Photo

Lost and Damned Mini-Preview

59 replies to this topic
~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:43 AM

Ya I said something in another topic hoping his style will be based on strength.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:31 AM Edited by MC_320, 14 February 2009 - 06:09 AM.

Yup Johnny's fighting style sure is different than Niko's. Yo where or who did you get this from?

http://media.gtanet....amned-event.jpg

Were you gonna do someone or was that part of the game?

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:43 AM

You're really make my day, adamcs.
Great preview, by the way. Hey is there any clue about changing clothes in there?

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

Dude yet again MC_320, you have confused the sh*t out of me, "were you gonna do someone or was that part of the game" What are you taliking about? Please make sense of this suicidal.gif.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (~Nico~ @ Feb 14 2009, 01:02)
Dude yet again MC_320, you have confused the sh*t out of me, "were you gonna do someone or was that part of the game" What are you taliking about? Please make sense of this suicidal.gif.

LOL! lol.gif

Click the link and look at the picture in my post. That picture was from the photographs that Adamcs uploaded on The Lost And Damned Community Event News. I was basically asking what it was for. smile.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

GREAT REVIEW. I can't wait to get a 360 elite. biggrin.gif

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (buffalosoulj4h20)
Thanks, umm one question, what are the mission names of which you've played? Pm me if you can share.

I remember playing "Angels of America" but I can't remember the names of the other two we played. That mission involved chasing The Angels of Death through the tunnel to Algonquin and drive-by'ing them with the sawed off shotgun. It was kind of annoying though, my own guys kept getting in my way, so I ended up killing like three of them. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (e2thejdot)
Did you happen to notice if its the same fist fighting animations with Johnny than Niko or if they changed it up some?

D'oh, that's something we forgot to check. We were too busy screwing around with the new weapons. tounge.gif In terms of walking and moving around etc. he feels exactly the same as Niko, but I'm not sure about the fighting animations. He also climbs stairs in the same annoying way that Niko does.. mad.gif

QUOTE (beatnik11)
I am actually curious about the new additions to the radio.  Did you listen to a new station or notice any new songs or commentary on the previously existing stations?

We couldn't hear sh*t in there. tounge.gif They had music playing in the club, plus there were 7 other people playing the game with the volume turned right up, so it was impossible to hear anything. We had to turn subtitles on to find out what was going on during the missions.

QUOTE (MC_320)
http://media.gtanet.com/images/5696-gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned-event.jpg

Were you gonna do someone or was that part of the game?

It was part of the mini-bar in the hotel for some reason. It was kinda strange finding a pack of condoms next to some Oreos. I thought the diagrams on the box were funny, so I took a photo. I wonder if that last diagram is an accurate representation of what goes on in that hotel...

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for answering adam.

junafani
  • junafani

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

Can you use old weapons with Johnny? Like AK or is it just those new weapons?

What happens when you are driving with the gang and you use superbike (like NRG)? Do they comment to it?

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (junafani @ Feb 14 2009, 17:57)
Can you use old weapons with Johnny? Like AK or is it just those new weapons?

What happens when you are driving with the gang and you use superbike (like NRG)? Do they comment to it?

Yep, you can use the old weapons. The old weapon cheats work too.

I didn't get the opportunity to test other bikes during the missions. It seemed to insist that I use Johnny's bike and no other bike (it even marked it on the radar when I fell off of it). That's not to say you can't use other bikes, but the missions encourage you to use Johnny's because it's unique.

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

Woah there I didn't know that! lol.gif That's pretty funny, my mother always says,"nothing is sacred anymore" but still you gotta love the thought, at least they want you to be safe and maybe give you a couple ideas on positioning while there at it, anyway i already said this but I hope we at least can get some black jeans and I read the post so sorry if you have answered this but how do you like Johnny's style? Fighting and walking in particular, also I wanted to say thanks for the great read and information your sharing with us all, that is why I go to GTA4.NET first and always cause I enjoy a good read. Thanks again Adam your the man! icon14.gif icon14.gif

ETB
  • ETB

GTA Freak

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Nice article, you guys are very lucky tounge.gif

I've read the other sites articles and they all say that there is a "secret" they can't reveal until next week. Actually there is a report missing from one day...so they probably cant say anything what they did that day.
Will you guys be updating your article with the "secret day" next week?

Fistinface
  • Fistinface

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

Good read, thanks for the info.
Offtopic, did you hear any new info about red dead redemption while chatting with the R* devs. I'm so wanting this game.

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

Go to Gamespot they have a little info on it, other than that there is no other info on it.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Has the camera angle or anything else changed at all from GTA IV, or is the gameplay feeling exactly the same, except for the difference in walking, running and fighting-style (which i assume is different)?

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

Yes they said everything about Johnny is different, and I typed a long post last time, but in it I asked if you like Johnny's style, fighting and walking in particular? What would you have to say about it? And thanks a mill for everything. icon14.gif

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

Wow, naming your biker buddies and getting their memorials posted in the club when they die? A bit immersive; Rockstar really want you to get close to your bikeys.

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

Ya that is a good idea, but I doubt you can name your bro's cause I don't remember hearing that anywhere, and besides this ain't SR2, lol.gif. Just playin'.

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (~Nico~ @ Feb 16 2009, 02:02)
Ya that is a good idea, but I doubt you can name your bro's cause I don't remember hearing that anywhere, and besides this ain't SR2, lol.gif. Just playin'.

I'm guessing they're giving you a list of names to choose from?

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

I doubt it dude, and your avatar will give me nightmares nervous.gif.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

I don't think they give you a list of names.

If you really want certain names, just keep killing them all until they end up with the names you want.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

This Article makes me want to start my own GTA website just so I can be invited to Rockstar for future GTA releases. You guys got hooked up with the limited edition LAD 360 Elite's. Im jealous...

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:48 AM

I'm curious about pop-in problem in Lost And Damned. Is it vanish in Lost And Damned? Basically we played Lost And Damned from hard disk, right? But many folks displeasure about there's so much pop-in after they installed the game into the HD. So, is this matter take effect to Lost And Damned?

Sorry if this out of topic.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Feb 16 2009, 04:48)
I'm curious about pop-in problem in Lost And Damned. Is it vanish in Lost And Damned? Basically we played Lost And Damned from hard disk, right? But many folks displeasure about there's so much pop-in after they installed the game into the HD. So, is this matter take effect to Lost And Damned?

I doubt it. Being bad i mean.

The problems most people had when installing GTA IV to the HDD was pop-ups. Same here. I don't think i noticed any other problems. And so, if you download it, you will still be playing from the GTA IV disc unless you choose to play it from your HDD if it works for you. And the weapons, cutscenes, mission triggers and everything added in the DLC shouldn't be a problem to load from your HDD if you ask me.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (VickeX @ Feb 16 2009, 05:10)

The problems most people had when installing GTA IV to the HDD was pop-ups. Same here. I don't think i noticed any other problems. And so, if you download it, you will still be playing from the GTA IV disc unless you choose to play it from your HDD if it works for you. And the weapons, cutscenes, mission triggers and everything added in the DLC shouldn't be a problem to load from your HDD if you ask me.

O really? So, even if we don't have NXE, we still can play Lost And Damned from GTA IV disc?
Thanks for replied, anyway.

Guys, any confirmation about this matter?

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Feb 16 2009, 05:21)
QUOTE (VickeX @ Feb 16 2009, 05:10)

O really? So, even if we don't have NXE, we still can play Lost And Damned from GTA IV disc?
Thanks for replied, anyway.

Guys, any confirmation about this matter?

Why wouldn't you? You could download DLC to your Xbox before NXE, couldn't you?

Though, for some reason they might make it so that you need the NXE to download and play it. I don't see why, but they could.

And also as i said. Why would you need to have GTA IV on your HDD to play TLAD? Makes no sence. I'm 99,999% sure about it.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:32 AM

Sorry I don't understand about DLC. Lost And Damned is my first DLC, however.
Thanks.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (batik89 @ Feb 16 2009, 05:32)
Lost And Damned is my first DLC, however.

Same here.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (VickeX @ Feb 16 2009, 06:26)
Why wouldn't you? You could download DLC to your Xbox before NXE, couldn't you?

'fraid not

The NXE is a compulsory update, you will not be able to connect to XBL without the NXE.

But as said, the DLC is stored on your hard drive (all the new vehicles, missions etc). The rest of the game is still read from the DVD (the map, old radio stations etc).

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

So in other word, I'll play Lost & Damned with pop-in thingie?
Because until this day, I still play GTA IV from the disc, and it's just fine. Ain't got no serious pop-in problem. I'm afraid if I played Lost And Damned from hard disk, the problem will appeared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users