Minecraft

6,464 replies to this topic
GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm looking for a particular seed

A taiga or a jungle island seed.I saw both on the minecraft forums,but I can't remember.
Whoever finds it,gets a cookie.gif
Whoever includes a pic with it gains a diamond.

Yesterday I made a new game.Spawned in a jungle.Right on the start I made a 2 storey treehouse with jungle tree planks for the walls and normal tree planks for the floor,together with a crafting table,glasses,light and a furnace.I made charcoal since I didn't mine much.
In the 2nd day I made a watchtower on the top of the tree.
I gained 2 apples,which are a rare pick.I ate them,but some days after,in which I made a sandstone mine by the beach,I starved.Actually,I still live,and I have a chest.I might aswell let myself die but save everything on my treehouse.

I can't help but notice my treehouse attracts a lot of creepers.Killed 4 on my first day,with a wooden sword.I can't complain,I have to say it's a nice source of gunpowder,they didn't kill me once.If they do,I'll just remake the tree.There are plenty of logs nearby,

By the way,found out how to grow jungle trees,a thing I didn't knew.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Jungle Island Seed: Artomix

I love this thing. Got myself set up on a sandbar and I venture onto the island as needed. It could be the one you're thinking of.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

cookie.gif

For you,baked with love.

I'd like to find a taiga island though,they both seem like fun maps to play in.It might not be as challenging as starting in a tiny-ass island with one tree,but it's fun to make the island look like what we want it to look without it being huuge.We can put some buildings there,replant the trees to our liking,clean all the snow and grow a jungle.The possibilities are endless.(Simcity...)

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Watched this SeaNanners video on Mine craft.
They go on a quest, 'The Magic Fountain of Immortality.'

The banter between those 3 genuinely made me laugh, and the quest was pretty cool.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Some more pics, taken long time to get this far in progress...

user posted image
Upcoming farm for sugar canes, cacti, melons and pumpkins. Still need to raise the ceiling and clear the torches and select materials for ceiling, floor and walls.

user posted image
New look for the walkway inside, changed wooden slabs to bricks/stone/cobblestone slabs

user posted image
New entry for wheat-farm, going to make same kind for the other farm but on the other side of the house.

user posted image
Look from the new added "look-out"-platform I just made.

user posted image
View from wheat-farm to the platform

user posted image
Pet-room, changed it a bit.

user posted image
Melons!! inlove.gif

user posted image
"Roof access"

user posted image
Inside of the roof-access-tower.

user posted image
Outside of the tower, with view of some of my pixel-art.

user posted image
Closer look at Mario.

user posted image
Here used to be river, but I filled it in and decided to make it look more even and light it with Jack-O-Lanterns.

user posted image
Temporary pumpkin-farm with cacti-farm protecting it from mobs.

user posted image
Overall look from the front of my house. smile.gif

Still got lots of stuff to do, finish the village for example. I already got 2 villagers in there, but they got killed by zombies even though I made Iron Golem to protect them... I guess I need to find another village and create railroad tracks again, I already used 3 stacks of iron to create enough tracks to get to the another village. tounge2.gif

By the way, if you're interested how the area used to look, just check it out, seed is "minecraft" without quotes. tounge2.gif

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 14:03)

The banter between those 3 genuinely made me laugh, and the quest was pretty cool.

Yeah, watched it last night as soon as it was uploaded, well. It was after midnight, if anyone wants to see, here it is.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 04:33)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 14:03)

Yeah, watched it last night as soon as it was uploaded, well. It was after midnight, if anyone wants to see, here it is.

YEah i was watching after midnight too haha funny that.
Man i love SeaNanners.

Oogie
  • Oogie

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:21 PM Edited by Oogie, 07 May 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Finally got some time to work on this again
I changed the roof and added a second floor, but it's still a work in progress
user posted image

Update: roof finished (brown spot on the right side is the cheminy to be finished)
user posted image
(full size)

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

f*ck that's sweet, died once in my world, then found out apples drop from trees you cut down (it wasn't like that before) so i collected some of those then built myself a house and an animal farm, now building a mine (got a 3x3 shaft already) but still tons to do, ah well, I can get food, wood and meat etc in my own "garden" (I placed tons of fences) so i'm pretty safe for now..

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

@Lawl0070

Post some pics? smile.gif

@Oogie

Looks really nice, I love the design you've got on the fort/house!

I just made a pyramid out of smooth sandstone... And replaced the wooden ceiling on my house. Going to post pics after school. smile.gif

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

In my other world I found a pyramid like structure made out of it.It was kinda small,on a desert biome.Herobrine's in my game lol.

Anyway,I'm starting a game on Artomix.I'll make a new post or edit this one when I do something cool.I'm gonna do a treehouse on the highest tree,and the land shall be called Minecraftier.I ran it through cartograph,the map is epic.You spawn on a jungle island,and if you swim a little,you'll find some deserted small islands.Swim a little more and you find a HUUUGE desert.I think there's some other biomes on the west corner of the map,but they are small.I guess after I have a shelter I'll make a boat and go to the desert.I wouldn't mind getting some smooth sand,sand for glass and cactus to protect my treehouse.Anyway,this is just speculation now,but I'm looking forward to doing it all.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 12:09)
@Lawl0070

Post some pics? smile.gif

@Oogie

Looks really nice, I love the design you've got on the fort/house!

I just made a pyramid out of smooth sandstone... And replaced the wooden ceiling on my house. Going to post pics after school. smile.gif

well i can send you some old pics from my previous world, lol, got some huge structures there, was back in beta

http://imgur.com/a/gBWXq#0
since the out-of-beta version is much more awesome i'm planning to do some huge building there as well but gotta get myself some resources first smile.gif

Oogie
  • Oogie

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

tought i'd do a short walk around of the fortress as it is, the structure is done but i need to work on some detailing.
I'll let the pics do the talking.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Oogie that is one beautiful house icon14.gif I love the fireplace and stairway, the landscaping is lovely too.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

sweet house indeed...lol, i never have time and patience to build such stuff >.<

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

@Oogie
Awesome work!

Just played the trial of Minecraft Xbox edition and it ain't bad but there's no dedicated servers sad.gif Maybe in time eh?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Trial? I didn't see any trial...

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

Oogie I love what you've done with that house it looks fantastic.

This is something I've been working on in my server:

user posted image

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

http://lawrencekennis.imgur.com/all/ wondering if you guys can see these images, they're a little view of my new minecraft world smile.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Nice setup you got there!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 01:29)
Trial? I didn't see any trial...

All XBLA games have a trial, usually sitting right next to the paid version.

Oogie
  • Oogie

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words smile.gif

That's a huge fort you got there Inky, i'm still trying to figure out how to keep the inside of mine lit up so that i don't find monsters inside the walls

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

On mine i kept scrolling and never saw a trial download :S Anyway, i bought it now. Played with some mates, it's awesome!

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Nice work Oogie, looking good. icon14.gif

F*cking loving the Minecraft on XBLA. biggrin.gif

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

How's it any different from the PC?Seriously,I'm not being sarcastic.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (GTASAIDEAMASTER @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 23:25)
How's it any different from the PC?Seriously,I'm not being sarcastic.

Well it's pretty much the same but closer to version 1.6 and a limit to the map size. It's got a proper tutorial and descriptions, much more accessible to new players.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'm close to buying the XBLA version. It's supposed to be pretty close to the PC version.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Okay,I started Artomix seed today.I didn't do much,I only played 10 minutes(the time of the average minecraft day.

I have some pics,but I don't feel like posting them now.
Basically,I threw down two trees,got four saplings so I can replant the jungle trees later and made a sh*tload of stairs.I made it to the higher tree of the island though.I still need to convert two of these plants you can climb into ladders.Tomorrow I will destroy all of the leaves there and proceed to make a treehouse with a trapdoor entrance.I'd also like to get some glass.I will make charcoal since I didn't spot any cave.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:26 AM Edited by Pat, 11 May 2012 - 12:30 AM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 18:04)
I'm close to buying the XBLA version.  It's supposed to be pretty close to the PC version.

It's severely gimped in comparison. The limited map size may not seem like much of a big deal, but when you compare it to the virtually infinite space of the PC version, it's pretty significantly small. There's also the lack of texture packs and custom player skins, the lack of mods, and I'm not entirely sure how many people you can fit into a multiplayer game in the XBLA version but I have a hunch it's a lot lower than the amount possible in a dedicated PC server.

The only positive thing I've seen is mip-mapping, which is possible in the PC version with Optifine. Besides that, it really has nothing to offer making it worth purchasing over the PC version, unless your PC absolutely cannot run Minecraft.

QUOTE (Knife @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 17:38)
but closer to version 1.6

Actually, it is version 1.6 - that was the current version when the XBLA version began development, and they didn't bother trying to keep up with the updates. The "downloadable content" tab on the menu has lead some to speculate if the existing updates will come in the form of DLC, but I'm skeptical of that because from what I've heard it's damn near impossible to get authorization from Microsoft to release DLC free of charge. It's very possible Microsoft will try to get Mojang to charge Xbox 360 players for updates; knowing what Microsoft has done in the past, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

That's nice, Pat. C9craft is still pretty fun, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users