Photo

Can you do it...?

290 replies to this topic
hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Those are very challenging ones darkarn i think flicko should add them right away!!
maybe i will have a go at them soon icon14.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (darkarn @ Apr 26 2009, 11:35)
I got some new challenges too...

"Complete all USJs without using motorbikes and fast cars... Or rather, how many USJs can be done without using motorbikes and fast cars?"

"Also, how many USJs can be done using only a Tank/Rhino?"

"Also, how many USJs can be done using only a Coach?"

The fire engine is quite good for USJs. It can do most of the ones where you jump over the water around the Washington Beach police station and it can do the one with the long run-up from the Malibu Club towards the police station. But it's difficult to get the fire engine up onto the girders on the construction site biggrin.gif

"Complete the Storyline missions without buying anything (eg. weapons)."

I haven't bought any weapons for ages

"Complete the Storyline missions using only hidden package weapons and any other weapon you are forced to pick up."

Tricky, because the submachine guns aren't part of the hidden package weapons and you can only shoot from vehicles with submachine guns

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the contribution darkarn, it's very much appreciated. I've added all of your Unique Stunt Jump oriented challenges. I have a question about this one though-

CODE
Complete all USJs without using motorbikes and fast cars... Or rather, how many USJs can be done without using motorbikes and fast cars?

I've made a note of all vehicles not allowed for the purposes of the challenge (Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Phoenix, Hotring Racer, Cheetah, Stinger & Deluxo), are there any more vehicles that are classed as prohibited? The Police car, FBI Rancher, Sentinel XS & Voodoo in particular stand out to me. All are pretty nifty, and I'd advise not allowing the VCPD vehicles. The other vehicles are pretty fast, but I'm not sure whether you would deem them fast enough to be eligible or ineligible for the purposes of the challenge, and since it's your challenge, you get to call the shots.

Also, this challenge may be too difficult-

CODE
Also, how many USJs can be done using only a Coach?

The Coach is utter dire in terms of speed, and I just don't think it will be fast enough or small enough to complete any jump. Maybe the Firetruck (Pointed by by Steve) or something like the Barracks OL would suffice? Both are fast when they get going, and both are relatively large vehicles. If you want to stick with the Coach then by all means, do so, it will definitely provide a challenge. I'm just weary about just how challenging it will be, and how possible it will be to complete even one jump.

These two challenges are more or less already in the table-

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions without buying anything (eg. weapons).

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions using only hidden package weapons and any other weapon you are forced to pick up.

Here-

Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick up from your safehouse/hideout (only once), pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you only get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen

Adding the two challenges you proposed isn't necessary since both are similar to one of the already listed storyline challenges.

I also have a question about these challenges-

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained through missions. No R3 missions must be done.

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained through missions. R3 missions are allowed.

To be honest, I don't think neither of those challenges will be difficult at all. I always complete the storyline of Vice City without completing any other mission, it isn't really that much of a challenge due to the amount of weapons you receive, and just how much money you can earn in a quick period from places like Sunshine Autos. For the moment I haven't added them in because I don't feel they have a difficulty factor.

I'm not sure how this challenge would work-

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions using only one "main" heavy weapon and any other weapon you are forced to use ie. you cannot use other heavy weapons other than what you have chosen at the start of the game. For example, if I decided to use the minigun, I cannot use the RPG for just one mission later on.

... since you are forced to change weaponry to the M60 during the mission Phnom Penh '86, meaning it will replace whatever Heavy artillery weapon you had chosen and defeat the purpose. I'm not sure if you'd be willing to work around this and come up with a compromise, but for now I haven't included the challenge. Let me know what you think mate.

Do these look challenging enough?

As a whole, yes, and I look forward to giving them a go. biggrin.gif

darkarn
  • darkarn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:56 PM Edited by flicko, 28 April 2009 - 07:19 AM.

@everyone: Thanks for the replies! I try to think up of more if I can...

@flicko: Thanks for asking for my challenges, let me clarify some of them...

CODE

Complete all USJs without using motorbikes and fast cars... Or rather, how many USJs can be done without using motorbikes and fast cars?

I've made a note of all vehicles not allowed for the purposes of the challenge (Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Phoenix, Hotring Racer, Cheetah, Stinger & Deluxo), are there any more vehicles that are classed as prohibited? The Police car, FBI Rancher, Sentinel XS & Voodoo in particular stand out to me. All are pretty nifty, and I'd advise not allowing the VCPD vehicles. The other vehicles are pretty fast, but I'm not sure whether you would deem them fast enough to be eligible or ineligible for the purposes of the challenge, and since it's your challenge, you get to call the shots.

If that is the case, I think banning all cars and motorbikes will be better. I am expecting vehicles like the BF Injection, Ambulance or even the Bus for the matter.

Also, this challenge may be too difficult-
CODE
Also, how many USJs can be done using only a Coach?

The Coach is utter dire in terms of speed, and I just don't think it will be fast enough or small enough to complete any jump. Maybe the Firetruck (Pointed by by Steve) or something like the Barracks OL would suffice? Both are fast when they get going, and both are relatively large vehicles. If you want to stick with the Coach then by all means, do so, it will definitely provide a challenge. I'm just weary about just how challenging it will be, and how possible it will be to complete even one jump.

blush.gif I thought that it was possible... Thanks for pointing it out!

I also have a question about these challenges.
CODE
Complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained through missions. No R3 missions must be done.

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained through missions. R3 missions are allowed.

To be honest, I don't think neither of those challenges will be difficult at all. I always complete the storyline of Vice City without completing any other mission, it isn't really that much of a challenge due to the amount of weapons you receive, and just how much money you can earn in a quick period from places like Sunshine Autos. For the moment I haven't added them in because I don't feel they have a difficulty factor.

Let me clarify these challenges to make them a little more challenging and somewhat more plausible, into this:
CODE
Is it possible to complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained as a reward for completing missions (be it Storyline missions, side missions or asset missions)? This means that you cannot have other sources of income eg. the daily revenue from your assets or the money you get by robbing a store. For this challenge, no R3 missions are allowed eg Vigilante.

EXCEPTIONS

• Cherry Poppers Asset: You can distribute only up to 50 cones of ice-cream in your entire gameplay
  • Sunny Auto Showroom: You may complete only the first list of import/export vehicles if you need/want to, but no races must be done
  • Boatyard: You can only do "Checkpoint Charlie" once
  • Killing during missions: You can take (and use) the money dropped by people you kill if required by the mission eg. Diaz's men in "Death Row"
  • Hidden Packages: If you decide to use them to obtain weapons, you may do so... BUT at the end of the gameplay, you must deduct the reward money obtained from the hidden packages from your current amount of money. If you have negative amount of money, I'm sorry but that means you are disqualified from the challenge. You are only allowed to collect up to a total of ninety hidden packages =(
  • USJs during missions: Any reward money earned from USJs required to finish the mission are considered reward money for the mission too.
  • Rampages are not allowed to be completed as a means of earning cash

Please comment on the new changes...

CODE

True, the second one is too similar... As for this challenge, let me clarify. When I say anything, it means anything you pay money for! This means no shopping at Ammu-nation/tool shop (this is what I meant in my last post), no buying of health at hospitals/food shops when you need it, no buying of Safehouses or even using Pay-and-Sprays/8-Ball Bomb Shop! The only exception I will make is the buying of Assets, since you need to do so to complete the Storyline.

CODE
Complete the Storyline missions using only one "main" heavy weapon and any other weapon you are forced to use ie. you cannot use other heavy weapons other than what you have chosen at the start of the game. For example, if I decided to use the minigun, I cannot use the RPG for just one mission later on.

... since you are forced to change weaponry to the M60 during the mission Phnom Penh '86, meaning it will replace whatever Heavy artillery weapon you had chosen and defeat the purpose. I'm not sure if you'd be willing to work around this and come up with a compromise, but for now I haven't included the challenge. Let me know what you think mate.

blush.gif Sorry, I forgot about that part... Here's my clarification: If you have decided to use the M60 from the start, then good for you, since that will be the first 100 rounds of M60 you can get. If not, you can only use the 100 rounds in the M60 to finish the mission and also, use up every M60 round during the mission. Same goes for the gun runner mission given by Phil Cassidy. Furthermore, if your "main" heavy weapon is the M60, you are allowed to use another "main" heavy weapon to aid you until the "Phnom Penh '86" mission, since the M60 is the only heavy weapon not given as a hidden package reward... wink.gif

Do these look challenging enough?

As a whole, yes, and I look forward to giving them a go.

Well then, thank you! colgate.gif I hope those changes will help...

PS: It will be great if you can separate the table of challenges into 3; one for completed ones, another for "impossible" ones and another for "open" ones. That will be easier to see...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

Sounds interesting buddy!

CODE

If that is the case, I think banning all cars and motorbikes will be better. I am expecting vehicles like the BF Injection, Ambulance or even the Bus for the matter.

You've lost me there. Do you mean all vehicles that I have listed are prohibited for the purposes of this challenge? Surely you can't mean that all vehicles and motorbikes are not allowed, that would simply be impossible! tounge.gif

CODE

CODE

Let me clarify these challenges to make them a little more challenging and somewhat more plausible, into this:
CODE
Is it possible to complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained as a reward for completing missions (be it Storyline missions, side missions or asset missions)? This means that you cannot have other sources of income eg. the daily revenue from your assets or the money you get by robbing a store. For this challenge, no R3 missions are allowed eg Vigilante.

EXCEPTIONS

• Cherry Poppers Asset: You can distribute only up to 50 cones of ice-cream in your entire gameplay
  • Sunny Auto Showroom: You may complete all 4 lists if you need/wamt to, but no races must be done
  • Shipyard: You can only do "Checkpoint Charlie" once
  • Killing during missions: You can take (and use) the money dropped by people you kill if required by the mission eg. Diaz's men in "Death Row"
  • Hidden Packages: If you decide to use them to obtain weapons, you may do so... BUT at the end of the gameplay, you must deduct the reward money obtained from the hidden packages from your current amount of money. If you have negative amount of money, I'm sorry but that means you are disqualified from the challenge =(
  • USJs during missions: Any reward money earned from USJs required to finish the mission are considered reward money for the mission too.

I like the exceptions. They will make the challenge more difficult, especially when you are in a bid to earn some cash for the game ending missions. About the Sunshine Autos piece- Personally I think allowing the challenger to complete all four lists is a little too much. You can earn a lot of money from Sunshine Autos, completing all four lists will give you this (This is excluding the daily revenue you can receive)-

-$500 for every car delivered to the garage, totalling $12,000
-$20,000 for every import/export list successfully completed, totalling $80,000

Add both of those together and you've got a grand total of $92,000. That's enough to by the Boatyard ($10,000), Cherry Popper Ice-cream factory($20,000) & Pole Position Strip club($30,000), which will also leave you with $32,000 left over. Add that to the amount of money you could potentially have, and you won't need much more to purchase both the Film studio($60,000) and the required Printworks ($70,000).

I think a better ruling would be to either limit the amount of import/export lists allowed to be completed to be just the one, or instill a time limit for this challenge. Collecting a total of sixteen vehicles, some of which have not got fixed locations and are particularly rare, would be nigh on impossible if you set a time limit for the challenge. Going about setting a time limit which would be challenging enough as well as attainable could be tricky though. I'd personally be thinking around the four hour mark myself, but it can be a little risky if you haven't tried this out for yourself, which may make the limited lists allowed to complete a better ruling of the two.

Another option would be to subtract all earnings from completing import/export lists from your money tally at the end of the challenge, like your ruling for the hidden packages. That could have it's backfires also, and would mean that you may have to earn more money than you need just to stay out of debt.

I like the ruling for the Hidden packages and Unique Stunt Jumps, because although it can be risky, I don't particularly think that challengers are going to collect all 100 packages to earn that illustrious $100,000 (as well as $100 for each package, totalling $10,000), only for it to be taken off at the end of the challenge. That's also where the time limit option could be taken into account. If it were me though, I wouldn't allow challengers to collect packages at all. This is just my opinion though, it's your challenge so you get to have the final say.

What's your stance on the completion of rampages? They can give you quite a lot of money in their own right...

CODE

True, the second one is too similar... As for this challenge, let me clarify. When I say anything, it means anything you pay money for! This means no shopping at Ammu-nation/tool shop (this is what I meant in my last post), no buying of health at hospitals/food shops when you need it, no buying of Safehouses or even using Pay-and-Sprays/8-Ball Bomb Shop! The only exception I will make is the buying of Assets, since you need to do so to complete the Storyline.

Alright, I'll go ahead and add that challenge into the table, complete with it's exceptions of course. Thanks for the clarification.

CODE

blush.gif Sorry, I forgot about that part... Here's my clarification: If you have decided to use the M60 from the start, then good for you, since that will be the first 100 rounds of M60 you can get. If not, you can only use the 100 rounds in the M60 to finish the mission and also, use up every M60 round during the mission. Same goes for the gun runner mission given by Phil Cassidy. Furthermore, if your "main" heavy weapon is the M60, you are allowed to use another "main" heavy weapon to aid you until the "Phnom Penh '86" mission, since the M60 is the only heavy weapon not given as a hidden package reward... wink.gif

So, you have to eliminate all of your rounds of the M60 during or after the mission, with each bullet having no effect on the challenge? Sounds good to me. Just to clarify, are you allowed to retrieve the M60, Rocket Launcher & Flamethrower at the beginning of the game? Also, any of Phil Cassidy's missions do not count towards the storyline. Effectively, these are the only missions required to complete the entire storyline.

PS: It will be great if you can separate the table of challenges into 3; one for completed ones, another for "impossible" ones and another for "open" ones. That will be easier to see...

Good idea, as you command. biggrin.gif

darkarn
  • darkarn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Sounds interesting buddy!

CODE

You've lost me there. Do you mean all vehicles that I have listed are prohibited for the purposes of this challenge? Surely you can't mean that all vehicles and motorbikes are not allowed, that would simply be impossible!

Perhaps it will be better if I list down the vehicles that I allow? whatsthat.gif

CODE

CODE

EXCEPTIONS
Cherry Poppers Asset: You can distribute only up to 50 cones of ice-cream in your entire gameplay
Sunny Auto Showroom: You may complete all 4 lists if you need/wamt to, but no races must be done
Shipyard: You can only do "Checkpoint Charlie" once
Killing during missions: You can take (and use) the money dropped by people you kill if required by the mission eg. Diaz's men in "Death Row"
Hidden Packages: If you decide to use them to obtain weapons, you may do so... BUT at the end of the gameplay, you must deduct the reward money obtained from the hidden packages from your current amount of money. If you have negative amount of money, I'm sorry but that means you are disqualified from the challenge =(
USJs during missions: Any reward money earned from USJs required to finish the mission are considered reward money for the mission too.

I like the exceptions. They will make the challenge more difficult, especially when you are in a bid to earn some cash for the game ending missions. About the Sunshine Autos piece- Personally I think allowing the challenger to complete all four lists is a little too much. You can earn a lot of money from Sunshine Autos, completing all four lists will give you this (This is excluding the daily revenue you can receive)-

-$500 for every car delivered to the garage, totalling $12,000
-$20,000 for every import/export list successfully completed, totalling $80,000

Add both of those together and you've got a grand total of $92,000. That's enough to by the Boatyard ($10,000), Cherry Popper Ice-cream factory($20,000) & Pole Position Strip club($30,000), which will also leave you with $32,000 left over. Add that to the amount of money you could potentially have, and you won't need much more to purchase both the Film studio($60,000) and the required Printworks ($70,000).

I think a better ruling would be to either limit the amount of import/export lists allowed to be completed to be just the one, or instill a time limit for this challenge. Collecting a total of sixteen vehicles, some of which have not got fixed locations and are particularly rare, would be nigh on impossible if you set a time limit for the challenge. Going about setting a time limit which would be challenging enough as well as attainable could be tricky though. I'd personally be thinking around the four hour mark myself, but it can be a little risky if you haven't tried this out for yourself, which may make the limited lists allowed to complete a better ruling of the two.

Another option would be to subtract all earnings from completing import/export lists from your money tally at the end of the challenge, like your ruling for the hidden packages. That could have it's backfires also, and would mean that you may have to earn more money than you need just to stay out of debt.

I like the ruling for the Hidden packages and Unique Stunt Jumps, because although it can be risky, I don't particularly think that challengers are going to collect all 100 packages to earn that illustrious $100,000 (as well as $100 for each package, totalling $10,000), only for it to be taken off at the end of the challenge. That's also where the time limit option could be taken into account. If it were me though, I wouldn't allow challengers to collect packages at all. This is just my opinion though, it's your challenge so you get to have the final say.

What's your stance on the completion of rampages? They can give you quite a lot of money in their own right...

1. As suggested, for Sunshine Autos, the challenger can now only do the first list.
2. The challenger can only collect up to 90 hidden packages, that will unlock all neccessary items. Money will still be deducted.
3. Rampages are not allowed... =(

CODE

Alright, I'll go ahead and add that challenge into the table, complete with it's exceptions of course. Thanks for the clarification.

No problem, but also note that you cannot buy weapons from Phil Cassidy too! tounge2.gif

CODE

Sorry, I forgot about that part... Here's my clarification: If you have decided to use the M60 from the start, then good for you, since that will be the first 100 rounds of M60 you can get. If not, you can only use the 100 rounds in the M60 to finish the mission and also, use up every M60 round during the mission. Same goes for the gun runner mission given by Phil Cassidy. Furthermore, if your "main" heavy weapon is the M60, you are allowed to use another "main" heavy weapon to aid you until the "Phnom Penh '86" mission, since the M60 is the only heavy weapon not given as a hidden package reward...
So, you have to eliminate all of your rounds of the M60 during or after the mission, with each bullet having no effect on the challenge? Sounds good to me. Just to clarify, are you allowed to retrieve the M60, Rocket Launcher & Flamethrower at the beginning of the game? Also, any of Phil Cassidy's missions do not count towards the storyline. Effectively, these are the only missions required to complete the entire storyline.

For the M60 in Phnom Penh 86', the challenger must get rid of it during the mission *somehow* or else he might use it for another mission accidentally, which will disqualify him. nervous.gif And yes, the challenger can attempt to obtain the heavy weapons at the start of the game if he/she wants to. I added in Phil Cassidy's missions for challengers planning to buy more M60 ammo from Phil.

Good idea, as you command.

That's great, thanks!

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (darkarn @ Apr 27 2009, 16:48)
Perhaps it will be better if I list down the vehicles that I allow?  whatsthat.gif

Yeah, that sounds like the way to go. We've already established that these vehicles are prohibited-

-Infernus
-Banshee
-Comet
-Cheetah
-Stinger
-Hotring Racer
-Phoenix
-Deluxo
-Any two-wheeled vehicle, i.e bikes

I know of a couple more vehicles that may or may not warrant going on the list, but I'll await your reply before saying my peace.

1. As suggested, for Sunshine Autos, the challenger can now only do the first list.
2. The challenger can only collect up to 90 hidden packages, that will unlock all neccessary items. Money will still be deducted.
3. Rampages are not allowed... =(

Alright, looks good to me. I'll go ahead and include the challenge right now. You'll also notice that I have edited your post, here, and added all necessary rulings. I've done that because I'm going to be linking to the post when I add the challenge to the table.

No problem, but also note that you cannot buy weapons from Phil Cassidy too!  tounge2.gif

I doubt that will be the case with anybody anyway. Since that would force them to save up & splash out on the rather expensive Malibu Club (In order to complete the mission string to gain access to Phil's missions), as well as earn money for an additional five properties, one of which would have to be the expensive Printworks. So I wouldn't worry about that happening.

For the M60 in Phnom Penh 86', the challenger must get rid of it during the mission *somehow* or else he might use it for another mission accidentally, which will disqualify him.  nervous.gif And yes, the challenger can attempt to obtain the heavy weapons at the start of the game if he/she wants to. I added in Phil Cassidy's missions for challengers planning to buy more M60 ammo from Phil.

Ok, sounds good enough to add to the table. Again I don't think that challengers will resort to buying the Malibu Club, completing it's mission string as well as Phils missions string in order to stock up on more ammo. It would be easier and quicker, albeit riskier, to attain some weaponry from fixed locations (aside from the Minigun of course). icon14.gif

DiscoverProject
  • DiscoverProject

Exploring San Andreas Since 2004

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:11 PM Edited by DiscoverProject, 15 May 2009 - 01:19 PM.

I apologize for my great absence. I was going to try the challenges right away, but things came up and I was on vacation. I even played vice city where I was, but the challenges didn't pop up in my mind. It seems the Trashmaster and Caddy attemps failed and are indeed impossible. I did around 10 attemps on each vehicle trying to jump the stairway.

Once again, I mostly apologize to flicko. I told him that I would do these before anybody else does, which I am a month late.

Another challenge poped up in my head, considering with the Cherry Popper Icecream Factory, doing the mission Disturbuation (how do you spell it?) how many deals can you do without getting busted or wasted or mission failure.

Can you complete the mission, The Driver, with the radar and blips function disabled?

I just did this mission not to long ago. I play without using blips and map. Using the vehicle provided, we were racing and I ramped him into Washington Mall carpark which was meer luck. Found a banshee, hijacked it and completed the mission at 2:15. I bet I could of beaten in less than 2:10 if I didn't hijack the banshee. (Problem.) Takes about 5 seconds to drive in front of them, get out, throw the guy out, drive off. And I hit a couple of light posts (<_<).

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (DiscoverProject @ May 15 2009, 13:11)
I apologize for my great absence. I was going to try the challenges right away, but things came up and I was on vacation. I even played vice city where I was, but the challenges didn't pop up in my mind. It seems the Trashmaster and Caddy attemps failed and are indeed impossible. I did around 10 attemps on each vehicle trying to jump the stairway.

Once again, I mostly apologize to flicko. I told him that I would do these before anybody else does, which I am a month late.

No need to apologise mate. We are all faced with real life situations from time-to-time, we can't always be logged on GTAF. I can only admire you for remembering about this topic and returning to carry out what you stated.

Nice going on The Driver challenge, I'll add that, as well as your attempted challenge and newly proposed challenge into the table right away.

Also, for anybody else who is still interested in taking part with this topic, I've narrowed down a certain challenge a tad. This one-

Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, killing the least amount of people possible? (list how many you kill, and who they are if necessary)?

Has now been narrowed down to this-

Can you complete up to & including the mission Rub Out in Vice city, killing the least amount of people possible? (list how many you kill, and who they are if necessary)?

That means that collecting money for property assets and whatnot is now not required. icon14.gif

Zikomos
  • Zikomos

Wanted

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

Thinking about taking out the PS2 for the summer and loading up Vice City once again. I've been really itching to get back into the game lately and it would be fun to try and complete some of these challenges. I'll let you know once I get my PS2 set back up so I can start doing some of these challenges.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

That's awesome news, mate! I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing a well-established member of the board taking part & completing some of these challenges. icon14.gif

I myself have almost neglected this topic as of late, in terms of how many challenges I have attempted. The fact of the matter is; I simply don't have the time! When I'm on here, I'm usually busy elsewhere around GTAF, and when I'm off here, I'm usually very busy with other activities not involving the PS2. I hope in the future that I'll get more time to take part in this; every challenge I've attempted thus far has been brilliant entertainment.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

i did this challenge How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete using only a Rhino? as well as this challenge How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete, without using any two-wheeled vehicle or fast vehicles (that includes the Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Phoenix, Hotring Racer, Cheetah & Deluxo)? in 1 straight attempt!!
What i did was i went around all the unique stunt jumps and then turned the rhinos turret around fired it and then while gaining speed and height i passed all the jumps.regarding about the g-spotlight jump i turned the turrret fired the rockets and went onto them and did it.
so i conclude to say that i completed all the jumps with a rhino and i also didnt use any fast car or 2 wheeler car

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

For the second challenge, I would actually deem the Rhino as a fast vehicle, as it becomes the fastest land vehicle on the entire game when you rotate the turret around. I'm not sure I believe you though, buddy.

There are some jumps that would make it seem nigh-on impossible for you to complete in a vehicle as large as the Rhino, for example -

-- The set of stairs across from Downtown Ammu-nation - here
-- Both jumps on the piers of Vice City marina - here & here
-- You cannot actually get the Rhino into the building which begins the G-Spotlight run, thus counting out all jumps you complete on that mission
-- The jump in Little Haiti, where you have to jump up and over some crates (The gap is extremely narrow) - here
-- The jump in Little Havana, which would be nigh-on impossible for the Rhino to even get there - here
-- The jumps at Escobar Int. airport that require you to go up some very narrow sets of stairs - here, here, here, here & here
-- The jump which requires you to go up the very narrow billboard at Escobar - here
-- The jump in Starfish Island, which can only be completed in a bike - here
-- The jump on the metal girder on top of Avery's construction site (can't even get a Rhinoup there) - here
-- The small crates in the alleys of Ocean Beach - here & here
-- The two jumps in Ocean Beach, one of which features on PCJ Playground - here & here

Sounds to me like someboy's telling porkies!

Rambo_Augusta
  • Rambo_Augusta

Hilary is my bitch

• Members

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

Can you first obtain the cop uniform, and then retrieve the Hunter in less than three minutes?
it's easy i did it in a banshee

user posted image

user posted image

making a time 2:25
sorry about doing it this way but i hate fraps

Pnux
  • Pnux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:35 PM Edited by Pnux, 12 December 2009 - 04:18 PM.

Can you complete the Storyline missions without buying anything? (That includes re-sprays, Ammu-nation, 8-Balls Bomb shop, Health pick-ups and the likes!)

When you say 'health pick-ups' you mean the just food places? If thats the case, i have done all the missions (main storyline and side missions) without buying anything at all. The most annoying thing was not to be able to use re-sprays, as there are a lot of missions you end up with 3-5 wanted stars (copland, juju scramble, martha's mug shot, no scape?, the job). I also havent done any of the vigilante, paramedic or pizza delivery missions, so i have 100 hp and armor, and limited sprint. Also getting the tank for messing with the man was extremly hard because i also had to save ammo, so i was using just the pistol for 0-4 stars, the stubby/mp5 for 5 stars and the m4 for 6 stars.

If it also includes health/armor you pick up from hospitals and other locations, a little tip on how to finish those missions without re-spraying. For copland and no scape?, pick the police bribe in front of the pizza place and take the sparrow to the south-east of the closest Pay-N-Spray (picking another bribe near it). For martha's mug shot you already have a sparrow, so you'll miss 2 bribes. Once you are in the air, it is really simple, you have a lot of options. Ive always used the one east of the studio (careful in martha's mug shot), the condo one (land on roof and use the stairs), the one in little haiti behind the Pay-N-Spray, another one in little haiti which you have to pick up with the tail of the sparrow/maverick, and the one near sunshine.

To get a tank, stay in the condo in downtown and start shooting like hell at the policemen, once you get 6 stars go up the stairs (to reset the law enforcers that might already been there) and back. Sprint to the street and check if theres a tank around, if not go back up again. When you see a tank make it follow you to the condo and get into an empty garage, the tank(s) will eventually get in and the soldiers will get down. Once they are inside the garage (no need to kill them), run outside, pick the bribe, go upstairs and get into the maverick.

user posted image

iDon
  • iDon

The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:10 AM Edited by iDon, 14 September 2009 - 12:14 AM.

Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations here

Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick up from your safehouse/hideout (only once), pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it

Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you only get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it?

Can you complete all Assasination contracts in Vice City, using only weapons each mission provides you with?

Can you complete all assasination contracts in the quickest time possible?

Can you complete up to & including the mission Rub Out in Vice city Vice city, killing the least amount of people possible? (list how many you kill, and who they are if necessary)?

Can you win the Vice Street racer race 5; VC Endurance with the Sea Skimmer?

Can you successfully complete the mission Checkpoint Charlie with a Sea Skimmer?

Can you survive with a six-star wanted level with only 5HP remaining, out in the open (not allowed in a vehicle) for in excess of 5 minutes (You are not allowed to use weapons for this challenge, just run like hell!)?

Can you complete 15 Unique Jumps on a PCJ-600 with only 5HP remaining, without dying or morphing to the bike?

Can you complete all Unique Jumps on the East Island of Vice City at the very beginning of the game?

Can you complete all 36 Unique Jumps at the very beginning of the game? Open Open Open Open

Can you survive with a six-star wanted level, out in the open (not allowed in a vehicle, remaining on a road at all times) for in excess of 10 minutes, with only 100HP in your life slot (no Armour, you are not allowed to use weapons for this challenge, just run like hell!)? Not quite Attempted method here N/A -attempted by flicko- survived for 4 minutes 38 seconds

Using a Trashmaster, can you jump on top of ammunation in downtown using the stairway with 5 stars obtained from only starting at the cop station in downtown when the light is green without blowing up?

How many passengers can you drop off in a Taxi/Cabbie with a six-star wanted level? O

How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete, without using any two-wheeled vehicle or fast vehicles (that includes the Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Phoenix, Hotring Racer, Cheetah & Deluxo)?

How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete using only a Rhino?

How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete using only a Coach?

Can you complete the Storyline missions using only one "main" weapon class and any other weapon you are forced to use? (you cannot use other weapons from other weapon classes besides what you have chosen at the start of the game. For example, if I decided to use pistols as my "main" weapon class, I cannot use shotguns for just one mission later on. For this challenge, heavy weapons are not allowed to be chosen as your primary weapon class!)?

Can you complete the Storyline missions without buying anything? (That includes re-sprays, Ammu-nation, 8-Balls Bomb shop, Health pick-ups and the likes!)

Is it possible to complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained as a reward for completing missions (be it Storyline missions, side missions or asset missions)? This means that you cannot have other sources of income eg. the daily revenue from your assets or the money you get by robbing a store (no R3 missions are allowed)?

Can you first obtain the cop uniform, and then retrieve the Hunter in less than three minutes?

Can you complete up to & including Vigilante mission level 12 in the Hunter, using only the machine guns, in less than four minutes?

I'm going for these tonight. I will try to get the results down sometime.

Pnux
  • Pnux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

Im going to attempt to finish the storyline missions without buying anything as soon as i figure out how to set the screen video recorder and and what is this thing on my stats thats something like "money spent on fashion". Im too lazy to get all the R3 stuff, so ill do it with 100 hp and 100 armor.

I already successfully finished the storyline and side missions without buying anything but the Condo and health pick ups.

Pnux
  • Pnux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:06 PM Edited by Pnux, 21 December 2009 - 04:51 PM.

Finished it in 2:15 on a PCJ600 and fell once. Ill upload the video when i can get it to be less than 100MBs.. it was recorded at 5fps because higher fps make my pc laggy..

I say you add a 6 stars wanted level, just to make it more interesting. Ill start from 2 stars and increase as i complete it.

UPDATE2: the video is now available here

Pnux
  • Pnux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:32 PM Edited by Pnux, 16 December 2009 - 05:35 PM.

Id like to propose a new challenge. Starting with 200 HPs, how many storyline missions can you complete from the beggining without refilling your health or armor in a straight attempt (ie, without saving)?

You can use any weapons and vehicles you want. You can have all the hidden packages collected, doesnt really matter. It is important to have a list of the missions and keeping track of your HP losses and total, as when i tried it, my armor got refilled before the "Sir, yes sir!" mission.

Here are my results:

CODE
Ken Rosenberg
An Old Friend: 0 HP loss
The Party: 0 HP loss
Back Alley Brawl: 0 HP loss
Jury Fury: 0 HP loss
Riot: 13 HP loss, 187 total

Colonel Juan Cortez
Treacherous Swine: 0 HP loss
Mall Shootout: 13 HP loss, total 174
Guardian Angels: 5 HP loss, total 169 (fell off stair x.x)
Sir, Yes Sir!: 35 hp loss, total 95

Ricardo Diaz
The Chase: 30 HP loss, total 136
Phnom Penh '86: 0 HP loss, total 136
The Fastest Boat: 6 HP loss, total 130
Supply and Demand: 0 HP loss, total 130

Colonel Juan Cortez
Sir, Yes Sir!: 35 hp loss, total 95

Tommy Vercetti
Death Row: 95 HP loss, finally died

Yes, i know i lost 30 HPs on an easy mission where i should have only lost 5 from the fall, and then i lost 0 at a (according to other people) really hard one. If you'd like to know how i did, say so and i might do a very short walkthrough of it.

Pnux
  • Pnux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

How many passengers can you drop off in a Taxi/Cabbie with a six-star wanted level?

Got 2 the first try.. images can be found here: http://s228.photobuc.../Pnoexz/GTA VC/

I didnt take the first screenshot because it wasnt the idea to try this challenge, i was just killing cops and decided to go on a little ride on my cab. I picked the first passenger between Prawn island and Downtown.

I noticed that law enforcers spawn on the RC track on the beach, i wanted to take a screenshot of that, but it was too late when i remembered where the key was XD.

In case you didnt notice, i lost it because i ran out of time.

I tried againg and managed to drop off 3, this time i died by a sneaky rhino that hid behind a barracks ol. Images can be found in the same place as the other ones.

sohan
  • sohan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:20 PM Edited by sohan, 19 December 2010 - 12:23 PM.

hey guys.....why dont we start making this topic more active than now..i have seen that this topi has potencial......come on everyone lets start doing everything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users