Photo

Is this DLC worth it?

7 replies to this topic
Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

I've heard alot about the new DLC. Cool features with the lobby have been added so you don't have to keep looking for the right game and new modes for multiplayer and the new cars and new weapons but I'm somewhat critical as I've also heard the bad stuff thats been added or even taken away for that part. So I'm asking the people who have bought and downloaded this is it actually worth my money?

Laxsith
  • Laxsith

Cheese.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

I liked the missions in this a lot more than Niko's, and the story is really interesting. The new gamemodes are a lot of fun, and the new player models are great. I think the only downsides are not being able to set respawn distance in freemode. But that isn't that bad wink.gif .

Definitely worth the money.

gypo
  • gypo

Mightyman

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

I paid 13 pounds for it...yeah great value

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Prfctpersistent @ Feb 19 2009, 15:34)
I've heard alot about the new DLC. Cool features with the lobby have been added so you don't have to keep looking for the right game and new modes for multiplayer and the new cars and new weapons but I'm somewhat critical as I've also heard the bad stuff thats been added or even taken away for that part. So I'm asking the people who have bought and downloaded this is it actually worth my money?

For me, it's worth every penny and more.

It's adding in _alot_ to IV, when you really think about it, from a new character that now shows a darker side of LC, to gang wars, to road rash like gang fights, to a heck of alot better music(that also is available now in Niko's story)..ect

TLAD, for me is more intense then the original..more of a 'rush', and reminds me of earlier GTA's, something that Niko's story lacked.

It really feels/plays like a new game in a bunch of ways, it's just not nearly as long as Niko's story.(but that is expected, it's a $20 DLC afterall)

Also, it makes GTA:IV as a whole feel like a deeper experience, as these two storylines are connected to each other.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Definitely.
Don't listen to any sour pusses that walk in here (if any) though. As the majority on here (I would guess) would say it's sh*t (e.g: OMG no annihilators, the game suckz!!11!), whilst the main populace who like it will still be playing it (like myself). It's a fantastic piece of DLC that probably rivals the main game itself in terms of content and gameplay.

kyuuki
  • kyuuki

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Single player: great story

Multiplayer, Screwed up, Get your act together rockstar.

Stevarius
  • Stevarius

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, it's great. I'm currently having fun with the storyline, but I hate the Hayabusa-like motorcycle because it can't f*cking grip at all. Motorcycle physics are better, but they still shouldn't f*cking slide all over the place. If you like motorcycles like me, buy the DLC and ride the Something 800 motorcycle. It's a sex machine. devil.gif

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

ive only just got into it but so far its good
and if you dont like the multiplayer just go back to the normal gta4 for it
id recomend it though, very good value, bikes and weapons are amazing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users