Photo

The Lost and Damned Game FAQ

160 replies to this topic
rootman
  • rootman

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

i tried searching around in regards to seeing if all other members aside terry clay and jim that you do missions with can be able to be saved without them dying and being part of a memorial plaque. as i heard in previews all members of the lost come with you on all missions and at some point they do die and become part of a memorial plaque when they get killed ingame, in which after that they get replaced by other members of the lost who are rookies with lil or no toughness to their xp bar.

so the way im trying to play tlad is to play ruthless and keep all my members alive and make them tougher as i play thru the missions without any deaths. i repeatedly played the mission called ITS WAR and in that mission the 2 members i fight with, no matter how i tried: using an ak 47, shoot every enemy quickly, hell even stand in front of them to prevent them from dying. and i refuse straight up to save my game automatically with deaths in all my game saves. i probably played that mission a whole lot enuff to know it back to front yet i cant keep 2 of the members alive and only the other members can survive it can live another day.

so my questions is, in that mission how do i keep my members from dying in all missions? please add it to your faq and i hope yiu will have an answer to my question.

thx.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

You know the new peds, have they been added to the vanilla version? as I have been playing as Niko and I have noticed peds that I have never seen before whatsthat.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (rootman @ Mar 19 2009, 07:08)
so my questions is, in that mission how do i keep my members from dying in all missions? please add it to your faq and i hope yiu will have an answer to my question

Simply put, it probably isn't possible and if it is then it will be very hard to do. The AI for your buddies doesn't tell them to take cover properly, they just rush into the open of a firefight without using any cover and end up dying pretty quickly.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 19 2009, 07:12)
You know the new peds, have they been added to the vanilla version? as I have been playing as Niko and I have noticed peds that I have never seen before whatsthat.gif

That's a reasonable possibility because increasing ped variety would not impact gameplay the way new vehicles and weapons would nor divert dev/testing time away from TLAD.

Someone who knows for sure which ped models/parts are TLAD-specific would have to confirm either way.

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:03 PM Edited by Dr Tres Fort, 20 March 2009 - 12:08 PM.

Was there a latin cop in Niko's version ?
Because yesterday a cop caught me stealing a car, so he said something in spanish through the Speaker, when I started running he said something else in Spanish ?? (somewhere in south algonquin)

2-Can you watch TV when you finish the game ?

3-why did elizabetha gave me the number of Bellick's express Car Service ? cuz it doesnt work..

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Dr Tres Fort @ Mar 20 2009, 12:03)
Was there a latin cop in Niko's version ?
Because yesterday a cop caught me stealing a car, so he said something in spanish through the Speaker, when I started running he said something else in Spanish ?? (somewhere in south algonquin)

2-Can you watch TV when you finish the game ?

3-why did elizabetha gave me the number of Bellick's express Car Service ? cuz it doesnt work..

1) I can't confirm either way. I cannot remember ever being shouted at in Spanish in GTA IV though.

2) Yes, there is an answer which covers this in the first post.

3) It only works during a certain mission.

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

Alright thanks !
For the TV question, which building is it exactly ??

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Dr Tres Fort @ Mar 20 2009, 12:40)
Alright thanks !
For the TV question, which building is it exactly ??

The Lost MC Clubhouse;
Q. Is it possible to watch TV after the storyline is over?
A. Yes, but only through a glitch in the game. Go onto the roof of the Clubhouse and walk around until you see the 'Press LB to watch TV' pop-up. Press it and you will be transported inside. The downside is that the only way you can get out is to die, so if you're going to do it take some sort of explosive with you.

-Chewy-
  • -Chewy-

Chewing all day long

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

Not sure if this has been asked, but I have done all of Stubbsies missions, but havent got the new number dontgetit.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (-Chewy- @ Mar 20 2009, 16:49)
Not sure if this has been asked, but I have done all of Stubbsies missions, but havent got the new number dontgetit.gif

Are you sure? Check your text Inbox & your Phonebook for an entry 'Bryce Bug'.
If not, try ringing this number; 123-555-0160

-Chewy-
  • -Chewy-

Chewing all day long

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:26 PM Edited by -Chewy-, 20 March 2009 - 06:56 PM.

Nah its not there..I'll try that number later

I also had problems in the main game when Francis is killed I didnt get the call until like 20 missions later

Anywho thanks dude! cool.gif

Edit: It didnt work sad.gif

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

I know people have has this same glitch, but when I try to fight, Johnny will not throw any punches or kicks, he just gets in his judo stance and stays like it. Does anyone know what is causing this bug and how to fix it?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Gta Guy 108 @ Mar 23 2009, 20:48)
I know people have has this same glitch, but when I try to fight, Johnny will not throw any punches or kicks, he just gets in his judo stance and stays like it. Does anyone know what is causing this bug and how to fix it?

Have you tried the answer listed in the FAQ, holding LT when trying to fight?

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

It happened to me twice, did you try to punch Malc or another character ?!
Don't tell me you saved your game ? because I have another glitch which is you can't use the baseball bat while running/walking unless you press LT once confused.gif and I can't fix it.

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

-Enjoii- Yes I held LT and Johnny just stands there in his stance.

-Dr Tres Fort- I never punched any other character I don't think, I could still fight even though I saved my game, I have already beat TLAD, and when I started a new game just to see, I got off the bike and still could not fight.

There has got to be a workaround for this glitch.

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

I have got two Xbox360 consoles:

One is old with BENQ dvd-rom and Xtreme firmware
Second is new with LITEON dvd-rom and iXtreme 1.5. firmware

First one is banned in live, so is it possible to run TLaD on it taken from the second one?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (gtaps2modder @ Mar 24 2009, 13:38)
First one is banned in live, so is it possible to run TLaD on it taken from the second one?

No, because when using the content on a console other than the one you made the purchase on, you have to use a License Migration tool which needs XBL to function.

harryj
  • harryj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

many thanks

XaR
  • XaR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

There were a few missions where you could put the camera inside the car/copter chasing you. You could even listen to what the guys were saying. I was too focused on getting away, so does anyone have a transcript or some information about the dialog I've missed?

TiRANB
  • TiRANB

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

I came out with my curiosity and I'm jealous that I don't have 360. Is it true that you Johnny can already eat at Mr. Fuk's Rice Box and Pizza This? How was that, Johnny orders at the counter and have his Rice Box or Pizza? Or it's like in the original game that the screen turns black. Can someone tell me how it works? I've tried searching at YouTube how this thing works but I can't. I'm also finding a full in-game map for The Lost and Damned... bored.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (TiRANB @ Apr 17 2009, 19:07)
I came out with my curiosity and I'm jealous that I don't have 360. Is it true that you Johnny can already eat at Mr. Fuk's Rice Box and Pizza This? How was that, Johnny orders at the counter and have his Rice Box or Pizza? Or it's like in the original game that the screen turns black. Can someone tell me how it works? I've tried searching at YouTube how this thing works but I can't. I'm also finding a full in-game map for The Lost and Damned... bored.gif

Nope, I'm pretty sure that there are new places for Johnny to eat which is probably why you haven't found any results.
Also, the map is the same as the GTA IV map.

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

I have some bug fixes to report. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this or any news has came up about a fist fighting glitch fix, but I have found some, and they all work for me everytime. Here are ways to resolve the glitch.

1: Never load up TLAD if you were playing as Niko for a while and then you load up your save game or start a new game.
2: If you have to load IV first to start a new game or load TLAD, just automaticly press start and start a new game or load TLAD.
3: If TLAD has already loaded automaticly when you play the cd, and it has the glitch, turn off your 360 and turn it back on.

Remember, never play as Niko for a long time and then load up TLAD, because there must be something in the game code that enables the glitch.

gator89
  • gator89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hello ! I see most of you did succeed installing this game add on on your XBOX360 ... but i copied and i updated the game, and when i start the game i did not see anything DLC logo or what... Can anybody help me ?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (gator89 @ Apr 20 2009, 12:11)
Hello ! I see most of you did succeed installing this game add on on your XBOX360 ... but i copied and i updated the game, and when i start the game i did not see anything DLC logo or what... Can anybody help me ?

How do you mean 'copied' the game?

gator89
  • gator89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Apr 20 2009, 11:15)
Hello ! I see most of you did succeed installing this game add on on your XBOX360 ... but i copied and i updated the game, and  when i start the game i did not see anything DLC logo or what... Can anybody help me ?

I mean, I downloaded from the net. I copied to the right directions.

marv W
  • marv W

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

If I take out a 3 month Xbox live subscrption and use the braodband at my mums house to download the game to my Xbox, can I then take the Xbox home and play the game while not connected to Xboxlive.
I assume it will be stored on the Harddrive and there would be no need for an internet connection after the game has downloaded?

Sorry if this sounds a dumb question but I am seriously not a technical person.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (gator89 @ Apr 20 2009, 14:32)
QUOTE (Enjoii @ Apr 20 2009, 11:15)
Hello ! I see most of you did succeed installing this game add on on your XBOX360 ... but i copied and i updated the game, and  when i start the game i did not see anything DLC logo or what... Can anybody help me ?

I mean, I downloaded from the net. I copied to the right directions.

I see. Well, piracy is not supported on this forum.

I assume it will be stored on the Harddrive and there would be no need for an internet connection after the game has downloaded?

I have not tried this myself so hopefully somebody else will be able to help you out on that one, but in theory it should work okay.
Also, if you're only going to get a Gold subscription to download this game there is no need to buy a 3 month card, there are plenty of 48-hour cards that come free with most games. If you're in need of one I should be able to find one.

marv W
  • marv W

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

Ok thanks for your reply enjoii. I am going for the 3 month membership as It will give me a chance to check out the xbox live anyway.

marv W
  • marv W

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (marv W @ Apr 20 2009, 13:40)
If I take out a 3 month Xbox live subscrption and use the braodband at my mums house to download the game to my Xbox, can I then take the Xbox home and play the game while not connected to Xboxlive.

Sorry if this sounds a dumb question but I am seriously not a technical person.

Can confirm this works for anyone who may be interested

tlad_ownage
  • tlad_ownage

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

i have a question about the savehouse that you get from brian after you kill him
is there somewhere in that house a tv and/or a computer?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users