Photo

Last Movie You've Seen

4,216 replies to this topic
Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mukkus, 2 weeks ago.

I assumed this to be about race relations, yet was surprised to find an M Night type flick.

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not even joking, this series could have just been left with 2...or 1.

HO00004102.jpg

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2. It was pretty good, definitely developed all the characters more and humor was still good. This and the first one are probably my favorite films in the MCU though I'm not a huge fan of that film universe in general.

I also saw Logan recently which I'd say is pretty close to being the best super hero film I've seen(competing closely with the Dark Knight trilogy for me). I'd love to see more gritty comic book films like that with some actual heavy hitting drama or more films like the 2012 Dredd film which was just plain badass. Good thing that Fox doesn't seem to be afraid of doing R-rated films.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mindhorn%20poster.jpeg

Mindhorn played by the Mighty Boosh's Julian Barratt is a film about a washed up 80's TV detective who police get in touch with because there's an alleged serial killer that believes Mindhorn is a real detective and that he wants to speak with him only. I really enjoyed it. If you like humour about washed up or comical f*ck-up characters like Alan Partridge, Dave Brent of The Office, you might get a chuckle out of this. It also satirizes bad 80's TV detective shows pretty funnily. 

Spoiler

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Passengers_v1_656x988_500.jpg

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). Even though, it's mainly filled with humor and stuff, it has some touching scenes.

XXI
  • XXI

set 'em on fire

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago

Sex_Ed_poster.jpg

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA-Biker, A week ago.

Just saw Guardians Of The Galaxy 2,it's an awesome movie,very funny.The ending is quite sad,but I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet.

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It was Beauty and the Beast, 10/10, Emma is a wonderful actress

XXI
  • XXI

set 'em on fire

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago

No279-My-The-Virgin-Suicides-minimal-mov
  • Mister Pink likes this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

*gh0st*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Gave these ones another watch this weekend.

Time_Lapse_Poster.jpg

Project_Almanac_poster.jpg

220px-Timecopposter.jpg

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Lost in the motherf*cking mood.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Payne Killer, A week ago.

cover_protector_fi.jpg
I remember watching this movie years ago, I was like 10 lmao. It still holds up, I've seen the sequel and it was alright, decent movie, first one is better.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 5 days ago

large_on9JlbGEccLsYkjeEph2Whm1DIp.jpg

f*cking pikeys, am I right?

Snatch is essentially a British crisscross of Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction and Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas, a stylish gangster movie with distinctive style and cutting wit, there is no shortage of charm, character and twists and turns to keep you at the edge of your seat. It has Guy Ritchie written all over it, and more importantly it feels British. It's a familiar movie set in an unfamiliar culture which keeps things fresh. With an ensemble cast; names such as Jason Statham, Stephen Graham, Vinnie Jones and Brad Pitt [who was very compelling I feel, despite the accent] it's just a great fun time that manages to be both complex with its double sided story and easy to follow and enjoy.

Chek it out.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 3 days ago.

Scarlet-Johansson-Lucy-Poster.jpg

A sci-fi thriller starring Scarlett Johansson as Lucy, a woman who is forced to smuggle a new fangled drug for a ruthless gangster. When the drug is released into her system she finds that she is gaining abilities and power beyond comprehension. Thus she enlists the help of a renowned professor known for his study of the brain who is played by Morgan Freeman, all the while fighting back against the gangsters who want their merchandise back.

A movie with some great visuals effects and action scenes which draw you into the world of this person who is unlocking the hidden power of the brain. Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman are both well suited to their roles. Choi Min-Sik of Oldboy fame is chilling as the ruthless gangster who is after Lucy.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Leftist Bastard, 13 hours ago.

MV5BMjA5NjM3NTk1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg1

Sicario is just a movie that has it all, in spades.

This might be a second viewing, but my experience hasn't been lessened in any shape, way or form. Sicario, in my opinion, still remains a fantastic piece of subversive cinema; and possibly Denis Villeneuve's finest offering. set in Jaurez during the height of cartel violence and corruption, it's top billing is reserved for Emily Blunt; who no doubt puts on a good show as an idealistic cop forced to face the realities of Juarez and what she fights for; but ultimately I feel feel as if the movie was truly anchored by her co-star Benicio Del Toro, who's performance managed to capture the intensity of the story so perfectly. A character we can despite and sympathize with all the same, it's a sort of moral ambiguity that could not be portrayed better by anyone else.

And really that's where Sicario's true strength comes from: it's moral ambiguities and its script. It's a story that takes a familiar mold and shatters it into a million different pieces. When you look at script writer's Taylor Sheridan's background as a small character actor who's been put through inane script after inane script, it all sort of clicks together. For Sicario's best moments come from luring the viewer into a false sense of security and expectation before twisting it all on it's head. It's engaging, thought provoking and a tense nail biter from start to finish.

Definitely recommend.

EDIT:

The_Ghost_Writer_poster.png

The Ghost Writer is an absurd movie. Roman Polanski's political thriller flirts between the serious and whimsical, between an intriguing mystery and the frighteningly real.

It's a weird comparison but it kinda reminded me of Harry Potter for about two thirds of the movie. The atmosphere, central sense of mystery and in particular the music were all reminiscent of that sort of adventure. But then as the movie delves deeper into its conspiracies and characters it takes a darker, more serious tone and becomes a more conventional thriller. And a fine one at that, with a sucker punch of an ending.

• Mister Pink, MiamiViceCity and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Lost in the motherf*cking mood.

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 hours ago

Classic

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 8 hours ago

https://youtu.be/8W0mvOsCiiQ
Classic

Such a good movie, like you said a classic. Karl Urban was the perfect choice for Dredd.
  • Payne Killer likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users