Photo

Driving; Practical Test

24 replies to this topic
AdamDW
  • AdamDW

Welcome to BurgerShot Muuuuufu*kaa!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey, im goin for my driving test in a few days and wondered if anyone from here could give me a few pointers that will help me on my epic journey of going to the test centre and passing smile.gif

Basically all i want to know is what kind of things the examiner asks you and are they fair with you? How many mistakes can you make and still pass?

thanks in advance biggrin.gif

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

When the instructor asks you if it's ok to run someone over, always say no. Cause if you don't there's a slight chance you'll fail.

Gamernotnerd
  • Gamernotnerd

I regret choosing this username.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

If he asks what to do at a yellow light simply say "open the throttle".

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

15 points for kids, 10 for the elderly, 5 for disabled and 20 for everyone else.

D1RTY
  • D1RTY

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Don't be too confident like on junctions for example, even though you can do it well you can still get a mark for doing it too quick through too much confidence. I only got 6 faults on my driving test and passed first time. The examiner may talk to you for a bit to see if you can still be aware bit it should be ok. I was totally relaxed when I did mine and expected the worst so I wouldn't be dissapointed and it made me very happy when he said I passed. and by the way this should be in vehicle chat.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Well they ask you 2 questions before you even drive. Its called the Show me Tell me test. I think as well if you get those 2 wrong then it counts towards as minors. So before you even step in the car you could have 2 minors against you.
Just take your time, and listen to what he wants you to do. And don't even think about the marks hes putting down since he could be marking you for something you did 10 mins ago as apposed to now.

AdamDW
  • AdamDW

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (MarcoTheftAuto @ Feb 15 2009, 22:21)
Don't be too confident like on junctions for example, even though you can do it well you can still get a mark for doing it too quick through too much confidence. I only got 6 faults on my driving test and passed first time. The examiner may talk to you for a bit to see if you can still be aware bit it should be ok. I was totally relaxed when I did mine and expected the worst so I wouldn't be dissapointed and it made me very happy  when he said I passed. and by the way this should be in  vehicle chat.

thanks for the serious response, all the i did laugh abit at the others..

and i will take all your advice into consideration thanks again biggrin.gif

edit; thanks to person above also

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Watch that scene from Borat.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (AdamDW @ Feb 15 2009, 22:29)
QUOTE (MarcoTheftAuto @ Feb 15 2009, 22:21)
Don't be too confident like on junctions for example, even though you can do it well you can still get a mark for doing it too quick through too much confidence. I only got 6 faults on my driving test and passed first time. The examiner may talk to you for a bit to see if you can still be aware bit it should be ok. I was totally relaxed when I did mine and expected the worst so I wouldn't be dissapointed and it made me very happy when he said I passed. and by the way this should be in vehicle chat.

thanks for the serious response, all the i did laugh abit at the others..

and i will take all your advice into consideration thanks again biggrin.gif

edit; thanks to person above also

You must be really nervous, not only are you facing the absolute humiliation of failing your test but you could get into an accident in the process. You have no way to predict how other drivers will react and of course you're inexperienced so there is such a high chance of an accident. Jesus, you could kill a child or severely disable one! Think about the speed and weight of the car, you've a 90% chance of killing someone hitting them at just 30mph. You don't know what route you'll have to take, you might go past a school or an area where kids play. What if a ball goes on front of your car and a little girl follows it or you swerve? One small mistake and you could crush some poor boy's skull!

You could do this,
user posted image

Enjoy your special day though icon14.gif .

iYateszy
  • iYateszy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

I have to admire the positivity and encouragement from the above post. biggrin.gif

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

Answer to the written portion of the driving test:

B
C
B
C
C
A
D
A
A
B
C
C
D
A
C
A
B
A
C
B

Don't study, just fill it out in entirety. Don't even bother reading the questions. Even if there are more answers than there are questions on the paper.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Dude, did you post a pic of a dead child?

...ugh

Gamernotnerd
  • Gamernotnerd

I regret choosing this username.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Feb 15 2009, 17:58)

...ugh

Well, bitch got owned.

AdamDW
  • AdamDW

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

you sick f*ck, you didnt own me at all, what i would like to know is how many other pictures have you got on your computer of that material... twat

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

is it true that in america your parents can teach you driving and that you can drive everything with an engine on the street without the proof that it is safe?

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 15 2009, 16:03)
is it true that in america your parents can teach you driving and that you you can drive everything with an engine on the street without the proof that it is safe?

No. It is not true. Most states have laws that deem what is allowed to be driven on public roads and what is not allowed. These laws have requirements that must be met by the vehicle.

Learning to drive though can occur with your parents during the permit stage. But you are also required to take a driver's course with a license person who teaches you how to drive. You have to hit a certain number of hours behind the wheel before you can take the written and physical driving test to get your license. You also have to take an eye test as well.

It isn't just hop in the car and pick up your license at your local DMV.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Feb 15 2009, 23:06)
is it true that in america your parents can teach you driving and that you you can drive everything with an engine on the street without the proof that it is safe?

No. It is not true. Most states have laws that deem what is allowed to be driven on public roads and what is not allowed. These laws have requirements that must be met by the vehicle.

Learning to drive though can occur with your parents during the permit stage. But you are also required to take a driver's course with a license person who teaches you how to drive. You have to hit a certain number of hours behind the wheel before you can take the written and physical driving test to get your license. You also have to take an eye test as well.

the good old eye test, I passed it tounge.gif

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 15 2009, 16:09)

Can I ask, are people seriously this ignorant to differences in countries? Or were you jerking my chain? I can't see how anyone could seriously think that a country could actually exist as a major player in the economic and political world with such a lawless and disorganized system for transportation.

There are differences between developed and developing countries. One factor which should obviously be considered is the country's various statutes and laws that pertain to transportation and public roadways.

Maybe it is just me who recognizes those things.. turn.gif

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Feb 15 2009, 23:19)

Can I ask, are people seriously this ignorant to differences in countries? Or were you jerking my chain? I can't see how anyone could seriously think that a country could actually exist as a major player in the economic and political world with such a lawless and disorganized system for transportation.

There are differences between developed and developing countries. One factor which should obviously be considered is the country's various statutes and laws that pertain to transportation and public roadways.

I've watched PIMP MY RIDE several times, that's all. it's scares me to see these wrecks on the street...

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Seachmall - I don't think it's okay to post pictures of dead children. Just a little FYI.

The year I got my license was one of the best years of my life. The feeling of freedom was such an indescribable feeling. I hope you enjoy it too, man.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 15 2009, 16:24)
QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Feb 15 2009, 23:19)

I've watched PIMP MY RIDE several times, that's all. it's scares me to see these wrecks on the street...

Some states have less strict laws, but most of them must meet a minimum safety requirement. For Pimp My Ride, I wouldn't be surprised if MTV tore sh*t out and made it worse than it was before to "encourage" viewers to see a larger need and difference than for real. MTV always does that sh*t so basing an opinion off of that is rather humorous.

As it is, police can't check every car on the road so all you can do is hope you aren't driving around anyone like those on the show. Oh, and hope that a cop will pull them over randomly some day.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (AdamDW @ Feb 15 2009, 23:02)
what i would like to know is how many other pictures have you got on your computer of that material...

I think you'll find it's hotlinked.
twat
Child killer.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

The advice I can give you is basically what I went through when I got my licence almost five years ago.

First and foremost, known how to parallel park because there's a 99% chance you will be asked to do it. When I took my test, parallel parking was the first thing you had to do and you had three chances; if you failed that part, you failed the entire exam (luckily, I could do it).

Second, be sure to keep both your hands on the wheel. My friend failed his driving exam because temporarily, he was driving with one hand.

Third, keep the radio off. Again, someone I knew failed because they turned on the radio and the examiner cited it as a distraction (he's a picky c*nt... we all had the same guy).

Fourth, be sure to check your mirrors quite frequently (both rear view and side). It is very important to know what is going on around your vehicle at all times.

Fifth, when you approach an intersection, be sure to scan it thoroughly.

Sixth, the pedestrian always has the right of way even if the situation would dictate they don't (i.e. crossing where there is no crosswalk). Usually not yielding the right of way to a pedestrian is an instant fail.

Apart from that, the rest is just common sense.

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Gamernotnerd @ Feb 15 2009, 23:00)

...ugh

Well, bitch got owned.

biggrin.gif jesus christ on a bike pedaling through a busy motorway while being on mushrooms!

i laughed so hard at that one.

AdamDW
  • AdamDW

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (860 @ Feb 16 2009, 11:15)
QUOTE (Gamernotnerd @ Feb 15 2009, 23:00)

...ugh

Well, bitch got owned.

biggrin.gif jesus christ on a bike pedaling through a busy motorway while being on mushrooms!

i laughed so hard at that one.

I passed biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users