• coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (serialmondi @ Jan 6 2011, 16:20)
How do I bring the same line Handles ?

http://img217.images...729/adszwoz.png

You have to edit the model. Learn the basics of 3D MAX, there are many tutorials in the internet.

serialmondi
  • serialmondi

DarkTerror

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

I use Vertex, Element and other editable mesh selection tools but i can't bring the same line Handles :S

e-mass123
  • e-mass123

Jump the f*ck up!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:02 AM Edited by e-mass123, 11 December 2011 - 10:07 AM.

Hi mr. coin god i have a question, is it necessary to texturize the model for example your model in the tutorial before you can use it in-game? thnx i have problem with textuing on 3dsmax it doesn't show right when i assign the textures on 3dsmax(on which i use downloaded models from web) .. doesn't show right it just show black OR do i really make the textures ?? thx ! pls rep i will gladly appreciate it thnx very much lol.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

If the textures are not applied it may look white ingame. You should looks for some tutorials in Google on how to apply the textures in MAX.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Where can I find a GTA SA T-Pose Ped?

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Monday, Jan 9 2012, 17:07)
Where can I find a GTA SA T-Pose Ped?

Look around for some mods. I think some of my mods are in T pose.

Michael.Knight1
  • Michael.Knight1

Knight Rider

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi Guy ! ! !

Pleasse Haw To Make A Ped For GTA SA With 3d Max

BEASTXxWOLF
  • BEASTXxWOLF

AlcatrazIV

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Help its giving me an error,this object is not skinned correctly.Skin modifier must be at the topmost of the stack!!!!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

The Skin modifier must be at the top of the modifiers stack. You obviously messed up somewhere. Start again.

IntelGma4500sucks
  • IntelGma4500sucks

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Feb 11 2009, 23:15)
3. Rigging the Model

Ok, now the model is ready to be rigged. Now you can use my method or use Creative_Madman's one. But if you are reading this tutorial its because you want to use mine tounge.gif . So lets get started

Select the Skined Character (The one you imported from SA) and go to Editable Mesh in Modifier Tab, Hit ok. Go to Vertex Mode and select the whole mesh. All the "Dots" will be Red now.
user posted image
Under "Edit Geometry" click on "Attach" and select your model, hit OK in the dialog. Now Press Delete key and the old Skinned PED will be erased. Now you only will see your model with the skeleton on it.
Leave Attach by clicking on it again and leave Vertex Mode.
user posted image
You are done. The model is rigged. But this method will make bugs, so the model is not really fully done. It has bugs that you have to fix manually.

If you dont want to fix thouse bugs you can export the model and it will work in SA, but you will see the bugs. So if you want to fix them you will have to continue reading the Step 4 of this tutorial.

4. Fixing Bugs

As i mentioned at the beggining of this Tutorial, this method isnt the best, but its the easier and quickest. But that sacrifises the quality of the rigging.
Most of the models you will rigg with this method will have bugs, specially on the Legs.
You may ask why? Well, if you didnt notice, this method "copyes" the Skin from a Model to another. While doing this, the skin modifier will apply the same values as applyed in the original model, but the new model is diferent from the old one, so some verticles are assigned wrong.

So in order to finish the rigging you have to fix this. You will need to read Creative_Madman's tuto here:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=265657

So now lets continue, now you may check all the bones to see if they are ok. You will probably find problems with the Thighs and Calfs. Like in this pic.
user posted image
Thats normal, now you have to use your knowledge from Creative_Madman's Tuto to fix thouse bugs. How? Assigning the verticles which are assigned to the wrong bone.. to the right one.
So go to the Skin modifier check Verticles (under Select) and have a look at the L Thigh
user posted image
You see many dots in the Left Thigh, thats ok, thouse are the verticles which move with the L Thigh bone. Bbut notice a few dots in the R Thigh.. that not ok, you cant move your Left Thigh and move some parts of your Right Thigh with it. So you will select thouse dots and assign them to the R Thigh.
And do the same with the R Thigh, it will have some dots in the Left one aswell.

So at the end each Thigh will move only the verticles from each thigh.
user posted image

Do the same with the calfs and any other problematic bone. And you model will be fully rigged.

5. Exporting the Model

If everything is ok, textured model and rigged. You can now Export it. In order to do it open the DFF IO from Kam's Scripts. Click on the Model only and in the DFF IO dialog select the GTA the model is for and Check "Skip COL" and then click on "Bones/Skin Export"

Select the destination folder and let Max do its job. Then you have to make the TXD for it, but i wont cover that part.
user posted image
Hope it helped.

Coin-goD

Gotta a problem mate, I use that vertex and the sh*t's just beginning... I know there are just blue dots not triangles etc. help me

IntelGma4500sucks
  • IntelGma4500sucks

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Feb 11 2009, 01:16)
1. Reqerimients

In order to Rig a Model you will need a copy of 3D Studio MAX, in this tutorial i will use version 9. And in order to import/export Skeleton Data and models you will need the KAM Max Scripts.

You can get an useless free 30-Trial version of 3D Studio Max from here:
http://usa.autodesk....3112&id=5659302

And you may download the KAM scripts from here:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=218318
Or here:
http://www.geocities...scriptslist.htm

Note: If this is your first attempt with 3D Studio Max, i recommend you to read some tutorials in the Net to cover the basics of the program. Or read the Help and mini tutos that came with the program Itself.

Warning:
This method is not the better way to RIG. I highly recommend to read Creative_Madman's Rigging tutorial too. In fact in order to have your model rigged with this method you will need to know how to assign verticles to each bone too. Because if you dont the model will have many bugs.

In order to rig with this method, you need that your model and the model you will use as Skeleton are in the SAME pose.
Both model must be in the same pos, if your is is T pose, the Rigged ped has to be rigged in T pose too. Dont move the bones, it wont work.

Example:
user posted image user posted image

Here you can check Creative_Madman's Simplest Rigging Tutorial in the Univese:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=265657

Or Kam's Rigging tutorial (Pretty OLD):
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=177702

2. Preparing the Model

Ok, now you are ready to start. Open 3D Studio Max and you will see something like this:
user posted image
When you start 3ds Max, the main screen contains four equal-sized viewports. The one in the lower right is a perspective view, and the others correspond to the three views: top, front, left. By default, the perspective view is Smooth and Highlights.

You can choose different views to display in these four viewports as well as different layouts from the viewport right-click menu. I will change it so i can work with only 1 Viewport, but you can work with all of them if you want. I will Maximeze the Perspective Viewport, to do so Select the viewport you want to maximize (In my case the Perspective one) and click Alt+W.

Note: In case you have to Open a MAX file to open the model you want to rig, you have to do it after doing it.
user posted image

Ok, now its time to Load the model you want to rig. In my case its a 3DS file, so i go to File->Import... And i select my model. Hit Ok, and if everything is ok you will see your model like this
user posted image
You can Rotate the camera and move it by pressing Mouse Scroller + Alt to Rotate and only the Mouse Scroller to move, and scroll for Zooming.
Now you have to Import a SA Skeleton, but we need more than it, we also need a PED with it. We can't Use DFF IO, because if you Import a Ped with it, it wont move. You will need to use IFP IO to import a DFF (A ped) because IFP IO is for animating, and it also import the Skin Modifier Data (The ped rigged).

So, go to Utilities Panel and Click on MAX Scripts if Kam's GTA Scripts arent listed go to MAXScript->Run Script... and Select IFP IO.
user posted image
Click on Import DFF and import a SA/VC/III Ped (Depending on which GTA you want to rig for). I will import My Leon model as it is in T pose too.
user posted image
You will have to Scale and rotate Your model untill it fits the SA one.
user posted image
Once done you have to put it in the same place as the SA one untill they look like the same. You can help yourself by switching views (Top, Left, Rigth, Front, etc), Rigth Click on where it says the Viewport name (Ex: Perspective) and choose another view.
user posted image
Now you have to Reset the Pivot Position and Rotation to 0.0;0.0;0.0
To do so, go to the Hierarchy Panel and select your model, then click on Adjust Pivot Only and right click on the viewport to select the square next to Move and change the values X Y Z to 0. Same thing with Rotation.
user posted image
Leave Adjust Pivot Only by clicking on it again, and go to the Utilities Tab. Select your model and Press Reset Xform, then press Reset Selected.
user posted image

f*ck !!! Why am I the only one who can't make it ?! sh*t I click editable mesh and the model's just rotating the sh*t out ! Can you tell me how to make this angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Eddy4life
  • Eddy4life

GTA Addict

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (pequenio-ciruja @ Friday, Feb 20 2009, 21:07)
el programa ese tambien sirve para hace models?

Mierda manin, y tu entras a una pagina en ingles para hablar espaņol?
Yo soy bilingue a si que na.

boomshowdown
  • boomshowdown

boomshowdown

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Tutorial is good but i have this but
http://www.4shared.c...G/Untitled.html
Can anyone fix this bug for vc
and in sa model is not loading

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

I believe that before even trying to rig anything you should learn how to use 3DS MAX.
90% of the issues in this topic are because people don't know how to use 3DS MAX.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 04:55)
I believe that before even trying to rig anything you should learn how to use 3DS MAX.
90% of the issues in this topic are because people don't know how to use 3DS MAX.

True, true. You can't just jump into the advanced stuff without taking the beginner tuts first.

Natsume
  • Natsume

GTA SA Modder

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Nice Tutorial, very helpfull for me :lol:

But many images in your tutorial are missing :panic:

somebody can help me?

My Rigged models had many bugs like this

(In 3ds max 2010)

Spoiler

(In Game)

Spoiler

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by ZAZ, 15 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

this part of the hairs seems not attached(rigged) to the head

you can still change it as long as your model is in rigging mode (skin modifier)

Sacrifizzle
  • Sacrifizzle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Great tutorial. I'm going to give it a try soon enough.

StairFax
  • StairFax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hey man I wonder if you can help me, I imported a model but he turns out all jagged, do you have any idea as to why that may be?ArA2dd1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users