» «
Photo

[REL|GTAIV] First Person Driver

434 replies to this topic
babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:01 PM Edited by babarian225, 24 February 2009 - 09:40 PM.

MEh,

C06alt Surely you can make the mod that will make the external Camera Update quicker when turning !

so its basically making in the external Camera mode update quicker thus allowing us not to crash into evrything.

can't it be done?

that mod will make you a Famous Celeb.

THis mod is not really a necessity unlike the external camera mod Fix

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

@babarian225,Borocay

This has been mentioned a few times. Ill add the ability to toggle lock the external standerd game cameras Left/Right movement by a bind able key in the next version.
I presume when you are doing a driveby it should automatically not lock the left right movement?
Or do you expect to be able to look left and right without the view re centering always?
I don't think people will enjoy this as much as they think. An external view that is locked in the left right movement will look quite jerky.
The further out the zoom the worse it will get.

@SlingShotUK I prefer it this way as this is the way your brain and eyes and neck all combine to counteract the helicopters rolling and pitching in reality.
The advantage to this is that no matter what strange flying angle you get into you always know what way is up and what way is down. And for me it makes me less airsick.
Having said all that I might make it a choice in the ini.

@HippieCommunist I'm still working on on foot. Whatever i have when i release the next version ill put in, consider it a hidden extra. still has bugs.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

thank you kind one! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

Thank you!

what we meant is, when in the external Camera mode, the camera auto centers or updates way too slow and sluggish.

so obviously your mod in next version is going to Fix this, with the method(s) you know best

srry about the confusion

thanks again

-Bone-
  • -Bone-

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

Very nice mod, well done man!

A quick Q: can u add a function to move the camera position, at least forward or backward? I'd prefer the position to be a bit more in the front therefore you can see more of Liberty City. That combined with a wider camera angle would be nice.

So moving the camera position either in the ini or in game would be nice. A less important Q: can u actually add another camera view, so having both the original and your modified in the game?

D. Eiht
  • D. Eiht

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

Great job man! But I have to admit two things: First, you can't see the traffic lights through the windshield and even if, there are no lights (red-yellow-green) while in this view.
If I change it back to any third-person camera they're coming back.

But it's much more atmospheric with this mod. Why Rockstar didn't made it for their selfs?
(Maybe because they know that "we" will do it anyway.)

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:39 PM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 23 February 2009 - 05:42 PM.

QUOTE (D. Eiht @ Feb 23 2009, 08:53)
Great job man! But I have to admit two things: First, you can't see the traffic lights through the windshield and even if, there are no lights (red-yellow-green) while in this view.
If I change it back to any third-person camera they're coming back.

The only current solution I know is to smash the windshield with a bat. The problem is that traffic lights (and other lights too) aren't rendered through glass. It's something about the engine. Anyway, it's pretty much become habit for me to smash the windshield of any car I want to drive. And sometimes I smash all the windows too for good measure. If someone finds a way to make the lights render through glass or have the windshield break/disappear when Niko enters the car, that would be very convenient.

waverley
  • waverley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

So, motion blur works with the default "first person" view, so could you enable mouse driving for that view- as an option?

That would be awesome.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:50 PM Edited by C06alt, 23 February 2009 - 08:04 PM.

Traffic lights seen through glass are fixed for the next version. and motion blur is a scalabil option. Wouldn't be to hard to make mouse steering work in other views. I'm still tieing up lose ends but will release something in a few days.

yeahsine
  • yeahsine

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

What about a beta release ? biggrin.gif

olddawid
  • olddawid

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I had an bug that letted me whit ur mod look under the water it was rllty cool to spawn car and see it rised up tounge.gif . Could you add feuture to look under water whit camera? rolleyes.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 23 2009, 13:50)
Traffic lights seen through glass are fixed for the next version.

Woow, awesome. icon14.gif

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:49 AM Edited by a-k-t-w, 24 February 2009 - 06:05 AM.

Cool, can you release it now? tounge2.gif

Edit: How about now? turn.gif

Edit2: Please? colgate.gif

Edit3: I'll pay you! smile.gif

Edit4: sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif release it now!

Edit5: Am I annoying you yet? mercie_blink.gif

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 21 2009, 21:23)
@SlingShotUK I prefer it this way as this is the way your brain and eyes and neck all combine to counteract the helicopters rolling and pitching in reality.
The advantage to this is that no matter what strange flying angle you get into you always know what way is up and what way is down. And for me it makes me less airsick.
Having said all that I might make it a choice in the ini.

Thanks C06alt, an ini option would be great.

I just find it very disorientating and end up crashing the chopper. smile.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

C06alt, we admire your commitment icon14.gif
keep it up
Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

C06alt Surely you can make the mod that will make the external Camera Update quicker when turning !

so its basically making in the external Camera mode update quicker thus allowing us not to crash into everything i.e bus stops

This is what we meant.. catspider.gif

thanks

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (babarian225 @ Feb 24 2009, 21:41)

so its basically making in the external Camera mode update quicker thus allowing us not to crash into everything i.e bus stops

This is what we meant.. catspider.gif

thanks

Yes its been implemented for the next version. It will available by a separate toggle key it locks the external camera behind the car.Moving the mouse or view joy axis disables it so you can look around as does drive by shooting or getting out on foot or once again pressing the toggle key. When the camera is locked a small on screen reminder icon is displayed in the lower left corner near the radar. It seems to work well, not as jumpy as I imagined it would be.

Mouse steering works in a similar way and has a separate toggle key the works in all views. Camera lock is engaged automatically for external view mouse steering when it is toggled on.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

whatsthat.gif suicidal.gif

please release! devil.gif

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

suicidal.gif

I'll pull the trigger! ARGH!

Please release it! It's been 1 million years since your last release!

Phnx
  • Phnx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi. This is a really great mod. I was wondering if you could use this to alter the default vehicle-cam (This one's actually centered behind Niko, not the car, which feels wierd!) and on-foot-cam to be centered behind Niko, not being off-set?! smile.gif

Borocay
  • Borocay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for the hard work on the camera mod. I can't wait to download it. I've been waiting for such a mod since the game was released.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

Is this mod dead?

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

cryani.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

Version 1.1 now available from the first post. I'd like to have smoothened out things a little more but I wanted to clear the ctd bug pronto.

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:02 AM Edited by babarian225, 28 February 2009 - 03:09 AM.

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 28 2009, 01:22)
Version 1.1 now available from the first post. I'd like to have smoothened out things a little more but I wanted to clear the ctd bug pronto.

C06alt

The Cruise Control idea is Just so Awesome!

But I thought you were going to Fix the External Camera mode as in;

For example when you take a left or right turn the external camera is brilliant the problem is it then takes too long to return to its normal position, resulting in having to use the analogue stick on the control pad to maneuver the camera to its correct position.

so the ideas was to speed up how the camera updates during turning.

Please, Help us there! Pls

**Great Mod Update **

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

Thats what the camera lock key does?
If you ask me its to slow turning in and out.

VietnamRebel
  • VietnamRebel

Gun-Nut

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:36 AM Edited by VietnamRebel, 28 February 2009 - 03:39 AM.

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 27 2009, 22:16)

Love the update! Only thing I've encountered is that occasionally the camera goes rogue and starts to spin around inside the car, as if you were the girl from The Exorcist, spinning around 360 degrees and keeps going. It eventually stops, but it happened to me twice now. Great mod though, love it!

Also, could you possibly add a crosshair to the first person on foot? It would make aiming a bit easier smile.gif .

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:56 AM Edited by babarian225, 28 February 2009 - 03:59 AM.

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 28 2009, 03:16)

I see, my miss-understanding

It does that perfectly icon14.gif

But it would of been nice if there was an Option in the ini.settings to adjust the speed of that External Camera.

So it can be made a bit more cinematic ....that would be complete

Great Mod again..

durklives
  • durklives

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:43 AM Edited by durklives, 28 February 2009 - 06:45 AM.

I'm not really liking 1.1 as much.

1.0 was better in my opinion because it minimized Nikos head clipping through the camera and the view actually moved around like you were in the car. In 1.0 the look sensitivity for the joypad was higher too, which was a good thing.

The only thing I like about 1.1 more than 1.0 is that when you fire the view doesn't switch to external. There is a small amount of clipping when doing so, but it's definitely a worthy sacrifice.

I'll be sticking with 1.0.

Edit: Okay, I see option to change joypad sensitivity. Now how to get that old "head swaying" feel of 1.0 and stop Nikos eyeballs and teeth from showing up.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (durklives @ Feb 28 2009, 06:43)
I'm not really liking 1.1 as much.

1.0 was better in my opinion because it minimized Nikos head clipping through the camera and the view actually moved around like you were in the car. In 1.0 the look sensitivity for the joypad was higher too, which was a good thing.

The only thing I like about 1.1 more than 1.0 is that when you fire the view doesn't switch to external. There is a small amount of clipping when doing so, but it's definitely a worthy sacrifice.

I'll be sticking with 1.0.

Edit: Okay, I see option to change joypad sensitivity. Now how to get that old "head swaying" feel of 1.0 and stop Nikos eyeballs and teeth from showing up.

Try adding a few units to the FPY value to move the cam a bit further away from the face. try 2 - 4 for a start.
The trouble with this is when climbing walls in first person you will see thro the wall. Also there are no head constraints now so you will get to see nicos face if you turn the cam far left or right. I hope you know you must now press "K" to enter first person.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users