Photo

Last Movie You've Seen

4,275 replies to this topic
Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:31 AM Edited by Mukkus, 10 May 2017 - 03:35 AM.

I assumed this to be about race relations, yet was surprised to find an M Night type flick.

• Mister Pink likes this

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

Not even joking, this series could have just been left with 2...or 1.

HO00004102.jpg

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2. It was pretty good, definitely developed all the characters more and humor was still good. This and the first one are probably my favorite films in the MCU though I'm not a huge fan of that film universe in general.

I also saw Logan recently which I'd say is pretty close to being the best super hero film I've seen(competing closely with the Dark Knight trilogy for me). I'd love to see more gritty comic book films like that with some actual heavy hitting drama or more films like the 2012 Dredd film which was just plain badass. Good thing that Fox doesn't seem to be afraid of doing R-rated films.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

Mindhorn%20poster.jpeg

Mindhorn played by the Mighty Boosh's Julian Barratt is a film about a washed up 80's TV detective who police get in touch with because there's an alleged serial killer that believes Mindhorn is a real detective and that he wants to speak with him only. I really enjoyed it. If you like humour about washed up or comical f*ck-up characters like Alan Partridge, Dave Brent of The Office, you might get a chuckle out of this. It also satirizes bad 80's TV detective shows pretty funnily. 

Spoiler

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Passengers_v1_656x988_500.jpg

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). Even though, it's mainly filled with humor and stuff, it has some touching scenes.

xxi
  • xxi

pretty n nasty

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Sex_Ed_poster.jpg

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:23 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 17 May 2017 - 07:23 PM.

Just saw Guardians Of The Galaxy 2,it's an awesome movie,very funny.The ending is quite sad,but I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

It was Beauty and the Beast, 10/10, Emma is a wonderful actress

xxi
  • xxi

pretty n nasty

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

No279-My-The-Virgin-Suicides-minimal-mov
  • Mister Pink likes this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

expletive deleted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Gave these ones another watch this weekend.

Time_Lapse_Poster.jpg

Project_Almanac_poster.jpg

220px-Timecopposter.jpg

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

This is love. Love hurts.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:38 PM Edited by Payne Killer, 21 May 2017 - 11:41 PM.

cover_protector_fi.jpg
I remember watching this movie years ago, I was like 10 lmao. It still holds up, I've seen the sequel and it was alright, decent movie, first one is better.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

large_on9JlbGEccLsYkjeEph2Whm1DIp.jpg

f*cking pikeys, am I right?

Snatch is essentially a British crisscross of Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction and Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas, a stylish gangster movie with distinctive style and cutting wit, there is no shortage of charm, character and twists and turns to keep you at the edge of your seat. It has Guy Ritchie written all over it, and more importantly it feels British. It's a familiar movie set in an unfamiliar culture which keeps things fresh. With an ensemble cast; names such as Jason Statham, Stephen Graham, Vinnie Jones and Brad Pitt [who was very compelling I feel, despite the accent] it's just a great fun time that manages to be both complex with its double sided story and easy to follow and enjoy.

Chek it out.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:27 PM Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 25 May 2017 - 03:33 PM.

Scarlet-Johansson-Lucy-Poster.jpg

A sci-fi thriller starring Scarlett Johansson as Lucy, a woman who is forced to smuggle a new fangled drug for a ruthless gangster. When the drug is released into her system she finds that she is gaining abilities and power beyond comprehension. Thus she enlists the help of a renowned professor known for his study of the brain who is played by Morgan Freeman, all the while fighting back against the gangsters who want their merchandise back.

A movie with some great visuals effects and action scenes which draw you into the world of this person who is unlocking the hidden power of the brain. Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman are both well suited to their roles. Choi Min-Sik of Oldboy fame is chilling as the ruthless gangster who is after Lucy.
  • Mukkus and gtaoplayer like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:58 PM Edited by Leftist Bastard, 28 May 2017 - 05:08 PM.

MV5BMjA5NjM3NTk1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg1

Sicario is just a movie that has it all, in spades.

This might be a second viewing, but my experience hasn't been lessened in any shape, way or form. Sicario, in my opinion, still remains a fantastic piece of subversive cinema; and possibly Denis Villeneuve's finest offering. set in Jaurez during the height of cartel violence and corruption, it's top billing is reserved for Emily Blunt; who no doubt puts on a good show as an idealistic cop forced to face the realities of Juarez and what she fights for; but ultimately I feel feel as if the movie was truly anchored by her co-star Benicio Del Toro, who's performance managed to capture the intensity of the story so perfectly. A character we can despite and sympathize with all the same, it's a sort of moral ambiguity that could not be portrayed better by anyone else.

And really that's where Sicario's true strength comes from: it's moral ambiguities and its script. It's a story that takes a familiar mold and shatters it into a million different pieces. When you look at script writer's Taylor Sheridan's background as a small character actor who's been put through inane script after inane script, it all sort of clicks together. For Sicario's best moments come from luring the viewer into a false sense of security and expectation before twisting it all on it's head. It's engaging, thought provoking and a tense nail biter from start to finish.

Definitely recommend.

EDIT:

The_Ghost_Writer_poster.png

The Ghost Writer is an absurd movie. Roman Polanski's political thriller flirts between the serious and whimsical, between an intriguing mystery and the frighteningly real.

It's a weird comparison but it kinda reminded me of Harry Potter for about two thirds of the movie. The atmosphere, central sense of mystery and in particular the music were all reminiscent of that sort of adventure. But then as the movie delves deeper into its conspiracies and characters it takes a darker, more serious tone and becomes a more conventional thriller. And a fine one at that, with a sucker punch of an ending.

• Mister Pink, MiamiViceCity, Arthur Fookin Shelby and 1 other like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Classic
  • Neon_Dreaming and Travedge like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

https://youtu.be/8W0mvOsCiiQ
Classic

Such a good movie, like you said a classic. Karl Urban was the perfect choice for Dredd.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:24 AM Edited by Leftist Bastard, 30 May 2017 - 05:04 PM.

MV5BNzI5MzM3MzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTky

Alien Covenant is Ridley Scott proving his absolute mastery of the art of visual story telling. It's an absolutely gorgeous movie; from its creatures to its sets and cinematography; all feeding into numerous mythological references that have been poured into this franchise. It so perfectly captures the double sided horror and beauty of the series; the physical perfection of the xenomorphs contrasted so beautifully by their viciousness and brutality. The paradise we find our characters on, hiding so many monstrosities and tragedies past. 

But as a story? it's a bit more complicated than that. See I don't think it out right sucks like most of the internet has been saying; I think it's actually pretty good. Is it great? absolutely not. It's an uneven movie; where the lows are low and the highs are really high. The crew members are stupid, plain and simple. There are a lot of frustrating illogical decisions made here that you cannot make sense of in any way other than simply bad writing. They're half assed and underdeveloped. When the movie's focus is on them, and only on them, it's very easy to lose interest outside of your burning desire for them to get torn to bits for being so gosh darn stupid.

And then there's David who absolutely makes the film. He's a truly fascinating and incredibly compelling character; and the movie is at its best when it focuses on him and the philosophy behind his actions. He's an android seeking ascension; he doesn't want to be human. He wants to be more than human, he wants to create. To reach godhood. And it's through him and his counter part Walter that the movie truly shines.

It's not a scary movie, genuinely. It's more of an action-drama of sorts and when approached from that angle, I had a good time with it. I'm certainly invested enough to want to see where David's story comes full circle in Alien: Awakening. Now if only they could flesh out a whole cast half as good as they've done David, we'd have something really special in our hands.

220px-Traffic2000Poster.jpg

Traffic is a movie I appreciate. It's a high quality production with a multi arc story looking into different facets of the war on drugs. From the perspective of a Mexican cop to a drug lord's wife and a hard on drugs prosecutor, it's a very resonant movie with today's climate; smudgy in its moral compass it's certainly a thought provoking film. All punctuated by great performances all around; especially from Benicio Del Toro who's truly in his element as a flawed police man torn between the realities of survival in Mexico and what he knows to be the right thing.

But yet, I don't think i'm ever going to watch it again. I'm glad I did, but it's the kind of movie you watch and appreciate and maybe mull over when it's all said and done but it's just that, a one time experience. It's not particularly enjoyable to watch.

I'd recommend this for anyone interested in the subject matter or wanting a good, slow burn drama. You certainly won't regret it in that case.

• Mukkus likes this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

expletive deleted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

free_fire.jpg

This was better than I thought it would be. It's about a gun sale that goes wrong in 1970s Boston.. the whole movie takes place in some kind of factory/warehouse. 90 minutes of people shooting at each other while they're crawling across the floor and talking sh*t. Lol

Spoiler
  • Mister Pink likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

I bought Logan on blu ray.

It's just such a earnest take on the X-men, and a character which has become a mainstream superhero akin to Batman or Spider-Man. It's almost such a different tone that it feels like it's unrelated to the previous movies. As if it's not the same character. But show a person 12-15 years in the future after seeing them now, and they'll look different, especially after many psychological and physiological trauma.

I really wish they'd be so earnest in the other X-Men movies. I like Days of Future Past and Apocalypse, but they're cartoon-y. Hard to take serious. You "can't not" take Logan serious. I feel like those movies should split the difference like Marvel did with the two Captain America sequels. They're earnest feeling stories, that feel like they are drama scripts, but with comic book set pieces.

Jackman, Stewart, and Daphne Keen are all deserving of Oscar nominations, in my opinion. But you know how hard it is to get a genre movie any credit in Hollywood.
  • anthony and Travedge like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:12 PM Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 03 June 2017 - 06:22 PM.

blue_ruin.jpg

An engrossing and suspenseful revenge thriller revolving around a drifter who returns home for revenge when his parents killer is released. The protagonist is played by Macon Blair who is excellent in his role. His character is a sympathetic man who you feel for, who's pain is evident with every look and word he speaks. A character with nothing to lose who finds a purpose, and that purpose is revenge.

The movie is well shot and paced nicely, the atmosphere is one of despair and inevitability, the colour palette also reflects this, in every scene the colour blue is present, the blue representing sadness. You are witnessing a gentle man, a now broken man who is turning to violence in order to avenge those whom he loved.

I would highly recommend this movie, it keeps you engrossed throughout, with some edge of your seat moments. A movie which stays with you after the credits roll.
  • Mister Pink, Payne Killer and gtaoplayer like this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:23 PM Edited by Mukkus, 4 weeks ago.

MV5BNzI5MzM3MzkxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTky

I agree with everything you said. This flick had so much potential 30 mins in, considering the premise and lush world they landed in. I should've known  that stupidity would ensue  as soon as the pilot yelled that they'd have to make a  hard water landing, for example.

The cast was forgettable, besides David. I mean this literally. I couldn't remember anyone's names even while watching this half-baked spectacle. There  are no Hudsons or Newts to be found here, so just keep it moving.

The ending was predictable, and it was just a matter of guessing in which manner it would be executed.

I honestly enjoyed Life more, though it didn't exactly light up the box office.

• Payne Killer likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

lmao. I've seen this movie so many times, still my favorite scene.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:06 AM Edited by Achlys, 05 June 2017 - 02:08 AM.

Wonder Woman, it was p dope. Miles away from being as good as Logan, though, but still cool. Gal Gadot was awesome at kicking some ass.
Spoiler

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

tumblr_nsfi94c4Am1u5hsvao1_400.gif

I've been wanting to watch it for so long, now I'm glad I finally did. :]
  • Mister Pink and Mukkus like this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Fast & furious 8

Marvelous

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

Enemy of the state

Logan

Ocean's 11 12 13

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:47 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 06 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

To keep this from being just a spam topic of random titles, and to keep it interesting, please post at least one sentence about the movie you've seen. You can write as much as you want about the movie, write a book for all I care, but don't just post the title of the movie. Put at least some effort into it, even if it's just something like "It was good" or "I hated it". Thank you.

-darthYENIK, Movies & TV Ledby
  • Crokey and Mister Pink like this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

To keep this from being just a spam topic of random titles, and to keep it interesting, please post at least one sentence about the movie you've seen. You can write as much as you want about the movie, write a book for all I care, but don't just post the title of the movie. Put at least some effort into it, even if it's just something like "It was good" or "I hated it". Thank you.

-darthYENIK, Movies & TV Ledby

Makes me miss sub-titles for topics from the old forum.

Anywho onto a review

Star Trek (2009 reboot/hash/make)

I saw this a few years ago and I thought it was fairly average and with having Spock (Nimoy) in it, I thought it was more a lip service thing to the fans.  In my initial watch I didn't give it much attention at all as it seemed like yet another reboot/hash/make just like all the other reboot/hash/makes we're still getting inundated with these days (as an aside, this needs to stop, it's getting far too much), so I really didn't pay much attention to the plot.

With the new series starting soon on TV, I had a little time to review how it all fits in with the timeline of previous shows and films, and found that this version was in effect now set in a parallel reality.  So with this in mind, I've given it another watch, and I'm much more appreciative of the film than before, and I wouldn't have the same reservations about watching the further two installments in this branch of the universe.

However, despite the film being decent and a solid 8/10, I'm not really disappointed in the film or it's direction (story wise not directing), as it will kind of lend itself to giving us The Original Series crew with much better sets, special effects and production values, which the 1960's series couldn't deliver from being a product of its time. 

I'm still much more disappointed that option was taken to yet again go back over old ground instead of breaking new ground, much like this new series is going to be doing (and the reason why I don't rate Enterprise as a series).  I would much rather have had the same TV based timeline continue, with a newer generation taking the helm of the next incarnation of USS Enterprise, and for a sort of Star Trek Generations 2 to be made, by handing over the reins from Picard and co, to the newer generation, with the option to expand this into a full series.

• darthYENIK, Mister Pink, Neon_Dreaming and 1 other like this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

expletive deleted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Fist_Fight.png

Seen this yesterday.. it was exactly what I expected. I'd give it a 6.5/7 out of 10. (on the comedy scale)

I'm finally going to see Wonder Woman later on today. Some of the online reviews got me thinking that I'm not gonna like it.. but we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users