Last Movie You've Seen

4,239 replies to this topic
GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I watched Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 yesterday.Very good movie,I liked it a lot.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 2 weeks ago.

it-follows-movie-poster.jpg
It Follows
Chilling, creepy, thrilling. Three words which describe It Follows. A horror about a woman who is stalked by a supernatural entity after having sex with her boyfriend. How to stop the curse? Pass it to somebody else through sex. 

It keeps you on the edge of your seat, waiting for this supernatural being to appear, and when it does the tension ratchets up, and the anticipation for the next fright keeps you on edge.The relationship between the main character and her friends feels natural and authentic, they are not pawns without character development, existing just as cannon fodder for the enemy. They are believable characters reacting to an unbelieveable event. 

The eerie score and the excellent cinematography add to the creepy, slightly melancholic atmosphere which permeates the movie. There are a lot of wide shots throughout, and when they appear you find yourself scanning the background lest the creature appears without you noticing.

All in all an unnerving, tense watch, which is entertaining throughout.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

lmao, still the best of the series with Tyrese.
  • gtaoplayer likes this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Planet Of the Apes, the original. Charlton Heston was such an awesome actor.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

I watched all 4 movies from Jurassic Park series (first 3 were on TV from monday to wednesday,and then yesterday I watched Jurassic World as well,since I have it on DVD).I really love those movies,and I'm also quite nostalgic about the first 3,since I first watched them as a kid.I can't wait for the fifth movie,I've heard it will be released next year.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 5 days ago

Con Air. It never struck me how much John Malkovich looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin.
  • gtaoplayer likes this

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

I´m the beast that descends from shadows.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 5 days ago

Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo... now I´m so confused.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

Shooter, the one with Mark Whalberg Walhberg Walbergh idk.

I kinda spoiled it for myself since I saw the Netflix spin-off series earlier this year. Though, some things were different I knew in what direction the movie was going. Still fun to watch.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 days ago

Friday The 13th (2009 remake). Even as a fan of the original movies I just don't get the criticism for this one.

I like that Jason has more hunter like skills and they attempted to give him a bit more depth, but not too much to be a cliche "child grew up in a bad environment and suffered abuse" like Michael Myers in the Halloween remakes.

It's blended just right IMO.

Oh and Bree's stupendous tits are nice.;)
  • Payne Killer and Neon_Dreaming like this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 8 hours ago

Interstellar

Interstellar_film_poster.jpg

It's been sat on my Amazon Prime list for a while and I caught up with last week, since there was eff all on TV and it's a lengthy film.

Overall the film was alright alright alright, no actually it was great.  The film has an almost 2001 Space Odyssey vibe to it. with a little bit Contact thrown in.  Good storyline and scripting, the acting was great by all involved, the special effects were fantastic but not fantastical, which is a good thing. 

The thing that let the whole film down and stops it from being an epic film, is something which is becoming a plague in Hollywood these days, and Directors and Sound Editors need to quit it, although it's mainly down to directing.  Whisper Acting.  Look, we get it, we get that you want people to go and see it in the Cinema, and this would've been alright in a theater setting.  But it has to be remembered that it doesn't translate well to the home market and you end up sitting there with your thumb on the volume buttons on the remote having to turn it up when their whispering and the turning the volume right down when it jumps to another scene.

If you've got a home cinema setup and you don't have neighbors to consider so can afford to pump the volume up, then you'll probably really enjoy it.  If you're just watching it off your normal TV then you'll hate the audio set up and it will end up distracting you from the film.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users