Photo

Minecraft

6,467 replies to this topic
Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

been a long time since i played mc, lol...should update and get back on the server perhaps >.<

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hello everyone.

I've been playing Minecraft for over a year now. I have two accounts, my main being Cries. I run three servers, Craftia; Drug Wars; & Runecraft (still in development) with a high success rate.

I love Minecraft just as much as I love GTA, so this mixture is ideal for me.

Here's a snap of the Craftia spawn:
user posted image

Here's a snap of the railway station in Drug Wars:
user posted image

Here's a snap of me building a house:
user posted image

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I am back again.

Somehow I made some conflicts and ended up being... getting out a little bit sad and forgetting about GTAF and MC updates, etc. Anything new in Minecraft?

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 12:52)
I am back again.

Somehow I made some conflicts and ended up being... getting out a little bit sad and forgetting about GTAF and MC updates, etc. Anything new in Minecraft?

Quite a lot. When did you last stop playing? Refer to this if you want to get up-to-date.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Lovely post lol.

Actually... nothing new. It's still the 1.2.5 patch running around, which was mostly bug fixes, and the new sandstones..

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

Weekly snapshot 12w17a is out!

Not actually so sure how to react to it, the new writable books look really nice, and I think it's also sweet to have more of wooden slabs, but why, why Mojang had to make them act like wood? Now I have to redo the whole floor and ceiling for my house... Total of 4000 blocks to be mined and re-placed.

(I know, the old wooden slabs are still there and act like normal, but I just won't dare to keep wooden slab-floor when there's lava around...)

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 00:08)
why Mojang had to make them act like wood?

Because it was a glitch. They were never meant to act like stone. Honestly, I'm surprised it took them this long to fix it.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Writable Books! Thanks Jeb!

This will supply Minecraft servers with an infinite supply of new player books!

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Silk Touch will be able to pick up ice again.

Oh my goodnesss, that's awesome! I didn't have an XP trap or anything set up to get the rare enchant Silk Touch at the time when you could do this; I'm really happy that they put this back so I can have a play around with this. This also means water in the Nether!

Books are cool too, useful for all the SMP players and adventure map makers.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Friday, Apr 27 2012, 13:22)
This also means water in the Nether!

Nope; Ice in the Nether will disappear without forming a water source block

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Dont forget to register your name over in the server section for hunger games this evening if your interested!

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Too bad i'm banned from the server to play :3

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

We only have a few rules for you to adhere to, Unfortuantly in breaking those rules you have to sacrifice certain privileges!

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 00:25)
Nope; Ice in the Nether will disappear without forming a water source block

Ah man, so they're patching that? I guess it's understandable. I guess ice in the overworld is still good. I always had in mind of adding ice highways in my world, just gulp down a speed potion then sprint jump - it's faster than minecarts right? Also for quick item transport since items slide faster on ice in water than other blocks. Capped for Internet atm but I want to try playing around with the dispensers shooting out boats/minecarts. The adjusted book recipe is nice, I have a cow breeding barn and with a diamond fortune sword, I've gotten so much leather. I'm really interested when they'll add the new buffs that already have their status sprites in the terrain.png

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Grief Night is going ahead on the server now!

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Small update of my hardcore map...

Just a little project I'm working on, some artistic stuff. smile.gif

user posted image

Got my sheep-farm finished, made small pathway to a village near-by (self-made, going to get some villagers in there if I find real village), and the pathway is lit up with redstone lamps which get their signal from BUD-switch which goes on at night and off at days. Nifty! smile.gif

Sheep-farm has 6 sheeps of each color, each in their own pen. Just shear the sheep from the edges, go down the ladders to collection-area and pull the switch until the wool floats to you, then pull the switch again to allow the sheep to re-grow their wool.

I'll be posting preview-video after I've got small details done, I know, I said it before, but I'm getting more and more projects on as I'm trying to finish one. biggrin.gif

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

@Mandog: Why are you banned?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:21 PM Edited by oksa8, 29 April 2012 - 09:49 PM.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Got my Mario finished from Super Mario Bros 3, and now I just might add one-up near-by Mario, so it would look like he's flying at it. And Luigi walking to the ground. smile.gif

Also, the farms are all kind of completed, only need some decorative supports which doesn't take long, and I've thought of new style for the inside while replacing wooden slabs.

EDIT:

More progress, one-up done. smile.gif

EDIT #2:

Done two Goomba's, one "stomped on", and one normal, though the "normal" looks like he's been smoking pot... tounge2.gif
I'm actually more satisfied with the brown/white combination more than with any other, even though it doesn't replicate the original colours of Goomba. (SMB3)

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Did you create these Mario stuff in creative? Cause I can do pixel art on creative maps real quick.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 13:56)
Did you create these Mario stuff in creative? Cause I can do pixel art on creative maps real quick.

Nope, all on Hardcore. I've actually done most of those twice, as they I'm just improvising and placing them where ever I can, and now Mario and one-up are way too low and close to other stuff... So I need to destroy those and re-create, long job but gives great results for the area. smile.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm working on some pixel art too, just of my head of my skin but I can't get the colours right with this one: http://www.planetmin...ronmental-suit/

I plan to make a gallery in my legit world of the heads of my favourite skins. This one is a bit difficult for me. There's two types of cyans and I can't seem to get it right with only blue,light blue, cyan and diamond block. Can someone have a go at this?

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 15:05)

Nope, all on Hardcore. I've actually done most of those twice, as they I'm just improvising and placing them where ever I can, and now Mario and one-up are way too low and close to other stuff... So I need to destroy those and re-create, long job but gives great results for the area. smile.gif

That's insane pixel building on hardcore worlds lol. I know that we could do it safely in survival mode, and more safer in creative, but on hardcore that's insane. Great job tounge.gif

Benjimino, could you just go this way? The bottom of the face should be normal blue. Going up, you'll go cyan. Then you'll go diamond. The middle of the eye should be iron. The blue pixel on the front of the body and on the back of your head should be diamond. Try this scheme and upload a pic showing the skin with the suggested colors.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 PM Edited by oksa8, 01 May 2012 - 03:56 AM.

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 19:33)
QUOTE (oksa8 @ Monday, Apr 30 2012, 15:05)

That's insane pixel building on hardcore worlds lol. I know that we could do it safely in survival mode, and more safer in creative, but on hardcore that's insane. Great job tounge.gif

EDIT: Last night's post...

But, thanks. smile.gif

I think it takes several weeks to complete the map before I'll make the preview video, I've already got an idea for melon/pumpkin/sugar-farms, and I thought I could maybe place them under wheatfarm, which will require hours of digging and mining to clear the area. And also, I need to find another village where would be two villagers, and get them follow me to the village I've made. + Blaze-grinder. smile.gif

As you might guess, it's overall just for showing off, and will require several hours of work to complete. smile.gif

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 02:03)
Benjimino, could you just go this way? The bottom of the face should be normal blue. Going up, you'll go cyan. Then you'll go diamond. The middle of the eye should be iron. The blue pixel on the front of the body and on the back of your head should be diamond. Try this scheme and upload a pic showing the skin with the suggested colors.

Like this?

EDIT: pic is a little large here's a link http://i.imgur.com/clF1K.jpg

Blue then Cyan, I think it looks good, thanks for the advice. Mind the pixel art for Going Quantum a EDM label. I plan to put them in this tunnel I have connecting a village base to my mountain base, or somewhere I'll see it regularly. I only planned to do the head but doing the body would be cool too, I'll just put it outside as a monument to myself haha.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Glad to hear you're good with it. Though I told you the eyes should be diamond and the white part of the eyes should be iron, but whatever, it looks good to you.

Any fun project to do in Minecraft? And a quick one because tomorrow's exam is a very easy computer test and I'd like something to complete in a hour or less.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'eyes' and 'the middle of the eye' - it's a visor and I don't know what blocks you're referring to.

As to mini projects, I propose doing a 'challenge' so to speak.

Simple stuff, just start a new world from scratch and complete the challenge within the time limit. This one in particular has an hour time limit.
Objective: Brew all 9 main types of potions as quickly as possible. The 9 types are Regen, Healing, Fire Resistant, Strength, Speed, Slowness, Harming, Weakness, and Poison.
Difficulty: Hardcore
Structures: On
Rules: No F3 and no beds.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 15:30)
As to mini projects, I propose doing a 'challenge' so to speak.

Simple stuff, just start a new world from scratch and complete the challenge within the time limit. This one in particular has an hour time limit.
Objective: Brew all 9 main types of potions as quickly as possible. The 9 types are Regen, Healing, Fire Resistant, Strength, Speed, Slowness, Harming, Weakness, and Poison.
Difficulty: Hardcore
Structures: On
Rules: No F3 and no beds.

Damn, I haven't yet done all potions in my regular world, even though I've tried really much.... Can't find those damn melon seeds, even after +70 hours of playing the same map.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

The "eyes", are the blocks that you used cyan on. I told you to use diamond instead. The middle of the eye, is the diamond block in your build. Even though I told you its iron. Just try this change and see what's better for your skin.

And challenges... No I don't want challenges, I want a mini project to build.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Lately I've been having trouble finding some good seeds. All of the default ones are pretty boring and (relatively) flat, and all the sides with lists of seeds are outdated.

Does anyone have any good seeds for the newest version? I'm looking for something mountainous, but near water.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ May 1 2012, 15:20)
The "eyes", are the blocks that you used cyan on. I told you to use diamond instead. The middle of the eye, is the diamond block in your build. Even though I told you its iron. Just try this change and see what's better for your skin.

Oh, I get it. I tried it, didn't really like it. Also I planned to actually build this in my legit survival and even I do not have that many diamonds stocked up to make that many blocks. I have like 80 across all my bases but not 108 for the 12 that I would need.

QUOTE (King Mystery @ May 1 2012, 22:28)
Lately I've been having trouble finding some good seeds. All of the default ones are pretty boring and (relatively) flat, and all the sides with lists of seeds are outdated.

Does anyone have any good seeds for the newest version? I'm looking for something mountainous, but near water.

Try 'SYZYGY' without the quotations marks. It's kinda what you want. Also I just discovered a 'survival' island. Type in 'Submotion' (without quotation marks' and you'll spawn on an ocean island with one tree and pumpkins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users