Can you do it...?

290 replies to this topic
Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

"Can you complete the mission Keep your friends close using only a Chainsaw?"

Possible on XBOX with using Vehicles to get you there, Standing next to the Doorway of the Office is the easy part, when it's time to chase down Lance I ran out and jumped into the Sea Sparrow in the backyard and flew in front of Lance to chop Him down. After that I drove the Banshee into the House and jumped out to Saw down Sonny. Took about Seven tries.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

Nice one, buddy!

I've added your method into the first post, and it's nice to see some interest and people taking part in this! I still haven't had the time to get on Vice city, but by next week I'm sure I'll have attempted all un-attempted challenges. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

This is coming along well.

flicko, these kind of topics I figure are geared toward people who have completed the game, but you might want to note that a few spoilers (especially regarding "Keep Your Friends Close") have gone untagged. You could just put a prominent note about spoilers being present in the first post, just to warn anyone who hasn't beat the game that might pull this up.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:01 PM Edited by flicko, 02 January 2009 - 09:09 PM.

That is a sound idea, mate. I'll add a warning at the top of the first post, cheers for the heads-up, and I apologise to those who may have experienced spoilers without being forewarned. icon14.gif

Infact, I'll ask Spuds to put a potential spoiler warning in the topic description.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Jan 2 2009, 15:01)
Infact, I'll ask Spuds to put a potential spoiler warning in the topic description.

Good call.

Since that's up there, unless it's said otherwise, we might just let spoilers go if only in this topic. Like I'd mentioned, I look at this primarily as being for VC vets who've beat the game at least once if not many times and looking for something new to play for.

Now, I think it's time to dig out that long-neglected VC disc.... colgate.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

I'd be all for it, but I wouldn't implement such a thing without the approval of the led-by. But the thing is, if the spoiler warning is placed in the topic description, then members who click on the topic when there has been a new post notification will be unaware that potential game spoilers are willingly being discussed without being hidden. I'd ask for the spoiler warning to be posted beside the topic title, but I think that would kinda ruin the image. I'm not sure, maybe we should still keep spoilers hidden to members, as even if there were obvious warnings, unaware/new members will still probably spoil the game for themselves.

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder)
Now, I think it's time to dig out that long-neglected VC disc....

Now that is something I like the sound of! biggrin.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

I would definitely not go against Spuds' wishes one way or the other, but IMO people have now been adequately warned from the start. Main reason I raised the issue to start with is because I've seen a few places where references to spoilers have been made, untagged, and I was thinking it might just be easier to throw up a warning at the top than for Spuds to go through and correct them all. He's the boss around here, so he'll make the call.

bman_triads
  • bman_triads

The Last Dance - Of Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Great topic you have going on here flicko! This has, and will keep me occupied in my spare hours for sure! Oh and well done keeping it updated smile.gif

I have attempted the flat tire Voodoo race, without stars, and it got it done in 14.5 minutes sad.gif (No joke) You probably don't want to hear the time with 4 stars.... didn't even complete. I could have made it, but halfway through the final lap the Voodoo choked (more like got P.I.T Maneuvered by the cops in the Cheetahs) and I got busted. (No joke) confused.gif It's safe to say that I didn't win those races biggrin.gif It was fun though, and did leave me "satisfied".

BTW, I'm not a pro VC gamer either, so it was hilarious trying to drive that Voodoo around biggrin.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Dec 31 2008, 12:47)
Because i was shooting them with my uzi and when their cars were with black smoke i would crash all of them biggrin.gif
simple lol.gif

Sorry that i double posted but instead of writing a rocket launcher i bymistakely wrote an uzi i had shoot them with a rocket launcher because the cars are only blow able by a rocket launcher confused.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Nice going there bman_triads, but 14 and a half minutes?! Jeez, that must have been relieving when you finished the race!

Anyway, I've finally got time to give the challenges a go myself, and the first one I've had a go at is this-

Can you complete the mission Four Iron, using only a Caddy?

The challenge itself seems pretty simple and straightforward. However, that was not to be the case.

The first time I attempted this mission, I got into the Caddy just as you enter Leaf Links, then headed over to the target playing golf. I wanted to remain in the Caddy, and thought that I'd be able to kill the target if I simply drove up the stairs and rammed the target down. Getting up the stairs became a challenge in itself! Not only did I fail to get up the stairs on multiple occasions, whenever I did get up the stairs, I overcooked it and fell straight back down. So I got out of my Caddy, parked it a fair way away from the target (as his bodyguards would easily pull me out if I parked too close), and then went back. I got up the stairs, which triggered the target to flee, so I quickly ran to my Caddy and gave chase.

When I got to the target, I drove over a sand bunker, and toppled my Caddy, which gave it a flat tyre. And then the bodyguards caught up with me and pulled me out (Things weren't going well!). So I ran away from the Bodyguards and got in one of the three Caddies beside the driving range where my target was first. I then chased my target down, whilst being chased down by a bodyguard in another Caddy. I noticed that the target kept driving near the Ocean and quickly turning away, so I attempted to ram him into the water. Unsuccessfully.

I didn't fall into the water, but when I caught up with my target again he was near Leaf Links entrance. So I quickly rammed into him, just before he exited his Caddy, Knocking his Caddy over. And then he got out and made a run for it outside Leaf Links. I tried to catch up to him by driving the Caddy over the ramp beside the entrance, but the P.I.Gs were onto me, and the bodyguards had caught up with me, and they knocked me over. Before I could get into my Caddy and over the ramp I failed the mission.

On my second try I completed the challenge with relative ease. I had no flat tyres, no bodyguards managed to pull me out of the vehicle and I dispatched the target the first time I rammed him, nearly knocking myself into the ocean with him.

Although the challenge was somewhat frustrating, it was extremely entertaining at the same time. Really enjoyed it. I'll be giving other challenges a go soon.

Oh and, cheers Spuds for adding the spoiler warning. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Good work on the Four Iron challenge, flicko. I knew that was going to be harder than it sounded. I've toppled the Caddy into the water (and to Tommy's death) more than once trying that.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, it seemed somewhat straightforward, but those blasted bodyguards were a right pain in the arse! I anjoyed it thoroughly though, and I look forward to attempting other challenges in this topic. I assume you've already successfully completed the challange, mate?

Speaking of challenges, I've devised a new one, from reading another topic in this sub-forum. The challenge is-

Can you lose all of your money on the mission Keep your firends close? And what happens if you do?

I'm very intrigued to find this out, but I'm just not sure I'll have the time and patience to go through with this. I may give it a go, unless anybody has already completed this?

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

I know what happens because i had only 2000 and 9 bullets with the spas 12 shotgun when i started the mission killed lance with only 1 bullet left the money was only 7 bucks by that time and by the time i came down the money was gone so MISSION FAILED!! devil.gif nervous.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

I'm not quite following you here. Are you saying that it took you 2008 shots with the SPAS 12 Shotgun to kill Lance? Because in actual fact, it only takes 4 shots to dispatch Lance with the SPAS 12.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

I'm going to try it out as soon as I finish some asset missions. I plan on entering the mission with 50k and i'll see how long it takes for the Forelli's to steal it all and what happens when they do.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Jan 6 2009, 05:27)
I'm not quite following you here. Are you saying that it took you 2008 shots with the SPAS 12 Shotgun to kill Lance? Because in actual fact, it only takes 4 shots to dispatch Lance with the SPAS 12.

I guess that would depend on how far you are from Lance as you shoot, since with shotguns not all of the pellets will hit from longer ranges.

I've also gathered that it takes quite awhile for your money to run out during KYFC. You might try buying a lot of weapons at Ammu-Nation or Phil's leaving you with as little as possible when you start the final mission.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

No, what i was trying to tell was i had 2000 bucks and because i bought the malibu as soon as i finished cap the collector mission so i had 2000 bucks i had killed the people with the guns so i didnt have any ammunation and i was sooo happy so i played the final mission without many bullets i killed Lance with i think with 11 bullets because i was running away from the gang boys so i missed sooo many times but at last i did it so i went down but as soon as i was sprinting to the hallway the money was over and you know MISSION FAILED!! devil.gif nervous.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

I've done it biggrin.gif Like I said earlier I started out with 50k. At the start of the mission I ran straight to the bar in the mansion and stayed hiding there while the Forelli's moved into the mansion. They started taking cash at a rate of about 1k a realtime minute. After they'd stolen about 5 grand, the message "Get back to the safe and defend it" popped up. So I stayed in the bar and waited for the money to be stolen. Intrestingly, in this time the Forelli's got organized. Two were stealing from the safe in the office while two Forelli's guarded the office door. Another two Forelli's would walk around the balcony on the upper staircase. Three Forelli's were patroling the ground floor of the mansion. At this point I shot the three Forelli's and went to see what was happening outside the mansion. One Forelli was guarding Tommy's garage, two were on the mansion steps and two were guarding the enterance. I ran back inside when a load of Forelli's got out of the three limo's. When the money got really low, about 1-2k left the Vercetti Gang appeared and began to fight with the Forelli's. I dont know if this is scripted or random. When the cash finally hit zero, i was hit with "Mission Failed". I've included some pictures, click on them.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Great challenge icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:50 PM Edited by flicko, 06 January 2009 - 04:53 PM.

That's truly awesome mate, and definitely a new discovery on my part, as I've never experienced it myself. Assuming the Forellis stole $1,000 ever minute, the mission took approximately 50 minutes until you failed?

I may give this a go myself, just to see if what you have said about the Vercetti gang giving you a hand when you're running low on money is scripted or not. Thanks for participating, it's always nice to have new contributors. Your method will be added to the first post. icon14.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

I started around 20 past 3 and with pause breaks and the 360 controller going off after 10 minutes of inactivty I finished about half 4. It proberly took longer than it should have done if I picked up cash from dead Forelli's.

Two quick things I have noticed after failing the mission and going back around VC.

*The Vercetti Gang for some reason have TEC 9 guns now

*I got all of my money back when I failed the mission

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jan 6 2009, 16:57)
*The Vercetti Gang for some reason have TEC 9 guns now

*I got all of my money back when I failed the mission

Do you know if that is a permanent thing, regarding the Vercetti gang, or do they all revert back to their usual Uzis after you re-load the game?

It's quite nice to know that you get all of the money back. It would indeed be stressful had that not have been the case. I'll add these two discoveries in as well.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

I just saved and reloaded and they still spawn with TEC 9's. They didn't have them before Keep your friends close either, as when they spawned in the mansion they were shooting with Colt .45's which is weird.

Here's a picture

user posted image

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:43 PM Edited by Spuds725, 06 January 2009 - 11:49 PM.

Why does the picture with the "keep your friends close" mission failed show you with cash?? It has been a while, is there a seperate "safe" money amount that decreases???

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Jan 5 2009, 15:28)
Good work on the Four Iron challenge, flicko. I knew that was going to be harder than it sounded. I've toppled the Caddy into the water (and to Tommy's death) more than once trying that.

One way you can do this, start the mission-- go up by the driving range and move the caddy's so they are all near the water... now using a caddy, push each of the others into the water... Park the last one on the slope facing the water (close as you can). Now exit and go up and hit one of the bad guys or fire a shot.... and just watch... the guy you are supposed to kill will get in the caddy and will drive right into the water and die-- I don't think the AI has the ability to back up.....

A long time ago, Demarest tried to get a contest going for VC-- to complete the game with as few people killed as possible-- not alot of interest-- they had a similar one for SA about the same time that was more popular-- wish I had time to do stuff like that-- Demarest even created a mod for his PC version of SA that made his screen flash anytime he was credited with a kill

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

That would be me getting my money back. As soon as the counter hits 0 and I fail the mission I assume the counter started rolling back up to the 50 grand I started out with. There wasen't any safe amount of money, just the money I had when I started the mission.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:19 AM Edited by flicko, 07 January 2009 - 02:47 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Jan 6 2009, 23:43)
One way you can do this, start the mission-- go up by the driving range and move the caddy's so they are all near the water... now using a caddy, push each of the others into the water... Park the last one on the slope facing the water (close as you can). Now exit and go up and hit one of the bad guys or fire a shot....  and just watch... the guy you are supposed to kill will get in the caddy and will drive right into the water and die-- I don't think the AI has the ability to back up.....

Heh, I never thought of something so simple. I'll be sure to add your method into the first post as well. smile.gif

A long time ago, Demarest tried to get a contest going for VC-- to complete the game with as few people killed as possible-- not alot of interest-- they had a similar one for SA about the same time that was more popular-- wish I had time to do stuff like that-- Demarest even created a mod for his PC version of SA that made his screen flash anytime he was credited with a kill

Is that a 100% completed game? Or just the storyline completed game? I think if it were the latter, it would get a better response, as some people won't have the time to complete the game 100%, when compared to completing the storyline alone. I like the idea though, and I'd like to add it into the mix. I'll definitely be giving it a go sometime soon.

Right, so I've got a few more challenges to add, and they are-

-Can you get on top of the Malibu Club, without using a helicopter/plane/vehicle, only yourself?
-How many stores can you rob within 20 minutes of starting a new game (without looking on the Internet/cheat guide to tell you where they are)?
-How many Unique jumps can you complete within one hour of starting a new game (without looking on the internet/cheat guide to tell you where they are)?
-How many rampages can you complete within one hour of starting a new game (without looking on the internet/cheat guide to tell you where they are)?
-Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, killing the least amount of people possible? (list how many you kill, and who they are if necessary)

I'll be attempting some of these later, really looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

Edit, I've updated the table with all methods and challenges, and I've also modified the last row. Instead of it reading Is it possible?, it has now been changed to Other information, giving me the opportunity to add any other information, as well as credit the members who have attempted/completed each challenge.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

I don't recall the details of his contest-- you could do it for whatever you want-- even say up to a certain story mission-- say like shakedown or something (since the story missions get non linear after that one).

There was quite a discussion going on as to methods in particular missions on how to not get credited with kills (in the SA contest- the one for VC never got traction)

http://www.gtaforums...&hl=least kills

looks like it is still going on somewhat...

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:17 AM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 08 January 2009 - 11:19 AM.

QUOTE (Tyla @ Jan 6 2009, 10:42)
user posted image

Whoa, timeout - how does it figure they took all your money when you have better than 40 grand up there on that screenshot? whatsthat.gif

Spuds, I think I've done that before, pushing the other carts into the water before going up there. This was after failing and dying via going into the water myself chasing him around in the Caddy the first time around. However, IIRC, I think I shot everyone rather than just running the guy over. This was a few years ago, and I can't quite recollect how I did it....means I should try it again colgate.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:47 PM Edited by flicko, 08 January 2009 - 02:53 PM.

I've just had a quick glance at it, didn't read through anything. How I wish the VC forum was more active. sad.gif

And the VC topic for minimum kills is actually in Demarest's sig, so I've had a look at that as well. Looking at that I've decided to only complete the storyline of VC, not 100%, as you said in the topic, it would probably increase more activity. That topic was created nearly two years ago, so I think it would be pushing barbaric if I were to implement playing through to a 100% completed game. I may try this challenge later on today, might not have the time though. I do hope others give this a go though...

Thanks for the info.

Yesterday I attempted two challenges. the first one is this-

How many stores can you rob within 20 minutes of starting a new game (Without using the Internet/cheat guides for the locations)?

I must say, it was one of the most enjoyable things I've done on VC to date! So entertaining yet pressurising at the same time. Before I started the challenge, I quickly ran through what my method would be, and where the stores are. With that in mind, I started a new game...

I knew that I needed a gun of sorts for this method, so as soon as I began, I hopped into the provided Admiral, and headed straight to the Docks. When I got to the docks, I picked up the Colt.45 ammo, and then jumped on the PCJ-600. I thought at the time this was the best thing to do, as the PCJ is very fast, nimble, and is necessary for getting over to the West Island when it seems blocked off. From then on I set out to my first shop, and I actually mistook the Ammu-nation in Ocean Beach for a Tooled up/Screw this department store. blush.gif Having already wasted precious time getting off the bike and aiming my gun at the store owner, I then got back on my Bike and headed to my next location.

My next location was the Bunch of Tools store in Washington Beach, beside the Construction site. I knocked the store off, completely forgot about the wanted level and simply left the store. My stupidity earned me a two-star wanted level as I headed to my next location, which was going to be the jewellers in Vice Point. Before turning left after the Pizza parlour, I picked up the police bribe on the grass verge across from it, and reduced my wanted level to just the one star, and then I knocked the Jewellers off. Again the pressure kicked in, and because I was in a hurry, I immediately left the store after knocking it off, without killing the store clerk. And thus regaining my two-star wanted level. With the police hot on my tail, I quickly thought of my next location, which was going to be the Grocery store not too far away from the Mall.

When I got to the store I knocked the clerk off, and didn't feel the need to shoot him, as I'd already got the police after me. So I left the store and waiting for me was two police cars, parked in a sandwich, with my PCJ smack in the middle. At the risk of getting Busted I decided not to hop on my bike, so I looked for another vehicle. Luckily a Banshee was driving by the police cars, so I hijacked that and headed to my next location, which was the Pharmacy just down the road from El Swanko Casa. When I got there I knocked the store clerk off, again without killing him, left the store and the police had yet again sandwiched my vehicle. Lady luck seemed to be on my side though, as a Cheetah was parked beside the Police cars waiting to get past. I stole the Cheetah, very nearly got Busted and headed to the mall.

Just before I went inside the mall, I picked up another police bribe, the one just near the entrance, and gap in the wall leading to Prawn Island. With a little relief I stopped my Cheetah outside the mall (making sure I left the door open so it would be there when I returned), and went inside. The first place I came to was Gash, I went inside and there was no store clerk on the bottom floor or the Top floor. I then ran out of Gash and back in multiple times, still to no avail. Without wasting anymore time I went to the next shop, which was the Tooled Up store, I knocked the store off and yet again forgot to kill him! Back to two stars. With two-stars in the mall, the police often hit you with a few of there shots, so I knew I had to be agile as I headed to the next store. Like the clumsy fool I am, I checked the Tarbrush Cafe to see if there was a store clerk behind the till. Then I realised that there can't be, becuase of what happens in the mission Cop Land. If there were then it would prevent a lot of people from reaching 100%.

So I quickly ran to the other side of the mall, and the first store I came to was the Jewellers. I knocked the store off, and again didn't kill the clerk, and left the store. Facing a barrage of shots from the police, I thought of any more stores in the mall that needed to be knocked off. Vinyl Countdown sprung to mind, so I went up the escalators to the store and knocked that off. And then I went back to Gash, and thankfully the store clerk was there, so I knocked that off. I then exited the mall, where my Cheetah was waiting. But before I progressed any further, I had a quick glance at the timer, and to my surprise, I had actually knocked off eight stores in seven minutes, thirty three seconds. Which meant I was actually on course to get all fifteen stores in less than fifteen minutes.

But I had only done the easy part. The next set of stores I had in mind were all on the West Island, which was obviously blocked off. I realised that my current choice of vehicle, the Cheetah, wouldn't get me onto the West Island, so I went to get a PCJ-600. The closest one near me was the one you use to complete the side mission, PCJ Playground, so I headed there. Bearing in mind I still had a two-star wanted level, and forgot to pick up the police bribe just outside the Pizza parlour, I not only had to be quick on the bike, but extremely careful, as it's much easier for the police to bust me when I'm on a bike. When I got to the location the Bike wasn't there, forcing me to drive around the block and waste more precious time. Fortunately it was there after a lap around the block, and I hopped on it.

The method I decided to use to get to the West Island was Spuds' Drive through barrier technique, as it's the quickest, and something I found easy. However, because I was against the clock, and had a barrage of cop cars chasing me down, the pressure got to me. I failed at driving through the barrier not once, not twice, but four times in a row! When I'd usually succeed at the first attempt. And that's when this challenge took a huge downside. Just when I lined my bike up for a fifth attempt (!), A cop snuck behind me, elbowed me off my bike and busted me! By the time I re-spawned at the VCPD HQ, eleven minutes and thirty one seconds had passed, and I now had only eight minutes and twenty nine seconds remaining. Not only was I against the clock, but I was also down on confidence, having failed the Drive through barrier technique four times in a row. I picked up the PCJ-600 from the PCJ Playground location and went back to the barriers in Ocean Beach. My lack of confidence showed as I failed to drive through the barrier a further two times, before finally succeeding on the seventh attempt.

When I was on the bridge on the way to the West Island I realised I now had no weapons, so my main priority at that point was to retrieve one. Then I quickly realised that the next store I had in mind, the convenient store in Little Havana was situated right beside a VCPD HQ. And once you enter a police vehicle you become equipped with a few rounds of the Shotgun. So I got to the VCPD HQ, and nervously tried to open the police vehicle doors. Often they're locked, but luckily one of the cars was unlocked, so I got some ammunition. Then I went to the convenient store and knocked it off, again forgetting to kill the clerk. So now I've got my two-stars back (again!), and the next store I was heading to was the Ryton aide pharmacy in Little Haiti. As soon as I got in the store, I noticed the store clerk wasn't there. So I exited the store, got on my bike and took it to Pay 'N' Spray, to get rid of the police, and give the store clerk a chance to spawn behind the counter. When I returned to Ryton Aide the clerk was still missing, so I decided to move on and not waste anymore time.

The next store what came to mind was the Laundromat, situated in Little Havana. I went there on the PCJ-600 and successfully knocked the store off, this time killing the clerk in the process. That now meant that I had four rounds of shots left on my current ammunition. I then decided to head back to Ryton Aide, and this time the clerk was there, so I knocked him off and shot him in the process. For a while after that I was stood outside Ryton Aide, thinking where on Earth the other stores were, before I realised there was two stores very close to each other situated in Downtown; The Pharmacy and Jewellers, both beside a pizza parlour. By this time I only had three minutes fifteen seconds remaining, so I hopped on my bike and headed to the Pharmacy, pronto. When I got to the Pharmacy, again the store clerk wasn't there, and I had the misfortune of walking into the tablet, which meant I was now moving ever so slowly. I then went to the Jewellers, at snails pace, and knocked the store off. Once again I forgot to kill the clerk, and regained my two-star wanted level. By the time I exited the jewellers, the tablet had wore off, and the store clerk was at the Pharmacy. I knocked the Pharmacy off, and thought that would be me done.

And then I remembered that I'd missed two stores in Little Havana; Cafe Robina and Screw this, so I got on my PCJ and sped down to Little Havana, whilst being closely monitored by the police. I got to the Cafe Robina and knocked it off with forty seconds remaining. At this point I didn't think I'd manage to get to Screw This in time, but I gave it a go. I actually managed to knock the store off with twenty three seconds remaining. I knew I wasn't going to get the last store, and I couldn't even think of where it was, so that was me done.

I'd done it! I'd knocked off all fifteen stores in twenty minutes! Well that's what I thought. When I checked my stats it turned out I'd only knocked fourteen off. Gutted. So in total I knocked off 14/15 stores in twenty minutes, which is something I am very pleased with. Had I memorised the store locations properly, and not made multiple unforced errors, I'm pretty certain I'd be able to get all fifteen stores knocked off in less than fifteen minutes.

I did discover that each store kncoked off gave me 18 CR points, as my total CR rating was 252.

The next challenge I gave a go was this-

Can you complete Vice street racer, Race 5: VC Endurance using a Voodoo?

I did this challenge just to fill the missing gaps in the table, as I'm aware that the two more difficult challenges using the Voodoo have been completed. To be honest my racing skills on the VC Endurance are no short of abysmal, since I don't particlarly like the race. However I did win the race, in a time of 5:13, which isn't too good, but at least I won!

Mainland Marauder, I believe Tyla said that was his money rising up immediately after he failed the mission. But looking at it, it must have rose up straight away, and at a rapid pace to be at +$40,000 whilst the Mission Failed icon is showing. I will give the challenge a go, but I'm so addicted to the other challenges at the moment I can't fit it in! And you better get playing VC again, will be nice to see you attempting to complete some of these challenges! biggrin.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Ok please dont mind flicko but im just saying that the other guy who told that he did the vc endurance race 5 with a voodoo and flat tires in a time of a 14 minutes something and i was like OHH MY GOD!! because i had written the post earlier and i had a time of 6 minutes and 21 secs but still you posted that guys post. Anybody will be like he wasted double my time to do the race!!
when i read the first post i was like i did it in a time which is lesser than him and your like you posted his time angry.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:47 PM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 12 January 2009 - 06:11 AM.

QUOTE (flicko @ Jan 8 2009, 08:47)
Mainland Marauder...you better get playing VC again, will be nice to see you attempting to complete some of these challenges! biggrin.gif

I'm on it. Starting from the beginning, trying to take only the weapons from missions.

The first mission where you actually have to kill anyone, "Back Alley Brawl," I ran over Leo with a Faggio immediately. Showed Tommy plowing into him just as the cutscene started. Don't think I've ever done that before colgate.gif Anyway, it goes right to Lance who hands you a pistol. I didn't bother shooting the other guys, knowing that in this challenge I will need this heat later. I didn't actually buy anything at Ammu-Nation.

I can see how this is going to be difficult if I don't even buy any body armor or pick any up scattered about. I'll see how far I can get.

I will probably split this save off and do the challenge where I can buy stuff at Ammu-Nation like I'd suggested earlier. I'd extend this to the hardware stores and Phil's when it becomes available. The idea is to only get weapons you can buy as opposed to just finding wherever.

Interesting on Tyla's KYFC experience. I've never let my money run out, since by that time I tend to have more than I know what to do with.

EDIT: In "Riot" this is what I did, using a hammer and a 9mm: first I smacked four guys with a hammer, then ran inside, shot the guard, then the barrel to blow up the two trucks on the right. I had to fend off the four guys who I hit earlier, again with the hammer. Instead of blowing up the remaining truck inside the gates, I stole it, drove it over to the water, sped up and bailed out as it rolled off. Mission Passed. Still have about two clips of 9mm ammo.

Starting Cortez's mission strand. You get a chainsaw for "Treacherous Swine." I did it no differently than I normally would, first slashing up Gonzalez's flunkies on the roof of the penthouse before doing the same to Gonzalez outside. Stole an Cheetah and hightailed it to the Pay-N-Spray. Child's play. But then the next one, "Mall Shootout," I get wasted as I go right for the French guy you're supposed to chase. Let's try it again.

EDIT x2: OK, what you need to do is get immediately down the escalator and carve up the guy blocking your way. You can also bail off by jumping down at the cost of some help. I did incidentally pick up the fallen French guy's 9mm, but I already had one. Have about three clips left, which came in handy.

I got on the PCJ and chased down the courier, waited until he got knocked off course, then got off and pumped about five or six rounds into him as he tried to get going again. Two stars. I picked up the case and went back to Cortez. Passed. colgate.gif

EDIT x3: "Guardian Angels." You get a Kruger for this. I also picked up a Uzi from the Haitian that goes down on the bike, then used that to take out the one on the Sanchez. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I split off the save from there, so I might go back and try to pass this without using a gun you can fire from a bike.

EDIT x4: Went back and did "Guardian Angels" again without picking up the Uzi. You don't need that to make the mission go on, so I'm going on without it. Anyway, taking out the other guy was easy, as he went around the building and wrecked his bike. Pumped some pistol rounds into him.

On to "The Chase" and "Phnom Penh '86." The former was easy, just following, then I used the Kruger to take out everyone in the latter, almost like a sniper rifle, hitting everyone from just outside the doorway and conserving ammo. Didn't use the M60 after I landed, since I want to save the ammo for that. Nothing too hard. The key to this challenge is making every shot count.

All I can say is that "The Fastest Boat" is going to be interesting. Gonna have to keep my distance. Just got wasted my first try. If at first you don't succeed...

EDIT x5: ...better yet, what I did was steal a Rumpo from one of the warehouse lots near the docks and go in running over as many people as I could. Ain't nothing in the challenge says I can't commit copious amounts of vehicular homicide! devil.gif Anyway, I managed to flip it inside the boat house, so I had to use about half my M60 ammo (remember I said I'd need that?) to take out the rest of the guys. I was near death actually when I got on the boat, and I had three stars, but made it to Diaz's mansion with no trouble.

EDIT x6: I did "Four Iron" and while I did not use just the Caddy, I only use weapons. The guy fled the course, so I went after him in the Comet parked outside, caught up with him near Washington Mall and did the ol' PIT maneuver to stop him, got out, pulled him out of the car after which he took off on foot. Chased him down and carved him up with the chainsaw. Didn't grab a golf club. Wanna keep the chainsaw. I split off into another save so I can try other "Four Iron"-related challenges later.

Then I did "Sir, Yes Sir!" and although there is no real ground to break here, I did go buy the Hyman Condos for the garage so I could steal a Rhino for keeps. Also, you get a free armor pickup from entering the Rhino, so I have my first body armor of the playthrough this far. I'm thinking the Rhino will come in handy later, possibly in "Messing With The Man" since methinks my ordinary method of passing that - using a flamethrower - won't be doable within the bounds of the challenge. And I think that's all the Vice City I'll do for today...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users