» «
Photo

Free Mode that is NOT Deathmatch

49 replies to this topic
Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:27 PM Edited by Und3r5c0r3, 15 February 2009 - 10:49 PM.

If there is anyone out there, ANYONE AT ALL, who hosts GTA4 Free Mode games with Friendly Fire OFF, then for the love of God, please please please please please tell me. And if you also like to play with the cops on so we can team up on the cops, then that is great too. I just want to find some people who like to play fun, laid-back Free Mode and who share my passionate hatred for people who go to Free Mode to play Deathmatch.

Or someone tell me how to start my own Multiplayer game, cuz I'm having trouble figuring it out...

Edit: OK, I know how to start matches now. Now I just need people that want to play.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

user posted image

user posted image

ETA: host your own free mode, problem solved.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

I usually host with FF off but nobody joins. tounge.gif

To host your own, bring up your phone, multiplayer, LIVE, Player match, create match.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

Honestly, it's worth going to the more active/deathmatch type modes. If you want to find people that want to do other things, you will, then in about a week you'll have a bunch of extra people on your friends list to stunt with. Otherwise, it's random luck and you are as likely to find people that want to stunt as people that want to grief the people who want to stunt.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Too bad. Theres nothing you can do. Seriously, did you want to sign a patission against people killing each other in a game called Grand Theft Auto.

Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Erm, The Grove... The term "grand theft auto" in the real world is used by the police to refer to someone stealing a car. There's nothing about killing in the legal definition of grand theft auto. So next time, make sure you're not an idiot before you act like an asshole.

Anyways, I don't care if people kill each other in GTA, but why do people always gotta kill each other in Free Mode? There's a mode completely devoted to people who just want to kill each other. It's called Deathmatch. And yet, people insist on going to Free Mode for mindless killing.

And, yes, there is something I can do. I can start my own Free Mode match and turn friendly fire off. The problem is finding other people who like to play Free Mode this way. I was hoping that there was already an established group of players that liked to play Free Mode with friendly fire off. But I guess there isn't, so I started this topic in hopes of finding some other players to play with. But it's probably just gonna turn into a flame war now. On this forum, someone could post a picture of a baby petting a kitten and it would start a f*cking flame war.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

Its illegal period. In the game you do illegal things. In the story you do illegal thing (such as killing). If R* puts an option in Free mode to allow killing YOU SHOULDN'T WHINE ABOUT IT. The only people who complain, start kicking, and come here to cry about it because they suck so much at the game they blame the people who are superior.

Double_Deagle
  • Double_Deagle

If it isn't D1RTY, it isn't worth it!

• D1RTY12

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Feb 15 2009, 23:50)
There's a mode completely devoted to people who just want to kill each other. It's called Deathmatch.

Wrong! Its called GTA Multiplayer! Face it...when getting hold of a firearm in GTA Multiplayer, 95% of the people will waste the first player they come across. Why? Cause they can! End of the story!

kevaxe2k2
  • kevaxe2k2

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:24 AM Edited by kevaxe2k2, 16 February 2009 - 03:26 AM.

R* is to blame for this! They accidentally left friendly fire on as the default in Free Mode and them some moron put "Liberty City is your playground--only your playmates ain't so nice!" as the description in Free Mode! Then they named it Free Mode--giving people this misguided notion that being "Free" to do as you please included shooting other players! And people started killing each other! I expect that kind of treatment at Denny's, but not in GTA!!!!

spliinter17
  • spliinter17

=A= president PS3 chapter

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:47 AM

* walks in denny's with an M4*

But seriously that makes free mode so awsome being able to shoot that jackass that thinks he can have Fun doing what he wants. If you don't like it leave. Or ruthlessly kill the guy that shot you first (they get real pissed after the 10th time you blow up there sultan)

kevaxe2k2
  • kevaxe2k2

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

The best thing about Free Mode is hanging out with a dude or dudes for a long period time putzing around, wreaking havoc, racing, flying, teaming up against others, and then the BETRAYAL! I was doing that with a dude a few days ago--we kept teaming up, when one of us got killed we'd pick the other up and do it again, etc. Then, at one point we took a LONG drive to pick up the Sultan. We get out of the car, he takes out the shotgun and blows me away, hits the LB button and said "Eat my dick" and drives off with the Sultan. It was classic! I was rolling. Then the chase is on to get my revenge . I love me some Free Mode betrayal.

Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

Ehh f*ck all o' ya.

Topic started out innocently enough.

OP: "Does anyone here play Free Mode with FF off?"
Reply: "gtfo lawl you just suck at gta4 so you die and come here 2 whine bout it. free mode is made for killing nd you dont know wtf ur talking about"
Reply: "Yeah seriously, people can do whatever they want in Free Mode and that includes killing each other. So bla bla bla you'll never get to play GTA4 the way you want to play it."

IDK why I even tried posting on these sh*tty forums looking for someone to play with. Everyone refuses to cooperate.

In Free Mode, I try so motherf*cking hard to kill the people who killed me, but I can't. I don't give a flying f*ck if I suck or whatever. That's pretty much why I go to Free Mode in the first place instead of some combat-based mode. You're all right, Free Mode is meant to allow players to do whatever they want, and that includes killing everyone. It also includes playing cooperatively with other players. OK? That justifies this topic and the way I play Free Mode. So could you all just f*ck off? I don't want to hear about killing other players on Free Mode. What I want is to find some other players that want to play Free Mode cooperatively with me. My gamertag is Und3r5c0r3

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

Ready my previous post, it has sound advice.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

thats why I dont go to freemode ever, I only go to dm or team dm. At least then you get money for killing. I dont kill unless I get paid.

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Feb 16 2009, 05:09)
Ehh f*ck all o' ya.

Topic started out innocently enough.

OP: "Does anyone here play Free Mode with FF off?"
Reply: "gtfo lawl you just suck at gta4 so you die and come here 2 whine bout it. free mode is made for killing nd you dont know wtf ur talking about"
Reply: "Yeah seriously, people can do whatever they want in Free Mode and that includes killing each other. So bla bla bla you'll never get to play GTA4 the way you want to play it."

IDK why I even tried posting on these sh*tty forums looking for someone to play with. Everyone refuses to cooperate.

In Free Mode, I try so motherf*cking hard to kill the people who killed me, but I can't. I don't give a flying f*ck if I suck or whatever. That's pretty much why I go to Free Mode in the first place instead of some combat-based mode. You're all right, Free Mode is meant to allow players to do whatever they want, and that includes killing everyone. It also includes playing cooperatively with other players. OK? That justifies this topic and the way I play Free Mode. So could you all just f*ck off? I don't want to hear about killing other players on Free Mode. What I want is to find some other players that want to play Free Mode cooperatively with me. My gamertag is Und3r5c0r3

I host a few GTA Free mode games with friendly fire off mate, just to roam round the city, glitch a few things etc.. do stunt jumps...

Have ya got a 360?

If so, add me smile.gif

Gamertag: DJSmurf2008

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

the first step in a peaceful freemode with your friends is to obtain friends. once that is done, create a private game when everybody is on and hope your friends cooperate.
if you are unable to obtain friends, brush up on your social skills or take your chances with the masses in a public game.
good luck.
many people have been playing this game for months and are better than you and some use free mode as easy headshot practice moto_whistle.gif
others will gladly try and help you, but you need to be good enough to be able to handle any type of player who enters the game and be ready for anything.
for the ones who really annoy you, either kick them from the game or beat them senseless.
it's just that someone new creates this same topic every week or two. and that kinda sucks. just become a better shooter and this stuff won't affect you as much, that's about it.

DA_LAD
  • DA_LAD

Lick it!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

I made one and now after seeing it every week i see why everyone was pissed

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

I'm totally fine with killing in FM. Its GTA after all. Its when everyone starts spawning at the same place it gets annoying. And for the love of god, the airport sucks!!!

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (TheBruceter @ Feb 16 2009, 11:05)
I'm totally fine with killing in FM. Its GTA after all. Its when everyone starts spawning at the same place it gets annoying. And for the love of god, the airport sucks!!!

Yeah i agree. I don't mind people killing each other. sometimes it can be amusing to have a bit of rivalry. But it is annoying as f*ck when people are just running around one street shooting each other and respawning endlessly. especially at the f*cking airport.

But yeas to the OP i do like to team up against the cops. My GT is Tony Mozzarelli

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Feb 16 2009, 00:50)
On this forum, someone could post a picture of a baby petting a kitten and it would start a f*cking flame war.

Let's find out if this is true.
colgate.gif

user posted image

GangsterTripper
  • GangsterTripper

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

That $hit is whack playa!

Und3r5c0r3
  • Und3r5c0r3

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:32 AM

Gamertag: DJSmurf2008

My GT is Tony Mozzarelli

Gonna add both of you next time I'm playing biggrin.gif

I played a FM match one time in Algonquin with FF on, and it ended up being a lot of fun. Everyone was trying to control the Majestic Hotel (from mission "Late Checkout"). There were so many Annihilators everywhere, in the air around the hotel and crashed on top of the hotel. The spontaneously formed alliances, the surprisingly prevalent strategies, and the occasional betrayals that led to epic gunfights inside the hotel all added up to one of the most enjoyable online gaming experiences I've ever had. I can appreciate something like that. But I can't appreciate it when people join a FM match with no goal but to kill everyone for no reason. When people use FM for that, it just seems like people aren't utilizing the freedom that FM offers.

And I lol'd at the picture, MrJohn666.

The-MathMog
  • The-MathMog

The-MathMog

• Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

Yea i know what you mean... Everybody thinks its deathmatch and kill everybody they can... SO GO PLAY DM FOR GODS SAKE....

And yes. When i host i pay with FF off tounge.gif

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Make friends and play with them.
For the last several days I've been playing FM with some of the mods on PC and they will spawn any car you want for you. Then you can do whatever you want. If someone comes in and starts shooting at someone, everyone gangs up on that person until they leave and then we go back to free mode stuff. racing, spinouts and random stunts. Fun stuff.
I can do this because I made friends with them.
They will accept you if you act appropriately for their room. If not they gang up on you. And the mods don't play fair if they don't like you.

Double_Deagle
  • Double_Deagle

If it isn't D1RTY, it isn't worth it!

• D1RTY12

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

As if greifers would give f*ck! If they get a reaction, they're happy...they dont even care about others "not playing fair"...even better...thats giving an extra hype to them...like "they cant own me in a "fair" fight"...

Whatever YOU consider fair on a game that sets everyone for a damn psycho killer... suicidal.gif

A leikable mudkip23
  • A leikable mudkip23

Putting cyanide in your lemonade since 1954

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:50 PM Edited by A leikable mudkip23, 18 February 2009 - 08:58 PM.

I think this is well suited.

user posted image

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:10 AM

Griefing or not, the DM style of FM is prevalent. It's not the griefers either, it's mainly regular users who like the shooting practice, who like a mode where you don't give up money for getting killed and no stats to reflect kill to death ratio.

Hell, I've spawned into a game wanting to play with some glitches and had a helluva time getting out of the area I spawned since it's respawn near, powerful weapons, AA on and everybody playing DM.

Like I say about most things that annoy people in this game, find a way to make a game within the game, or add enough people of like mind to your friends list, set proper private slots, start a new game.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

Seeing as this thread keeps happening, can I make my infamous "reverse" gag again please?

"That's nothing, last week I was in a deathmatch that turned into a free mode!  Mofos were stunting, glitching and exploring, it was horrible!"

Thanks.
Thanks again.
Thanks.

G0DsHADOW
  • G0DsHADOW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

If you want a good freemode game thats not a deathmatch, try joining a gang/ clan on gta.
most clans do alot of fun stuff, mostly in freemode.
but if you cant find any, you can join my clan The russo's mafia
my gt is g0dshadow.

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Und3r5c0r3 @ Feb 15 2009, 23:50)
Erm, The Grove... The term "grand theft auto" in the real world is used by the police to refer to someone stealing a car. There's nothing about killing in the legal definition of grand theft auto. So next time, make sure you're not an idiot before you act like an asshole.

Anyways, I don't care if people kill each other in GTA, but why do people always gotta kill each other in Free Mode? There's a mode completely devoted to people who just want to kill each other. It's called Deathmatch. And yet, people insist on going to Free Mode for mindless killing.

And, yes, there is something I can do. I can start my own Free Mode match and turn friendly fire off. The problem is finding other people who like to play Free Mode this way. I was hoping that there was already an established group of players that liked to play Free Mode with friendly fire off. But I guess there isn't, so I started this topic in hopes of finding some other players to play with. But it's probably just gonna turn into a flame war now. On this forum, someone could post a picture of a baby petting a kitten and it would start a f*cking flame war.

there call it FREE MODE it seys do went you like or sit back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users