project is nearly complete and I highly doubt there is going to be another release after this one. We're approaching the very last version of this mod smile.gif

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:27 PM Edited by sibs44, 28 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Wow so it will basically be the entire xbox version? Even with the cutscene lighting and raindrops on the camera when it rains?

yojc
  • yojc

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

It'll be just an update for the last version, yeah? It won't be a standalone release?
That's good, I've just reinstalled GTA3 (and then installed all the mods, XBOX included) and I don't wanna go through this process again icon14.gif

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hello,

I've been looking for a graphical mod last week, after have switched my CD installation to the Steam one (With adding the blood + rampage EXE), and so I found yours interesting and promising smile.gif

Just few "problems" so far:
- When I browse to my Steam GTA III folder, the installer made a subfolder named GTAIII (The original CD folder so). Steam installation folder name is grand theft auto 3. Since I'm at work, I can't browse my regedit to tell you the registry key of the installation, which could help the installer to auto-detect the correct path and not make mistakes.
- ENB always and still does not let any overlay run. Steam In-Game does not load with ENB enabled, and with it disabled you can take screenshots or videos with Steam or Xfire. Could this be fixed?

Thanks for the work you put you and the others listed in the first post, keep going smile.gif

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Monday @ Nov 28 2011, 23:27)
Wow so it will basically be the entire xbox version? Even with the cutscene lighting and raindrops on the camera when it rains?

Nah, no advanced stuff like that.

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Monday @ Nov 28 2011, 23:30)
It'll be just an update for the last version

This.

QUOTE (Mateos @ Tuesday @ Nov 29 2011, 11:04)
- When I browse to my Steam GTA III folder, the installer made a subfolder named GTAIII (The original CD folder so). Steam installation folder name is grand theft auto 3. Since I'm at work, I can't browse my regedit to tell you the registry key of the installation, which could help the installer to auto-detect the correct path and not make mistakes.

Just copy all contents from GTAIII to grand theft auto 3 after installation. Make sure you delete xboxui.cs file from GTAIII\CLEO\ to avoid any game crashes (for steam users only).

QUOTE (Mateos @ Tuesday @ Nov 29 2011, 11:04)
- ENB always and still does not let any overlay run. Steam In-Game does not load with ENB enabled, and with it disabled you can take screenshots or videos with Steam or Xfire. Could this be fixed?

I don't know, because I'm not the author of ENBSeries. You should contact BorisVorontsov instead smile.gif

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

Got a problem. Just after 8-Ball starts saying "I know a place...", the game freezes then crashes. Help?

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Just received the mail notification, sorry ^^'

Would be better to have a simple installation for non-advanced Windows users isn't it? Removed the CLEO folder, thanks smile.gif

I know some modders are editing ENBSeries top make it working the way they want it, like fix the HUD reflection on VC, some lighting effects on SA... But it's fine, thanks smile.gif

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:51 PM Edited by Magic_Al, 19 December 2011 - 05:55 AM.

When there's a final version, will there be a way to get the files for manual install without an .exe? I'd like to replace the files in the Mac version, which is the PC version pretty much, but I can't run an .exe without installing Windows. I'm not interested in other mods, it just drives me nuts that the Mac version (like the Steam PC version apparently) didn't get the updates of the Xbox or iPad!

Also, same for Vice City?

EDIT: I used Windows to get the files installed into the GTAIII folder that's within the Mac app package. Had to also install CLEO so there would be a folder, and had to remove the new .dll files but then it worked great.

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Sometimes 7Zip or WinRAR can open EXE files and extract them, you can try this on Mac maybe?

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have two questions:

Is there any way that I can change the resolution from 1600x900x16 to 1600x900x32?

Something in the mod isn't allowing me to take screenshots via Steam. How can I fix this?

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

1) Yes, start the game, don't load any savegame, because when you're in Liberty you can't change the resolution, and use your arrow keys in Videos settings, you'll have all 16 bits res then the same with 32 bits.

2) It's ENB Series, even disabled personnaly I can't. Go in your GTA III folder, and remove the DLLs and the INIs except gta3.ini, for DLLs make a backup, I'm sure about d3d9 and d3d9 but not the others...

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:11 PM Edited by WhistleBlower, 29 December 2011 - 08:17 PM.

Okay, I found it now. Lol.

I say this because after I downloaded the mod, I noticed this "watery" effect on some textures and the clouds.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Do you think you may find out whats causing the crashes in the cut scenes? I think it has to do with the text. Because I crashed when I flew the Dodo, and when I landed the Dodo, right when the text poped up to tell me how long I flew, I crashed. I didnt even get to see the text.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users