Photo

Green Day

271 replies to this topic
SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Apr 5 2009, 09:09)
Really wish I could get the special edition but my credit card has got $93 on it and the total comes out to $105.98. confused.gif

I'm currently in the square middle of exam week and my mum made me an offer -
every exam I get over 85% for, I get $50. So, if I get two over 85%, I'm going to get that in lieu of money.

Don't you have a debit card VS?

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

I hate to flame any music, but green day i'm afraid just isn't well anymore. dookie, grade A perssonal indulgence. you could feel the sorrow in there hearts. American idiot? a cheap sham of insulting any politicians they can to further there hyped publicity. this new album? i hop they regain the respect I oce had for them...

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Unoriginal44 @ Apr 5 2009, 18:23)
I hate to flame any music, but green day i'm afraid just isn't well anymore. dookie, grade A perssonal indulgence. you could feel the sorrow in there hearts. American idiot? a cheap sham of insulting any politicians they can to further there hyped publicity. this new album? i hop they regain the respect I oce had for them...

I think that we've established that American Idiot should really be overlooked as a Green Day album - think of it more as one of their side projects. Commercially it was quite successful, which in a sense, is kinda what made it suckish.
And I think that Green Day understand the whole fact that American Idiot wasn't their best work and I think that's why they're moving away from that style of music - think about it, they're listening to their fans as opposed to money.

If they just wanted cash, and didn't care, they'd purposely continue in the American Idiot direction. But, they've gotten the point across that it's not going to be like that, which is trying to reassure us.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

30 second preview of the first single, "Know Your Enemy", is now up.

Damien.
  • Damien.

Charlies facebook bro

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Apr 5 2009, 19:56)
30 second preview of the first single, "Know Your Enemy", is now up.

Not to bad, i was expecting a lot worse smile.gif

Only thing i didn't like was the voice altering sound thing they used when he started singing.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

I'm sorry but... a new album package in excess of a 100 dollars? That's insane... the only boxset of music I can think of that topped that was the Pink Floyd collection "Oh, By The Way" and that was over 18 discs of seperate albums. In these hard times, I don't think Green Day are going to see much legitimate money from that. While they may be listening to their fans and ignoring what brought them commercial success, they're still on their knees with their dirty hands out for more money in my books, regardless of how much I want this album.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Apr 5 2009, 18:56)
I'm sorry but... a new album package in excess of a 100 dollars? That's insane... the only boxset of music I can think of that topped that was the Pink Floyd collection "Oh, By The Way" and that was over 18 discs of seperate albums. In these hard times, I don't think Green Day are going to see much legitimate money from that. While they may be listening to their fans and ignoring what brought them commercial success, they're still on their knees with their dirty hands out for more money in my books, regardless of how much I want this album.

Exactly. I would've gotten it legitimately, but the price is a bit much and I have to save up for college. Add to this the fact that I don't have a job, so whatever money I get I have to hold on to. I'm going to have to splurge $19.99 when the album comes out.

And I somewhat agree on the money issue as well. They definitely haven't let the money get to their heads, but they are in it for money. Plain and simple. They've even stated it before, that they do what they do for making the music that they want to make, have fun making the music, and to become rich while doing it.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

Hats off to them for still being able to make music people want and make money from it; being a musician is a job and a way of living for some. I don't expect them to give it away for free, far from it, they have to make their money no different than anyone in retail or an office job. It's a profession at the end of the day, sure, but come the f*ck on Green Day.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:43 AM

Maybe it was the record label that decided the price tag. I'm not sure how much input the band itself has when it comes to determining the price range of their own products. Warner Bros. are greedy f*cks after all, but who isn't nowadays?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

I don't doubt that the record label could slap such a price tag on a product, and to be fair it's a tasty product to those that consider themselves big enough fans of Green Day, but I just can't see them selling all that well, and the demand for more won't stretch much further than the original pressing.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

I think that everyone would think the same way as you guys if it didn't have that massive "Only 3000 made!" sign slapped on it.

Think about that for a sec. If you saw that as a legit product, just saying, "Price; 89.99" and nothing too special about it's availability, everyone would think "what a gyp."

Plus, I don't think GD themselves would've slapped that price on it.

As for the Know your Enemy preview, it's a bit redundant (just as their last preview was) but it better get more complex toward the middle. Overall it's sounding pretty kickass.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:23 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 07 April 2009 - 02:31 AM.

Here's a preview of the Know Your Enemy video (with a longer version of the song: 90 seconds) that aired at the beginning of a college basketball game just about an hour ago.

You can also just listen to the 90 second clip on their MySpace.
http://www.myspace.com/greenday

vaver16
  • vaver16

Boo Ya

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

i cant wait, ive been counting down the days till the release!

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Anybody a idea off a gig date for Ireland?
Or maybe the UK as bands always do UK then Ireland which gives me a fair idea.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Green Day played their first show in 3 years on April 7th, (Their last show being Melbourne, Australia) and played nearly all of 21st Century Breakdown.

A bunch of videos can be found here.

Hell, what a time for my internet to cap ey? Gonna have to wait 15 minutes for this video to buffer.
As a matter of fact, I'm not going to spoil the album. I'm going to wait til I get this baby shipped my way/buy it from the shops, then I'm going to listen the f*ck out of it.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:54 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 11 April 2009 - 06:15 AM.

They played another show last night at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. Apparently the tickets were only 20 bucks and they again played nearly all of the new album. And supposedly they'll be playing a show at a ballroom in New York City on May 18th, however this is unconfirmed. If it's true, I might be able to finally see them live. I'd much rather see them in a smaller venue as opposed to an arena or stadium.

And there's been a slight change in the track listing of the new album. They've added 1 new song and changed the titles of some of them.

Act I - Heroes and Cons

1. "Intro/21st Century Breakdown"
2. "Know Your Enemy"
3. "íViva La Gloria!"
4. "Before the Lobotomy"
5. "Christian's Inferno"
6. "Last Night on Earth" (might be changed to "All My Love")

Act II - Charlatans and Saints

7. "East Jesus Nowhere" (originally titled "March of the Dogs")
8. "Peacemaker"
9. "Last of the American Girls"
10. "Murder City" (originally titled "Desperate")
11. "┐Viva La Gloria?" (might be changed to "Little Girl")
12. "Restless Heart Syndrome"

Act III - Horseshoes and Handgrenades

13. "Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
14. "Drama Queen"
15. "The Static Age"
16. "21 Guns"
17. "American Eulogy"
*I. "Mass Hysteria"
*II. "I Don't Wanna Live in the Modern World"
18. "See the Light"

Here's the set list from their April 7th gig in SF.

Welcome to Paradise
21st Century Breakdown
Know Your Enemy
íViva La Gloria!
Before the Lobotomy
Christian's Inferno
Last Night on Earth
East Jesus Nowhere
Peacemaker
Last of the American Girls
Murder City
Restless Heart Syndrome
Horseshoes and Handgrenades
Static Age
American Eulogy
See the Light

*Break*

American Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
She
Christie Road
Bad to the Bone (just a little bit of it)
J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva) (by request from the audience)
F.O.D. (f*ck Off and Die) (by request from the audience)
Longview
Brain Stew (just a little bit of it)
Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?
Going to Pasalacqua

*Break*

Macy's Day Parade
King For a Day (with Shout
& Stand By Me worked in between)
Minority

And the band themselves have confirmed that the first single Know Your Enemy will be released on Thursday (the 16th).

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

AW MAN, they played Going to Pasalacqua? That's got to be one of my favourite songs by them, if not, my favourite!
I wish they'd play small gigs like that in Australia...
...racist bastards. ph34r.gif

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, it's nice to see that they're throwing their old school stuff in there that they haven't played in ages.

Also, here's a video from the April 7th gig, with a nice 3 minute chunk of íViva La Gloria!.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'd love to go and see them in such a small gig. I've got a DVD of them doing VH1 storytellers, it's so damn cool.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

The official track list has been released on the official website, along with artwork and lyrics for each song.

Act I - Heroes and Cons

1. "21st Century Breakdown"
2. "Know Your Enemy"
3. "íViva La Gloria!"
4. "Before the Lobotomy"
5. "Christian's Inferno"
6. "Last Night on Earth"

7. "East Jesus Nowhere"
8. "Peacemaker"
9. "Last of the American Girls"
10. "Restless Heart Syndrome"

11. "Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
12. "The Static Age"
13. "21 Guns"
14. "Mass Hysteria"
15. "Murder City"
16. "I See the Light"
17. "Modern World"
18. "Song of the Century"

http://www.greenday....icle.php?id=106

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

In addition to this, Green Day are playing a show in Oakland at the Fox Theater, on Tuesday the 14th of April.

It's good to see they fixed up some lyrics in 21st Century Breakdown. Since the demo was released, two additional verses have been added along with some line changes.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:51 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 16 April 2009 - 08:27 PM.

The track list posted on the official site was wrong and has been corrected. Here's the real thing. Jesus.

Act I - Heroes and Cons

1. Song of the Century
2. 21st Century Breakdown
3. Know Your Enemy
4. íViva La Gloria!
5. Before the Lobotomy
6. Christian's Inferno
7. Last Night On Earth

8. East Jesus Nowhere
9. Peacemaker
10. Last of the American Girls
11. Murder City
12. ┐Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
13. Restless Heart Syndrome

14. Horseshoes and Handgrenades
15. The Static Age
16. 21 Guns
17. American Eulogy
a) Mass Hysteria
b) Modern World
18. See the Light

Can't believe the official site of all places got it wrong. And now the lyric pages are "not found". They must be updating everything.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

I guess making a 3-CD album can be a trial-and-error process, but they should get their sh*t together before they go making it look solid on the website.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:23 PM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 16 April 2009 - 08:28 PM.

Full version of Know Your Enemy is now up. The album is now available for pre-order on iTunes, and if you pre-order it there you get 4 bonus songs, a digital booklet, and Know Your Enemy will automatically be downloaded to your computer. All for just 15 bucks. I'm glad I didn't order that 100 dollar special edition.

And odds are that the unconfirmed May 18th show in New York will take place, at the Bowery Ballroom. I'm going to keep tabs on the venue's site so that I can get some damn tickets, because I'd rather see them at a small club as opposed to an arena. Plus the tickets shouldn't be too pricey.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Apr 4 2009, 17:09)
Really wish I could get the special edition but my credit card has got $93 on it and the total comes out to $105.98. confused.gif

$105?!

Even if I personally got a blowjob, my balls sucked and my ass fingered by Billy with a purchase of that special edition CD, I would refuse to pay that price.

Especially for a Green Day CD. Shame on them.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, the price is a bit much. Glad I didn't go for it, 'cause now I get 4 extra songs with the entire album itself for just fifteen bucks.

Here's Lights Out, one of the two b-sides to Know Your Enemy. A lot of people have been saying this one is far better than KYE, as it reminds them of the Dookie era, and some have even gone on to say that it's "Insomniac meets nimrod.". I guess I'd have to agree, but I think I still like KYE better.

I'm still waiting to find Hearts Collide, the second b-side. Some people have been saying that they have it but won't provide a download link, so I smell some bullsh*t.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

Just got my hands on Lights Out and it certainly is a punchy little number, reminds of the sort of tracks we saw during the American Idiot release such as Shoplifter and Governator that didn't really fit in with the album's story. Hope to see a fair few B-Sides from this album.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:43 AM

I love that Lights Out song. Certainly made me feel better after hearing KYE; I feel that that song was WAY to repetetive. It sounded pretty kickass but still, way too much of the same thing.
Lights Out = a sample of awesome.

Damien.
  • Damien.

Charlies facebook bro

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Just wanted to say that the full version of "Do you know your enemy" has been added to Spotify now smile.gif

springsteen_fan
  • springsteen_fan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

Green Day have announced that they will hit the road for their first proper tour of the United States and Canada in more than three years beginning July 3rd in Seattle, WA. The first leg of the tour will cross North America through the summer and finish up with two shows in Los Angeles on August 26th.

July
3rd Seattle, WA
4th Vancouver, BC
6th Edmonton, AB
7th Saskatoon, SAS
9th Winnipeg, MAN
10th Fargo, ND
11th Minneapolis, MN
13th Chicago, IL
14th Detroit, MI
16th Hamilton, ONT
17th Ottawa, ONT