[REL|GTAIV] First Person Driver

434 replies to this topic
HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 18 2009, 20:28)
@HippieCommunist Ill look into on foot first person but the games controls aren't set up very well for it when your not aiming. You cant strafe.

CAN you strafe while aiming?? dozingoff.gif

and does the camera leans when niko's running?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

Awesome! Downloaded, about to try it. I think I'm about to be blown away. I've been hoping for this exact thing.

Erahgon
  • Erahgon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

I have a little request for this mod.

Can you make it so that the restrictions on the camera when you're reversing/going backwards change to reflect that Niko's head is turned backwards to see where he is going?

I love the mod and all, but I can't see where I'm going if I'm going backwards.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Erahgon @ Feb 19 2009, 23:56)
I have a little request for this mod.

Can you make it so that the restrictions on the camera when you're reversing/going backwards change to reflect that Niko's head is turned backwards to see where he is going?

I love the mod and all, but I can't see where I'm going if I'm going backwards.

I briefly tried to automate it but sensing a car reversing is difficult.
Ill take another look at it as i'd prefer this as well.

For now if you play with a keyboard you can try the look back key default C or the look back button on a game pad.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

Is it possible to add a overhead cam? It should be possible as there is one in the video editor.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Direct! @ Feb 20 2009, 00:29)
Is it possible to add a overhead cam? It should be possible as there is one in the video editor.

Something like gta/gtaII? I think it would be possible even with hight adjusted for speed. But multiple floor interiors for a similar pedestrian cam would be problematic. As would none auto aimed attacks on foot. I was thinking while most people wouldn't like to step back in time like this for some with bad rigs they'd get great fps top down.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:05 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 20 February 2009 - 02:14 AM.

The mouse steering is good, nice and smooth compared to keyboard steering (but I like looking around while I drive too much). Do you think there's a way to make something that will imitate having a controller with a pressure-sensitive trigger? i.e. instead of pressing W and flooring it, you have some way to ease onto the gas smoothly. That would be great. Unrelated to this mod though, I know, sorry.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is the mouse wheel, so changing radio stations (not as important to gameplay) would have to be remapped to keys. Probably there would just be 3 to 5 preset acceleration values, starting with 'stopped' and going up to 'flooring it'. Then each notch on the mouse wheel would move it up/down a level. A manual transmission mod could probably also be made out of this kind of system.

An easier approach would probably just be to lower the normal acceleration of all cars, and make shift 'floor it'. Like how shift makes you run when you're on foot.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:21 AM Edited by C06alt, 20 February 2009 - 06:40 AM.

I thought about the wheel but it might be difficult to stop the radio station switching and detect the max allowed speed of the vehicle.
I had some success with a cruise control button. when you hit the desired speed oyu press the button to toggle on/off cruise control which keeps the car at the speed you were at when you pressed it. I didn't want to make a mod with to wide a scope that takes over half the keyboard but I suppose with the ini it could be defaulted to off.
Only being able to drive like a maniac is annoying when your used to the analog acceleration and breaking of the ps3 triggers on a ps3.
Really apparent in following missions.
Nice to hear someone tried the mouse steering.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:24 AM Edited by a-k-t-w, 20 February 2009 - 10:26 AM.

Bug report!

When on a train, the camera is in Nikos mouth ha ha lol.gif

Edit: I use the mouse steering too! rolleyes.gif

great mod cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

azam8
  • azam8

GTA MADMAN

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

excellent script m8 biggrin.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
i noticed you cant see traffic lights through windscreen ???? .
in car is awesome but on bike after awhile makes you feel dizzy... nah its ok. cheers.

keep up the great work

yeahsine
  • yeahsine

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hey, the view is a little buggy with some bikes .. like with the PCJ600, it's too low., hard to see what we are running into turn.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:38 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 20 February 2009 - 12:41 PM.

specially the bikes with the mirrors.... dozingoff.gif

C06alt - how hard is it to take only the glue cam to face part and make it togglable?
moto_whistle.gif

(have to sound n00bish:)
PLEASE!

Killuminati91
  • Killuminati91

Brucie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

this really gives the game a whole new atmosphere... driving through the night while listening to the journy
and looking up to those unbelievable huge buildings... this is how a game with a city should feel.

now we only need it on foot

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

The bikes are tricky i use eye level for every vehicle i don't have septate adjustments for different vehicles. Got to pin this one on the modelers or animators.
One NRG cowl works well it has no side view mirrors to get in the way. What gets shown threw glass always seems strange no matter what the game. ill check it out but probably futile. Ive been playing around with it on foot, seems ok but a couple of bugs for now to do with accurate aiming and crosshairs.
FP on foot will be a configabil toggle key the driving system will remain the same and unaffected but should you get in a car with the key toggled the transition is seamless allowing at all times the fp view. Ill add it in to the update. I believe Ive fixed the passenger drive by crash amongst other things I also want to update.

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:48 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 20 February 2009 - 02:54 PM.

I know im repeating as ive just had a blast with this mod and love it, people are saying relatively the same things so sorry to repeat.

1. "if" the camera could be moved up and out more on bikes so that niko when he tilts you don't got a "face full of mirrors and handle bars" on corners "would be nice" if that was doable in some way.

2. As I see you are already looking into first person on foot is something I wanted since GTA SA camhack arrived but never got first person on foot. This would be just a dream in this game especially for the graphics side of things while on foot cool.gif ... and video editor scenes even if it was slightly buggy smile.gif

Maybe have on foot camera toggled via ini key or something as a choice whether you want that on or not, or put under one of the zoom modes if thats hackable.

3. Ive used this with the "Crisis like motion blur" http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=386262 mod, but the blur seems to be switched off in this view with this script (3rd person view is ok though) ... is there any way to retain the blur (motion blur) in this view using that mod? I have the other first person mod which was a .csv view hack but the crisis blur mod then had stupid amounts of blur in cars.

If your interested in a decent bike view (even though there's some clipping as its not stuck to nico) check this file out from an early fist person mod:

http://www.zshare.ne...20322dcc13594/#

Add this file into :

\common\data

folder of your GTA IV (make a backup) and obviously remove your mod files to test .. its same under bonnet view for first person.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

All good points, About the motion blur I tried it but as it is with glass and games things go crazy. When using the Nrg and able to dip in and out of the glass it was plain to see the motion blur over amplified and grainy when looking through the glass but normal when not looking through the glass. Maybe theres a solution as i don't remember it being like this in the taxi when riding in the back. Until i figure it out its better off id think you agree.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

give us hope!

approximated release time?

my pants are exploding with expectations!!!

cant wait to sneaky2.gif suicidal.gif !

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if the mouse steering worked more like the joystick on a controller. So if you move it to the right, the steering wheel turns to the right and the car keeps turning right until you move the mouse back to center the steering wheel. This way when driving you only have to move the mouse left and right a little bit, whereas now I believe you have to lift up the mouse when you want to make a tight turn. Unless I was so tired when I tried it that I don't remember correctly. dontgetit.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Feb 20 2009, 20:12)
Don't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if the mouse steering worked more like the joystick on a controller. So if you move it to the right, the steering wheel turns to the right and the car keeps turning right until you move the mouse back to center the steering wheel. This way when driving you only have to move the mouse left and right a little bit, whereas now I believe you have to lift up the mouse when you want to make a tight turn. Unless I was so tired when I tried it that I don't remember correctly. dontgetit.gif

Did try it but with no on screen indicator of where the steering actually is it gets confusing pretty fast. Currently the amount of mouse input you need to put in is relevant to the speed of the car which helps in a nonlinear system.

Pandur
  • Pandur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Ok, I tried out the mouse stearing... C06alt, u were right! Driving is much more smoother then using the keyboard!! Its a really new feeling, but it takes a little time to handle it. But its much more fun, especially with gas und brake on the two mouse buttons!!!!

Yes, I also have a few little cam "issues", for example while driving backwards and not looking back you see nico in front of the cam...or sometimes you see the car interior in backview and sometimes its outside (as you would look back through the drivers window)
But the mod is really enjoyable and worth the download!

Not many steps left, and gtaIV is a showable driver simulation game, egoshooter and (i hope so) role play game all in one! biggrin.gif Keep that up!!! icon14.gif icon14.gif

Chunk3y
  • Chunk3y

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Could you add an option in the INI for an inverted looking version?

azam8
  • azam8

GTA MADMAN

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:38 AM Edited by azam8, 22 February 2009 - 02:05 AM.

just a thought .. might be possible to remove windscreen, triggered when in vechile.

this is awsome mod smile.gif

waverley
  • waverley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:47 AM

honestly, with the lack of motion blur/dof, I can't bring myself to install this.

I want to soo badly, but I can't revert, it removes such an immersing aspect.

PLEASE figure out a way!

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (azam8 @ Feb 21 2009, 01:38)
just a thought .. might be possible to remove windscreen, triggered when in vechile.

i noticed that you can see Nicos feet move, with accelleration and breaking so maybe they knew you were going to make this awsome mod smile.gif

No he dosn't.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

amy1 else noticed that the HORN animation reminds of Boiling Point? biggrin.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

User configurable motion blur and inverted y-axis (up/down) will be in the next version.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

any chance of an on-foot version? cryani.gif

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Please excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but do you intend to change the mod so that when in a chopper and it tilts to the left or right, Nico's view also moves with it?

At the moment when the chopper tilts, the view stays static which feel's quite strange.

Nice one on the upcoming y-axis invert functionality.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

yeah somn wrong with the regular heli camera.... whatsthat.gif

Borocay
  • Borocay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

I like your mod. Is it possible to make the chase camera static so it remains behind the vehicles at all times. It gets aggravating having to correct the camera everytime i turn a corner or spin around. Thx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users