Last Movie You've Seen

4,275 replies to this topic
Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've worked with Tom Hardy, briefly back in '08/09 and he didn't break character. I didn't know who he was at the time, well, it was just before he really shot to international fame and we were all blown away by him on set. He had such a presence. 

Mind if I ask, what you did as a job to work with Hardy? sounds like a cool experience.

No worries man, nothing fancy. I was an extra for a few scenes in The Take. Luckily I got picked to be one ot the friends of a stag-do/bachelor party at a small strip club and we got some time to chat in between takes. When I say chat, It was mostly him ripping the piss out of the shirt I was wearing and me slagging him back because he was wearing two watches on one wrist. But he did in the accent he kept in the film so I didn't what to say. I know it's acting but I genuinely thought he was an east London geezer that would smash my head in if I looked at him wrongly, lol. 

Last film I watched was Moonlight (2016)

I'v been trying to find The Take online but to no avail. I think it's the last bit of on screen Hardy i'v not watched yet.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is there any shop that I can buy digital movie and keep it as a file? In other words, no DRM.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Drop (2014)

The_Drop_Poster.jpg

Just got round to watching this film just then. Brilliant film and Tom Hardy always puts on a great performance, the guy is a force to be reckoned. Every step of the way he made his character likable, like you get to know him in every scene, slowly progressing to fully understand his character. And once again, the way he can use his eyes, especially in this film, is brilliant. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The-Congress-2014-movie-poster.jpg

Robin Wright stars as a version of herself in this ambitious sci-fi movie. In this reality computer technology has advanced to the stage that a persons whole likeness can be transferred to a digital version of themselves. A version which is identical to the person in every way. And the industry which is making the most of this technology? The movie industry.

All the movie studios are scanning and creating a digital version of actors so they can create movies faster, easier, and cheaper than before. In exchange for their likeness the actor recieved a large cash sum. Robin Wright grudingly agrees to this procedure. Twenty years then pass and she makes her way to The Congress convention, where she will become a part of the future of cinema. 

The cinematography is excellent with the process of creating Robin's digital self a stand out scene. It is worth pointing out though that the majority of the movie is animation, something I was not aware of at the time of watching. Animation is a format I'm not particularly fond of so while the story and themes explored were interesting I found it hard to get properly invested. However this is only my own bias. If you enjoy or don't mind animation then it probably won't be an issue.   

The movie is based on The Futurological Congress, a novel by Stanisław Lem. After watching the movie I may read the book, the concept, scope and imagination of the movie was impressive, so the book could be a good read.
  • Crokey likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

MV5BNGFkMjEwYjQtYzYxMy00MWNlLWFhN2MtYTM3

For starters: shout out to Mister Pink for giving me a way of watching this. Couldn't have done it without you.

While I realize that this was released as a TV mini series, it clocks in at about 3 hours and I binged it like a movie so hey-ho; i'm going to talk about it here.

And what a surprise it was. The Take was surprising in more ways than one; a story chronicling a decade in the life of decadent sociopath Freddie Jackson [played by the ever so amazing Tom Hardy] and his cousin Jimmy. I thought I was getting into a sort of Snatch meets Goodfellas thing here; a british take on a story we all know and love but really it's more of a character study revolving around its two central characters -  and it somewhat reminds me of another show starring Tom Hard: Taboo. But where as Taboo merely flirted with the concept of an antagonist for a protagonist; often resorting to making its own James Delaney more of an anti hero, Freddie Jackson is just a plain awful sociopath.

He maims, murders, abuses, rapes, steals....this guy is completely and utterly despicable but you're still glued to the screen the whole way through. There are twisted cracks of vulnerability that shine through Hardy's nuanced performance - and that's when The Take is at it's darkest and most sickening, when you relate to such an unhinged, violent menace.

Would absolutely recommend to Hardy fans and also people just looking for a good crime drama to sink their teeth into.

• Mister Pink and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Titanic.

I've always loved this movie (and not just because we get to see Kate Winslet in the nude. Ok it's one reason), but as far as romantic dramas go it's always been a favourite of mine.

Hard to think it was released nearly 20 years ago. I still remember seeing it at the cinema infact. Never really watched 3+ hour epics much back then.
  • That Guy There likes this

Orenai
  • Orenai

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Spider-Man: Returning Home (2017)

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

5930424b7144d_ForrestGump1994.jpg.36d0f3

Finally got round to watching all of this, from beginning to the very, very end. Although sort of qwerky, this film really is brilliant and narratively amazing. I'm glad I watched this film now though, otherwise I wouldn't of understood all the history references when I was younger. Tom Hanks did an absolute brilliant job.  :^:  

• Mister Pink likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 4 days ago

Kong Skull Island.
Love my monster movies but this was by far one of the worst.

Terrible Plot, terrible acting (except maybe for Reilly), characters that barely say or do anything like the Chinese chick; a massive hurricane surrounding the island that doesn't even create a ripple in the ocean and that is safe enough for choppers to fly through no problem; people walking away from chopper crashes without even a scratch; a gigantic ape that moves and acts way too human for my liking and that can sneak up to people without making a sound; just ONE giant solitary spider, ONE giant squid that managed to survive in pretty shallow water for all those years, ONE giant solitary (and pointless) log insect thing, and couple of solitary giant buffulo things.... All these giant creatures well hidden by blending in with the environment until they start moving... I mean Come. Onnnn!

Just as bad as Jurassic World.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Everyone needs to drop whatever they're doing right now and go see Baby Driver. It's one of the best action/driving movies I have seen in a VERY long time. Here's the opening scene in case any of you are still on the fence

• Crokey, Mister Pink, That Guy There and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 days ago

Just finished Jason Goes To Hell and whilst I'm a fan of the Friday The 13th franchise (obviously :p) I really don't think they're the best movies to watch back to back.

Besides Jason (duh), Pamela and Tommy every other character is completely forgettable IMO even watching them in sequence. I think they're great movies to watch isolated months even years apart, but not for binging.

I'd say it'll be all while until my next run of all the movies. To be honest I kinda prefer Jason X and Freddy vs Jason to the original 9 anyway.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 days ago

Double feature, the A Nightmare On Elm Street, and Friday the 13th remakes. They were f*cking awful, lmao.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 days ago

Double feature, the A Nightmare On Elm Street, and Friday the 13th remakes. They were f*cking awful, lmao.

I've always liked them. Whilst I get how some others might to me their remakes are still in touch with their original counterparts for the most part. The Rob Zombie remakes of Halloween and Halloween II, not so much IMO. Not terrible movies by any stretch, but they just ended up being gore fests with tits and ass sprinkled in which the original two were anything, but.

The A Nightmare On Elm Street remake in particular I enjoyed as they removed the silly and un-necessary comic relief of Freddy's character from the later movies and made him dark and menacing like how he originally was. I guess it's hard to live up to Robert Englund's portrayal, but Jackie Earl Haley still done a pretty good solid job I feel. :)

• Wu-Tang Forever and Payne Killer like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A day ago

The remake had an interesting premise making Freddy Krueger innocent but they done f*cked it all up in the third act.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

file_560543_bullhead-poster_0222012_1154
Bullhead stars Matthias Schoenaerts as a steroid addicted cattle farmer who becomes embroiled in a cop killing. He gives a powerhouse of a performance as Jackie, an imposing, brutish figure with deep seated issues. Jackie carries himself with a physicality and a looming aggression which is palpable.

Background on Jackie is given through flashbacks which add more depth to his character. They don't overstay their welcome, providing you with a more nuanced view of him and others, giving you a greater insight into what drives them, and why they are this way. The storyline in compelling but if the movie decided to just be a character study on Jackie if would still be an engrossing watch.

It's gritty, dark, and at times brutal. It's a powerhouse of a performance from Schoenaerts and is a damn good movie.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago Edited by Wu-Tang Forever, 16 hours ago.

Today I bought and watched both The Fate of the Furious and Kong: Skull Island.

Fate of the Furious I really liked. I'm just recently getting into this series and have only seen Fast Five and Furious 7 (I did just recently buy all of them on Blu, though, so I'll get to the rest eventually), so it might not have had the impact it otherwise would have if I had seen all the others beforehand, but it was really enjoyable and engaging even for a relative newbie like me. All the emotional beats worked for me and the action, oh my god it was crazy. Though it did kind of bug me how they cast Imperator Furiosa in the movie franchise about driving cars, and just had her doing hacker stuff straight outta Watch Dogs. She played a great, loathsome villain I wholeheartedly hate, but I'd have liked to have seen her maybe get behind the wheel to take the heroes on head-on. I dunno.

Spoiler

Kong: Skull Island really blew me away though. It's just such a cool, stylish movie, and setting it in the early post-Vietnam '70s was such a great idea. Great cast of characters, all kinds of cool (and freaky... that f*cking spider...) monster action, Kong himself being f*cking HUGE and it's implied that he's gonna grow even bigger (!), and a solid mix of action/adventure and horror? I loved every minute of it. Great cast and performances all around, but John C. Reilly was definitely the MVP IMO. It also really gave me Jurassic Park vibes, even moreso than the two last actual JP movies did (as much as I enjoyed Jurassic World) - I mean, they even have Sam Jackson say "Hold on to your butts!" :p

Also I got a kick out of seeing Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell in the same movie again after Straight Outta Compton. I guess Dr. Dre and Eazy-E had relatives who served in 'Nam and then got roped into going to the island from Hell where they nearly got f*cked up by giant spiders, freaky dinosaur things and a bigass gorilla? Haha. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users