Last Movie You've Seen

4,415 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

The new Jumanji movie, it was pretty fun.

Batman Who Laughs
  • Batman Who Laughs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 6 days ago

51SegWKormL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I thought it was kinda funny tbh.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 5 days ago

Finally watched the new It this weekend. Loved it! Brilliant and one of the best horror movies I've seen in many years. Looking forward to chapter 2.

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 days ago

The Deer Hunter, again a very long movie but the Vietnam-segment and the mountain scenery are amazing. Also the Russian roulette-scene is one of the best scenes ever.

AzrylGaming
  • AzrylGaming

AzrylGaming: Homecoming!!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A day ago

Last movie i'm watch was Tokyo Ghoul Live Action The Movie...well,it was pretty cool...but,in the TV Series,im watch it non stop,from this Anime,watch it full 1 Season,then go to other Anime,watch 1 season...and it was gonna happen forever

By the way,i'm Otaku :v
Weaboo was a onion :v
Anime for Life
Rockstar for Life :v

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A day ago

Molly's Game, 2018

Great film (based on a true story) about an American Olympic skier, Molly Bloom who ended up running legal then illegal high-stakes poker games in Hollywood and New York involving politicians, celebrities and then eventually the Russian Mob. She earned millions from these games and then the FBI went after her and caught her. This film came a good time for me as I'm really into poker but what I find fascinating is that after watching I, Tonya and now this, that there are great films out there with incredible stories about female characters with very unusual lives and it makes for a nice change. I'm no feminist and despise forcing equality of outcome (not to be mistaken for equal opportunity) but I'm definitely on-board with genuinely good films with strong female leads, as opposed something cynical like the Ghostbusters debacle. 

Molly Bloom is played by Jessica Chastain who nails the role. First noticed her from A Most Violent Year, a film I've harped on about enough here. Idris Elba plays her legal aid, a very likable, virtuous lawyer and Michael Cera plays the role of "Player X" which for presumably legal terms couldn't use the real Hollywood actors name whom I looked it up as is apparently supposed to be Tobey Maguire who's a total poker shark. Kevin Costner plays Molly Bloom's psychologist father. Great to see him in good role in a good film. Also, Chris O'Dowd makes a great appearance. 

It's written and directed by Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men, The Social Network, Moneyball).

L18-5-Promo-Tile-MOLLYS-GAME-See-it-Firs

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users