» «
Photo

Can you do it...?

290 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:46 PM Edited by flicko, 25 May 2009 - 12:14 AM.

WARNING- POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

Hey there!

So, over the past couple of weeks I put my thinking cap on, trying to figure out what would be a fun activity to spice this sub-section up a little. What I've devised is a challenges topic, where I post in specific things to achieve, and then you say whether or not you can do what the challenge asks, or if it is even possible. I'm going to post up the first set of challenges, and then a table shall be created listing the challenges, and the detailed methods submitted by you, the members.

This isn't a competition, and points will not be offered for people who get the achievement first, this is just a little bit of fun, in which you'll be doing things on Vice city that you have never once thought about doing before.

By all means, I want you to contribute to this as much as you can, and would be really greatful if your were to propose some possible challenges ideas. If the challenge is feasible, then it will be added to the table for members to try and complete. if anybody does have a challenge in mind, or any queries, please, PM it to me, or post your idea/questions in this topic! If you have completed a challenge, you do not have to provide photographic proof, although it would be nice. You can simply list your method, and the post you make will be linked to the table. I will update the table daily (forgive me if I miss a day), the only thing left to do now is begin this thing!

-For anybody who wishes to post in challenges of their own, since you devised the challenge, you have the right to instill any ruling, unless I deem it to be too easy, or obviously too ridiculous

-Even if a challenge has been completed, you can still atempt it multiple times. Every genuine addition will still be added to the table.

So, without further ado, let's get this thing started. Here is the current list of challenges-

Open Challenges

Challenge
Can you complete it?
Method if you can
furthest point/findings
Other information
Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick up from your safehouse/hideout (only once), pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you only get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete all Assasination contracts in Vice City, using only weapons each mission provides you with? Full rules and regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete all assasination contracts in the quickest time possible?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete up to & including the mission Rub Out in Vice city Vice city, killing the least amount of people possible? (list how many you kill, and who they are if necessary)?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you win the Vice Street racer race 5; VC Endurance with the Sea Skimmer?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you successfully complete the mission Checkpoint Charlie with a Sea Skimmer?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you survive with a six-star wanted level with only 5HP remaining, out in the open (not allowed in a vehicle) for in excess of 5 minutes (You are not allowed to use weapons for this challenge, just run like hell!)? Additional tips found hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete 15 Unique Jumps on a PCJ-600 with only 5HP remaining, without dying or morphing to the bike?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete all Unique Jumps on the East Island of Vice City at the very beginning of the game?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete all 36 Unique Jumps at the very beginning of the game?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you survive with a six-star wanted level, out in the open (not allowed in a vehicle, remaining on a road at all times) for in excess of 10 minutes, with only 100HP in your life slot (no Armour, you are not allowed to use weapons for this challenge, just run like hell!)?Not quiteAttempted method hereN/A-attempted by flicko- survived for 4 minutes 38 seconds
Using a Trashmaster, can you jump on top of ammunation in downtown using the stairway with 5 stars obtained from only starting at the cop station in downtown when the light is green without blowing up?OpenOpenOpenOpen
How many passengers can you drop off in a Taxi/Cabbie with a six-star wanted level?OpenOpenOpenOpen
How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete, without using any two-wheeled vehicle or fast vehicles (that includes the Infernus, Banshee, Comet, Phoenix, Hotring Racer, Cheetah & Deluxo)?OpenOpenOpenOpen
How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete using only a Rhino?OpenOpenOpenOpen
How many Unique Stunt Jumps can you complete using only a Coach?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the Storyline missions using only one "main" weapon class and any other weapon you are forced to use? (you cannot use other weapons from other weapon classes besides what you have chosen at the start of the game. For example, if I decided to use pistols as my "main" weapon class, I cannot use shotguns for just one mission later on. For this challenge, heavy weapons are not allowed to be chosen as your primary weapon class!)? Full rules & regulations hereOpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete the Storyline missions without buying anything? (That includes re-sprays, Ammu-nation, 8-Balls Bomb shop, Health pick-ups and the likes!)OpenOpenOpenOpen
Is it possible to complete the Storyline missions with only money obtained as a reward for completing missions (be it Storyline missions, side missions or asset missions)? This means that you cannot have other sources of income eg. the daily revenue from your assets or the money you get by robbing a store (no R3 missions are allowed)? Full rules & regulations here OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you first obtain the cop uniform, and then retrieve the Hunter in less than three minutes?OpenOpenOpenOpen
Can you complete up to & including Vigilante mission level 12 in the Hunter, using only the machine guns, in less than four minutes?OpenOpenOpenOpen

Completed Challenges

Challenge
Can you complete it?
Method if you can
furthest point/findings
Other information
Can you get to the highest point on Starfish Island, by not using a helicopter or plane, without cheating and/or the use of modifications?YesHere is a detailed methodN/A-Completed by flicko
Can you complete the paramedic missions at Ocean beach in one straight attempt?YesMethod shown here• Completed in 1 hour and 3 minutes-completed by Hotwheels83
Can you complete the mission Checkpoint Charlie using a Coastguard?YesMethod described in this postN/A-Completed by flicko
Can you complete the mission Death Row using no standard weapons at all?YesHere is a detailed method• Took about four attempts-completed by flicko
Can you complete the mission Keep your friends close using only a Chainsaw?YesHere is a detailed methodN/A-Completed by Vanzant
Can you complete the mission Keep your friends close using only a Machete/hammer?YesHere is a detailed methodN/A-completed by hotwheels83
Can you complete the mission Keep your friends close using no standard weapons at all?YesHere is a detailed methodN/A-completed by Hotwheels83
Can you complete the mission Four Iron using nothing but a Caddy?Yes-Method described in this post

-Another method described here

-A third method shown here
N/A-Completed by flicko, Spuds725 & Discoverproject
Can you complete the mission Shakedown using nothing but melee weapons?YesMethod described here

Another method described here
• Method one completed using a hammer
•Method two completed using the Baseball bat
-Completed by hotwheels83 & Vercetti27
Can you complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo?YesMethod described hereN/A-Completed by flicko
-Time- 5m 13s
Can you complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo, with flat tyres?YesMethod described in this post

Another method described in this post
N/A-Completed by Hotwheels83 in 6m 21s
-Completed by bman_triads in 14m 30s
Can you complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo with flat tyres, whilst having at least four wanted stars?YesMethod described in this postN/A-Completed by Hotwheels83
-Peak Time- 5m 41s
How many hidden packages can you collect within one hour of starting a new game (Without using the Internet/cheat guides to find the locations)?YesShown here• Challenger found a total of 36 hidden packages-completed by pich jr
How many Rampages can you complete within one hour of starting a new game (Without using the Internet/cheat guides to find the locations)?Yesmethod shown here• Challenger completed a total of 6 rampages-completed by Vercetti27
How many Unique jumps can you complete within one hour of starting a new game (Without using the Internet/cheat guides to find the locations)?YesFirst attempted method here, map of second attempt registered jumps here, How-to video here• First attemp registered 21 jumps
• Second attempt registered 31 jumps
-completed by Urban Legend
How many stores can you knock off within 20 minutes of starting a new game (Without using the Internet/cheat guides to find the locations)?YesMethod described here• Each store gives you 18 CR points-Completed by flicko
-Knocked off 14/15 stores
Can you complete the storyline of Vice City, as well as all assasination contracts using only the weapons each mission provides you with? Full rules and regulations hereYesMethod shown here• Challenger rectified this attempt, here
• Diaz was killed with only fists
-completed by Vercetti27
Can you lose all of your money on the mission Keep your friends close? And what happens if you do?YesHere is a detailed method• You fail the mission when you run out of money
• The Vercetti Gang for some reason have TEC 9 guns now
• You do get all of your money back when you fail the mission
-Completed by Tyla
Can you get on top of the Malibu Club, without using a helicopter/plane/vehicle, only yourself?YesDetailed method with screenshots shown hereN/A-completed by GTArv
Can you complete all taxi fares in one sitting, without the use of Pay 'N' Spray? YesMethod described here• Completed in 43 minutes-completed by Hotwheels83
Can you complete the RC Raider challenge in under six minutes, with the radar and blips function disabled?YesMethod and screenshot hereN/A-completed by GTArv in a time of 5:56
Can you complete the RC Baron race in under two and a half minutes, with the radar and blips function disabled?YesMethod, as well as screenshot here

Another method shown here
N/A-first method completed by GTArv, in a time of 2:23
-second method completed by flicko, in a time of 2:17
Can you complete the mission, The Driver, with the radar and blips function disabled?YesMethod described here

Another method described here
N/A-completed by Shark_Cipriani- Time- 2:11
-completed by DiscoverProject- Time- 2:15
How many "Ice-creams" can you sell with a six-star wanted level?YesChallenge attempted here

Another challenge attempt here
N/A-attempted by Hotwheels88- Sold a total of 26 ice creams
-attempted by flicko- Sold a total of 7 ice creams
Can you successfully kill Carl Pearson, the pizza delivery boy, on the assassination contract mission Road Kill, with the radar and blips fucntion disabled?YesHere is a detailed methodN/A-completed by Shark_Cipriani
Can you (un)intentionally kill Mrs Dawson in the assassination contract mission, Waste The Wife, using only a helicopter as your weapon (Hunter and Sea Sparrow excluded)?YesMethod shown hereN/A-completed by hotwheels83
Can you survive in Fort Baxter Airbase, on foot with only 20HP remaining for in excess of 15 minutes (You are allowed to use weapons for this challenge, you are not allowed to wear the cop uniform nor are you allowed to lay low in one of the watch towers)? Additional tips found hereYesMethod shown here• Challenger survived for 16:37-completed by hotwheels83
How many pedestrians can you kill in one minute, using only a knuckle duster as your weapon?YesMethod shown here

Another method shown here
N/A-completed by flicko- Killed seven pedestrians
-completed by Discoverproject- Killed six pedestrians
Can you complete 10 Unique Jumps on a PCJ-600 with only 5HP remaining, without dying?YesMethod shown hereN/A-completed by hotwheels83
Can you complete the Firefighter missions in one straight attempt, on only the East Island before the gates to the West opens, in under 50 minutes?YesMethod shown here• Completed in 49 minutes 10 seconds-completed by hotwheels83
With a six-star wanted level, can you kill a soldier using only your bare fists?YesMethod shown hereN/A-completed by hotwheels83
From starting a new game, can you get to the West Island, and then get back to the East Island without using any means of off-land transportation (No boats or aircraft)?YesDetailed method shown hereN/A-completed by flicko

Challenges deemed impossible

Challenge
Can you complete it?
Method if you can
furthest point/findings
Other information
Can you get to the top of the lighthouse on a motorbike?NoMethod described in this post• The furthest point you can get to is just beside the window, just past half way up. There is an invisible wall that will prevent you from progressing any further-Impossible
-Completed by flicko
Can you get a Faggio onto the water houses in the middle of the Ocean, without the use of modifications?NoMethod described in this post• The furthest point I got to was about 50M from land-Attempted by flicko
Using a Caddy, can you jump on top of ammunation in downtown using the stairway from only starting at the Fire Department?NoAttempted challenge hereN/A-attempted by Rambo_Augusta, flicko & DiscoverProject
Using a Trashmaster, can you jump on top of ammunation using the stairway from only starting at the cop station in downtown when the light is green?NoAttempted method here• Barely got over the set of stairsAttempted by Rambo_Augusta, flicko & DiscoverProject

Enjoy!

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

OK, so this topic hasn't got off to a good start. So what I'm going to do is explain the method for the above challenge, post a new one in and if nobody contributes I'll let this die down.

Regarding the challenge posted in the first post- Well, first of all, yes it is possible. the way I did it is this-

First of all it's compulsory to identify the highest point in Starfish Island, which is the very top roof on top of Vercetti mansion. It's only small, and sits just above the indoor entrance to the roof. Marked here on the SnapMap.

I then tried to search for a vehicle that would be suitable for this. The Infernus, Cabbie, Taxi and Stingers all failed, and then I came across a Mesa Grande. I thought this vehicle would also be unsuitable, but it turns out it was perfect. To prevent people from wondering why the other vehicles are unsuitable, here's where you have to get the car; You've got to somehow manage to get the vehicle on to the roof of Vercetti mansion, where you'll find the helipad. To do this you drive the Mesa grande into the mansion, drive up the stairs as soon as you enter, and then head for the gap leading to the next set of stairs, which of course take you to the roof. The Infernus, Cabbie, Taxi and Stinger were all too wide to get through the hallways of the mansion, but with a few doughnuts here and there, the Mesa Grande manages to just squeeze through.

After you get through the hallway and get to the stairs leading to the roof, position the vehicle so it will make it up the stairs, and then gas it. The Mesa Grande will adjust itself, and with a few turns, will lead up to the roof. This does take a bit of time but it does work. Once you are on the roof, you'll soon realise that the highest point is directly behind you, leading to the entrance back into the mansion. If you drive forward towards the helipad, and then turn right onto the roof tiles, you should now see, when you position the vehicle to face the highest point, that the tiled roof leads all the way round to where you have to go.

So, carefully and slowly drive the car round to the area you need to get to. When you get to the edge of the building you'll start to find it pretty tricky to get around to the point you need, as the roof is very narrow, steep and misshapen. what you then have to do is try to get the Mesa Grande on top of the entrance way back into the mansion. This is pretty tricky, as you've got be move pretty quick, as well as be very careful not to fall off the building. The slope leading to the top of the entrance is extremely steep, and at the tip is flat, so is very difficult to get up. Providing you go fast enough your front tyres will get up, but your back tyres will struggle a little more. Make sure you keep your foot down, and you should get up to the point you need to be.

From there it becomes pretty simple. All you have to is exit your vehicle, mount the vehicle and jump onto the roof. When you get to the top you'll then be standing on the highest point in Starfish Island, and you would have done it without the use of helicopters.planes/cheats/modifications. smile.gif

The next challenge is this-

Challenge
Can you complete it?
Method if you can
furthest point/findings if you can't
Is it even possible?
Can you get to the highest point on Starfish Island, by not using a helicopter or plane, without cheating and/or the use of modifications?YesHere is a detailed methodN/AYes
Can you complete the paramedic missions at Ocean beach in one straight attempt?N/AN/AN/AN/A

A slightly easier one this time, thanks to cacarla for the addition. icon14.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

I haven't tried it, but isn't it easier to get onto that roof with a motorbike?

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Granted, the bike is far easier maneuverable once it's in the mansion, but once it gets outside and onto the tiled roof, especially the cornered section where you have to get round to the entrance roof, it becomes very difficult. I fell off the building a couple of times.

In the car you get added stability, in the way that it will hold in place a lot stronger than any bike will. Added to that, once you do manage to get the bike on the roof of the entrance, you then face a challenge in itself, which is trying to mount the bike. Which, as you may well know, can be very frustrating.

Plus I wanted to see if it could actually be done in a car. tounge.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

i did it with a pcj-600
and could see wht u said

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:23 PM Edited by flicko, 23 December 2008 - 06:41 PM.

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Dec 23 2008, 12:00)
i did it with a pcj-600
and could see what u said

Nice to know. When I try to mount the PCJ I usually end up getting frustrated almost immediately, which makes it even harder for me to mount the damn thing!

Anyway, since this topic is going nowhere, I'm going to list and describe all the challenges I was planning on posting in here, starting with this-

Can you get to the top of the lighthouse on a bike?

To see if I could do this, I first of all found a bike, which in my case was a PCJ 600, then headed over to the lighthouse. I tried driving forwards up the lighthouse stairs, but didn't even get half way before the bike came to a halt. Because the stairs are so narrow, the further you go up, the more narrow they get. You'll find that if you try doing this forward that the bike will often lob-side, or push itself over the stairs and down to the bottom.

So the logical option the would be to go backwards. Immediately I found it easier to move, and the bike moved quicker up the set of stairs. When you get a fair way up the stairs, it will become very difficult to maintain the bike stays on the stairway, and not fall off the side and onto the floor. To do this, you constantly keep your finger on the reverse button, and then alternate between the left and right directional buttons, to make sure the bike stays stable. It is extremely difficult, and takes a fair while. But if you dig at it, you'll soon find yourself getting level with the window, just past half way up.

Once you get to the window you'll find a discovery. There is actually an invisible wall just past the window, which makes it impossible to progress on a bike. Therefore making this challenge impossible.

The next method is this-

Can you get a Faggio onto the wooden buildings surrounded by water?

Right, to complete this challenge I realised that the only way I'd be able to get a land vehicle onto a place on water is by transporting it via a boat of some sort.

The first boat I had a go at completing this method is the Coastguard. Because of the Coastguards awkward position to start off with, I had a challenge in itself to just try and get the Faggio onto the boat, without it going into the water. After around 11 deaths I finally managed to get the bike onto the boat, and then I started the Boat's engine up. What I then found out is that the Faggio has a major impact on the boat's performance. It makes the Coastguard nye on impossible to move, and when you can make the boat move it is impossible to steer. The boat makes a nasty noise, and the Faggio will fall into the water if you go too fast. But, even when going extremely slow, the feat is still impossible to complete, as you cannot steer.

I then had a go at this method using the Cuban Jetmax as my transporter, and made another discovery. When I managed to get the Faggio onto the Jetmax, and dismounted it, Tommy fell straight through the boat, as if it was invisible. Tommy will then re-appear in the water beside the boat, and inevitably drown. So, to avoid this from occurring, as soon as I dismounted the Faggio I immediately pressed the triangle button, in hope that it would trigger the boat to start its engine. Luckily it did, and I could then attempt the challenge using a different boat. The Cuban Jetmax moved more freely than the Coastguard, but still struggled heavily. Slow movement was still a necessity, but even after a lot of attempts, the closest I could get the bike to the houses was about 50M from land, and obviously not close enough. Fact was, the bike just couldn't stay on the boats, no matter how careful I was with my efforts.

The next challenge is this-

Can you complete the mission Checkpoint Charlie using the Coastguard?

Firstly, you're going to have to obtain the Coastguard. Once you do, head over to your Boatyard, and reverse the boat so that it is parked just in front of the Cuban Jetmax. I wouldn't park it just in front of the Squallo, as that is too close to the edge of the jetty, and there isn't much room to maneuver around.

When you have positioned the Coastguard just in front of the Cuban Jetmax, get off the boat and then enter the Jetmax, which will trigger the mission Checkpoint Charlie. As soon as you begin, get off the Jetmax, and quickly get back on the Coastguard. I emphasise on the quickly part, as the timer will have already begun. As soon as you get on the Coastguard try to complete the mission in the allotted time. I completed the mission at the first attempt, with only three seconds to spare. The Coastguard is slower than both the Jetmax and Squallo, but handles slightly better at top speed. So yes, this challenge is possible, but yes, you have to be a good driver to master this challenge.

Other challenges I was going to post up, but didn't have an attempt at are as follows-

-Can you complete Vice Street Racer, race 5, VC Endurance using a Voodoo?
-Can you complete Vice Street Racer, race 5, VC Endurance using a Voodoo with popped tyres?
-Can you complete Vice Street Racer, race 5, VC Endurance using a Voodoo with popped tyres as well as 4 wanted stars?
-Can you complete the mission Death Row and Keep your friends close without using any weapons?
-How many hidden packages can you collect in under one hour? Credit to cacarla for that one.

Although this topic wasn't a major success, I hope you have discovered something new from this. xmas.gif

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

-Can you complete the mission Death Row and Keep your friends close without using any weapons?

I know Death Row is doable, I've done it myself in fact, but only with the help of the everything-proof Admiral from Guardian Angels. It's probably possible with a helicopter but I haven't tried it.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Forcefield @ Dec 23 2008, 21:36)

I know Death Row is doable, I've done it myself in fact, but only with the help of the everything-proof Admiral from Guardian Angels. It's probably possible with a helicopter but I haven't tried it.

If people are willing, they can still have a go at the un-attempted challenges. Hell, when I have time, I'll have a go myself. I'm sure trying to complete both missions will provide a fantastic challenge, and bring out your true VC-gamer. Not to mention the entertainment factor.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 23 2008, 21:39)
QUOTE (Forcefield @ Dec 23 2008, 21:36)

If people are willing, they can still have a go at the un-attempted challenges. Hell, when I have time, I'll have a go myself. I'm sure trying to complete both missions will provide a fantastic challenge, and bring out your true VC-gamer. Not to mention the entertainment factor.

I'd gladly give it a go but I don't have a copy of VC at the mo sad.gif

Have been meaning to buy it again though, so will, eventually, be able to take part in these challenges icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey flicko, don't let the limited response deter you; this sounds like a lot of fun. Keep thinking of more. I think I'm going to try to do these. If I think of more ideas I'll post them here. icon14.gif

I was actually considering making a similar topic for new challenges in San Andreas. One idea I had was a standard playthrough, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it. This can be done in VC as well, or any GTA for that matter.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

It's nice to see some interest in this topic, at last!

Cheers for the comments mate, it's much appreciated. I'll be sure to get my thinking cap on and post in more challenges. I think it would be extra fun (for me anyway!), if this time round the challenge was not posted by me. So, anybody reading this, please feel free to post in any ideas you wish, whether or not you have no idea if it is possible or not, as long as it's not completely far-fetched.

And the playthrough idea is pretty sterling. I'd definitely throw that idea into the mix, if this topic gets a few more people taking part, that is.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 26 2008, 15:17)
And the playthrough idea is pretty sterling. I'd definitely throw that idea into the mix, if this topic gets a few more people taking part, that is.

Thanks.

I would also make an exception for the pickups you get at safehouses from hidden packages, since I'd consider those "earned." This sort of lends a bit of added realism, IMO. Seriously, like shotguns and rocket launchers are just going to be laying around in the street or wherever? lol.

I'd like to help contribute here, as well has have something fresh to do with these classic games.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

I don't think punching your enemies on KYFC or Death Row is possible. Maybe one or two can die but I don't believe you can complete it. I have done Rub Out with a PCJ-600 though.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Dec 26 2008, 16:17)
[color=lightgreen]I don't think punching your enemies on KYFC or Death Row is possible.

Like I'd mentioned, I'd make an exception for the weapon pickups at the hideouts. The idea is to earn your weapons, not just - say - cruise over to that sidewalk along the beach across from the hotel at the start of the game for a shotgun right from the getgo.

Pass "Keep Your Friends Close..." with nothing but a chainsaw. Now there's a challenge. colgate.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:50 PM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 27 December 2008 - 01:33 AM.

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Dec 26 2008, 23:23)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Dec 26 2008, 16:17)
I don't think punching your enemies on KYFC or Death Row is possible.

Like I'd mentioned, I'd make an exception for the weapon pickups at the hideouts. The idea is to earn your weapons, not just - say - cruise over to that sidewalk along the beach across from the hotel at the start of the game for a shotgun right from the getgo.

Pass "Keep Your Friends Close..." with nothing but a chainsaw. Now there's a challenge. colgate.gif

[color=lightgreen]Wow, a chainsaw, shouldn't be too hard, just walk crazily into everyone and hold the attack button, but taking out Lance and Sonny would be a bit of trouble with it as they fire like crazy and they also have a dangerous weapon.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:51 PM Edited by flicko, 26 December 2008 - 10:54 PM.

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Dec 26 2008, 22:17)
I don't think punching your enemies on KYFC or Death Row is possible. Maybe one or two can die but I don't believe you can complete it. I have done Rub Out with a PCJ-600 though.

For the mission Death Row, where exactly does it state that you have to kill anybody. You can simply run through the junkyard and straight to Lance. But that would be extremely lucky if you were to survive. If I were to give that challenge a go, I'd use a vehicle as my weapon. A vehicle isn't a standard in-game weapon, and it's very easy to run down pedestrians. Although your car would be on fire almost immediately, you'd still be able to run and retrieve another. Death Row seems very possible to complete.

Keep your friends close, however, may prove more difficult. You have to kill two main characters, who both take a few hits to be killed. Killing Lance would be a possibility, by using a choppers rotating blades to slice him up, but killing Sonny may prove more difficult, as he stays inside your mansion, even if you are outside. If there was a way to somehow lure him outside then killing him with a chopper may be possible. If not, I still know a few ways to kill him, without using weapons.

This is the beauty of the challenges, don't forget that I have also added a Is it even possible? section. You can't state that a challenge is pretty pointless because it's not possible, as that is part of the game.

Besides, if that certain challenge proves to unachievable, there's always more challenges to be included, like what Mainland Marauder has stated. Some challenges posted above have been proved to be impossible, and there's a couple I haven't attempted yet that certainly seem impossible. Completing VC Endurance in a Voodoo with flat tyres whilst avoiding the police is an example.

Right, so now that activity has increased a little, I'd appreciate it if anybody would suggest a challenge for everybody to compete for. The first suggestion will be put into place.

Oh and Flesh n bone, might be a good idea to add spoiler tags to your last post. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 26 2008, 16:51)
Keep your friends close, however, may prove more difficult. You have to kill two main characters, who both take a few hits to be killed. Killing Lance would be a possibility, by using a choppers rotating blades to slice him up, but killing Sonny may prove more difficult, as he stays inside your mansion, even if you are outside. If there was a way to somehow lure him outside then killing him with a chopper may be possible. If not, I still know a few ways to kill him, without using weapons.

I've never tried, but I'm not sure if you can lead Sonny out before killing him. As for Lance, what you describe can be done with the Sparrow just outside the mansion. First time I played the mission, I left the mansion completely after killing Sonny to get a Hunter and return to blow Lance and his boys up with rockets, not as part of a challenge but just because I was looking for some over-the-top way of killing him. colgate.gif

Indeed, a chainsaw might be little easy for most of the guys you face in that mission. Maybe a machete or a hammer?

You're right, flicko, there really are no limits to what can be suggested here. If you don't know if something's possible, maybe it's time to get the game out and give it a try yourself. icon14.gif

It's been at least a year since I've played the mission, but is there any way to beat "Four Iron" using nothing but the golf cart to run over people? Or at least using it to take out the guy you chase in the golf cart?

How about passing my all-time favorite GTA mission, "Shakedown" using nothing but melee weapons to do your smashing?

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

hey ppl i did the vc endurance race 5 with a voodoo with flat tires
first i tried with 4 stars i passed
then with 5 stars i passed
and when i went to 6 stars the rhino was blowing the other vehicles!! but atlast it hit me and u know killed me just abt 1 metre before the final checkpoint thing!! angry.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:42 PM Edited by flicko, 27 December 2008 - 04:44 PM.

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Dec 27 2008, 05:36)
QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 26 2008, 16:51)

I've never tried, but I'm not sure if you can lead Sonny out before killing him. As for Lance, what you describe can be done with the Sparrow just outside the mansion. First time I played the mission, I left the mansion completely after killing Sonny to get a Hunter and return to blow Lance and his boys up with rockets, not as part of a challenge but just because I was looking for some over-the-top way of killing him. colgate.gif

That would definitely be a good method to kill Sonny as well. If you gained access to the Hunter, or the Sea Sparrow, you could lower the choppers down to the entrance of your mansion, where you will actually see Sonny in the Doorway. I know this because I usually go outside in order to kill him. So, once he's in range, fire a couple of rockets at him until he dies. Simple!

Well, maybe we could start off by using the Chainsaw, then the Machete and then for the elite gamers, nothing. Would be awesome if we had a lot of people taking part.

So far here's a list of all un-attempted/complete challenges, anybody can have a go at these, in any order they want. I think this topic will run better if we have simultaneous challenges on going at one time. So, here they are-

-Complete the mission Death Row using no standard weapons at all
-Complete the mission Keep your friends close using only a Chainsaw
-Complete the mission Keep your friends close using only a Machete/hammer
-Complete the mission Keep your friends close using no standard weapons at all
-Complete the mission Four Iron using nothing but a Caddy
-Complete the mission Shakedown using nothing but melee weapons
-Complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo
-Complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo, with flat tyres
-Complete the Vice street racer, race 5- VC Endurance with a Voodoo with flat tyres, whilst having at least four wanted stars
-How many hidden packages can you collect withing one hour of starting a new game?
-Complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it

It's turned into a nice little list. Any completed challenges, with details, will be added to the table in the first post. As ever I shall be attempting all noted challenges. Good luck to all!

hey ppl i did the vc endurance race 5 with a voodoo with flat tires
first i tried with 4 stars i passed
then with 5 stars i passed
and when i went to 6 stars the rhino was blowing the other vehicles!! but atlast it hit me and u know killed me just abt 1 metre before the final checkpoint thing!!

Nice one!

Could you perhaps provide more information? It's not that I don't believe you, but anybody could say that they have completed a challenge without describing how. Perhaps race times? Incidents? Any other information? It would be greatly appreciated. And it's good to see you've given some of my challenges a go. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Dec 27 2008, 10:42)
-Complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it

flicko, what are your thoughts on safehouse/hideout weapon pickups? Use them or not? Or maybe limit them to one pickup per in-game day?

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

hey flicko wht i did was i went to the race marker thing and started the race i took a voodoo from my garage and i saw a cop and i killed him then i
reach the race start thing and then before doing the race i stepped out and killed a few cops and i got 4 stars then i burst my tires with a M4 and then crashed into the infernus and then started going at full speed i crashed all of the cars into a building biggrin.gif but still they followed me then i was going straight so i crashed all of the cars into a building and their cars blew up!!! biggrin.gif then i was driving like lightning bcoz of the cops they had almost burned my voodoo when i finished the race it took me 6 minutes bcoz of the cops but i burned the others below 4 minutes biggrin.gif
the 5 stars was harder but i will tell u abt it tomorrow bcoz now im going out to a shopping mall cryani.gif
byeee tounge.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

So, it took you approximately six minutes to complete it in the Voodoo with flat tyres as well as having six wanted stars? Nice job! I'll also give this a go when I can get on Vice city (this festive period is a pain in the ass for me, no game-time!).

And you say it took you under four minutes to complete the race in a Voodoo with flat tyres with a four star wanted level? Only a select few people can actually complete VC Endurance in under four minutes, using the fastest vehicles on the game without any obstacles. So unless you made an error in typing that, and can rectify it, I'm not too sure I believe you achieved that, which then makes me unsure of your six-star and five-star achievements.

Mainland Marauder, to be honest mate the ball is in your court as much as it is mine, as it is your suggestion. But maybe we could implement two separate challenges; One where you do a standard playthrough without collecting any hidden packages prior to starting the challenge, and then another where you complete a standard play through having collected as many hidden packages as you deem necessary prior to starting the challenge. And then limit the amount of pick-ups to just the one. The second would take a bit more time, but as you said, it would be earned, and would also make it easier for the more average gamers wishing to take part.

So from that we would have-

-Complete the storyline of Vice city, but where you limit yourself to weapons you either purchase at Ammu-Nation, pick up from your safehouse/hideout (only once), pick off a fallen ped/gangster/cop etc. or get from a pickup location only when a mission requires it

But as I say, this is just my two cents. You can make the chellenge however you want to make it, buddy. icon14.gif

We could also do one where you are only allowed to use weapons given to you in missions, and nothing more. There are quite a few gameplay missions that give you weapons, and I've completed most missions not using any weapons besides the ones I was inadvertanly forced to use.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

I figure we can keep both variations on the challenge in play. I will say, though, in either case - no going over to the other island prematurely for the purpose of gathering packages, or for any reason. Of course, hidden packages are the main reason for doing it, as well as some weapon pickups, but we've established that those are off-limits for the purpose of this particular challenge.

Also I like the idea of limiting the safehouse pickups, if you use them, to once per in-game day, or maybe once for every mission. No just going in and out hoarding ammo. Part of the idea here is to emphasize marksmanship and making every round count.

Your idea of sticking only to weapons obtained in the course of missions can be a third, most challenging variant. You can consider yourself an elite VC player if you do that, I say. Good call. icon14.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:13 AM Edited by hotwheels83, 29 December 2008 - 07:16 AM.

hey flicko wht i said was i crashed the infernus cheetah and banshee in 4 minutes by ramming them into a building but i finished the race in 6 minutes and 39 seconds
i said in the last post that i crashed the cars that is blow them up in 4 minutes and won the race in 6:39 minutes colgate.gif
any comments than plzz tell dontgetit.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:32 PM Edited by flicko, 29 December 2008 - 03:55 PM.

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Dec 29 2008, 07:13)
hey flicko wht i said was i crashed the infernus cheetah and banshee in 4 minutes by ramming them into a building but i finished the race in 6 minutes and 39 seconds
i said in the last post that i crashed the cars that is blow them up in 4 minutes and won the race in 6:39 minutes colgate.gif
any comments than plzz tell dontgetit.gif

Ah, I misinterpreted your post. Thought your description was of the six-star method, sorry about that.

Mainland Marauder, great, so now we have three separate challenges to compete for. I'll add them in, as well as the other listed challenges on the previous page, onto the first post. And I will also link to the rules and regulations of the playthrough challenges. icon14.gif

I'll be giving them a go as soon as possible, and would hope for others to give these a go as well. icon14.gif

Edit, the first post has been updated with all new challenges and completed challenges, I can't wait to finally give them all a go!

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

I completed the vice street racer 5 endurance race with the voodoo and flat tires in my second try!! It was like sooo easy but on the first try they burst my voodoo and i had to run away but still i got wasted devil.gif
On the second try i won because i crashed the other participants into same building as i did in the voodoo with flat tires and 4 stars
then it was easy driving and i was actually going very slow biggrin.gif
I finished the race in 6 minutes and 21 seconds wink.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

Hey everybody now i will say how i won the vice street racer race 5 endurance with 5 stars it will sound like a babies long story but if u feel like not reading then dont!! i couldnt write in my old post because i was busy
I started the race and took the voodoo from my garage (i have around 5 voodoos just saved for the races) went outside without my voodoo got into the sunshine autos and started blasting everyone with a minigun i kept on blasting the cops cars until i had 5 stars
i went downstairs into my garage and took out a voodoo and reach the starting point burst my tires and then went full speed without control just touched the banshee and the race started
it was sooooo hard but i crashed them into each other and burst them in 6 minutes and 2 seconds
then i was going out of control but then got hold of the car i finished the race in a very bad time which is 6 minutes 58 seconds sad.gif

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Dec 30 2008, 14:17)

it was sooooo hard but i crashed them into each other and burst them in 6 minutes and 2 seconds
then i was going out of control but then got hold of the car i finished the race in a very bad time which is 6 minutes 58 seconds sad.gif

IF you had crashed into them and erupted their vehicles, how come your own vehicle survived?

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Because i was shooting them with my uzi and when their cars were with black smoke i would crash all of them biggrin.gif
simple lol.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

Great going, Hotwheels83! Sounds legitimate to me!

I'll be sure to give it a go, and try to beat your times as well, give myself my own challenge within a challenge! But please, there wasn't any need for the double post, simply edit your first one please, as people will still read what you have to say. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users