3,069 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Divergent. It was good, but not nearly as good as the book. 

I did enjoy it though!

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by Kaydee., 27 April 2014 - 08:18 PM.

I've watched L.A. Confidential. It's about two cops who put their rivalry aside to investigate and eliminate

corrupt forces within the department.

Great movie.

Also watched Goodfellas. Another movie that isn't as good as the book it was based on, but it's good enough.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

MV5BNjU4NzYzOTY1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTAy

Had some funny scenes.. not as funny as I thought it would be but it's definitely worth a watch if you're looking for a pick me up flick. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube shared a pretty good chemistry, though the plot is easy to figure out.. Hart sells this movie being he's the comedian, good watch.

Pretty much, Hart is a video game (COD style) player and he uses that experience during his 'ride along'. 

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Captain America Winter Soldier

Action scenes and fighting was awesome and story was good.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

I wonder why people with internet feel the need to act like a total dickheads. 

Pot calling kettle black.

Yep. Because i got internet, so why not act like a dickhead to another dickhead? I see no problem here.

Ontopic:

Million Dollar Baby.

A lot of people said it was a good movie, so i give it a go without seeing any synopsis or anything, and yes it was good.

I never know it was a sad movie, and it was a pleasant surprise since mostly, i didn't like sad movies. My reaction is pretty much the same like when i watch Gran Torino.

Rae24
  • Rae24

Spring Chicken

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

I watched Disconnect last night. Kind of an indie version of Crash, but much, much better. f*ck I hate crash.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I usually wait 'till movies come out on blu ray and I buy them, but all the praise coming in for Captain America really makes me want to go out and see it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. I thought it had too much build up and "montage" scenes which hogged the movie, but I apparently shouldn't have judged the Winter Soldier based on that.

Ha, anyways... Last movie I saw was Mad Max. Never seen it before, but I just bought the trilogy. It was a fun movie, if a little cheesy.

Right before that, I saw Ender's Game. VERY AWESOME movie. Really recommend it. I usually hate kid actors in movies, but this kid was the best part of the movie(which is the point, but it was unexpected) It's very rare for a kid to not seem annoying to me in films, but he did it :)

• This Guy Is Here likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:28 PM Edited by W2B, 30 April 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Last movie I saw was Crusoe (1989), starring Aidan Quinn as Robinson Crusoe, a slave trader who gets shipwrecked on a tropical island, and that's about it. He goes crazy, befriends a native tribesman and so on.

It wasn't too bad, but nothing special.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:13 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 01 May 2014 - 03:14 AM.

I usually wait 'till movies come out on blu ray and I buy them, but all the praise coming in for Captain America really makes me want to go out and see it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. I thought it had too much build up and "montage" scenes which hogged the movie, but I apparently shouldn't have judged the Winter Soldier based on that.

Ha, anyways... Last movie I saw was Mad Max. Never seen it before, but I just bought the trilogy. It was a fun movie, if a little cheesy.

Right before that, I saw Ender's Game. VERY AWESOME movie. Really recommend it. I usually hate kid actors in movies, but this kid was the best part of the movie(which is the point, but it was unexpected) It's very rare for a kid to not seem annoying to me in films, but he did it :)

Lol yeah I didn't see it in theater, though that usually is the type of movie I watch on the big screen.  I settled for an average quality screener and yeah I was surprised because I wasn't a huge fan of the first one as well.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Just saw Oculus....by god what a waste.
It really tried to be clever and fresh...and it had the potential to pull it off, but the scares were non-existent (thanks for nothing WWE studios) and it seems they had no idea how to end the film, and it became a pointless mess by the end.
And god, please drop the "planned sequel" climaxes...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Mensch I Natur I Technik

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 01 May 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Last film I seen was When Harry Met Sally (1989) directed by Rob Reiner and Written by Nora Ephron. I actually really enjoyed it. Billy Crystal star with Meg Ryan (used to hate her but she's good in this and hot) and it's got some smart funny moments. The theme is, basically, can opposites sex's have healthy friendships or would the guy (or girl) be just trying to bone the one another. Going by Crystals lines, I was really surprised this was written by a female. She did her research haha :p

surrogates-20090824065012645_640w.jpg

Another film I watched on Netflix was Surrogates (2009) which I really enjoyed. It didn't get received too well, critically. Maybe people were looking for some sort of mega-budget transformers style make of a comic but I think it was gripping. I'll post the trailer and I'd love to hear someone elses opinion of it because I think it's underrated.  This guy on IMDB sums it up good for me...

SURROGATES presents a strong sci fi storyline that isn't so convoluted that it exhausts the viewer from mental analysis of what's going on. It also is crafted well so that unlike a number of sci fi action movies, the balance between the action and the human relationship components are in sync. This hybrid sci fi movie includes elements from I, ROBOT (2004) that introduced many of the similar robotic images, THE MATRIX (1999) that introduced the notion of virtual reality plug ins, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (1981) that introduced a post-modern society isolated from the rest of humanity, and FAHRENHEIT 451 (1966) that presented the dystopic future angst of a couple separated by technology. Bruce Willis continues at the top of his game in this movie bringing an even more subdued and sympathetic character to the screen. The action is compelling and strong, the technological premise of this movie is well executed, and the human/surrogate disconnect is remarkably engaging on an emotional level. Unfortunately, in somewhat of a less than powerful and poignant delivery, unlike FAHRENHEIT 451, SURROGATES ultimately has as its core the more traditional and perhaps predictable resolution and tidying up of lose ends favoring a more conservative and pedestrian movie overall. - tabuno, IMDB

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

@Mister Pink
I enjoyed Surrogates too. It's not amazing or anything, but it's definitely not a bad one.

The story is pretty clever on it's own way, not too complex and not to slow.  It's pretty good.

• Mister Pink likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Saw it last saturday.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Timecrimes (Los Cronocrímenes)(2007)

Qo5nIQil.jpg

There isn't too much that can be said about Timecrimes without spoiling what exactly transpires in it. To put it shortly and sweetly: Timecrimes is a smart and suspenseful thriller that has an interesting take on time travel movies. It's pretty small in scale (no going back in time to save the planet) and doesn't get too convoluted to follow, a trap that many films like this fall into.

I'll go into more detail and still try to avoid spoilers below, but it really is best to go into Timecrimes completely blind.

There are no actual spoilers in this btw, just stuff it's probably better to read afterwards:

Spoiler

• Mister Pink likes this

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 03 May 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Amazing Spiderman 2 is getting some bad reviews.  Anyone here seen it yet?

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

It's Jinx. J.I.N.X.

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Noah. You aleardy know it's storyline. Just to see what role had EW there :p

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

/Away

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Watched Bad Neighbours last night in the cinema. Really funny film. Recommend it to anyone who wants to laugh from beginning to end.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Watched brick mansions, cheesy ending but what do u expect from a district 13 remake combined with Paul Walker?
Btw I love Paul walker that's why I watched the movie

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

On my Encore movie channels, Classic IIRC, or Suspense one, they aired 1980s crime drama American Gigolo with Richard Gere starring, made in 1980, it's great to see these films in proper widescreen remastered glory. I can't seem to get enough

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Mensch I Natur I Technik

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Last film I watched was Dirty Pretty Things (2002). I thought it was a decent film. I believe it was quite original. It's about an illegal immigrant living in London that works at a hotel but he discovers a sort of ring of people black market organ harvesting ring. 

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

How I spent my summer vacation.

Mel Gibson. Was surprisingly good! Its on Netflix, check it out!

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Snowpiercer. Wow, just wow. Loved it.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

Blue Ruin (2013)

955nx7ll.jpg

A broken man, clumsy and visceral violence and a overall atmosphere of bleak tragedy are the main ingredients for Blue Ruin; a revenge film that takes the genre in a melancholic direction and paints revenge as the dishonourable act it can be.

The with a dialogue-free sequence following the life of a drifter on the Delaware coast. He eeks out an existence metres from the joy and happiness of the fun fair on the pier. Eating out of bins, scavenging bottles to recycle for cash on the beach and breaking into homes in order to feed and clean himself make up his day-to-day existence. This broken man without purpose, Dwight, was driven to this life after a tragedy tore his family and his life apart, and now he finally has an opportunity to exact his revenge on those who robbed him.

Macon Blair plays this listless, fragmented man. His Dwight isn't the typical revenge thriller hero or anti-hero. Dwight is a man doing the only thing he thinks will make him whole again and how he deals with the fallout. He's a pitiable shell of a man who doesn't talk much and can't handle a gun. He's not a badass and this isn't Taken.

It's his ineptness that really sells the bleakness of Blue Ruin. The clumsy, and realistic, take on the violence paints the walls of the rural homes a visceral and raw shade of red. There are no drawn out fight sequences, no massive gunfights. Just scared people struggling to find a way to make themselves feel better.

Blue Ruin, with its conservative use of dialogue and uncompromising look at violent revenge, makes a beautifully tragic watch. It presents a damning indictment of America's infatuation with the right to bear arms against one another. When the truth is being decided by the person standing at the right end of the barrel, nobody really goes home a winner.

• Mister Pink, TheCacti and RiaJay21 like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

Just watched neighbours, absolutely a riot.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I managed to see Pompeii, Her,and Silver Lining Playbook.

Pompeii was so cringe-worthy, i can't even put it into words. Paul let us down here. Pointless dialouge, dialogue chessy AND so irrelvant to what just happened, slow build-up and huge let down to what the film is portraying. Avoid...

Her is a masterpiece in it's own. It's hardly a rom-com to those hit by the same effects the Main Character is feeling. The comedy it relies on is extremely repetitive, but manages to hit home and ensure the giggles. If your lonely and occasionally depressed, you'll find yourself relating. If not, it's merely a "leave half your brain at the door" flick.

Silver Lining Playbook really hit me hard because i'm diagonsed with Bipolar 2. Unlike alot of movies, it really portrayed the illness correctly and consequences perfectly. What really broke me down was a episode the main character had almost halfway through. Every little detail was spot on, from the Mental Hospital in the opening scenes, to how the police reposnded to all the incidents. If you know anyone else with an unfortunate mental ilness, please recommend this heartwarming film.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Mensch I Natur I Technik

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

I agree with you about Silver Linings Playbook for similar reasons. 

• hvcciookay likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by RiaJay21, 16 May 2014 - 05:08 PM.

@ Brobinski - it's insane how much I wanted to see Blue Ruin already, but now, I absolutely have to.

Last notable movie I watched was The Place Beyond The Pines. I was pleasantly surprised, although I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't really follow it on release, I saw maybe one trailer for it, so went in virtually blind.

At its core, this is a film about fathers and sons. It starts with Ryan Gosling's carnival stunt man turned drifter finding out that he fathered the son of a woman (Eva Mendes) he met while traveling through Schenectady a year prior. Quitting his job, he seeks to become involved in his young son's life, resorting to some incredibly desperate measures to do so.

His story intertwines with up and comer on the police force, Bradley Cooper. An event changes their lives, and the lives of those around them, forever. It's difficult to say much more than that without giving away some major plot points, including an early twist that isn't easy to see coming.

The pacing here was almost spot on. The film started to stumble a little towards the end, but wad held together by sone solid performances, particularly from the likes of Dane Dehaan (one to watch, possibly). There's a lot going on here; three different stories, though all related, and yet, it's difficult to feel too adrift amid all the other things going on.

I also found it a surprisingly easy, yet simultaneously gripping watch. It didn't take long for me to find myself really focusing in on what was going on; again, it's no popcorn flick, but it's easy to get invested in most of the characters, to such degree that you want to follow them. And, ultimately, the characters are the driving force of this story which, without revealing too much, carries with it hints of a would-be coming of age drama.

So, all told, I was fairly impressed. I enjoyed the film, so, that's always a plus. I was able to sit through it without constantly finding myself distracted.

Also, plus points for the use of Hall & Oates in the soundtrack. (... what? Don't look ay me like that.)

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Deliverance

I thought it was okay. My TV is sh*t though, and I could barely hear it.

Killbook
  • Killbook

TheBlackWalker. A Certified Killbook.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by Killbook, 15 May 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Movie Title: Minority Report
Rating: PG-13
Comments: It was a great movie with an really amazing plot. I really loved it and it had me on the edge of my seat guessing what was going to happen next. There were a couple of "holy sh*t" moments in there because I couldn't believe what I had seen. It's a very detailed movie with some really strong actors. Seeing as the director is Steven Spielberg, I, of course, am not the least disappointed in this movie.
Score: 8/10

Spoiler

Title: Donnie Darko

Rating: Rated R

Comments: This movie was just simply mind blowing. A true thriller that will have you wondering and guessing and gasping and on the edge of your seat until you fall off of it from excitement. This movie's plot was so amazing that at the end of the movie, I just wanted to restart it. This movie may also hit that emotional nerve too. Aside from that, the actors are very strong. Starring Jake GyllenhaalJena Malone, and Mary McDonnell.

Spoiler

• Failure likes this

Arcadax
  • Arcadax

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

47 Ronin, which was actually pretty good. I was surprised and once again almost deprived myself of a cool movie due to terrible critic reviews. I guess I need to trust my gut more often. The only complaint I guess I had was that the movie couldn't seem to decide who the main character was.
7/10, seeing as how it's a dollar to rent at the redbox I'd say it's worth it, at the very least it's lovely to look at.

And Keanu Reeves has not aged a day since 1999.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users