Photo

Last Movie You've Seen

2,764 replies to this topic
Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I watched Skyfall some weeks ago, but now i stumbled across the prettiest cgi motion picture film ever, Adventures of Tin Tin by Steven Spielberg. What an incredibly awesome film it was, wish it had more parts. The CGI is just so good, the whole film is cgi but the characters and everything looks like it was real. So good is the cgi. Better then any computer game too biggrin.gif The story and the chases were just top notch.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 PM Edited by Valenta, 24 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

Some movies stay with you forever...and ever...and ever.
user posted image

Room 237

Room 237 dives headfirst into the icy and bloody labyrinth that is Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. It details hidden messages that Stanley placed into the film about how The Shining was supposedly about the Indian American genocide, the Holocaust and various other things with connections being drawn for each of them.

I found this film by accident while flicking through channels, and I have to say, it held my interest longer than I thought it would. I wouldn't, however take any of it seriously. I think the people who made this had too much time on their hands, but on the other hand, they have made a thoroughly entertaining piece of work. I also think that this film further shows that Stanley Kubrick was the greatest director of our time, The Shining being his magnum opus.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Silent Hill Revelation

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 13:49)
Silent Hill Revelation

Re-read the sub-title of the topic, please wink.gif

I heard great things about 237. I've watched a good few films this week. I'll pop back and write something later.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Menace 2 society(last night)
After playing San Andreas I really wanted to see Boyz n the hood so I watched it 3 years ago.
Until now,I had also seen Juice,New Jack city,blood in blood out,colors...
but I hadn't seen the biggest,most known with better critics movie oof all these hood dramas...
it had been chosen by people as better than boyz n the hood and I didn't think that was possible
so I watched Menace 2 society...That's all!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (gta player13 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 17:25)
After playing San Andreas I really wanted to see Boyz n the hood so I watched it 3 years ago.
but I hadn't seen the biggest,most known with better critics movie oof all these hood dramas...
it had been chosen by people as better than boyz n the hood and I didn't think that was possible

Have you watched Don't Be A Menace To Society While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood? biggrin.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Oz: the Great and Powerful

It was okay. I thought Raimi did an excellent job of creating a feeling that was not far off from 'the Wizard of Oz'. I enjoyed the story for the most part. Thought it was f*cked up how The Wicked Witch became the green skinned pointy nosed cackler, not the method so much as the reason. I ended up wishing that she'd turn good, but realized it could never be. Mila Kunis is freakin hot, though.

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 18:19)
QUOTE (gta player13 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 17:25)

Have you watched Don't Be A Menace To Society While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood? biggrin.gif

I haven't. Do you have a copy? I'll trade you some cheeeeeeeseburgers for it maaaannn!!!!!!

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I watched The Green Mile, again... Great viewing experience every time round.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Don't leave Earth without it.
user posted image
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is adapted from the Richard Adams book, TV series and radio series of the same name. It tells the story of a normal Englishman named Arthur Dent (Martin Freeman) whose house gets torn down to make way for a bypass, but as it turns out, that's the least of his problems. The Earth then gets demolished but he is saved by his humanoid alien friend Ford Prefect (Mos Def). And it only gets weirder from there.

I managed to catch this on BBC2 last night and it still entertained me. My favourite line is this:
Life. Don't talk to me about life. - Marvin the Paranoid Android

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Just saw Oz the great and powerful, the story was interesting (if you've seen The Wizard of Oz from the '30s) the special effects were TERRIBLE at some points, and actually made me laugh. The acting was ok, at some points it seemed patronizing, like they were acting really bad on purpose.

I'd give it 7/10.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Watched Django Unchained a few hours. Loved the movie, especially the shootout after King kills Candie, the scene where the KKKs are trying to put bags on their heads, and the scene with King and Django's confrontation with the sheriffs.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 00:21)
QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Saturday, Mar 9 2013, 13:49)
Silent Hill Revelation

Re-read the sub-title of the topic, please wink.gif

I heard great things about 237. I've watched a good few films this week. I'll pop back and write something later.

Oops sorry about that! Forgot to post what I actually thought of the movie. It was great... So much like the game reckon Adelaide did a great job in her role as Heather.

gordoroth
  • gordoroth

boy

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

seriously toy story 3 blush.gif blush.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

I'm watching Four Brothers.

Up to the point after they shoot the teenager

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Wow Foley, I am currently watching the same movie on TV.

As for the last movie I saw in theaters, its was "The Last Exorcism Part II". The movie was pretty f*cking sh*tty and a waste of money overall. A few slight chuckles here and there, and nothing more. The supposedly scary bits were not scary at all. The only part I liked was at the end when the girl accepted and gave into her demonic persona.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Oh man, parts like that get me emotional sad.gif

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Django Unchained.

Best. f*cking. Movie. Ever.

I can't express with words the love I have for Quentin Tarantino.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm currently watching Sisterakas copy on our TV, and I'm just laughing hard so much of this. The story is kind of light but some lines really do make me laugh.
Planning to watch Sinister and Skyfall very soon.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Bleach Fade to Black

It is a very good Anime movie, it is well executed in terms of story and character development. The movie revolves around Rukia, who has been wiped from existence and everyone's memory of her. I recommend to all fans of the Bleach Anime.

user posted image

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Been watching some of Studio Ghibli's movies these past couple days. Yesterday me and the gf (she's Japanese) sat down to watch Grave of the Fireflies.

Solid movie. Very good writing. The design of the characters and the environments was really good too. Also, very very depressing. I had problems getting the last couple scenes off my mind while trying to sleep. Highly recommend it.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by shiva s, 03 April 2013 - 04:20 AM.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

I shoved my head into this last night. It's nothing more than an utterly predictable and cliché-ridden movie. Matthew McConaughey plays the lead-role in this movie. He's a Photographer by profession and also an avid womaniser. He's a kind of guy who loves sticking his dick into every woman's vaga-vaga, he crosses path. I love, how this movie succeeds in delivering it's message, "How sleeping with every woman you see, is never a good idea." So, did Matthew ends up getting HIV? No, no but a series of event which unfolds later-on in this movie opens his eye. One would assume that, the movie is a winner judging by the opening scene but they would later realise that they were literally wrong. The plot of this movie is a bit complicated but it's easily predictable. Matthew is invited to his brother's wedding, he arrives there on the day before the wedding and finds his long-time friend and also one among his ditched gfs, Jenny. Jenny warns Matthew to not cause any trouble considering the fact that, majority of the guests to the wedding are young, hot-looking chicks for which Matthew replies casually and moves on. Unfortunately, Matthew fails in keeping up his word as he ends up drawing flak from the bride and her father. He later retreats to his suit to have a drink only to found the ghost of Uncle Ryan. Uncle Ryan is someone who Matthew considers as his idol. Uncle Ryan informs him that his suit room is gonna be invaded by three ghosts. Matthew laughs this off and thinks he's probably drunk and seeing things but later realises that, what uncle said was true. His suit room gets invaded by the ghosts of three girls separately who takes him to past, present and future respectively. After getting baffled by the time travel, he realises what an asshole he was and helps his brother in getting married to the bride. He regrets on being a womaniser and ends up getting commited to Jenny and credits roll.

This film which is a romantic-comedy failed in blowing me up. It lacks humour, however small bit of humours such as, when Matthew tries to seduce and score on the bride's mother - who looks like a MILF - whilst, offering her a drink, with the bartender aside and as he recieves a GREEN signal from her, the bartender applauses and asks, "Does this work on guys too?" and when Uncle Wayne opens an umberlla and informs Matthew that, all the condoms he [Matthew] used until now are gonna pour down from the sky as rain and thousands of condoms pours from the sky. Those are some well-sketched bits. Overall, the movie is not much of a romantic-comedy and if you're looking for one then, you're probably barking at the wrong tree.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

I finally got around to watching Final Destination 5. It was actually better than what I had expected.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Tyler Perry's "Temptation", which was released this past Friday. I doubt there are many people here who watch Tyler Perry films, but this one was f*cking superb. I am going to see it again.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just watched True Romance, awesome old school style movie, some very good acting scenes that I will never forget. I like this scene especially, the fact that the dad knew that they were just going to torture him if he didn't give up his son and out of love for his family, he angers the mobsters so much that they just kill him. Very strong, emotional scene to me.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I can quote that scene word for word. True Romance is actually one of my favourite films. I love it. Gary Oldman as Drxyl is amazing.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Last movie I watched was Paranormal Activity 4... Well, it pretty much sucked... In my opinion, the best one from the series is P.A. 3...

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by The Pizza Delivery Guy, 21 April 2013 - 07:04 AM.

Well, I literally just finished watching Wrong Turn 4. God damn I hate movies that end this way. f*cking pointless.

Wrong Turn 5 is next on Sci Fi. Hopefully This too will not end in an obvious sequel cliffhanger type deal

EDIT: f*ck me. That was unbelievable. I can't believe Wrong Turn 5 exists. That was horrendous.

Okay, for starters I love Doug Bradley. He is an amazing actor and I love his voice. He is the only likable antagonist in Wrong Turn I have seen in the entire series. The hicks in the movie are, like usual, undeveloped and completely unlikable as antagonists.

Ill cover this again later in a full review of Wrong Turn on my YouTube channel.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I watched American Psycho, Conspiracy Theory, Traffic and The Hunger Games in the last three days. All brilliant.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Natural Born Killers last night, one of the better thrillers of the 90s in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users