» «
Photo

100% TLAD Checklist

309 replies to this topic
The Aztek
  • The Aztek

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:24 PM Edited by The Aztek, 21 February 2009 - 06:30 PM.

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 21 2009, 18:20)
May I ask how you do this:

CODE
Code style

Talk with a space BEFORE you right. Like I just did.

-Like this, just replace the - with a space.

Mr-Pants
  • Mr-Pants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

On the wiki?

Just Simply put a space before you writing

Ex -

*Text in quote box

or you can do this
-Text in quote box

The Aztek
  • The Aztek

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Mr-Pants @ Feb 21 2009, 18:26)
On the wiki?

Just Simply put a space before you writing

Ex -

*Text in quote box

or you can do this
  -Text in quote box

Worked.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Eh? I mean this:

user posted image

The Aztek
  • The Aztek

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 21 2009, 18:34)
Eh? I mean this:

user posted image

Did it for you.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

How did you do that?

The Aztek
  • The Aztek

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 21 2009, 18:45)
How did you do that?

Put a space before you type.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (The Aztek @ Feb 21 2009, 18:47)
QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 21 2009, 18:45)
How did you do that?

Put a space before you type.

Ahh, cheers mate!

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

I've updated the wiki list:
http://grandtheftaut...for_100_Percent

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

I've also just updated it to include a simplified version of the Gang Wars rewards.

Mr-Pants
  • Mr-Pants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

Nice job guys, thanks for helping out with the wiki.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

The Cap'n! Shooting From The Hip Since '08

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

Is every location on the Seagulls map correct?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (leelee862 @ Feb 21 2009, 20:06)

Yep, I used it and they're all correct.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

The Cap'n! Shooting From The Hip Since '08

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ Feb 21 2009, 20:08)
QUOTE (leelee862 @ Feb 21 2009, 20:06)

Yep, I used it and they're all correct.

B-e-a-utiful smile.gif

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:44 PM Edited by GuruAskew, 21 February 2009 - 10:46 PM.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BEAT SPECIFIC CHARACTERS AT SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES TO GET 100%.

You have to beat each activity ONCE. You have to play each character at each activity ONCE. If you can overlap (IE: knocking out your pool game with Clay and winning the game at the same time) them then great but you don't have to.

I beat the AI at pool ONCE. I played Terry, Clay and Jim (who doesn't count towards 100%) each once and LOST to each one of them every time.

I currently have a 100% game with a SINGLE pool win, against the generic AI in the Lost MC Clubhouse.

I explained this earlier. My 100% game proves that this part of the 100% guide is inaccurate.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

@GuruAskew: I'll need more than one person to confirm this.

Till then, I can officially say that this list is 100% completed. I credited everyone and added the seagull locations map on the front page. Enjoy!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

Looking good.

Should be ready for the pin now icon14.gif .

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, because I have a demented plan to make you update the guide with inaccurate information.

As it stands this 100% guide is urging people to do something they don't need to do and it is combining two different objectives (beating the AI at games and taking your friends out on activities) for no better reason than the potential overlap that results in both being completed at the same time.

I just got seagull #50 and I hit 100% at the same time so I guess that means that you should just say "getting all 50 seagulls gets you 100%" because the same thing is happening.

Again, you need to beat the AI in the games (once will do it) and you need to go on those same activities with your friends (no winning necessary). Those are two different objectives that count toward 100%.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Feb 21 2009, 23:06)

Yeah, because I have a demented plan to make you update the guide with inaccurate information.

As it stands this 100% guide is urging people to do something they don't need to do and it is combining two different objectives (beating the AI at games and taking your friends out on activities) for no better reason than the potential overlap that results in both being completed at the same time.

I just got seagull #50 and I hit 100% at the same time so I guess that means that you should just say "getting all 50 seagulls gets you 100%" because the same thing is happening.

Again, you need to beat the AI in the games (once will do it) and you need to go on those same activities with your friends (no winning necessary). Those are two different objectives that count toward 100%.

It's funny how, I beat Clay in a game of pool (first time playing it in TLAD), and I got the percentage. Same thing with darts. Again, I'll wait till someone else confirms this. I'm not relying on one person here.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, I got Percentage, but only with Clay, doesn't matter, as long as it's with Clay or Terry

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

It's funny how, I beat Clay in a game of pool (first time playing it in TLAD), and I got the percentage. Same thing with darts. Again, I'll wait till someone else confirms this. I'm not relying on one person here.

You're getting a percentage because you're beating the AI (who just happens to be Clay) AND fulfilling your requirement to take Clay to pool at the same time.

GTAIV worked the same way: you had to beat all the games and you had to take all your friends out to the different activities. Once you've beaten a game once it's OK to let your friends win. As I said earlier: I'm dreadful at pool and once I lucked out and got my single win I would just take the friends to the pool hall and half-ass the game and let them win because I already had the 1 needed win in my stats.

Look at any GTAIV 100% checklist. This is what it says:

Activities - 5%
Do every possible activity with Little Jacob, Brucie, and Packie, at least once.
Little Jacob: Darts, drinking, eating, pool, show, strip club.
Brucie: Boating, bowling, drinking, eating, heli ride, show, strip club.
Packie: Bowling, darts, drinking, pool, show, strip club.
You can do more than 1 activity consecutively.

Competitions - 5%
Win 1 game of pool, bowling, and darts against a friend or a NPC.
Beat the high score of 11000 points in the QUB3D arcade game.

They're two different things that CAN be done at the same time but don't necessarily need to be. That's how it worked in GTAIV and that's how it works in TLaD.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

Either way, you're getting the percentage -- what's the big deal? Clay and Terry are A.I. as well. You said you have to beat A.I. and then win/lose to Terry or Clay...Beating Clay or Terry (who are A.I. is basically killing two birds with one stone...) in an activity basically does the same effect.

DuckPond
  • DuckPond

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Awesome job man. I done the seagulls. doing the bike races and gang wars now. =]

I also think this topic should be Pinned, don't you, guys?

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:22 PM

Either way, you're getting the percentage -- what's the big deal? Clay and Terry are A.I. as well. You said you have to beat A.I. and then win/lose to Terry or Clay...Beating Clay or Terry (who are A.I. is basically killing two birds with one stone...) in an activity basically does the same effect.

But you take someone like me who is dreadful at pool and tell them they need to beat both Terry and Clay at pool and it's unnecessarily frustrating. I didn't beat either Terry OR Clay and I got 100%. It's just inaccurate and I would imagine that accuracy is what you're going for in this thread.

For me it was easier to just play the guy in the Lost clubhouse until I won and then go to play pool with Terry and Clay and not worry about winning anymore. I did that and that's how I got my 100% and I think people should know that they don't have to beat both characters (or any specific character) if they don't want to.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Feb 21 2009, 23:22)

But you take someone like me who is dreadful at pool and tell them they need to beat both Terry and Clay at pool and it's unnecessarily frustrating. I didn't beat either Terry OR Clay and I got 100%. It's just inaccurate and I would imagine that accuracy is what you're going for in this thread.

For me it was easier to just play the guy in the Lost clubhouse until I won and then go to play pool with Terry and Clay and not worry about winning anymore. I did that and that's how I got my 100% and I think people should know that they don't have to beat both characters (or any specific character) if they don't want to.

You still have to play pool whether it's with Clay/Terry or none of them. They're A.I and I'm sure they all play the same. You may "suck" at pool when facing Terry or Clay, but others find it a breeze beating them. I'm leaving it as is, sorry.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

You still have to play pool whether it's with Clay/Terry or none of them. They're A.I and I'm sure they all play the same. You may "suck" at pool when facing Terry or Clay, but others find it a breeze beating them. I'm leaving it as is, sorry.

Then your list is wrong, sorry.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Feb 21 2009, 23:37)

Then your list is wrong, sorry.

So, even though you still get percentage added to your completion with the way I have it in the first post, you think it's wrong because that's not the way you did it? Tell you what, start a new game and play an activity with Clay or Terry first. Lose the game. Be sure to keep track of your percentage stats...Then after that, play anyone in a game of pool and win. Come back and tell me the results.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

So, even though you still get percentage added to your completion with the way I have it in the first post, you think it's wrong because that's not the way you did it?

Ideally the guide would be ACCURATE and tell you that you don't have to do it one certain way when there are options. Call me crazy.

Tell you what, start a new game and play an activity with Clay or Terry first. Lose the game. Be sure to keep track of your percentage stats...Then after that, play anyone in a game of pool and win. Come back and tell me the results.

Losing the activity with them wouldn't affect your stats because you get the percentage after you complete all their activities.

Playing the game of pool (against random AI or Terry/Clay) does bump the stats and that's what I did.

Again, it works just the same as it did in GTAIV.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

So what you're saying is, if you play a pool, darts, whatever, with Terry, Clay, or any A.I. --- win or lose, you get the percents?

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:01 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 22 February 2009 - 12:12 AM.

So what you're saying is, if you play a pool, darts, whatever, with Terry, Clay, or any A.I. --- win or lose, you get the percents?

It's a certain set of activities. In GTAIV it was pool, darts, bowling and QUB3D. On TLaD I did all those plus air hockey, arm-wrestling and high/low just to be sure but I don't believe they all count. I'm fairly certain bowling and QUB3D don't, at least.

But you can actually make the win against any character (Clay/Terry or a random AI) and when it comes to doing the friend activity you can win or lose. Again, they're two different requirements that can be done at the same time but don't necessarily need to be.

To put this very simply: let's say you just took Clay to play pool. Now, if you win you can say to yourself "hey, I just got my pool win AND took Clay to pool so I killed two birds with one stone, plus I don't need to worry about beating Terry now". If that's the case, good for you. On the other hand, let's say you lose. You can say "well, at least I took Clay to play pool, I can scratch that off the list but I still need to actually win a game. I'll try again when I take Terry to pool and if I lose then I'll just keep playing the AI in the clubhouse".

See what I mean?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users