» «
Photo

Easy ammo glitch.

8 replies to this topic
Danger Is Go
  • Danger Is Go

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:06 PM Edited by Danger Is Go, 19 February 2009 - 05:11 PM.

I found a glitch that lets you easily horde SMG ammo. Basically, park a bike right next to the minigun Rampage, get it, and immediately hop back on. The minigun will replace your SMG if you did it right, and after you finish the Rampage (whether you pass or not), your SMG of choice will have 1000 extra bullets at least. I found this on accident originally, but now I exploit the hell out of it.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'm not quite following you here.

I've tried this multiple times, but I never got rewarded with at least 1,000 bullets worth of te SMG. What happened was, I did what you stateed; hopped off the bike, picked up the rampage and hopped back on the bike. I had an unlimited supply of SMG ammo whilst I was on the bike, and only whilst I was on the mission. When I hopped off the bike, my weapon of choice reverted back to the Minigun, as it's mandatory to use it for the rampage. I then hopped on my bike and waited until I failed the mission. Nothing happened. Could you be more specific in regards to the method please mate? This glitch sounds really promising. biggrin.gif

Maybe it only works on the PC version of the game, I on platinum PS2 version so I have no idea. What platform are you on?

Danger Is Go
  • Danger Is Go

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:41 PM Edited by Danger Is Go, 20 February 2009 - 04:46 PM.

Okay, "at least 1000" was an exaggeration. I'm not good at math. Either way, I got more bullets than I started out with.

As for the specifics, that was about it. Except I didn't wait around for the timer to tick down. That might be the problem. I only failed this thing once, and that was because my minigun stopped firing for some reason. Oh and it's the PS2 version.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

I also didn't sit and wait for the timer to hit zero. I sped as far away from the location of the rampage as possible, because of the soldiers that spawn outside and around the Airbase. I may be doing something wrong, so I'll definitely give this another attempt at a later stage, in the hope that this trick will work. Watch this space.

Just to be sure, you have to go into the rampage already equipped with the SMG ammo in your weapon slot, don't you? You didn't state this previously, but it's something I've made sure I had prior to attempting this trick, and something you've touched up on in your last post.

Danger Is Go
  • Danger Is Go

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 20 2009, 17:02)
I also didn't sit and wait for the timer to hit zero. I sped as far away from the location of the rampage as possible, because of the soldiers that spawn outside and around the Airbase. I may be doing something wrong, so I'll definitely give this another attempt at a later stage, in the hope that this trick will work. Watch this space.

Just to be sure, you have to go into the rampage already equipped with the SMG ammo in your weapon slot, don't you? You didn't state this previously, but it's something I've made sure I had prior to attempting this trick, and something you've touched up on in your last post.

The airbase? Ah, f*ck. I forgot about that one. The one I used was outside the building with the weird sculpture in Downtown. I probably should've been more specific.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Easy mistake to make. Hell, I completely forgot about the one at the foot of the VAJ building you were referring to!

I've just given this a go, and by golly it worked! Prior to beginning the rampage I had 251 bullets in my weapon slot, and after I failed the challenge I had a total of 502 bullets in my weapon slot. Which is an increase of exactly 251 bullets, or double the amount I initially had. I then gave this another go to see if this theory is correct, this time with my 502 bullets in my weapon slot, and when I failed the challenge my ammo amount remained the same. I also attempted this by remaining mobile (from re-loading the game since I gather it only works once). I started with 311 bullets in my weapon slot, and it worked again, giving me double the amount of ammunition I had prior to attempting the rampage. So it doesn't matter if you remain mobile. I then decided to think outside the box and attempt this in a vehicle, which was the Regina(!). I again remained mobile, and it again worked, increasing my 60 strong ammo to 120. Oh and, it does work for both minigun rampages. This may seem a little complicated, so to make it clearer, this is what I've gathered from the trick-

•It doubles your amount of SMG ammuntion you had prior to triggering the rampage
•It only works once
•It works with both minigun rampages
•It works with any vehicle (one would assume)
•It doe work if you remain mobile
•You have to be equipped with SMG ammunition in order for this trick to work

I wonder if it works on all rampages as well? Or perhaps with other varous weapons like the Uzi?

Great find, mate (if it's not already well known, new to me anyway!), this will be very useful for an easy and quick way to retrieve weapon ammunition. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Pretty sweet. I've never heard of this before. Looks like Vice has its own version of SA's famed Ammunation shooting range ammo trick. colgate.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

Right. I've been experimenting like crazy today. Here's my findings-

-I first located a vehicle, the first one I saw once I had loaded my game. It was the Sentinel XS. I then decided what weapon I was going to attempt this with. Sticking with an SMG (since no other weapon will work), I picked up the Tec-9 from Vicepoint, and then I attempted the Drive-by rampage located at the edge of the Cul-de-sac in North Vicepoint. I started the rampage with 100 bullets in my weapon slot, then I entered my vehicle and waited for the timer to go down, remaining immobile throughout. Didn't work.

-I again remained in my Sentinel XS, and then triggered the rampage on the island on Washington Beach; the one adjacent to the construction site and across from the tool shop. You have to drive-by and kill 25 gang members with the Tec-9. Again remaining immobile, I waited until the timer ran out, still equipped with my 100 bullets. Didn't work

-I then changed vehicles, hopped in an Esperanto and made my way to the top of Washington Mall's car-park, then triggered the Shotgun rampage and this time drove around whilst waiting for the timer to go down. Success!! When I failed the mission, my bullet amount increased from 100 to 200! So now we know that it works with the Shotgun rampage on top of Washington Mall. I re-loaded the game and tried this again, this time in an Oceanic and remaining immobile, and it worked again. This method works with all SMG weapons.

-I then re-loaded my game, picked up the Mac from the Docks in Viceport, and triggered the Rocket Launcher rampage on the Northernmost cruiseliner. I remained immobile and waited for the timer to go down. Success... again! The possibilities for this challenge are truly endless, but here is what I think is the correct way to go about this-

•It doubles your amount of SMG ammunition you had prior to triggering the rampage
•It only works once in a save game. Save your game and re-load to make it work again
•It works with all rampages, except for the Sub-machine gun ones
•It works with any vehicle
•It doe work if you remain mobile
•You have to be equipped with Sub-machine gun ammunition in order for this trick to work- It works with any sub-machine gun in the game
•It doesn't work with any other weapon that you cannot use whilst behind the wheel of a vehicle/bike

That's certainly what I gather from it, anyway. Might be a good idea if somebody else were to verify this great Bug exploit. icon14.gif

p3v
  • p3v

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:48 AM

i got another method to get ammo free
i play the pc version of gtavc

visit the airport/golf course through the metal detector whenever you've used all ammo of your gun(s)
the game will spawn gun-pickup(s) with ammos no matter your guns got any ammo or not
(after you used all ammo of a certain weapon, u mustn't die nor get arrested or it won't work)

best to use for guns like m60, minigun, sniper type, grenade, .. since it's quite expensive to buy or bothering to get one without cheat

--
another bug related to rampage...

before "bikemorphing" you were holding the weapon #whatever
"bikemorph" with a rampage icon instead of a cloth icon
then wait until u get the rampage weapon
get off & get on & get off your bike
u will now hold your weapon #whatever
u can now kill gang members with #whatever
but it doesnt count as any kill in the rampage & u are in fact using your own ammos

"bikemorph": eat the rampage icon & get in a vehicle before u have recieved the rampage weapon
if u got a slow machine like me (700mhz cpu), then u might be able to perform it with vehicles other than bike

"bikemorph" is related to a trick-jump thing... i somehow used it here with another meaning....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users