Photo

Minecraft

6,474 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Classic is the old first iteration of Minecraft and thus free, the one people are talking about here is the Alpha which you pay for and is multi player. I do admit to playing a copy of the Alpha which allows you to play offline for free but I do intend to buy it to play with others as it can be quite boring on your own.

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

Disapproving of the actions of 'Players'.

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:36 AM Edited by Quiteso, 18 October 2010 - 11:41 AM.

Cool beans. So, is there a GTAF server?

Edit:

Well, I went and bought it! Thought I should while it's in alpha with the 50% off, and it looks like a game with lots of replayability!

It seems pretty funky so far, the crafting system is pretty cool and simple ('drawing' the item you wanna craft), and it can be surprisingly scary for such a graphically simple game! I survived my first night and have been building a mini shelter/fort thing, started to dig far underground, see what I'll find tounge.gif what other things can I do in this game?

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Oct 18 2010, 05:20)
Classic is the old first iteration of Minecraft and thus free, the one people are talking about here is the Alpha which you pay for and is multi player. I do admit to playing a copy of the Alpha which allows you to play offline for free but I do intend to buy it to play with others as it can be quite boring on your own.

You can play the classic one online too. Only in the browser though.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

So I've replaced the server's world with my own and went playing online with my buddie on my own world.

It was damn awesome.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Oct 18 2010, 19:05)
So I've replaced the server's world with my own and went playing online with my buddie on my own world.

It was damn awesome.

This is also massive win because you can spawn in loads of diamond stuff and save it in the chests. Then export it back to SP ;D

Thats what I did but I dont play SP anymore. Too busy making castles on every new world we make.

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:20 AM

Well I've done a fair bit of singleplayer.. does anyone know a good multiplayer server? I can't seem to connect to half of them sad.gif

Blizzard14
  • Blizzard14

Get out of here STALKER!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Quiteso @ Oct 17 2010, 22:36)
Wwhat other things can I do in this game?

Here's a basic guide I found. Dunno if it's been posted before.

http://www.echidnatr...ft/crafting.php

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

heres me just playing the game i made a fire totem that burns sheep and ememys!

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

Castle template update! Before and after smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

thats really sweet you got an online server running?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Okay, first of all, I'm pretty new to Minecraft, but I have a general idea of what I'm doing.

Okay, so, every time I start a game, I go and build a shelter; however, once nightfall comes, all the monsters come out, and litterly, hundreds flock to my shelter. Zombies, spiders, suicide green stick things, and more. Only problem is, once daylight comes, they don't go away. They're all still outside. This obviously makes it hard to do anything since I'm trapped in my house. confused.gif

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Oct 22 2010, 11:11)
Okay, first of all, I'm pretty new to Minecraft, but I have a general idea of what I'm doing.

Okay, so, every time I start a game, I go and build a shelter; however, once nightfall comes, all the monsters come out, and litterly, hundreds flock to my shelter. Zombies, spiders, suicide green stick things, and more. Only problem is, once daylight comes, they don't go away. They're all still outside. This obviously makes it hard to do anything since I'm trapped in my house. confused.gif

Most of them die from sunlight.
Place a block between the door and yourself, blocking the other monsters and hit them with your sword to death.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Oct 22 2010, 19:06)
thats really sweet you got an online server running?

That I have

@Ryan: Green things are creepers! You should build a shelter and build a mine underneath.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

In case you guys don't know.
http://www.pcgamer.c...eet-the-ghasts/

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

Damnit, reading all this talk is getting me interested! My cousin plays it, other people have mentioned it. Is it seriously that good?

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Oct 22 2010, 21:42)
Damnit, reading all this talk is getting me interested! My cousin plays it, other people have mentioned it. Is it seriously that good?

Yes.

and this looks promising!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Oct 23 2010, 00:13)
QUOTE (Xboxless @ Oct 22 2010, 21:42)

Yes.

and this looks promising!

Wow, those textures look great! I haven't even tried to change the look of my game before, but I might have to after seeing these.

I would just feel a sense of guilt when I realise they aren't 'Notch approved'...

I love this game.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

hey guys im trying to download the Server thing... but it keeps saying that its an unknown file....

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:39 AM Edited by james227uk, 23 October 2010 - 11:49 AM.

This game pisses me off sometimes. Over the past 3 days I have been searching around for a Dungeon; for a Monster Spawner, digging out as much as I could. Found nothing.

Today, just now actually, I generated a new world, gave myself some TNT and started digging straight down. Guess what I found? Monster Spawner/Dungeon straight away with no fuss. I'm not going to detonate this TNT now biggrin.gif

EDIT: For those wondering, I was going to do the whole jump then put a block beneath you trick with TNT. Get as high as possible, then just detonate the TNT to make a massive cave in the floor.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:04 PM Edited by Edmachine, 23 October 2010 - 12:09 PM.

@james227uk: It's fun at first, but I find, that it gets rather boring after a while. Just me.

How do you guys make those maps? I used Cartographer, but I got a lot smaller image (well, my base was a lot smaller)...

New video, showing off my new stuff.

Right after I filmed that, I made a new floor on over the farm. Made a bigger farm. 3x6x2 (3 spaces, 6 rows, twice). Oh, and I started playing on Normal after I made the first video. So much more fun. And the reason I built the wall as well. And the water trap. Which doesn't always work, but I'm not complaining.

The first two floors, minus the second chest room, were farms before this. Then I realized there is no point in a farm if I play on Peaceful, so I made it into a storage building. Now it's both.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:45 PM Edited by james227uk, 23 October 2010 - 06:46 PM.

There is no real way to "make those maps" except to build a bigger structure so it will appear more. In the world I generated earlier (one with the monster spawner), this is my result so far

user posted image

As you can see, the building shows up pretty clearly.

Took me ages that did, and it's not even finished. Creating all that glass, and clearing out that massive flat area took much longer than expected

So that's basically it. I don't think you can zoom into the map it generates without pixellation

EDIT:

Thought I'd build a little trap around that Monster Spawner. It turned out to be a Spider spawner, so right now I have an infinite source of String. The spiders drown, and then the string floats towards the center so I can safely pick it up

user posted image

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Oct 23 2010, 12:04)
How do you guys make those maps? I used Cartographer, but I got a lot smaller image (well, my base was a lot smaller)...

Use the Isometric thing instead of oblique

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:00 AM

Damn Edmachine, that's one kick-ass castle. I really liked how everything's in its place and those lava features are the best. How come there're so many sheep around, what's going on? rolleyes.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

A new video to add to the collection! Me and a friend had a network server going on tonight got some rare footage!

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Oct 24 2010, 03:00)
Damn Edmachine, that's one kick-ass castle. I really liked how everything's in its place and those lava features are the best. How come there're so many sheep around, what's going on? rolleyes.gif

Thanks smile.gif ! I swear, I'm not welsh!

@oysterbarron: How would that be a glitch if you stepped on fire and caught it?

@Ptikobj: Thanks, but I downloaded a newer version after I made my post and found that mode. Do you guys crop out your base and then make the image x times larger so it's the size you post?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Well thats not actually the characters fire animation normaly its just the body that is on fire! After that video was taken i was about 1 block un synced from the server and my character was showing on my mates screen catching on proper fire every now and again even though i was not near the flames.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Oct 24 2010, 06:44)
Thanks, but I downloaded a newer version after I made my post and found that mode. Do you guys crop out your base and then make the image x times larger so it's the size you post?

I just crop it! The image is it at 100%

I'm working on merging some texture packs currently. Just found some bugs tounge.gif

user posted image

Accidently removed fire and cut a chunk out of the furnace sigh.gif

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:59 PM Edited by james227uk, 25 October 2010 - 09:17 PM.

Busy preparing for the Halloween update at the moment. Built myself a hell portal room:

user posted image

This is how you build a portal:

user posted image

My portal room will be sealed tight with a pressure plate activated iron door, just in case a Ghast decides to appear by the portal in the normal world

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, if you have underground mines, you'd better start adding more torches to them now. In the Halloween update, monsters will be more tolerant to light the further underground they are

EDIT 2:

Finished off my Ghast friendly portal. Proud of it so far

user posted image

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

Some of the creations in this topic make mine look like nothing tounge.gif still...

I think I'm starting to get somewhat good at this now, I have a high up lookout house/tower thing on 'stilts' on a mountain, and dug down underneath into lots of caves. I can't seem to find too much iron ore though!

I've started making some minecart tracks too, but it's nothing compared to some of the creations on Youtube sad.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

Just discovered this myself but to find iron ore and some of the rarer ores you have to mine below sea level, coal mostly is found above ground in the mountains.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users